Total Votes:[ 11 ]
This poll closed on August 28, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 385 386 387 > >> >>> »|

4,350 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Jim had smiled when he saw who walked into his office. "Bruce, my boy, how have you been?" He asked returning the hand shake. He had just remembered Woobie sitting on the desk as he picked the plush animal up. "Wooo."It said once in the Commissioner's hands."Well.. He's Barbara's actually. Oh yes.. Before I forget.. Thank you so much for the new station."

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Bruce took a seat and smiled at Jims' thank you "Don't mention it, consider it a gesture of appreciation for all the good you and your staff do for Gotham." That was Bruce Wayne alright, humble as ever with his contributions, always insisting to praise those he helps rather than receive the praise himself. Getting around to answering Jim's question he said "I've been doing alright all things considered." Glancing over the desk again he decided to ask "I don't suppose I could get you a new desk?"

4,350 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Jim shook his head. "Nope. I like this one just fine. Even if Barbara's friend threw it at us. It was the one I've had since the very beginning. The same one I got news of Barbara's mother. The same one you waited for Alfred. The same one Richard waited for you.. It's memories both good and bad." He added with a smile. "So how is Alfred by the way? I don't see much of him or your new ward Timothy right?" he said as he kicked his feet up on the desk. "Time sure flies... I remember you when you were small Barbara was just born.." He said raising his had to where his waist would be if he were standing.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Bruce couldn't help but remember those times himself, sitting with Jim back when he was just a lieutenant after his parents died. How caring he was to him and how both he and Alfred have always been there for him. As time went on history repeated itself one after another... d**k.. Jason.. Tim... and now the mute girl. Getting his mind focused again he replied "Alfreds' doing exceptionally well, I try to remind him to take it easy but you know Alfred." He chuckled slightly as he continued on "Tim has been doing very good as well, he's not always interested in school mind you but what teenager is?" Placing a hand on the desk as though to reconnect with the memories himself he thought of another offer "You know Jim... with everything we've been through, it's hard to believe we're still here in Gotham."

Hygienic Anubutt

2,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
She grinned. "They'd make exellent club bouncer's."

She started the ignition, ready to head to the major pet stores. "Harley honey, I know you're going through a lot right now, and I know you're hurting but I have a few things I need to ask." She kept her eyes on the road. "Now, what?" She said simply. "Do you want to be the main gal on the crime scene? Do you want to hobnob with the likes of Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor?" What did her friend want outside of her orld with Joker?

The Bunit's Precious

Perfect Sex Symbol

11,425 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Marathon 300
Clark Kent

User Image

(Sorry it took longer than usual I have had a lot of family stuff to deal with and it just kept me pretty busy.)
Clark shrugged since he wasn't aware they had crossed into that territory quite yet despite wanting to cross into that territory for quite some time. Still Jimmy was right Lois definitely seemed to think something had changed which meant the night had meant a lot more to her than initially thought which was a good thing. "Indeed it feels like that woman is working twenty four seven." When Lois returned looking very happy it confirmed what him and jimmy had figured meaning they would be heading to Gotham again something Clark was intending to do later anyway while in costume. As Lois picked up her coffee Clark turned off his computer standing up as she moved past him and gently patted him on the shoulder before moving on. "Wow. You are indeed right Jimmy. Now just to figure out exactly what has changed. I don't think we are in the dating stage yet but maybe I missed something..." Picking up his own coffee he gave Jimmy one last look before heading towards the elevator himself.

Adam hearing Barbara's question about whether he wanted coffee brought in to him today looked down at his desk and the empty cup of coffee sitting there collecting dust. "That would be appreciated thank you. While with Commissioner Gordon do me a favor and ask him how things are looking on his end with this little crusade. I needed to ask him and if you were able to do it then perhaps I could visit the Wayne Manor later to see how the girl is settling in. Also tell the Commissioner I needed to talk to him about something but it can wait until the current crusade has proved fruitful or a failure." Adam had been actively avoiding Gordon since he had held the press conference wanting to put off the inevitable as long as he could. "Anyway see you when you get here. Goodbye Ms. Gordon." With that he hung up the phone and returned to doing what he had been doing before the call to try to finish up a little later rubbing his eyes every now and then.

4,350 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
"Yep..I know how Alfred gets.. Ask him if he'd like to go fishing with me sometime. The new doctor mandates it for me.. Says I haved all these aches and mumbojumbo.. Plus I can only go with Harvey so many times before feeling like I'm losin' my mind." He said with a chuckle. He smiled and pushed his glasses up when Bruce talked about Tim and his focus on school. "I think every boy goes through that. He's discovering girls are turning into women. He'll grow out of it sooner or later." He added smiling. "Oh to be young again." He watched Bruce rest his hand on the desk allowing him to express himself. "Gotham needs good people. We are it's future and if we can in anyway change it's fate we will." He said his face now showing a gleam that he seemed to maintain since his job as a Lieutenant before he sat Woobie on the desk. The small plush made a soft sound once rested. "Woooo."

Barbara was going to try to get something in wordwise but didn't manage to as the D.A. hung up the phone. At least now she had one of her questions answered as she entered the Gotham city limits. She continued on her regular route to Mitchell's Doughnuts picking up her order before heading straight to the station. ONce she arrived to the GCPD parking lot she opened the car door after parking. She opened Ace's door first then began to balance the boxes of doughnuts and coffee parying mentally in her head that Ace learned the trick she was teaching him to help her routine. "Ace shut the door please," She said adjusting her balance. She waited for Ace before moving away towards GCPD's entrance.

