Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

dreamsk
Csilla Silvana
dreamsk
Csilla Silvana
dreamsk
I'd like to see my decorating from the neighborhood though. It seems a lot less rewarding to not see the fruits of your work from afar instead of having to go into your house/a different space entirely. Plus there's really no room for it in Aekea/Durem as you said in your first post. We can customize the outside areas with different colors, so it should be entirely possible with minimal effort to modify the exterior face of the house via the housing editing tool or even a primitive form of it.

To have garden areas in the neighborhoods themselves would require a redesign, and most likely a lot of new coding. You can ask Codemonkey about it, but I'm pretty sure It just isn't going to happen. Other users have made some great suggestions about rooftop, or balcony gardens, and having it in a different flash space gives users a lot more room to work with.
Another problem with gardens in the neighborhood area is that in a full neighborhood that will get a lot of clutter very fast. How much more difficult will it be to catch bugs if your neighbors have all kinds of plants, and things in the way? You may be unhappy with it, but a separate flash space is the best chance we will get to have a garden area, and I for one really want the chance to have a garden.
But that way you're basically starting from scratch. Plus it still doesn't address the spacial problems in Durem/Aekea. Only the 4th floor have rooftops, but balconies was what I was originally going for with front yard. I was thinking more that the neighborhood would function the same way that it was, but it would have slight differences in appearance with what was in the yard but nothing actually getting in the way like if you were to go inside the house. It would just be a matter of the editor taking a picture of the front of the house and putting that in the neighborhood picture slot similarly to how the housing editor takes a picture of the interior of the home and uses that for when people enter your home just without the flash objects. It should be easier this way to modify the existing coding than to start from scratch, but if codemonkey wants to do it a certain way then as long as it gets done I guess that's all that matters.

It wouldn't be starting from scratch. We already have housing interior rooms. A garden area could be made based on those rooms. Durem and Aekea would be a bit more complicated, unless they go the "a wizard did it" rout. (Which this being Gaia is possible) There are plenty of apartments with rooftops balconies, and yard areas in the real world to make a personal garden that won't require altering the art work, and what not of already existing areas, cluttering those areas, or taking the risk of angering all your neighbors in a community space.
That was...pretty much what I was talking about, just that you would be able to edit your house the same time as you could edit your yard. The exterior of the house would still function the same with no objects to block the path, just look different. Here's a shitty example of what I'm talking about: http://i43.tinypic.com/e5o18x.jpg

That's not a garden, that's decorating the exterior of your house. Which is a really nice idea, but not at all what I'm talking about or want with this. I want to have trees, and ponds, and paths, big rose bushes, a big personal space that looks like it's out side. It would be nice to put little things around the out side of my house that didn't interfere with my neighbors, but that isn't my goal with this thread.

Hastily drawn example of what I'm talking about

Fluffy Kitten

legal bump.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Csilla Silvana
dreamsk
Csilla Silvana
dreamsk
Csilla Silvana
dreamsk
I'd like to see my decorating from the neighborhood though. It seems a lot less rewarding to not see the fruits of your work from afar instead of having to go into your house/a different space entirely. Plus there's really no room for it in Aekea/Durem as you said in your first post. We can customize the outside areas with different colors, so it should be entirely possible with minimal effort to modify the exterior face of the house via the housing editing tool or even a primitive form of it.

To have garden areas in the neighborhoods themselves would require a redesign, and most likely a lot of new coding. You can ask Codemonkey about it, but I'm pretty sure It just isn't going to happen. Other users have made some great suggestions about rooftop, or balcony gardens, and having it in a different flash space gives users a lot more room to work with.
Another problem with gardens in the neighborhood area is that in a full neighborhood that will get a lot of clutter very fast. How much more difficult will it be to catch bugs if your neighbors have all kinds of plants, and things in the way? You may be unhappy with it, but a separate flash space is the best chance we will get to have a garden area, and I for one really want the chance to have a garden.
But that way you're basically starting from scratch. Plus it still doesn't address the spacial problems in Durem/Aekea. Only the 4th floor have rooftops, but balconies was what I was originally going for with front yard. I was thinking more that the neighborhood would function the same way that it was, but it would have slight differences in appearance with what was in the yard but nothing actually getting in the way like if you were to go inside the house. It would just be a matter of the editor taking a picture of the front of the house and putting that in the neighborhood picture slot similarly to how the housing editor takes a picture of the interior of the home and uses that for when people enter your home just without the flash objects. It should be easier this way to modify the existing coding than to start from scratch, but if codemonkey wants to do it a certain way then as long as it gets done I guess that's all that matters.

It wouldn't be starting from scratch. We already have housing interior rooms. A garden area could be made based on those rooms. Durem and Aekea would be a bit more complicated, unless they go the "a wizard did it" rout. (Which this being Gaia is possible) There are plenty of apartments with rooftops balconies, and yard areas in the real world to make a personal garden that won't require altering the art work, and what not of already existing areas, cluttering those areas, or taking the risk of angering all your neighbors in a community space.
That was...pretty much what I was talking about, just that you would be able to edit your house the same time as you could edit your yard. The exterior of the house would still function the same with no objects to block the path, just look different. Here's a shitty example of what I'm talking about: http://i43.tinypic.com/e5o18x.jpg

That's not a garden, that's decorating the exterior of your house. Which is a really nice idea, but not at all what I'm talking about or want with this. I want to have trees, and ponds, and paths, big rose bushes, a big personal space that looks like it's out side. It would be nice to put little things around the out side of my house that didn't interfere with my neighbors, but that isn't my goal with this thread.

Hastily drawn example of what I'm talking about
emotion_drool What is the purpose of plants if you cant harvest their flowers or bugs? It would actually be a good alternative to having to climb a** up the elevator in Durem for a bug. Hmm...actually a backyard might make sense if the apartment buildings back side had a patio. Since we wouldn't be able to see the other side of the building to know it was there. Perhaps it would be a good place to have hangouts as well.

Fluffy Kitten

legal bump

Fluffy Kitten

legal bump

Fluffy Kitten

I almost forgot about this! BUMP!

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Durem and Aekea must have roof top / balcony gardens because that would be classy as hell!

Mysterious Trickster

I like the idea of backwards for Towns. I don't think Durem or Aekea would be a problem, considering the programming code would be the same for Barton or Gambino. This is coming from someone who used to program a while back.

The overall idea is pretty sound and while I don't see it happening in the near future, perhaps when Towns 2 is finally complete (codemonkey saying some time in 2015, in ATA), then it can be something to push for? It would be a good gold sink, and another incentive to use Gaia Cash.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff