Welcome to Gaia! ::

Powerful Spirit

Would have been nice if this had come out ages ago so I could have used it when I actually needed it. gonk

To the people complaining about the "I can't see your posts" thing:

It's a valid point but as someone who was harassed through quoting, mule posting, etc... I have to disagree. I never wanted to see that person again, no matter what. I don't want to be reminded of them at all. AT ALL. So while there are complaints, I'm one of those people that would prefer it this way. It would be nice to have a method to turn that particular option on and off though, for those that disagree with this blocking feature.

I can see issues stemming from it in terms of harassment. It's pretty much free range to continue to harass a user but now with the added bonus of the harass-ee being unable to see/defend themselves. neutral

Man-Hungry Carnivore

If I choose to ignore someone then I won't be able to see what they say about me.
Also someone could ignore me just so that I can't see what they say about me.

But then again, I don't want someone to ignore me just so that they can stalk me in peace.

I think the best would be to have settings that can be changed for each person on the ignore list, but that the options go both ways 3nodding

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
...If someone you're ignoring posts in a thread started by a third party, would you see their name as the last poster?

Lonely Member

12,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Friendly Wench

This is wonderful. I hated having someone quote me or even being able to see my post if I didn't want them to. rolleyes

Vicious Hellraiser

13,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Threadmaster 200
Great update, just one suggestion.
Can we get rid of this for people on our Ignore list?

User Image

trishalee66969's Husband

Tricky Sage

11,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
So in a Sense Most Mods have more of a Privilege to Harass us and we can ignore them but they can still send us messages and harass us more? thats how i see it. For people who dont do wrong such as myself i get harassed quite a bit for nothing i do if i dont do anything wrong why should i still have to be harassed by mods?

Vicious Hellraiser

13,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Threadmaster 200
TokerkingNEW
So in a Sense Most Mods have more of a Privilege to Harass us and we can ignore them but they can still send us messages and harass us more? thats how i see it. For people who dont do wrong such as myself i get harassed quite a bit for nothing i do if i dont do anything wrong why should i still have to be harassed by mods?

Mods need to be able to send users messages because that's part of their jobs, and how the site is run. If you actually feel like a Mod is harassing you, then you report them for it.

trishalee66969's Husband

Tricky Sage

11,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
[ R ]
TokerkingNEW

Mods need to be able to send users messages because that's part of their jobs, and how the site is run. If you actually feel like a Mod is harassing you, then you report them for it.

Have nothing gets done about it =( its sad

Fashionable Borg

こんにちはこんな記念日は心からありがとうって言えるね いつもは恥ずかしいけど一生に一度大切な日
                  チョコレイトの苦いとこ 大人なの子供なの?いつまでも夢見たいからこのリズムにのせて

i don't use the ignore system since i don't really have a problem with most people on gaia, but gj!

Fashionable Borg

TokerkingNEW

mods don't harass people...

Distinct Genius

Great! Can't wait to see the new changes towards the new Gaia generation. biggrin

trishalee66969's Husband

Tricky Sage

11,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
inaniloquent
TokerkingNEW

mods don't harass people...

as far as you know

High-functioning Lunatic

yay, finally, I have been waiting for this

Rainbow Fairy

6,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
merci! heart