Jimmy shrugged it off. "I think she works because she hates being home alone." He said simply as he watched Lois head straight for the elevator with out them. "Whatever, you did CK it has her in a better mood the last couple of weeks. She must think something changed..You know Lois.. She's hard to keep up with."

"Are you two coming or not?" She called from the elevator holding the doors open to at least wait for a response.

"We're coming..Most of us aaren't fully awake yet you know.." He said laughing as he made his way towards the elevator himself. "Come one then CK.. You know how antsy she gets when its a story she's waiting for." He added with a smile.
On Barbara's command, Ace hopped up on his hind legs and pushed the car door shut with his front paws. Seeing that his mommy was struggling with the items, the pup picked up his leash in his mouth and trotted right beside Barbara as they walked into the building, keeping one eye on her at all times.

4,350 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Babs pushed the button to lock her car as her and Ace made their way to GCPD. She was so proud of the Pup as she commented. "Good boy Ace.. Your gonna have a good dinner tonight." She said with a smile before reaching her next obstacle."Ace, Door please." She added hoping the pup was picking up her teachings at home.
Ace wagged his tail at the praise from his mommy. "Wuff!" he barked, muffled by the leash. Looking at the door to the station, he first tried to use the same strategy on this one as he had the last, only to discover it was pull, not push.

Backing up, Ace dropped his leash from his mouth and reared up on his hind legs again. Using the other door as a point of leverage, he got as firm a grip as he could on the door handle and pushed off, pulling the door open about a foot or so before losing his grip. Plopping down, Ace put himself between the door and its frame, opening it wider and stepping aside for Barbara to get through without tripping over him. The technique wasn't perfect, and his partially-toothless mouth had left a nice slobbery surprise for the next person that grabbed the handle, but it got the job done.

4,350 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Babs smiled as Ace helped her through. "Your gonna get steak tonight honey." She said contently as she walked towards the main desk. She sat the doughnuts down on Beverly's desk handing her one of the coffees. "Is dad here?" She asked as she took the leash from Ace and clipped him to it she was kneeling on the ground rubbing the pup behind the ears.

"Oh your father is in his office Bruce came to visit him."

"Oh."

"Your more than welcome to head over.. I see you brought your father lunch as well.. Go on in Babsy."

"Oh..Okay." She said reluctantly as she stood back up looking at Ace for some support as she made her way towards the office her baby in tote. She knocked on the door twice.
Ace tilted his head at Barbara, giving her a "do you want me to open this one too or what?" look as they waited outside Jim's office. Leaning down, he stuck his nose under the door to sniff out who was inside. "Nrrrr?"

4,350 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
She glanced at Ace with a smile. "No Ace.. Mommy gots it this time." She said as she opened the door herself allowing Ace in first. "Hello!" She said as she entered her attitude not reflecting the change between her and Bruce in other circumstances. "Daddy I got you some coffee. Hi Bruce." She added setting the coffee down for her father along with his packed lunch.

"Oh Barbara... Thank you." He said getting up from his desk giving her a hug and a peck on the cheek. He smiled when he saw Ace dropping to the ground giving him a rub behind the ears.

Desirable Dabbler

7,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
User ImageScarecrow hadn't ran far when he heard the crashing and chaos going on above him. He smiled at the thought of the people simply going mad with fear as he leaned against the sewer wall and chuckled slightly, "Seems like it's working perfectly fine. I need to make more and try it on a stronger subject." He looked up at the manhole cover on the other side of the tunnel and heard the clatter of sirens and radios. He knew sitting in the tunnel would only get him caught by some strange person wearing a cape, so he ran through the twists and turns of the maze and soon found himself back at his hideout. Lifting the lid and checking for people moving about the streets, and seeing none, he jumped out and ran into the warehouse and locked the door behind him.

He ripped off his mask and threw it on the table next to his formula sheets. The doctor in him couldn't help but take notes. He looked at the mask as he made scribbles on the paper, "That was perfect, wasn't it?" He chuckled again as he looked back to the papers and placed a check mark next to the formula.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Bruce smiled, Jim was one of the few people who believed in the same thing he did himself. They had both lost people dear to them to the criminals of this city and in their own ways were working to prevent that from happening again... it's a long and painful process but it's their determination and combined efforts that keep them fighting for a better tomorrow. Before he could say anything more Barbara let herself in and he could tell it was about time to make his exit. "Hello Barbara, how are you?" he asked politely while getting up from his seat to take the first step in giving Jim and Babs their space.

Harley was a little taken back but at the same time, she had kind of feared this decision would come up at some point. Despite what Pam had said earlier, she was still reformed and had a good life ahead of her... Harley didn't.. at least in that respect. The question of course was... does she go back to crime? She knew all the big leagues in Gotham, even in the mobster/gang groups and was on good terms if not friends with just about all of them. She definitely had an advantage there and with Lewis and Buster looking for work she already had hired help she could trust. But... what was it like to be the big boss and run your own show? In a way she could imagine it was like when her and Ivy teamed up... not so much as when Livewire was in the mix cuz that lightning broad took over the show but.. hmm. "I.. I dunno Red. I haven't really thought past staying with you... I guess I could be a take charge kind of girl... but what would be my motivation? It's not like I need to steal money to fund research.. or chemicals for experiments." Crossing her arms as she continued "I mean back when you were wearing the greens you fought for protecting flowers... professor Crane had his research and doc Fries had his wife to save. Me? I'm just a former side-kick with a broken heart..." she started to trail off as her mind started to brain storm an idea for her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff