Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Rogue

14,500 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Oh thank goodness. heart
This update to the Ignore system was much needed.

Versatile Werewolf

6,825 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
this is perfect X3 the best thing gaia has ever done so far lol i just blocked a guy today that kept annoying the hell outta me it feels good to not have to see anything of his X3 or be reminded that he exists XD

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
So let me get this straight. Judging by what I am reading here it seems that whenever someone ignore me; I'm technically auto ignoring them when I am the ignore-e not the ignore-er. Although I'm glad you have in a way that the person who ignore me can no longer keep up with all activities I do. So those people who have me on ignore can stop temporary un-black list me just to post a reply in one of my threads or even quote me in someone else thread. But everything else I don't agree with. I do not want to be auto ignoring someone when someone else ignores me. They make the choice to block me. I did not. And I certainly don't wish to hop on a mule just to get the whole story in threads that contains a decent amount of discussion just because that person who is discussion with someone else had me on ignore.

Popular Noob

These changes sound amazing! I look forward to seeing them in action! biggrin

Hardened Member

50,925 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
Finally!... Now about that inventory arranger... mad

Distinct Shapeshifter

Edits to the system! Their presence is greatly appreciated! yum_puddi

Raven Ryder's Partner

Hotheaded Warrior

26,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job guys and thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!

Versatile Werewolf

6,825 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
2_twins in a ball
Edits to the system! Their presence is greatly appreciated! yum_puddi

-steals your pudding- X3

Invisible Prophet

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I like the updates...

But, question: where it says when you add "another user" to the ignore list these new features will be active, does that mean we'd have to re-ignore them to get the updated features, or will they apply to already-existing ignored automatically?

Scurvy Pirate

laughed at you when he
I like the updates...

But, question: where it says when you add "another user" to the ignore list these new features will be active, does that mean we'd have to re-ignore them to get the updated features, or will they apply to already-existing ignored automatically?

It'll apply to all users on your Ignore list, regardless of when you added them.

Invisible Prophet

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Uncle Kenny
laughed at you when he
I like the updates...

It'll apply to all users on your Ignore list, regardless of when you added them.

That's wonderful, Kenny! Thank you all so much! 4laugh You know, the Ignore feature is one of the main reasons I love this site so much. It's all about the relationships we build, and the ability to avoid cruel people really makes life so much nicer. Thank you all so much! 4laugh heart

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Rise of Kalas
Brazekool
Rise of Kalas
let us put a comment next to the ignored so we know why we ignored them in the first place so we can remember if we forget.
Oh mate, I tried to get this done for the friends-list ages ago too, so you could write something short about how and when you met. Most of the responses were people just being assholes, and basically just wondering why I don't just type my own list for my own reference.

So maybe, each time you ignore someone you could open up your ignore list text file on your computer and write exactly what it was that they did, list quotes, etc.
Some people can be real dicks for no good reason. Just because they won't use the feature doesn't mean others won't use it. It would be a nice feature for the friends list for when your friend changes their darn gaia name. ESPECIALLY if you've been off for a few days or their status doesn't say they changed their name. I tend to have nicknames for my friends so it'd be nice to put that next to their gaia name. So when they do change their name, there will be something next to the new name to let me know that it is them. I can't do something like this with my own personal Document/Journal Entry/Saved PM. So next time you get the chance, bring it up again with this defense to anyone that says it's a dumb/stupid idea. It won't stop the people that are just trying to be mean. but it will stop the sensible people from calling you an idiot.
More inspiring words have never been spoken.
We should make a proper petition some day, for both friends/ignore sides of it to have text-boxes next to their names on the list that you can edit. Like, it's not hard right, to add a column of text-boxes.

Moonlight Lover

19,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Champion 300

11,725 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
Meromictic
So if we are on someone's ignore list and we click their thread, we won't see it?

Or is it the other way around and that person won't be able to view the threads of people s/he has ignored?

or is it both?

Theoretically, you won't even see their thread link when you go into a forum. It'll be like they don't exist, basically, and you won't exist to them.
Uncle Kenny
laughed at you when he
I like the updates...

i Dont remember why i added them more if they have changed their username
is there a way to put them on ignore by category sort by

troll
idiot
marketplace disagreement
forum disagreement
etc , etc...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash