Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Spirit

Questionable Prophet

This!! This a thousand times over!! I would kill for a good mobile app. I would even PAY for it!
(and Gaia and my wallet aren't really on speaking terms ATM)
I have the app, but its so bad I never use it. As I type this Im on my iPads browser.
I access Gaia on my iPad probably about 60% of the time?
Which means I can't use the dress up feature at all, and it's my favorite of course.

I would pay a one time $2.99 fee or whatever for a good, well designed and functioning app.
I would do it in a heartbeat! I truly don't want to see this site die, I've been here for 11 years!
This is a great idea to create income for the company that doesn't ******** the economy at the same time.
I have no problem giving my money to Gaia when they aren't participating in predatory business practices,
so I wold love to see this happen!

Dangerous Man-Lover

12,175 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
LittleLunarMouse
This!! This a thousand times over!! I would kill for a good mobile app. I would even PAY for it!
(and Gaia and my wallet aren't really on speaking terms ATM)
I have the app, but its so bad I never use it. As I type this Im on my iPads browser.
I access Gaia on my iPad probably about 60% of the time?
Which means I can't use the dress up feature at all, and it's my favorite of course.

I would pay a one time $2.99 fee or whatever for a good, well designed and functioning app.
I would do it in a heartbeat! I truly don't want to see this site die, I've been here for 11 years!
This is a great idea to create income for the company that doesn't ******** the economy at the same time.
I have no problem giving my money to Gaia when they aren't participating in predatory business practices,
so I wold love to see this happen!

YES THIS

Astral Dreamer

I'm all for an entire gaia app overhaul. It's gone without an update for too long and needs to start again from scratch. I'd even pay for it if it worked properly and included features the original app just doesn't have. The current app is full of unfixed bugs (ya know like how every time I click on an announcement it closed the app) and just isn't working. A new clean fresh gaia app has a lot of potential, they just didn't go about it the right way the first go around.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
mayakko
KittieCupcakes
Sometimes it doesn't let me log in.
Sometimes nothing works.
All the time the forums, PMs, and other features don't work.

The app is worse than useless.

It really is. And it's weird that they seem to care so little about it because it's another way for them to make money. I thought they liked money!

Their business model is completely dependent on microtransactions. That being the case...you'd think they'd place a hearty focus on the mobile side.

Questionable Prophet

Dion Necurat
Their business model is completely dependent on microtransactions. That being the case...you'd think they'd place a hearty focus on the mobile side.

User Image

Seriously! $.99 IAP's add up really fast.
But then again their lack of oversight (or forethought) is pretty damn extreme,
so its really not all that surprising.

They think with their wallets.
Im pretty sure if enough of us told them we'd be willing to pay for an app
that we might actually get it.

User Image

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
LittleLunarMouse
Dion Necurat

User Image

Seriously! $.99 IAP's add up really fast.
But then again their lack of oversight (or forethought) is pretty damn extreme,
so its really not all that surprising.

They think with their wallets.
Im pretty sure if enough of us told them we'd be willing to pay for an app
that we might actually get it.

User Image

Given that the site is free, I'd rather not have to pay for an app. However, encouraging purchases through the app, along with a massive overhaul (incorporating guilds, for starters) would be a nice step.

Questionable Prophet

Dion Necurat
Given that the site is free, I'd rather not have to pay for an app. However, encouraging purchases through the app, along with a massive overhaul (incorporating guilds, for starters) would be a nice step.

User Image

The site may be "free" to play on, but as we know (and have been reminded of many times) Gaia is a business.
I realize it takes money to pay programmers to fix (or completely overhaul) the app, and Im sure numerous other costs I dont know about.
I have no problems paying for the app, which supports the company by helping to keep their costs for such an expensive user requested feature low.
They could do a "free" and "premiere" version for all I care, so long as the free version actually -worked-

User Image

Kawaii Spirit

Wow, thank you all for your support!

I'd be willing to pay for a good app as well, though I think we could achieve a happy medium by making the app free with unlockable features via IAP. For example, you could have basic features in the free app, and to unlock stuff like bookmarking threads and quick reply (or whatever) via a .99 or 1.99 IAP.

Lonely Lunatic

14,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I didn't know you could use itunes cards to buy gaia cash! I get them a lot and I never know what to use them for, so that's definitely something I'm gonna do now razz

But the app is so bad! It's laid out so that you either can't reach the top of bottom of the page, or you can't reach the little toolbar at the bottom in order to switch to pages you can only get to via that bar. Like I can't do any important things like check my status or subscribed threads this way. And it always crashes after I check announcements, so I have to do that with care. If they fixed the app and updated it, then I'd definetly use it more.

Kawaii Spirit

Los bumpitos!

Zombie Is Lost's Significant Otter

Heart Giver

mayakko
I'd be willing to pay for a good app as well, though I think we could achieve a happy medium by making the app free with unlockable features via IAP.

This whole thread sounds like a great idea. I also prefer this suggestion over charging for the app itself.

Kawaii Spirit

Raining_Nights
mayakko
I'd be willing to pay for a good app as well, though I think we could achieve a happy medium by making the app free with unlockable features via IAP.

This whole thread sounds like a great idea. I also prefer this suggestion over charging for the app itself.

Thank you! And yeah, it's a pretty common business model that has been proven to work really well for app developers. Offer a free, basic version of the app and if people want more features they can unlock them for .99 or whatever. That was everybody's happy.

Anxious Gaian

Recently grabbed the app as I finally got a smart phone. Heard many times it was bad, but I wasn't sure how that could be until I started using it.

Often times if I click "menu" the app crashes. Things on the top are covered over by the "menu" button and title of whatever I'm looking at (ie: "forums", subscribed", etc) so I can't click on "hot topics" or the top thread in my subscribed list. The latter is the main issue as the top thread in the subscribed list tends to be the one with new posts in it that I'd want to navigate to!

Haven't even bothered to try posting with it, as after I couldn't click on the top thread in my subscribed list I opened my phone's browser and went back to using the site that way.

Kawaii Spirit

Adverb
Recently grabbed the app as I finally got a smart phone. Heard many times it was bad, but I wasn't sure how that could be until I started using it.

Often times if I click "menu" the app crashes. Things on the top are covered over by the "menu" button and title of whatever I'm looking at (ie: "forums", subscribed", etc) so I can't click on "hot topics" or the top thread in my subscribed list. The latter is the main issue as the top thread in the subscribed list tends to be the one with new posts in it that I'd want to navigate to!

Haven't even bothered to try posting with it, as after I couldn't click on the top thread in my subscribed list I opened my phone's browser and went back to using the site that way.

Yep... welcome to the wonderful world of the Gaia app. Consider yourself lucky that you were able to log in! It often doesn't even let me do that. Fun times.

Congratulations on your new smartphone, though! They're wonderful little things, like a computer in your pocket. Be sure to grab some fun little games like Threes and Dots. Wonderful time wasters for when you're at the airport or waiting for the bus. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff