Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

Gaia Homes 2.0 Back Yard

...I wish we could make titles to these a little longer...
In the hopes that someday we are able to have multiple rooms, I hope we can also have back yard areas for gardens. I don’t imagine this would be an easy task at all, but I would like to make some suggestions of what I would like to see if this ever became possible. Please feel free to make suggestions of your own.

Badly drawn example under the spoiler tag
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

image link
*Note actual gardens would look a lot better than that....*

Pros of Gaia Back Yards:
1. New gold sink through a Garden Center shop.
2. More profit for Gaia with special Cash Shop garden items.
3. A back yard area like the house itself would be separate from the neighborhood area and not interfere with it.
4. Many users have expressed interest in having a garden area.

Possible problems with Gaia Back Yards:
1. The difficulty of making them in the first place.(obviously. I don’t know much about programing things like that for Gaia, but I bet it’s not easy.)
2. Feasible “Back Yards” for Durem, and Aekea which are apartment blocks and would not actually have back yards.

Basic ideas:
1. Only one Back Yard per account/house(obviously)
2. Back Yards will be available in the same shape, and sizes of current Gaia house rooms.
3. No “walls” instead there would be a back ground representing the town it is in.

Garden item suggestions:

Fences
Stones for paths
Lamp posts
Benches
Small garden sheds
Bird baths
Bird houses
Potted plants
Dog houses
Tables
Chairs
Hammocks
Trees(not going to be silly and try to list every plant I can think of in every category)
Tree with swing
Tree with tire swing
Flowering plants
Vegetable Plants
Fruit Plants
Bushes
Vines
Trellises
Different types of grass
Snow cover
Snow covered plants & other items
Snow men
Ponds
Decorative stones
Statues

Suggestions from other users:( under the spoiler cut to keep it from getting too long)

Obsidian Dreamlight
And maybe a gardening minigame! It could be a good way to include flowers into Towns 2.

Dorian_Archer
I know that some of the houses couldn't have a backyard, but nothing wrong with having a patio or balcony/windowbox garden.

Urd Tanzanite
For Durem (where I live), I don't see why we can't have green roofs.

There would need to be a "R" (roof) button for the elevator.

And we could have the rooftop space with a cute little roof access, six plots, and crushed rock pathways in between (with an option to change the path material).

As this would be a shared space for the whole building, there wouldn't need to be six different spaces/plots for the building.

For Aekea, there is that central ladder near the top landing; it doesn't seem to go anywhere. That could be extended to another roof access and space.

happy swirl
Yes! I love these suggestions!

I'd also like to see treehouses, a small bird house/cage (could also be substituted for indoors), picnic table, small pond bridge, pond with lotus/leafpad, a swing that looks a little like the swing from Petite Cherie, and more pillows for chairs and couches. These suggestions are pretty "large" in our Gaia homes.

As for statues, a zomg flamingo would work just fine. sweatdrop

Fluffy Werewolf

15,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
I actually really like this idea. It might not be feasible right now, but maybe eventually? If not I'd still love an alternate workaround. Back yard themed tiles and basically have everything you suggested there as items. Now I want a barton forest themed interior with trees and other nature themed things to throw in it. D;

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Honestly, I love the idea of A gaia back yard for houses. It opens up a lot of potential and i’d love to have a backyard to decorate.

Star-Crossed Seraph

25,775 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Object of Affection 150
I know that some of the houses couldn't have a backyard, but nothing wrong with having a patio or balcony/windowbox garden.

Kawaii Shapeshifter

19,100 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Party Animal 100
And maybe a gardening minigame! It could be a good way to include flowers into Towns 2.

Fluffy Kitten

Obsidian Dreamlight

Good idea! I'll add it to the first post.

Kawaii Shapeshifter

19,100 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Party Animal 100
Csilla Silvana
Obsidian Dreamlight

Good idea! I'll add it to the first post.

Awesome. whee

Maybe different flowers would attract different bugs.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Having been IN Towns, I do not see how any of this would even work. There pretty much is no room for any of it that I can see. Especially not in places like Durem.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I'd decorate my back yard if I had one! <3

Fluffy Kitten

Nyadriel
Having been IN Towns, I do not see how any of this would even work. There pretty much is no room for any of it that I can see. Especially not in places like Durem.

Codemonkey has talked about multiple rooms for houses hopefully being possible eventually. A back yard would be kind of like that, just an altered version of a room. A separate area like the inside of the houses, it wouldn't interfere with anything else that way.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Dorian_Archer

This! crying

I'm in Aekea. We and Durem have apartments.

Fluffy Kitten

Dorian_Archer

sweatdrop didn't see this the first time... Added the the first post now!

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500

And we could have the rooftop space with a cute little roof access, six plots, and crushed rock pathways in between (with an option to change the path material).

As this would be a shared space for the whole building, there wouldn't need to be six different spaces/plots for the building.

For Aekea, there is that central ladder near the top landing; it doesn't seem to go anywhere. That could be extended to another roof access and space.

Fluffy Kitten

Urd Tanzanite

I hadn't even thought about anything like that for the apartment blocks. I'll add this to the top post!

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Csilla Silvana
I hadn't even thought about anything like that for the apartment blocks. I'll add this to the top post!

I'm glad I could contribute. cat_biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces