Welcome to Gaia! ::

Playful Friend

Hello, hello again Site Feedback forum!
Before you say anything, yes I know this is another thread adding to the heaps of threads regarding the generators on Gaia. I'm sorry for posting another thread on the subject, but I wanted to give my feedback on the subject and also provide a list of the generators we've received, which is in the second post.

I won't go into the whole "these generators are destroying Gaia's economy" but they totally are. Wait, maybe I might just a bit. Sorry. Still, I want to focus on some other points that are brought up with these generators.

Annnnd, yes I realize the madness brought upon by the generators isn't only Gaia's fault, but also caused by the users who purchase and use these generators for gold. Team effort there. Even so, I want to share what Gaia can do about this and how changing their route can help them out more in the long-run. So yep, onto the points I want to discuss concerning the generators.

They're Overwhelming
So I was wondering...can you name five generators on Gaia? How about ten? I can't. :'l
Well, we've had 85 different generators here on Gaia (until I've updated it anyway). Most of those are able to generate both gold and items, some with the choice to pick either gold or an item and some without, and we've been seeing some newer ones offering a chance to win a ticket for specific opportunities. Even so, that is a lot of generators! Much wow.

If you look at the list I compiled of Gaia's generators, their re-releases, and relating announcements, you'll find that the announcements are becoming more clustered and an increase of new generators are being released. These are overwhelming! They add to the amount of announcement spam and are difficult to keep track of in general. Nowadays there are at least three different generators in the cash shop daily, and those aren't including the bundles.

Suggestion
It would be nice to see a break from this sort of bombardment of generator updates. You bring back generators, leave them in the cash shop for a day or two, take them out and bring back other generators. You're switching the generators out too quickly and replacing them with different generators in the blink of an eye - so please slow down. Maybe give us more gaps in-between the generator releases, or leave generators in the cash shop for longer periods of time to cut back? There's just too much activity with them.

Quote:
User Image
Sorry it's hard to see!
I'm bad with graphs.

* Graph actually has all of May's data, I just forgot to edit the title
* I'll most likely add June once the month finishes
* Might have missed one or two
* Anyone is free to use
• • • • • • • • • •

Based on Zandy's calendar:
• Avg. 3 - 4 new gold generators per week
• Avg. 5 - 6 days per week with at least one generator announcement

• New generators are most likely released on Mondays and Tuesdays

• In the 49 days we've had 41/49 (83.7%) contain some sort of gold generator
• All 49 days have had at least one generator in the CS present
• In the last 49 days, we've had 15 consecutive days having an announcement regarding a generator

Making Gold Worthless
We know that you're releasing all of these generators for the purpose of making gold absolutely worthless that we would have to turn to the cash shop and spend real money in trying to get anywhere in this economy. Other sites have done it before, and it's a nifty tactic, but it's mostly short-termed.

Oh, and by worthless I mean that with the huge influx of gold into the system via the generators, prices on the marketplace skyrocket and items more than triple in gold price costing ridiculous amounts of gold. It doesn't just affect the marketplace of course (also affects art shop prices, charity expectancies, considering whether Booty Grab or zOMG are even worth the time, etc.).

Suggestion
So yeah, you depend quite a bit on selling these generators in the cash shop because people are pressured to turn to using them to get what they want. Still, if you were smart and wanted to be sure that this wouldn't be a short-term project (because it'll only be so long before people won't bother with this anymore and you jump ship), then you'd switch up what you're doing to ensure that you keep on making income.

Honestly, this massive inflation is frustrating a lot of users and causing them to give up on the marketplace, boycott the cash shop, and even quit Gaia altogether. You're losing your users and potential customers!

Now then, there have been many suggestions posed regarding the gold generators, but I'll put in my opinion.

1. Stop the gold generators and release solely item generators instead.
Because you won't do away with generators completely, a compromise would be nice. A good number of paying users make use of gold generators to get an item they want. They buy gold to get items. Well, with item generators they're might be an item offered in the generator that they want. They might buy bundles to try and win it, or sell off the won items they have no interest in.

This would bring down the inflation of the items offered in the generator and over time I wouldn't doubt it bringing down the overall marketplace inflation. It's a lot better than just dumping gold into the economy, that's for sure.

2. Find a balance and keep it controlled.
The marketplace inflation spikes to a new number almost daily. It frightens away new users and drives away older users. I suggest you start regulating your generators. Put in good, effective gold sinks (like continuing with the great recolors in Loyal's shop, keeping Flynn's Plunder updated, Nicolae's Marketplace going, entertaining gold sink events, etc.) and once the marketplace has more or less stabilized, and yes this will take quite a while, then you can release a generator or two again, but only for a limited time and with smaller gold grants.

That way the marketplace doesn't spike as much, and once you take out the generators from the cash shop, you repeat with the effective gold sinks. It's like a pendulum swinging back and forth, but controlled enough where users can still enjoy the economy while others can buy generators here and there.

With this, it would be much longer term than the way things are going now and it wouldn't drive away users. You would still be generating revenue too and keeping your userbase happy. It will take time though, since there is a heck of a ton of gold in the marketplace now. It will take effort too, to monitor the marketplace, keep track of the inflation, and such.

I realize that this opinion requires more work, and I'm not aware of all of the flaws with it, but I felt that it was worth sharing.

As I mentioned before, there have been many great solutions purposed already. Something really needs to be done about this, Gaia.

Thank you for your time in reading this. Now, onto the list of generators!
Edit 4/16/14: Eeeeeee, my first popular thread! Thank you so much everyone! <3

Edit 6/2/14: I personally no longer believe this economy will ever recuperate now. Seeing four different pure gold generators in the CS each giving out 25b is ridiculous, Gaia. That said, I will continue to do my best in keeping this thread updated until Gaia dies or I just give up.

Playful Friend

Gaia Online List of Generators and Re-Releases

There is a good chance that I have missed some announcements and possibly a generator. If you see any mistakes, I'd appreciate it if you corrected me. Thank you.

The 'related announcements' consist of reminders of departure times, discounts, packs and bundles, clarifications, increased chances to win tickets, and winners announced.

Quote:
User Image
Provided by Ceylon Tae
Go hug him too.

As you scroll down along the various generators, you'll notice that the max amount of gold a generator can give out increases.

Not surprisingly, this graph mirrors the marketplace graph with the increasing bell curve.
• • • • • • • • • •

Generators Released in 2008:
0. User ImageApril 26th: Gold Gold Revolution Wheel [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is ???
0. User ImageApril 26th: Bag of Win [Item] generator.
*Not counting these two for a couple of reasons, but I thought they were interesting to find.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Generators Released in 2013 and Re-Releases:
1. User ImageAugust 22nd: Flynn's Booty [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 100 million. [2 Related Announcements]
Sep. 26th: Flynn's Booty is Back! [2 Related Announcements]
Oct. 4th: Flynn's Booty is Back for 24 Hours!
Oct. 15th: Flynn's Booty is back for 12 Hours!
2. User ImageOctober 22nd: Flynn's Chest [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 250 million.
Oct. 26th: Flynn's Booty and Chest are back!
Nov. 3rd: Flynn's Booty and Chest are back!
Nov. 10th: Flynn's Booty is Back!
Nov. 24th: Flynn's Booty - 6hr Sale
Dec. 4th: Flynn's Booty and Chest are back!
3. User ImageDecember 7th: Divinity's Reach [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 5 million.
Dec. 13th: Divinity's Reach is back! [1 Related Announcement]
Dec. 20th: Divinity's Reach is back!
4. User ImageDecember 28th: Santa's Super Sack [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 500 million. [1 Related Announcement]
Dec. 29th: Divinity's Reach is back!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Generators Released in January 2014 and Re-Releases:
Jan. 2nd: Flynn's Booty and Chest are back! [1 Related Announcement]
Jan. 6th: Divinity's Reach is back!
Jan. 9th: Flynn's Booty is back for 12 Hours!
5. User ImageJanuary 17th: Coin Flip [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is ???. [3 Related Announcements]
Jan. 20th: Divinity's Reach is back!
Jan. 21st: Divinity's Reach Super Bundle now in La Victoire!
Jan. 23rd: Flynn's Booty and Chest are back! [1 Related Announcement]
6. User ImageJanuary 24th: Coin Toss [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 100 million. [2 Related Announcements]
Jan. 26th: Nicolae's Surprise Encore Visit!
7. User ImageJanuary 28th: Pick A Card [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [1 Related Announcement]
8. User ImageJanuary 29th: Let It Ride [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
9. User ImageJanuary 30th: Lunar Sky Lantern [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 250 million.
10. User ImageJanuary 30th: Lunar Fortune Cookie [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is ???. [2 Related Announcements]

Generators Released in February 2014 and Re-Releases:
Feb. 2nd: Let's Play Another Round!
Feb. 3rd: Divinity's Reach is back!
Feb. 3rd: Coin Toss is back in La Victoire!
Feb. 7th: Flynn's Booty and Chest are back!
11. User ImageFebruary 8th: Candy Hearts [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 250 million.
Feb. 10th: Candy Hearts are back!
12. User ImageFebruary 12th: Roses and Romance [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 250 million.
Feb. 14th: Candy Hearts are back!
Feb. 15th: Please Help! Candy Overload!
Feb. 16th: Divinity's Reach is back!
Feb. 17th: Coin Toss! Back for Limited Time!
Feb. 17th: Roses & Romance Back in La Victoire!
13. User ImageFebruary 18th: Gambino's Prize Jewels [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 250 million. [1 Related Announcement]
Feb. 20th: Flynn's Booty and Chest are back!
Feb. 21st: Pick a Card and Let It Ride are back!
Feb. 22nd: Candy Hearts are back!
Feb. 23rd: Divinity's Reach is Back!
14. User ImageFebruary 24th: Carnival Day [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 500 million. [1 Related Announcement]
Feb. 24th: Coin Toss is back in La Victoire!
Feb. 26th: Divinity's Reach is back!
Feb. 27th: Candy Hearts & Roses and Romance back in La Victoire! [1 Related Announcement]
Feb. 28th: Flynn's Booty and Chest are back!

Generators Released in March 2014 and Re-Releases:
Mar. 1st: Divinity's Reach is back!
15. User ImageMarch 2nd: Gaia Awards [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 250 million.
Mar. 2nd: Coin Toss is back in La Victoire!
16. User ImageMarch 3rd: Love Me, Love Me Not [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [1 Related Announcement]
Mar. 4th: Pick a Card and Let It Ride are back!
Mar. 5th: Divinity's Reach is back!
Mar. 5th: Flynn's Chest is back!
17. User ImageMarch 5th: Project Couture [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [4 Related Announcements]
18. User ImageMarch 7th: Dreaming of Sheep [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
Mar. 9th: Carnival Day is back in town!
Mar. 9th: Divinity's Reach is back!
19. User ImageMarch 10th: Dice Roll [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 100 million. [2 Related Announcements]
Mar. 12th: Dreaming of Sheep back in La Victoire!
Mar. 13th: Dice Roll is back in La Victoire!
20. User ImageMarch 13th: Critical Roll [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 250 million. [3 Related Announcements]
Mar. 16th: Dice Roll is back in La Victoire! [1 Related Announcement]
21. User ImageMarch 17th: Pot of Gold [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [1 Related Announcement]
22. User ImageMarch 18th: Blackjack or Bust [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [1 Related Announcement]
Mar. 18th: Critical Roll is back in La Victoire!
Mar. 18th: Dreaming of Sheep back in La Victoire!
Mar. 19th: Dice Roll is back in La Victoire! [2 Related Announcements]
23. User ImageMarch 20th: All Your Animal Base [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [3 Related Announcements]
24. User ImageMarch 21st: Loaded Dice [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [1 Related Announcement]
Mar. 23rd: Dice Roll is back in La Victoire!
Mar. 24th: Dreaming of Sheep back in La Victoire!
Mar. 24th: Loaded Dice back in La Victoire! [2 Related Announcements]
25. User ImageMarch 25th: Perfect Spin [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 500 million. [2 Related Announcements]
26. User ImageMarch 26th: Project Dolled Up [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [3 Related Announcements]
Mar. 27th: Loaded Dice is back in La Victoire! [1 Related Announcement]
27. User ImageMarch 28th: Dice Roll II [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion.
28. User ImageMarch 28th: Cutie Catcher [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [4 Related Announcements]
29. User ImageMarch 29th: Make It Rain [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [6 Related Announcements]
30. User ImageMarch 31st: Dragon Hoard [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [4 Related Announcements]

Generators Released in April 2014 and Re-Releases:
Apr. 1st: Cutie Catcher back in La Victoire with bundles 30% off! [1 Related Announcement]
31. User ImageApril 2nd: Let's Party [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 500 million. [3 Related Announcements]
32. User ImageApril 3rd: Project NPC Apprentice [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [3 Related Announcements]
Apr. 4th: Make It Rain back in La Victoire, bundles at a 30% discount!
33. User ImageApril 5th: Lucky Spin [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 500 million. [1 Related Announcement]
Apr. 6th: Cutie Catcher back in La Victoire with bundles 30% off!
Apr. 6th: Make It Rain back in La Victoire, bundles at a 30% discount! [2 Related Announcements]
34. User ImageApril 7th: Fairy Tales [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [4 Related Announcement]
Apr. 9th: Cutie Catcher back in La Victoire with bundles 30% off! [1 Related Announcement]
35. User ImageApril 10th: Secret Admirer [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [3 Related Announcements]
36. User ImageApril 11th: Golden Spin [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 500 million.
37. User ImageApril 11th: Make It Hurricane [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 2 billion. [3 Related Announcements]
38. User ImageApril 13th: Eat Me [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
39. User ImageApril 13th: Drink Me [Item] generator. [2 Related Announcements]
40. User ImageApril 15th: Rainbow of Rewards [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 2 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
41. User ImageApril 15th: Project NPC Apprentice II [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 2 billion. [5 Related Announcements]
Apr. 17th: Cutie Catcher back in La Victoire with bundles at 40% off! [1 Related Announcement]
42. User ImageApril 18th: Basket of Goodies [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 1 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
Apr. 19th: Cutie Catcher is back in La Victoire, bundles at 40% off
43. User ImageApril 19th: Make it Pour [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 3 billion. [1 Related Announcements]
Apr. 21st: Eat Me & Drink Me back in La Victoire with bundles 30% off!
44. User ImageApril 21st: Project Couture II [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 3.5 billion. [6 Related Announcements]
Apr. 22nd: Secret Admirer is back in La Victoire!
45. User ImageApril 23rd: Forget Me Not [Item] generator. [1 Related Announcement]
46. User ImageApril 23rd: Sweet Reminders [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 3 billion. [1 Related Announcement]
47. User ImageApril 25th: Spot On [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 5 billion. [4 Related Announcement]
48. User ImageApril 25th: Project Creative [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 5 billion. [7 Related Announcements]
49. User ImageApril 27th: Mystery Scene [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 4 billion. [4 Related Announcements]
50. User ImageApril 28th: April Showers [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 5 billion. [3 Related Announcements]
Apr. 29th: Spot On is back in La Victoire, bundles are 40% off!
Apr. 29th: Cutie Catcher is back, bundles are at 50% off!
Apr. 29th: Project Creative is back in La Victoire, bundles 40% off!
51. User ImageApril 30th: Dragon Trove [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 5 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
Apr. 30th: Drink Me back in La Victoire at 30% off!

Generators Released in May 2014 and Re-Releases:
52. User ImageMay 1st: May Flowers [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 4 billion. [1 Related Announcement]
May 1st: Spot On is back in La Victoire, bundles are 40% off!
53. User ImageMay 1st: Project Dolled Up II [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 5 billion. [3 Related Announcements]
54. User ImageMay 3rd: Sugary Sweet [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 4 billion. [3 Related Announcements]
May 3rd: Spot On back in La Victoire, bundles 40% off!
May 4th: Spot On back in La Victoire, bundles 45% off!
May 5th: May Flowers are back in La Victoire, bundles are 45% off!
55. User ImageMay 5th: Cat's Cradle [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 7.5 billion. [1 Related Announcement]
May 6th: Sugary Sweets is back in La Victoire, bundles at 50% off!
May 6th: Mystery Scene back in La Victoire, bundles 50% off! [1 Related Announcement]
May 6th: April Showers is back for a limited time, bundles 50% off! [1 Related Announcement]
56. User ImageMay 8th: Project Creative II [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 5 billion. [6 Related Announcements]
May 8th: Rainbow of Rewards back in La Victoire!
57. User ImageMay 8th: Cutie Catcher II [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 6 billion. [3 Related Announcements]
58. User ImageMay 8th: Princess Party [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 5 billion. [1 Related Announcement]
May 9th: Sugary Sweet back in La Victoire, bundles 50% off!
May 10th: Cat's Cradle is back in La Victoire, bundles 40% off!
59. User ImageMay 10th: Crystal Ball [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 7 billion. [3 Related Announcements]
May 10th: May Flowers are back, bundles at 50% off!
May 11th: Sugary Sweet back in La Victoire, bundles 50% off! [1 Related Announcement]
May 11th: Make it Hurricane Back in La Victoire for 50% off!
May 12th: Cutie Catcher II back in La Victoire, bundles 50% off!
May 12th: Spot On is back in La Victoire, bundles are 50% off! [1 Related Announcement]
60. User ImageMay 12th: Project Companion [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 10 billion. [8 Related Announcements]
May 13th: Sugary Sweets is back in La Victoire, bundles at 50% off!
May 14th: Crystal Ball is back, bundles at 40% off!
61. User ImageMay 14th: Spin n' Win [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 7 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
62. User ImageMay 15th: Project Color Me [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 4 billion. [6 Related Announcements]
May 16th: Princess Party back in La Victoire, bundles 50% off!
63. User ImageMay 16th: Fateful Cards [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 4 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
May 17th: Crystal Ball Returns to La Victoire!
64. User ImageMay 18th: Formal Invitation [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 10 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
May 19th: Cutie Catcher II back in La Victoire, bundles 50% off! [1 Related Announcement]
65. User ImageMay 20th: A Wish Upon a Star [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 10 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
May 20th: Project Color Me is back, bundles at 50% off! [7 Related Announcements]
May 20th: Spin n' Win back in La Victoire, bundles 50% off!
66. User ImageMay 21st: Royal Invitation [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 10 billion. [4 Related Announcements]
67. User ImageMay 22nd: Arcade Blast [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 8 billion. [3 Related Announcements]
68. User ImageMay 22nd: Surprise Gift Box [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 3, 5, 7 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
69. User ImageMay 23rd: Project Couture III [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 10 billion. [9 Related Announcements]
May 24th: Royal Invitation is back in La Victoire!
May 24th: Crystal Ball is back in La Victoire!
70. User ImageMay 25th: Terrific Tea Time [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 10 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
May 25th: Spot On is back in La Victoire, bundles 60% off!
71. User ImageMay 25th: Little Piggy Bank [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 20 billion. [4 Related Announcements]
72. User ImageMay 26th: Bubble Pop [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 5 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
May 27th: Royal Invitation is back, bundles are 60% off! [2 Related Announcements]
73. User ImageMay 28th: Tweet Treats [Gold and Item] generator. Max gold payout is 10 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
74. User ImageMay 29th: Golden Piggy Bank [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 25 billion. [3 Related Announcements]
75. User ImageMay 29th: Bling Blast [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 25 billion. [3 Related Announcements]
76. User ImageMay 30th: Bling Dazzle [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 25 billion. [1 Related Announcement]
77. User ImageMay 31st: Project Colorful Companion [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 10 billion. [1 Related Announcement]

Generators Released in June 2014 and Re-Releases:
Jun 1st: Golden Piggy Bank is back in La Victoire! [4 Related Announcements]
Jun 1st: Bling Blast is back in La Victoire! [1 Related Announcement]
78. User ImageJune 2nd: Chocolate Coins [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 25 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
79. User ImageJune 3rd: Safe Cracker [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 30 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
Jun. 3rd: Formal Invitation is back for a limited time!
80. User ImageJune 4th: Platinum Piggy Bank [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 30 billion.
Jun. 4th: Crystal Ball is back for a limited time!
81. User ImageJune 5th: Project Mega Creative [Gold and Item + Ticket] generator. Max gold payout is 30 billion. [2 Related Announcements]
82. User ImageJune 5th: Kaleidoscope Heart [Item] generator. [4 Related Announcements]
Jun. 6th: Royal Invitation is back in La Victoire!
83. User ImageJune 7th: Hidden Temple Treasure [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 30 billion.
Jun. 7th: Spin n' Win back in La Victoire for a limited time!
Jun. 7th: Limited Time Offer: Crystal Ball at 60% Off!!
84. User ImageJune 8th: Royal Faberge Egg [Gold] generator. Max gold payout is 25 billion.
85. User ImageJune 8th: Imperial Faberge Egg [Item] generator. [1 Related Announcement]

Playful Friend

Reserved for possible future use.

Playful Friend

Playful Friend

Playful Friend

Playful Friend

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Thank you so much for creating this list, I've been meaning to update mine with the amounts but you did it already! emotion_awesome

The vast amount of releases is so depressing. emotion_facepalm

Invisible Regular

Ohh, my goodness. After such abuse, I can't even imagine how long it would take for the marketplace to stabilize.

Original Pumpkin

to think about it is crazy.
but to see it.
>_<
insane.

gaia_crown gaia_diamond gaia_crown

Unbeatable Champion

I have little to no hope that the Marketplace will stabilize anymore, let alone deflate. I stopped buying items at all. I've bought nothing, either in gold or in Gaia cash. I've been here for many years and the way things look on the Marketplace now just discourage me from even trying to buy anything at all.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Diodorus
I have little to no hope that the Marketplace will stabilize anymore, let alone deflate. I stopped buying items at all. I've bought nothing, either in gold or in Gaia cash. I've been here for many years and the way things look on the Marketplace now just discourage me from even trying to buy anything at all.

There's really no point, unless you want the item for personal use, and even then people probably want to wait to see if the price goes down later.

They tried to promote impulse buying, but they took it a little too far with the sales, and now users know that everything will just come back around eventually. Even the gold generators are useless at this point.

They need to get rid of non-item generators and scale back the Cash Shop releases, especially re-releases and recolours.
Then the market might eventually begin to recover, with the help of some serious goldsinks. Otherwise, I don't like the chances of this place seeing another anniversary.
Jeez!
Just seeing that list makes me ashamed of what Gaia Online has become now, it's just depressing seeing gold made more and more worthless and cash the new currency emotion_facepalm
I do like it when a GG does give you a choice to choose between gold and items but I would love it if the GG's were changed to item generators as that's what we are trying to use our gold for......it's logic really......=/

But I doubt that Gaia HQ would even see this topic or listen to us and the way they're going more and more of the community is going to leave this site.....

Angelic Blob

I only hope that the discounts are no enticing users to purchase.
Anyone noticed that the bundles slowed to a stop after that multi Gold generator releases?

Velvetine Zealot

37,225 Points
  • A Magnificent Epilogue to Our Youth 500
  • Dauntless Sovereign 500
  • Melonsta X 500
It's literally impossible for the site to revert after this. They'd have to destroy the foundation and rebuild from ground zero.
I'm guessing this means the new site they're making must be coming into fruition soon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff