Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser Image
                                            It really couldn’t have gotten any worse.

Being, well, Chieko, the Dragon had put off kimono hunting for the festival until the very last minute. While the other girls compared outfits and asked for opinions, Chieko had been out and about doing other things—for example, making sure all of the family members (including the sicklier ones) actually made it alive to the festival. The past two days were dedicated to restocking her office with inhalers for Chiasa, all sorts of things for Kisei, and pills for Eri, among other things. (Refilling Eri’s pills was rather begrudgingly done, considering Chieko still remembered the rude and totally unnecessary comment the Snake made about she and Aka not being careful two days before.) Oh, and Hello Kitty bandaids of course. She also followed Ai around a lot, as the Rabbit needed to be monitored in case she passed out again or did anything to invoke that kind of bodily response.

Not having planned anything in advance, Chieko figured she could go to Chouko for that kind of thing, as the Horse enjoyed dressing up and certainly had more than enough kimonos to share, perhaps enough to dress everyone on the estate. As expected Chouko was understanding and kind and even eager to help fancy the Dragon up. After they had worked together on Chouko’s grand headpiece for the night (Chieko insisted they work on that first, since it was really the most time-consuming), Chieko went out to go purchase some pins and sashes to adjust Chouko’s kimono to her size. After all, the servants were busy at the park preparing decorations and food so it would have taken ages for any of them to get back. Chieko was on her way back, daydreaming about how a certain person would look in a tuxedo when a particularly sweaty male runner ran straight into her just as she was about to turn into the estate. Both of them fell, and pins and ribbons went flying. It appeared he was in a rush and didn’t look back—however, the Dragon was infinitely thankful for his rudeness at that moment. If he had had the decency to turn around and help her up, he would have seen a huge cloud of smoke, and within that smoke a brightly colored dragon about a meter long.

Why now? Chieko wanted to wail, but if she did she was certain fire would have poured out of her jawed mouth like a flamethrower. It had been so long since she had transformed; in fact, she often boasted about her long-standing record to the others. And the timing! She was only glad that she hadn’t done her hair, or all of the effort would have been for naught. With a huff, the dragon tucked a few pins between her sharp teeth and wrapped a sash around her neck, then flapped her wings to bring herself off the ground and propel to the front door. That was really the best part about transforming, and she managed to revel in it briefly, unable to help herself from doing a few fancy loops and turns before arriving on the porch. Chieko began to scratch at the door with her claws, then realized the paint was coming off. With a grumble, she sucked in her breath.

“Oi! Someone let me in!” the dragon roared, an awfully loud sound from such a comparatively small reptile.

OOC;; to kick things off! sorry it was a bit rushed/short LOL. e we;;

Divine Genius

User Image

User Image
                                  • Two days had passed since she went to go see Ai at her home. Tamiko could still not forget how crazy that house was with all of Ai's family members in it, but none the less they all seemed fairly nice to be around. Sure some of them like Kouyou and Ira seemed a little rough around the edges, but then there were others like Casimir and Cheiko who seemed rather friendly. It was a wonder that she managed to remember the names of everyone she met that day; names she can remember but a simple dessert recipe she completely forgot - go figure. The poor girl never did get the recipe, for she was completely tired by the time she got home. It didn't help that on her way home a car drove by and hit a puddle, which splashed all over her and soaked her head completely. Could anyone blame her for just wanting to lay in bed after the morning she had? Her father came home later that day, apologizing to her over and over for not calling because his cell phone died and he had no time at work. Tamiko honestly wasn't fazed by it anymore, it wasn't like she was going to get on his case like a nagging wife. She was his daughter and sure she cared about him, but there was a line she couldn't bear to cross especially when her father was always so busy. He didn't need to hear her complaints about him never being home when he was working so hard to make sure they had a roof over their heads. There was something even more important on Tamiko's mind than bothering her father - the young man Akatsuki. Tamiko remembered him running out after her as she was leaving the family's house. He seemed friendly, but she was amazed over the fact he was the head of the entire family. From the way he looked, he had to be maybe a year or two older than her and he was the head of the house? She wondered how he was able to shoulder that much responsibility on his own, but then again maybe he has help from other family members. None the less, he had gone and invited her to a festival the family was holding. At first she didn't want to accept the invitation for the sake of it sounding more like a private family event and someone like her shouldn't intrude, but how was she to say no? He was the head of the family, to refuse an invitation from his would be rude on her part and feel like a slap to the face. The poor brunette fussed over what to do for hours until she eventually passed out.

Now it was the day of the festival and Tamiko stood there in front of her closet. She had absolutely no idea what to wear; no doubt this was going to be a formal event. Sadly the girl had absolutely no formal clothes to wear, mainly because she never went to events like this. When she was younger she used to have cute kimonos her mother made for her, but ever since her mother passed away she never went to any festivals or parties. Why would she? Her father was always busy with work so she was bound to go alone, which never seemed as fun as when you go with a group of people. Besides, dresses were so expensive now a days that even with her job she couldn't really afford such nice clothes, and she surely wasn't going to ask her father for the money. "I shouldn't go, but I don't want Ai to be mad at me." she muttered to herself, slowly going through her clothes in her closet. Sure she had some nice clothes, but they were more casual nice than formal nice and if she went to this festival in casual clothes she would stick out like a sore thumb. "What do I do? Do I go? Do I not go? Ai's my friend and I should go..." she said before shaking her head. "But on the other hand I don't want to embarrass her by coming in such plain clothes." The brunette placed both her hands on her head as she fussed over what to do, eventually finding herself pacing back and forth in her room. "Everyone in that house was so beautiful, I'll look like an ugly duckling in a lake of swans." she muttered, hanging her head before slumping down to her hands and knees, as if she was completely disappointed or defeated. Lifting her head, she looked back at her closet and stumbled to her feet; she was so internally torn.

"I know that look, you're just like your mother." a voice spoke up.

Turning around Tamiko looked to see her father standing there in the doorway, leaning up against the frame with a smile on his face.

"Having trouble deciding something? Well, whatever it is, go with your heart...not your brain. You're a smart girl Tamiko, you'll make the right decision." he said and with that he turned and left the room, closing the door behind him.

Tamiko stood there before she took a deep breath and pulled out an outfit that was pretty simple, but at least she was going to this festival and not being rude to Ai and her family after they were all so nice to her. After she got dressed she checked herself in the mirror, fixing up her hair the best she could. A small cough escaped her though as she stood there examining herself, her brown eyes glancing at the clock to see that if she didn't hurry she would be late. Quickly she grabbed her bag and keys before leaving the room. "Dad I'm leaving, I'll be home later. Call me if you need anything." she said from the bottom of the stairs as she fumbled to get her shoes on. The brunette wasted no more time as she left the house quickly, walking as fast as she could down the streets in the direction of the house.

Thankfully since she knew where the house was it didn't take her as long to get there compared to the other day, walking up the front steps to the large estate and knocking on the door. This time a different woman answered the door. "Hello! I-I'm here for the festival."

"Sorry, it's a private family event only." the woman said, moving to shut the door.

"W-Wait! I-I was invited by Akatsuki-kun. I'm Tamiko Amasawa." she said in a rather nervous tone.

The woman raised an eyebrow before her eyes widened. "Oh so you're the girl. Right, my apologizes. Akatsuki-sama mentioned your name before. Please, come in." she said, stepping aside as she opened the door for Tamiko to enter.

As she stepped into the house she bowed her head to the woman and removed her shoes, not wanting to get the floor dirty when it looked like they literally just got cleaned. They must have made sure the house was in tip-top shape to prepare for this event. Her brown eyes though caught a glance at the maid who seemed to have been examining her, or rather her clothes. Tamiko's cheeks flushed a shade of red in embarrassment, already getting the feeling that she was going to stick out of the crowd. When she turned to ask the woman where she could find Ai, the woman was already gone. Looking around she saw no sign of anyone; was it right to go wandering through someone's house? Then again was she just going to stand there like a fool? Slowly she started walking through the halls, keeping her eyes open for signs of anyone who could possibly lead her through this maze-like house. "Maybe it was a mistake even coming here."
                                    #691F01
User Image

▉▉▉▉ ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉
                                  * s - set mexxFREE
                                  leave me bexxxleave me bexxxleave me bexxxleave me bexxxleave me bexxx
                                  xxxxxxxxxx i don't.WANNA f - fall
                                  xxANOTHER M ✿ M E N T INTO!YOUR
                                  g - gravityxxxxg - gravityxxxxg - gravityxxxxg - gravityxxxxg - gravity

In the kitchen, which was full of staff preparing for the festival, the Rabbit stood frosting a cake. She hummed to herself, completely oblivious to her surroundings and that the festival was starting soon. This cake had taken all day to make, between Yasu trying to eat some of the batter and Cheiko coming into the kitchen to check her temperature and Kisei hovering over her waiting for the cake to be done. Ai felt like she had just won a marathon as she frosted the last of the cake and she breathed a small sigh of relief. She picked up her piping bag and added small frosting flowers to the rich chocolate, her humming turning into a song as she finished up the last flower. The Rabbit took a second to admire her work, and was startled by a cook who had been trying to get her attention for the last few minutes. "Excuse me Miyamoto-san, but the festival is starting soon." His voice was kind but firm, with a clear underlying statement that she should clear out from the kitchen. With a nod and her usual smile, Ai picked up her plate of chocolate heaven and quickly went to find Yasu. She knew that he always enjoyed her creations, and he hadn't eaten much earlier that day so she figured he'd be hungry. The Rabbit continued humming as she walked down the halls of the house.

Tonight will be fun. Ai smiled to herself as she padded down the hallway carefully, so she didn't drop the cake. Today was special because of the festival, but it was also when the family would find the date of the big wedding. She bit the inside of her cheek a little bit, now lost in thought about Aka and Chou. Ai wondered if they had grown to love each other, or if it would be a loveless marriage set up by the family. She cared for both of them deeply, and only wanted them to be happy. A small sigh escaped her lips, and she felt a little guilty; it wasn't her place to analyze their relationship. She should just be happy that two wonderful people will be together, and that was that. The Rabbit's thoughts had pushed her past Yasu's room, and she came to a halt before whirling around and turning a corner quickly. In a flash, Ai came face to face with Tamiko, and then the cake came face to face with Tamiko. The plate clattered to the floor (thank goodness it was plastic) and Ai stood for a moment in shock.

She stared at the chocolate covered Tamiko, not able to form words. Selfish as it was, all Ai could think about was that her friend was wearing the cake that she was going to share with her brother. Then the horror at the fact she had covered Tamiko in chocolate cake set in. "Tami-chan..." There was another moment of total shock, and then a fit of laughter. Even though it was entirely Ai's fault, she couldn't help but think this whole scene was funny. Tamiko's face and shirt were entirely covered in thick chocolate frosting. Between giggles she managed to apologize to her friend. "You just look so silly! I really am sorry Tami-chan!" She felt worse the more she laughed, and the worse she felt the harder she laughed. A maid put her hand on Ai's shoulder, and she calmed her fit of giggled. "Ai-san, why don't you take your guest to your room to get cleaned up?" As all the staff were, the maid's voice was gentle but firm; they were wanted out of the way so the mess could be cleaned up. The Rabbit nodded and took Tamiko by her chocolate covered hand, and led her to her room. "You can use the bathroom in my room to clean up. I have some cute clothes you can look through for the festival!"

Now she was excited to dress Tamiko up. They entered Ai's room, which was of course full of pink and frills and stuffed animals. She handed Tamiko a towel and pointed her to the bathroom that was connected to her room. Humming once again, she looked through her closet to see if there was anything she thought Tamiko might want to wear.

ooc: sorry crappy post is crappy ; n;

┅ ┅ ┅ ( HERE ) iam &x&' I.S-STAND
                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxs - so tall! s - so tall! s - so tall! s - so tall! s - so tall!
                                    xxxxxjust!the W - WAY ⇡'MSUPPOSED to bex!
                                    but you're on to mexxxbut you're on to mexxxbut you're on to mexxxbut you're on to mexxx
                                    but you're on to mexxxbut you're on to mexxxbut you're on to mexxxbut you're on to mexxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx A - AND allover me

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,800 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Full closet 200
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxW H O ; By herself W H A T ; "I really wish I didn't have to go.." W H E R E ; Hallway O U T F I T ; Kimono

Laying sprawled on the floor as if she was a dead body from a crime scene Eri felt her stomach twist and turn into knots. Eri had a habit of laying on the cold wood floor when she had gotten one of her dizzy spells from her anxiety. The snake girl had told herself over and over again that she would be alright since she would be surrounded by people she knew, but she was still uncomfortable with crowded settings. It wasn't like she could skip the whole thing anyway since the presence of the zodiac was practically necessary. The more she thought about it, the more anxious she got.

"Just breathe in....and out..." Eri inhaled and exhaled, the helpful mantra was something Yasu had taught her to help her control her breathing during an attack. The girl tried to get her heart to a steady rate as it was almost time for her to get ready for the dreaded festival.

Like clockwork, Eri's mother came in with her old kimono and obi in hand to help Eri put on the difficult robe. The young girl lazily stood up slipping off her dress so she was only in undergarments and obediently raised her arms up so her mother could slip the robe on.

"Did you take your medication yet?" her mother inquired, the snake girl just grumbled a 'not yet' in response. Cheiko had just refilled her medication, though it seemed she hardly wanted to, probably due to Eri's rude remark days prior. Eri hated taking her pills, it always gave her strange side-effects like nausea or drowsiness thats why she had only taken it when she was leaving the estate or in dire stress. She still couldn't help feel a little bit uneasy though. Eri could usually count on Yasu to stay by her side during these kind of occasions but she knew he would probably be busy dealing with the elders. The girl knew there was a limit to how much she could rely on him and she most certainly didn't want to keep him from his duties.

Feeling a tug on her waist from her mother tightening her obi the girl knew she was all done getting dressed, but her mom had quickly pulled her back in place before she could see how she looked. Eri's mother brushed her long unusually colored locks and tied her hair with two bright red ribbons adorned with cherry blossom ornaments to match the floral design of her kimono. Seeing as it was safe to walk away without being tucked back, Eri walked to her bathroom where she stared in awe at the sight of her in the traditional garment.

"I know it's not nearly as pretty as Chouko-san's but-" Before the woman had finished her sentence Eri embraced her mother, silencing her. Even when she had carefully made sure Eri had looked so beautiful she still managed to beat herself up. "I love it." Eri said giving a warm smile to her mother as she smiled back to her. Ready to leave her room she had been pulled back once again by her mother.

"Listen Erika, its Akatsuki-san's wedding celebration so I don't need you being rude to him like you usually are. Try to be nice for once" Eri nearly busted out laughing right then and there, but she knew better than that. The sly girl just gave an obedient 'yes mother dearest' and a charming smile before leaving her room. Eri wandered the halls trying to see what trouble she could get into in the meantime before she had to gather with everyone else into the garden.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxO O C ;

Garbage Waffles

CHOUKOCHOUKOCH███████ ████████ ██ ██ ███████ ████ ███ █████
                          choukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochouko

█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ ↘↘ BRAVE STALLION r i d e . . . //
                          choukochoukochoukochoukochoukochouk i am not the p w n i am the q e e n i am not the p w n i am the q e e n
                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ don't forget me, im here
                          choukochUser Image User Image User Image
                          chouko
                          choI • • can't ; * ˟ ▇▇ EVEN s e e . . & & . . . her . : : ╲╲ ANYmore ₀₀
                          chchSHE WEREN'T EVEN HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE chchochoSHE WEREN'T EVEN HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE chchochSHE WEREN'T EVEN HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE ch
                          choukoch❖❖❖ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                          choukochoukochouko " ;;That I was doing ► . . ஐ ; ; Standing outside my room, eating candies
                          choukochoukochouko " ;;That person with me ► . . ஐ ; ; No one
                          choukochoukochouko " ;;That which I'm wearing ► . . ஐ ; ; Kimono with headdress
                          choukochoukochouko " ;;That what I'm feeling ► . . ஐ ; ; Slight pain, boredom
                          choukochoukochoukochoukoIRON ON THE INSIDE, PORCELAIN ON THE OUTSIDE she said ¤ ¤ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                          choukochoukochoukochouko▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
                          choukochouko
                          chou ♥ ▒▒▒ ' I dreampt I was a butterfly and I flew away .
                          chou ♥ ▒▒▒ ' I dreampt I was a horse and i ran away .

choukoch██ but ██ they ██ were ██ just ██ dreams ██
                          ██ ↗ ↗ CHOUKOMIYAMOTOchoukocho
                          choukochoukochoukochoukochouko please find mechouko

choukochoukochouko
                                              “You must be so lucky to be having the festival in your honor Chouko-Sama”

That definitely took her out of surprise. As busy as they were, this attendant stopped by, holding a vase full of decorative flowers, wanting to congratulate Chouko. She was in her room, waiting for Cheiko to come back with her supplies. Chouko insisted that she ask someone else to get it, that it really wasn't Cheiko's duties to get her stuff that she forgot to get but the dragon was persistent and left. It wasn't a shock to her that Cheiko was unable to buy a kimono for herself and asked Chouko, after all Cheiko was the doctor and she knew that many of her cousins needed constant supervision. She was so happy to be of help to Cheiko in any way she can but a turn of events made it that she was the one needing help in the end. Her enormous headpiece and decorations was a monster no matter how anyone looked at it and no one had any time to spare until Cheiko offered her assistance. So they worked on in together, mostly with Cheiko's efforts, they had pulled it off. Now here she was, alone and bored, regretting that she didn't accompany Cheiko. It wasn't until the voice of a female attendant took her focus away from mindlessly watching the clock. “Hmm...Oh yes! But it's not really in my honor. This day is for the cherry blossoms and I'm mostly just borrowing the spotlight,” she answered in a dignified manner. The girl stunned by Chouko's answer, replied back, eyes glimmering of admiration “Of course! But really, you know that the elders all will be there too! You are so blessed to be marrying the head of the house,” The girl was young and adorable, Chouko could only smile at what she said. She waved goodbye at the young female who left after bowing. Everyone was so busy but some of the attendants and maids came to pay their regards to her, she was friendly and welcoming to many of them.

Watching the clock tick by, she didn't realize the growing pile of empty candy wrappers on her floor. She wanted to keep busy by snacking on some hard candy but without taking count, the candy wrappers started to pile. She remembered the girl's sentence at the same time unwrapping an another candy, 'The elders all will be there...so blessed to be marrying the head of the house'. There wasn't a malicious intent to the girl when she said those things, Chouko knew this but it just reaffirmed her terrible life decisions. A sharp pang of pain struck her in her stomach, she clutched at it, holding in her breath while waiting out the pain. Her other arm grabbed the edge of the vanity for support. She didn't want to admit it but the pain had begun to become more severe and frequent, with today being the most excruciating. Cheiko was already so busy with just the others, Chouko refused to add on to any of her workload. Chouko was one of the zodiac who were exceptionally healthy, she had rarely meet the doctor on official visits. She opened a slot in her nearby vanity and roamed her open hand around for her usual pill bottle. They were a slight relief that she took, of course, she asked one of her attendants to get it for her on the guise it was for womanly pain nothing more. Whether or not they believed her, the maids certainly played along. Grabbing what she needed, she propped the opened the cap and dry swallowed a couple of pills. It wasn't neither a fast acting nor long term solution but it did keep her at bay with the pain, making it tolerable more than anything else.

She looked in the mirror and saw herself. Her obnoxious looking headpiece was adorned with tassels, frills and silver charms. From her kimono to her beautiful jacket, she was colored in blue. She favored the jacket more than anything else, the embroidery was magnificent and not a seam was seen. When she stood up, it slightly trailed behind her like a wedding dress's train, it was an elegant touch. Even though she was mostly finished, it was that there was one more thing missing, a white sash that was to go in the middle of her main sash. Cheiko had noticed it and refused to let Chouko ignore it, she took off to get it for Chouko along with a few more pins, a selfless and kind act on Cheiko's part. The pain was leveling out so she stood up slowly, wanting to get some fresh air. She quickly hid the bottle of pills within its place, tucked away and hidden from those with open hands. It wasn't that she didn't trust Akatsuki, of course he stayed off of her things as she did with his but they had people everywhere and Chouko left nothing to chance. Scooping up the rest of the hard candies and placing themselves inside her kimono sleeve, she walked out of her room.

She had no plans to walk around or anything like that, after all Cheiko was coming back at anytime. It was clear though now standing outside how much progress have been done just from the morning. Chouko had been couped up inside her room all day getting ready that she had not seen the intensity of the workers trying to finish up for the events tonight. Though the main festival was centered in the park that was on the estate, the decorations had reached all the to the main house. Paper lanterns were strung from the pillars and strings of ribbons were everywhere. It was a sight to behold just from where Chouko was standing, she wondered how it would look at the main garden where most of focus was on.

The pain was at a tolerable amount, it never went away all the way nowadays. She was able to mask it better as the days passed, it was mostly whenever she thought about unpleasant things was when the pain acted up. Perhaps when the festival was all over and it calmed down, she might be able to go to Cheiko secretly, delaying it any further would be a problem. 'Tomorrow, I'll tell Cheiko. It seems the pills aren't helping as much anymore' Chouko looked down at her hand to see it jittering around, it wasn't by her choice but rather an effect of the pain. Swiftly, she hid her hand within her overjacket, it would not look out of place and again only confirmed her love for her new kimono jacket.

A marriage made by heavens, they called it. The God and a member of his zodiac to be wed would be one of perfect unity. She was born to love him, now she would dutifully serve him. They tried everything to push the two together, even going as far to have the two live in the same room. What were the hoping for, a pregnant girl only doomed for a quick shotgun wedding? It was all useless however, Akatsuki never touched her. Sure, they slept right next to each other and it was mostly her who tossed, turned and usually ended up holding onto Akatsuki in the morning but he never did anything outside her comfort zone. She never asked about it, and at times she wondered if he was gay, wouldn't that have been ironic at the end of it all. They were doomed from the start then. There wouldn't have been a happy ending for the two of them, their hearts belonged to those that the other couldn't be. It was all speculation on her part though, as close as they were, one couldn't just blatantly ask their fiancee and God if they were Gay.

Trying to distract herself from the pain and marriage thoughts, she unwrapped an another candy and popped it into her mouth, the wrapper in her other hand. Most that were in a hurry quickly bowed as they passed her, all had their roles to play, Chouko not excluded. She was to be married soon, the official date was to be announced today. 'They must have been tired of waiting for something to happen and took it into their hands' Chouko was sure of it. She wondered when she heard of it, if Yasu was involved in the decision making. It didn't matter either way, she needed to put on a happy face. She put on a smiling face and looked up at the sky, waiting outside for Cheiko to come back.

User Image

kuropeco's Husband

Liberal Prophet

11,475 Points
      • Magical Girl 50
      • Hotblooded Hero 50
      • Hero 100
      User ImageUser Image

If a day could die, I wish it would be today. Kouyou glared at the words staring back at him from the paper of his journal, seething in his own pool of emotion in the solitude of his room. His hand shook as it gripped his pen; his pencil had already snapped. I have that feeling -- you know the one -- like I want to scream and ******** split these walls apart with my bare hands. I wonder if she even realizes how much I still…

No. No, none of those words were right. Kouyou snarled and grabbed the top of the page, ripping it straight from the book. Then another. And another. Until he finally just took the entire damn book and threw it across the room, where it struck the wall with a solid thud. He wished it had done more damage; for such a peaceful, beautiful day, he was feeling nothing but destructive.

Even if he tried to explain it, the tiger didn’t think anyone would understand. He wasn’t exactly jealous… but he sort of was. He wasn’t exactly angry at Chouko, but again, he was. He was somewhere between grief, resentment, and understanding with a million other smaller level emotions coming into play, and it was enough to make him nauseous. If he’d had any kind of choice, he would have stayed in his room rather than show up for this stupid announcement; he didn’t support it. He didn’t want any ******** part in it. So why did he have to be there? He wasn’t even necessary, as Chouko herself had taken years proving to him --

Another wave of rage came over him, and without even thinking, he snarled and slapped his lamp off the table. The glass from the bulb shattered. But it hadn’t done anything to make him feel any better. Today was just one more shackle to keep the girl that used to be his best friend bound to this place, to their would-be God, to this goddamn life he hated more than anything. He remembered when they were younger, in what felt like a different lifetime, when his mother used to show them all the books and pictures of those far away places. Back then, he’d promised to take Chouko with him if he ever left; they had dreamed of so many things when they were kids, running side by side as a cub and a filly.

He stood up, minding the glass as he slipped his sandals on. His dark blue yukata was already in place, and once he tucked Tamiko’s handkerchief into his sleeve, he was ready for the big day. He couldn’t take his room anymore; where sometimes it felt liberating, today it felt claustrophobic. No place was safe. One of workers ventured too close to him as he walked, their arms full of those damned festival decorations; the tiger knocked them aside with a snarl, feeling no remorse or pleasure when they struck the hall and dropped their precious cargo. “Get the ******** out of my way!” He even saw Eri on his way to who-knew-where; he bumped shoulders with her and shot her a glare, because he definitely hadn’t forgotten her remark about Chieko, and he just wasn’t in any ******** mood. “Go crawl back to whatever hole you crawled out of.” He hated her. He hated everyone today. He --

He wondered if there was any way he could ruin this without ruining Chouko too. If there was a way he could protect her from this, anything he could do, any punishment would have been worth it. If maybe he just hadn’t tried hard enough to reach her, all those years ago. His paced slowed, and his gaze grew distant as his many regrets began to win out over anger. He tucked his hands into his sleeves, his gaze trained to the floor as he all but dragged his feet along. Maybe if he had tried a little harder, run a little faster -- maybe if he’d told her about his plans to run away for school, maybe she would have -- they could have worked together, and --

Kouyou didn’t love her, at least not as a lover. He wasn’t even sure he could call what he felt now ‘love’ in a present tense. But he’d loved her. She had been family in a different way than Chieko had. She had been his best friend for as long as he could remember. She was from a better time, a much happier time. Even when he had gotten angry back then, it hadn’t been as bad, and she had known how to deal with him.

What he wouldn’t give just to see her be herself again. All his selfishness aside, he would have given anything to see her live as the woman she was meant to be. Horses weren’t meant to be caged, he thought bitterly to himself.

Then, he realized he’d been so busy staring at the ground that he’d nearly run into someone. An ocean of blue flowing cloth. He looked up slowly, finding himself face-to-face with Chouko herself. He stared for longer than he should have, captivated and horrified with what he saw. She was beautiful, with that kimono and that headdress and all that make-up and it was just so damn wrong. The wrongness of it all overwhelmed him, the sickness in the pit of his stomach surging upwards and he was aware a moment too late of the burning pressure in his eyes. The moisture had already gathered in his lower lashes by the time he jerked away from her. He bit the inside of his cheek hard enough to draw blood; he’d cried enough over her. Crying was pointless, especially now. He wasn’t a little boy anymore. She was just -- it was just so far from the person he’d known, and seeing her just felt so final. They had passed the point of no return years ago, but this… this was signifying a different level of hell that she was going to be passing into. The only thing beyond this was the wedding itself.

And it was all Aka's fault.

“Nice hat, “ he grunted gruffly, sniffing and snorting like it was allergies rather than misery. “Looks ready to fly away and take you with it.”

Ruthless Saint

8,675 Points
      • Forum Sophomore 300
      • Battle: Cleric 100
      • Invisibility 100
      User Image

tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab
      tab tab tab tab tab █████████████████ :: Kisei ! !
      tab tab tab tab tab xxxxx✖✖ A Troubled Kind Of Mind
                                WHEN ALL OF YOUR FLAWS AND ALL OF MY FLAWSxxxxxARE LAID OUT ONE BY ONExxxxxALL OF YOUR FLAWS AND ALL OF MY FLAWSxxxxxTHEY LIE THERE HAND IN HANDxxxxxYOU HAVE ALWAYS WORN YOUR FLAWS UPON YOUR SLEEVExxxxxAND I HAVE ALWAYS BURIED THEM DEEP BENEATH THE GROUND
      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab xx xx xx I'm not crazy, am I?

User Image

xxx:: Sandal clad feet trudged along the length of a carpet covered hallway. Said feet weree moving at a completely inane pace, as Kisei really had no idea what he was doing as he made his way down yet another random hallway of the seemingly too large house. He had been doing so for the past two hours or so, having been left to his own devices the minute he had arrived on the estate. The staff were all too busy to deal with him, what with having to get ready for the party and everything else that was going on, and his cousins were all off getting dressed as well. Sometimes he swore they were all divas, taking hours on end just to get ready. He himself had only taken half an hour to get dressed, but that was only because he'd had trouble finding his obi and the water back at the house had been acting up when he took his shower. That was even before his walk back over to the main estate. Shaking his head, the brunette turned around the corner to spot two of his aforementioned cousins. Blinking twice Kisei decided to let Kouyou and Chouko be. He didn't really understand it, but there seemed to be some sort of tension in the air and he just did not want to deal with that at the moment. There would be plenty of time for that at the festival he supposed. His shoulders shrugged almost on their own accord and he quietly slithered back the way he came and took another turn. This hallway was just as bare as the almost one he had been walking down.

xxx:: "Eh, just my luck to find the only two people walking around and they're already predisposed." he said, reaching up to rub the back of his head with a small frown. He felt a little off being the only one walking around at the moment, even the staff seemed to be disappearing more and more. 'Well it is getting close to that time.' he thought to himself, a small smile eradicating the frown he had been wearing and slowly creeping into a larger one. Everyone was just getting ready, and he wasn't being left behind. "Hehe, yeah everyone's just getting all dolled up and heading out...that's all." Now he was just trying to make himself feel better and he let it work. After all, being sad would just bring everyone else down now wouldn't it. Humming a small song to himself the young teen felt himself pick up the pace a bit, a happier hop in his step as he moved along. Maybe things would look up from there and the day wouldn't be a total loss? Of course, the minute he thought that life had to go and prove him wrong now didn't it? He had been doing so good too, but all of his little happy feelings were blown right out of the water as he missed a step and fell to the ground. Said ground seemed to be changing colors too. Red, green, black....now it was yellow.

xxx:: "Ooooooooh Kiiiiiiiseiiiiiiiii!" No. No. No. No. No. He did not hear that really freaky voice coming from behind him. He had been doing so good, whyw as this happening to him now of all times? Why? "Kiiiiiiseiiiiiii!" He was not going to look. No. He wasn't.......he looked and oh god did he wish he hadn't/ There behind him was the biggest, ugliest looking.....thing. it looked like a mix between a praying mantis and some sort of deformed Pokemon, possibly a snorlax. It was oozing some sort of inky substance and there was spittle coming from what could only be called a mouth with pincers on it. "Come play with me Kiiiiiseiiiiiii!" it called out to him, waddling forward on short and stubly legs. Ink splashed all around it and one particularly fat drop splashed out far enough to dribble some on Kisei's face. "No, no, no, no, no!" and Kisei was scrambling, scratching, and clawing his way up to his feet. Pure panic over took him as he took off, racing down the empty hallway and bumping from one wall to the next. He couldn't keep his balance. He was so uncoordinated. He had to get out of there! The sickening laugh of the thing behind him seemed to reverberate from every direction and the sound of it stomping after him was the only thing that kept him from looking back. Just run, just run away and don't ever look back! God he had to get away. The pounding of his feet hitting the floor as he ran could be heard three halls over, but he didn't care. He was too caught up in the twisted forms of his own mind.

xxx:: "Get away, get away, get away!" Kisei cried out, tears racing down his cheeks as he found himself at the middle of an intersection of four different hallways. Which way should he go? Anyway to get rid of that thing. But each time he took a step towards a hallway it seemed to disappear. He tried several times, but each time his exit was blocked and soon he found himself giving up. Dropping to his knees the poor boy brought his hands to his face and held it, letting his tears mash their way into his palms. His breathing was hoarse and coming out fast and he felt like he was going to faint. The sound of the monster seemed to be everywhere and far away at the same time. It didn't even register that all of this was just some sort of horrible event set up by his screwed up mind. All he could think of was how alone he was and that the thing was going to get him. Suddenly a loud squelching sound from behind him told him that the thing had caught up and he would have let it if a single thought didn't enter his mind. 'What about my brother?' and with that he stood up and swung his sword at the nasty thing. How he had gotten his sword when he had left it at home was beyond him, it was just another thing that added to this crazy delusion. Of course the thing jumped back and Kisei was after it, yelling obscenities at it as he tried to make it go away for good. "Get out of here, get out of here!" he kept shouted, ignoring the tears that were still falling down his face. He didn't care if he got hurt, so long as that thing left him alone. Back on the outside, in reality, a few staff members had stumbled upon the scene of Kisei swinging wildly at nothing while shouting and had run off to find someone to help. Neither of them wanted to be around if things got anymore out of hand than they already were.
      User Image

▉▉▉▉ ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉
                                      * s - set mexxFREE
                                      leave me bexxxleave me bexxxleave me bexxxleave me bexxxleave me bexxx
                                      xxxxxxxxxx i don't.WANNA f - fall
                                      xxANOTHER M ✿ M E N T INTO!YOUR
                                      g - gravityxxxxg - gravityxxxxg - gravityxxxxg - gravityxxxxg - gravity

Not even five minutes had gone by, and Ai's room was littered with potential outfits for Tamiko. Of course Ai being Ai, she couldn't just rifle through her closet. She needed to pull the clothes out, and lay them on the floor or her bed for inspection...and leave them there when she decided that it wasn't perfect enough to be worn. Yasu had scolded her so many times for doing this, but the Rabbit never learned her lesson. Whenever she went back to her room to clean the mess, it had already been picked up by one of the maids. Ai laid out a frilly pink dress that she thought might be the one when there was a loud knock at the door. Startled by the urgency in the knock, she slowly moved toward the door and turned the knob, only opening it a crack. A frantic maid came rushing into her room, her words slurred together so that Ai could only make out a name. Kisei. Having gone through this so many times, the Rabbit had a faint idea of what was going on. "Kisei? Where? She was very calm in comparison to the maid, but her heart was racing. Ai knew the damage Kisei could do during one of his episodes, even if it wasn't intentional. The maid pointed down the hall and to the left. Ai started to leave, and popped her head back in quickly. "I have a guest using my bathroom. Will you wait here until I return, so that she knows where I went?" With that last word, she moved swiftly down the hallway.

She appeared calm as she moved down the hallway, but as she drew nearer her body tensed. There was no way of telling what was happening with Kisei, and the maid had given her no information. Ai's mind flashed through all the episodes he had had over the years, and all the times she had comforted him afterward. She bit her lip when she remembered the time he pushed her against a wall during a bad episode. Slowly, she took a big breath in and out. Kisei was always there for her, ever since they were children. She would always be there for him, not matter what. As the Rabbit walked down the hallway, she could hear a voice shouting. Kisei was crying and shouting and swinging his arms around all at once. Bricks filled her stomach, and her heart squeezed tight. What could her dear cousin be imagining? It must be horrible for him to act this way. Slowly, and as calmly as she could, she approached him.

"Kisei-kun..." Her voice was shaking. Deep inside, she was afraid; afraid for herself and afraid for him. Ai tried to grab one of his arms gently, but he got out of her grasp and hit her shoulder hard. She winced, but was persistent. "Kisei-kun, it's Ai." Her voice cracked, and her heart sunk further. "You're safe now. You're safe." Ai's voice trailed off, and tears formed in the corners of her brown eyes. She sniffed, and choked them down. There was no way she would cry right now, she was supposed to be the strong and stable one, for Kisei. In one last attempt to calm him down, she lunged at him, and grabbed him in a tight hug. How could she convey that it was going to be okay? She squeezed him tightly, trying to get through to him. All Ai could think about was getting him to come back to reality, and away from whatever horrible visions he was having. She took his face in her hands and wiped his tears away with her fingers.

"You're safe. I'm right here with you."

ooc: sorry so short ;; o no

┅ ┅ ┅ ( HERE ) iam &x&' I.S-STAND
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxs - so tall! s - so tall! s - so tall! s - so tall! s - so tall!
                                        xxxxxjust!the W - WAY ⇡'MSUPPOSED to bex!

xxxxxxxxxxxx A - AND allover me

Aged Sex Symbol

▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉
                                                    xxxWHO'STOKNOW!xxxWHO'STOKNOW!xxxWHO'STOKNOW!
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxx if your ( soul ) will!FADE at all
                                                    THE.one y-you s l d ⊱ toxxxFOOLthexxxxw - world
                                                    so follow me downxxxso follow me downxxxso follow me downxxxso follow me downxxxso follow me down
                                                    so follow me downxxxso follow me downxxxso follow me downxxxso follow me downxxxso follow me down

xxxxxx&' F A K Eit if you're out of.D⇡RECTION
        User Image

The day of the festival.

It wasn't a party she was looking forward to. The engagement of the Horse and God was something she gladly didn't want to be apart of. But, as a member of the Zodiac, it was impossible to be excluded from these events. No matter how hard you tried. Though, Chiasa's heart tightened every time she thought of Chouko, someone who she used to consider very close to her, being pulled even farther away. She couldn't show her feelings, but she knew getting through this engagement party would be the only thing on her mind all day.

The pink kimono was laid out on her bed, with the hair accessories and socks. She was going to need help to get all of this on, and her lack of family and friends put her in the position of asking a girl servant walking by. "Excuse me, could you help me put on my kimono? ". The young maid nodded and followed Chiasa into her bedroom, where they quietly stood for 30 minutes while Chiasa was put into her kimono. Today was a day of loneliness. Everyone else was probably all getting ready together, helping each other out. Even if she didn't like most of them, the silence around her became overwhelming, so she started to talk to the maid.

"Will you be attending the festival today?" Her question was polite and poised, a small talk attempt for the maid. With heaps of Chiasa's kimono in her hands, the maid replied meekly.

"No ma'am, I will be cleaning the rooms today while our precious family is together at the event"

Chiasa nodded, feeling like an idiot. She knew that a maid wouldn't be invited to the event. The upperhand had been taken away from her, and, feeling foolish, she dug her nails into her palms while her body stood perfectly still for the kimono tying. When the maid was done, she took her bow and walked out the room. Why is it impossible to put on a kimono by yourself? Chiasa walked in front of her full length mirror and stared at herself in her kimono. It was her mom's old kimono, something she accidentally left behind when she disappeared quickly. The rat and her parents were something she did not like to think about. It had been 5 years since she heard/saw her mom, and over 15 years for her father. There was a hatred inside of her that burned deep for her parents. Thankfully, no one would show up to the festival today: her dad, someone she hadn't heard from/knows what he looks like/cares, and her mom, who divorced her father and left the moment Chiasa turned 18. No. She didn't have to worry.

She grabbed her hair accessories and pulled her hair into a cute, yet simple side braid with the hair ornament peeking out the top. Satisfied, she put on her sandals and left her room, and began to wander around looking for Kouji. Noises began coming from a hallway close by, and she immediately decided to find out what was going on. It was Ai, holding Kisei on the ground tightly. Although Ai was someone she didn't care for, Kisei was kind of like her sick partner. Those two spent more time in Cheiko's office than on the actual estate. Without thinking, she briskly walked towards them and leaned down, touching Ai on the back. "Should I get Cheiko?" Her eyes wandered at Kisei's face. He was crying. Chiasa stood up quickly and began to walk away, looking for the dragon doctor.

xxxxxxxxxANDyou s h o u l d k - know
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxthatxxxthexxxliesxxxwon'txxxhidexxxyourxxxflaws
          User Image
          User Image
          User Image

• Akatsuki Miyamoto, the Jade Emperor of the Zodiac and Head of a very old and powerful family, was absolutely not hiding. Akatuski did not hide. No, it was merely strategic placement and nobody was allowed to say otherwise. He knew today was important, but in reality, he couldn’t bring himself to care. He had been actively avoiding (not hiding, never hiding) the servants and maids who no doubt were scurrying about frantically trying to find him. The God had already chosen to wear a three piece Western-style suit, rather than traditional Japanese wear, and that alone would have cut the time of his needed preparation considerably.

Akatuski usually just put it from his mind. It was one of those things where he knew it was a fact, that it was going to happen, but he never consciously accepted it. There was a lot that Akatsuki had learned about human nature just by studying himself, and one thing he knew for absolutely sure is that humans were adept at lying to themselves, and he had mastered the art. It was something he had done since he was born, after all, the decision was made at his conception. It wasn’t even lying anymore, just a constant state of being. In the beginning, it had hurt. Now, he was just numb. He was numb to everything it seemed these past few years, except where his Zodiac were involved. It had scared him at first. But now it was better than the pain. But today… Today was a day he could not lie to himself, not when the obvious truth was slapping him in the face. The truth that forced him to feel something, the truth that forced him to hurt.

He did not want to marry Chouko.

He loved her with all of his heart, there was no doubt. How could he not? And he believed it was not just because she was his Horse. If the Curse had never existed, and they were all free, he still believed that he would love her. But no matter the love he had for her, or how dear she was to him, or the fact that they were bound to each other one way or another for the rest of their lives, he could not force himself to love her the way he knew he should. Not the way a husband loves his wife, or even the emotions of two lovers. His love for her was deep and unbreakable, but it was a platonic love, an innocent love, and he did not know whether it was made better or worse by the fact that she in kind did not want to marry him.

Distracted by his thoughts, knowing that he would have to return soon, as he was running out of time to procrastinate, Akatsuki had been wandering through the halls for a while now, when he caught a flash of familiar hair. He had already been placed in a less-than-desirable mood due to the day’s coming events, and this only worsened it, turning his emotions from somber, to something darker. His eyes narrowing, he followed, the girl not even realizing he was there. He waited until they were in a rather secluded part of the estate when he reached out and grabbed Eri’s arm, dragging her back before slamming her against the side of the wall. He reached up to grab the side of her head, his fingers, entwining with her oddly colored hair, his other hand holding her wrist, keeping her in place.

For a while, he did nothing but look at her, but finally he spoke. “Oh, my faithless Snake.” He breathed quietly. He looked so… nonchalant, but his eyes had considerably darkened. “You continue to test me.” He had not forgotten her words the other day, nor her involvement with Yasu. His grip on her tightened, he could see his knuckles turning white. He leaned forward and pressed their foreheads together, and his voice lowered to a whisper. “You should not do that…” Eri had ever fought with him, almost as vehemently as Yasu himself. “You make me sick.” How she was so content with being caged, with letting herself be ruled by people who saw her as an animal, who couldn’t understand her beauty, for her not seeing her own beauty for herself… Oh how she sickened him… From behind him he heard someone run up, and recognized a voice of one of the maids. “Oh, Akatsuki-sama, there you are, we’ve been looking everywhere for y-“ She stopped speaking when she saw Eri. Her face paled, and she backed away. “F-forgive me…” And she scurried away like a frightened little mouse. However, the maid’s presence broke Akatsuki out of whatever had taken hold of him, and he released Eri slowly, pulling back from her. “Get out of my sight.” He snapped, before he himself heading off the down the hallway the maid had fled down.

Passing through the halls on the way to his rooms, he had to pass by the front doors, ignoring the maids and servants who had suddenly flooded around him, all with nonsensical chatter about how late it was and that he needed to get ready. Eventually, he snapped at them too, and ordered them off him. With at least it being a little more quiet, he was able to hear faint cries coming from the direction of the door… on the other side, and he recognized the voice as Chieko’s. He opened the door to see… no one. And immediately looked down.

To any other human being in the world, opening your door to a tiny dragon would have been a shock. Perhaps even comical. But Aka sighed, and bent down to pick her up, and hold her close to his chest as he shut the door. “I hope no one saw you…” He put his fingers to her head and began rubbing the soft scales he found there. It seemed today not even his beloved friend could pull him out of his foul mood. He had been feeling weird lately, and it was making him suspicious. He sighed again, reaching up to place her on a low mantelpiece by the foyer. “You need to go get ready. And I…” He didn’t finish his sentence before his head began to pound. He turned on his heel and began walking, his vision go dark in his peripherals. Aka changed his plan. He couldn’t go back to his rooms like this… He made a quick turn, and began to head for the door that would lead to the gardens. ‘Not now.’ As if thinking it would make it stop. His vision didn’t go black, he didn’t pass out, and suddenly, he could see a man in front of him. His heart dropped. He had seen this man before. Akatsuki’s eyes immediately shot to the man’s right hand, which he had already begun to raise. He tried to back up, but was hardly surprised when his body wouldn’t move. The man had a gun, and he was aiming it right at Akatsuki. The God prepared for the intense amount of pain he knew he was about to feel when he realized… the man was gone, and only then did he notice that he was alone, sweat dripping down his forehead. He staggered out into the gardens of the estate, the fresh air and floral scent doing nothing to calm him. This was the third time that month he had seen the man with the gun, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t remember his face… He sat with shaking legs on the stone bench, relief washing over him. The man didn’t shoot him this time, the vision didn’t last long enough… He would have shot him in the stomach, Aka knew. He always did. In every vision the God had ever had, his death was always slow. Sometimes his murderer had a weapon, it was worse when they didn’t. Though he was relieved he had not seen the vision out fully, it began weighing in the back of his mind. It wasn’t strong enough, so what if it came back sooner than usual? His visions were always random and without warning, but generally there was at least some amount of time between them. He couldn’t afford another one happening today, not in front of the elders, who he knew would be watching with their fake smiles to hide their sneers and disdain.

Demigod

20,800 Points
        • Risky Lifestyle 100
        • Brandisher 100
        • Cat Fancier 100
        xxx Hotaru Miyamoto :: The Cursed Cat
        :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::
        xxx Like a picture with a cracked frame.
        xxxxxxx Fragile, but never tame.
                                                      xxx Why was she doing this? It wasn't like any of them really wanted her there. Not now, not ever. Blue eyes closed and pale lips sighed quietly as Hotaru placed the brush that she had been using back onto her vanity. The buzz of the servants running around and getting all of the last minute preparations done could be heard all throughout the house. It was a pleasant buzz, and all the cat could do was sit there and listen to it. She hated crowds and this was going to be a big one. It didn't settle well with her at all. Opening her eyes once again the young woman stared in the mirror, observing her reflection. She hadn't done much in preparation for the nights activities so far, didn't even know if she was going. That was a lie. She had to, but she didn't want to. Her heart sank at what the meaning of tonight's festival meant, the finality of Akatsuki's engagement. She turned her gaze away. Now that just made her want to scream, but she didn't. She didn't want to bring any unwanted attention to herself, not now. Another sigh and another glance into the mirror. All she had done so far was brush and braid her hair, and that wasn't even what she would be doing when she finally got around to actually dressing up. For now she was still only dressed in her favorite blue summer dress, the thin straps dangling loosely off her shoulders. She could just hear the elders now, barking on about how disgusting she looked and that she was just another disappointment to them. Oh how she wished they would just shut their fat mouths. Mumbling to herself she went to pick up her brush again, but couldn't bring herself to start getting ready just yet. Everyone on the outside was so busy getting ready, and yet here she was.
                                                      ... .•:´¨•☆ •.¸¸.•´´¯`•´❤

xxx xxx

xxx Slowly the girl began to wonder if she should just leave, walk right on out through the front gates. She could finally get out of this horrible place, with all of its stupid beliefs and that people that went with it. Could she escape this prison? Obviously everyone was so busy, maybe they would over look her if she went quietly. Could she just leave? Shaking her head, she sighed for what could have been the tenth time since she'd sat down at the vanity. Even during an event like this there were bound to be people still dedicated to their job of keeping everyone locked up. No doubt Yasu was on his wits end about it, and she was sure the elders would have put up more than the usual guards. Her fingers clenched into fists at the thought, wanting nothing more than to see the mans face if she ever did manage to make it outside. But everyone was always watching the cat. The chair scraped loudly against the wooden floor as she suddenly pushed herself to her feet. The brush clattered to the floor where it was forgotten as the nowhere near dressed girl made her way across the room and through the opened door. The room was silent after that, as no one had been kept there at all. Hotaru could care less about it though, as she made her way through the halls all the while fingering the black and white bracelet that was always around her wrist.

xxx xxx

xxx There really hadn't been a plan as to where she was going, she just went. That place that she happened to end up in also just happened to be the kitchen. All of the servants had side stepped her on her journey, not wanting to have to deal with the cat today of all days. So her walk had been smooth. There had been some sort of commotion in one of the back halls, but her mind had been to cluttered with thoughts to go and explore. Today was not the day to be a curious kitty. Instead she had slipped her way into the kitchen, and after ignoring all the grunts and looks from the chefs she found herself digging through the cupboards for her favorite coffee mug. It had been a gift from her nursemaid before she had been passed off onto the main house, and she had kept it for sentimental reasons. Still saying nothing as a rather rude chef told her to get the hell out of the way, the white haired girl went about making herself a cup of hot chocolate by melting some of the chocolate, no doubt set aside for some desert or another, and adding in a generous helping of milk. She was then chased out of the kitchen in a most unfavorable way, by broomstick no less, but not before she managed to snag herself a small handful of wafer cookies from the nearest counter top.

xxx xxx

xxx Quietly munching on her stolen goods, the young cat padded through the ever moving household. More and more servants wandered past her, each carrying some object or another and not looking her in the eye. It was something that she was used to, and at least they weren't throwing any insults her way this time. No one said anything to her about the festival either, as no one really cared if the cat did show up or not. But it was an order, not a requirement, that she show up and she bit her cookie in half with a rather harsh bite at that thought. Swallowing it, the young at brought her steaming cup of cocoa to her lips and took a drink, licking off the foam that was left behind when finished. This was always something that had calmed her down in the past and she found that it still worked even now. Smiling to herself she felt the stress of the days events to come leave her just a little bit and as she made her way out of the front door and into the better part of the gardens she was able to let her shoulders relax. Padding along the length of the front porch, Hotaru came to a spot that she deemed nice enough and let herself down to sit on the edge. With her feet dangling she placed her cookies on her lap and held onto her mug with both hands. Here she was alone and able to sit, trying to calm her nerves and rid herself of all the bad feelings she had about today, Akatsuki, and the entirety of this whole situation. It wasn't until some noise just out of her sight tickled its way into her ears and she looked up to see the main cause for said feelings nearby. "Speak of the devil." the young woman said as she took a small sip of her hot chocolate, blue eyes watching the god of their family as he moved about. Something seemed a little off about him, and she wrinkled her nose. One of these days her curiosity would get her killed, but for now she couldn't just leave the man alone.

xxx xxx

xxx Coming to a decision the young girl popped another cookie halfway into her mouth before grabbing the remaining four with her free hand. Making sure that none of her hot chocolate spilled, she gracefully pushed herself to her feet. Akatsuki was further in along in the garden than she herself was as he had entered through a different way, but that didn't stop her from slinking of after him. Her foot steps were quiet as she moved along, wondering if he was out here to clear his head or to avoid some of the more troublesome servants. All the while she finished off the one cookie that she had placed in her mouth, using the base of her thumb to wipe away as many crumbs on her lips as she could. She didn't mean to be so quiet as she finally approached him from being, but she had always been a soft footed person, and her voice was just as soft. "Akatsuki-sama?" she called out, coming to a stop just a few feet away from the dark haired male. She found herself gulping lightly as she looked him over in his suit. He was as handsome as ever, and suddenly there were butterflies in her stomach it seemed. And here she was, not even remotely ready for the festival being held in his honor. The thought was like a slap to her face and she couldn't help but feel ashamed. What would he think of her now? Turning her eyes away from the man before her, Hotaru couldn't help but fiddle with the cookies still in her hand as she tightened her hold on the mug in the other.

User Image
            User Image

Cas woke up to an unfamiliar ceiling in an unfamiliar room. This wasn’t… completely abnormal, given Cas’s tendencies for flirtation in the past, but that was back when he had been in France, and this room was distinctly Japanese. Of course, he had just woken up and realized he had somehow obtained a headache, so he was a little slow at the moment in putting the pieces together. He remembered Yasu’s fight with Aka from a few days before. Yasu hadn’t wanted him to fuss when Cas mentioned it, but two days later, the bruises seemed to be getting darker (as bruises did) but Cas liked to fret, and it gave him an excuse to be annoying and cute and closer to Yasu, which, let’s be honest, was the whole point. So, finally, after Casimir had said enough words with the French accent that the white-haired man seemed to love, Yasu caved, Cas got what he wanted, and Yasu let him worry over his bruises, no doubt already treated by Chieko. There was only so long, though, that he could fuss over something like that, and this was where his memory was becoming vaguely blurred. He looked from the ceiling to the bed and saw Jacques. Well, he saw part of Jacques. The bird had nestled himself up against Cas’ chest and against his neck, and when he breathed he could feel the white feathers tickle his throat. He ran his fingers over the sleeping bird, cooing in his sleep.

That was right, Cas remembered. He and Yasu had decided to terrorize the night staff, and raid the bar for pretty much all it was worth. No wonder he could hardly remember what had happened. Cas nearly busted out laughing when he remembered convincing Jacques to try some of the drink, which resulted in a very drunk bird. No wonder he was sleeping so close to Cas, he had probably passed out there. Suddenly, he felt something tighten around his torso. Through his alcohol-induced drug haze of a morning, Cas didn’t even realize something was wrapped around his waist, and there was warmth behind him. He craned his neck to look behind him, to see a splotch of white, wily hair. Yasu’s face was buried in his shoulder, arms holding him like he were a pillow. His mouth was slightly open, and he had the look about him that said he was out good. Cas grinned and grabbed Jacques gently, and turned where he lay so that he was facing Yasu, with the white bird cuddled in between them. Looking at the close that was over Yasu’s shoulder, Cas could see that the time read about 11 O’clock. Well, at least they had time to get a few more hours in, at least to sleep off the hangovers.

When Cas awoke again, his headache was gone and it was 5 in the evening. How had he slept for another six hours?! Jacques and Yasu were still in the same positions as before. Casimir picked up his bird and turned over into his back and placed him on his stomach, Yasu’s arms still around him. He poked at Jacques until the little avian finally began to rouse, and then gave him an evil look once what had happened took hold in his head. Cas whispered an apology to him that seemed to pacify him, before trying to fly off to a higher perch in the room. He failed and flopped onto the bed only a few inches away. “Valk it off, love, valk it off.” Clearly, Jacques thought “walking it off” would be much harder than it sounded. He chuckled. “Bird cannot hold hiz liquor.” After that got him a look, Cas leaned down to kiss him on his ruffled, feathered head, and this time, he spoke sincerely, and with genuine sympathy. “I am zorry. I vill make eet up to you, oui?” This seemed to pacify Jacques, and he pecked Cas lightly on his lips in acceptance of his apology, and in affection.

Now, he turned his attention back to Yasu, looking over him. It was already very late, and he knew they needed to be up soon. In fact, the maids had probably been knocking at the door for hours, trying to determine if the Keeper was up or not. With another grin on his face, Cas turned and flopped on top Yasu wrapping his arms around him. “Good morning, mon ami! Eet iz time to wake up!” That barely got anything from Yasu, so he tried something else. “You are no better zan Sleeping Beauty, no?” He leaned down to plant a kiss on Yasu’s lips and still nothing. Frowning, Cas decided it was time to get a little creative. Of course, splashing him with cold water came to mind, but that would be no fun, especially when Yasu would most likely wake up angry at him.

Throwing the covers off the bed, Cas pulled himself up and straddled Yasu, and, putting his hands on his chest, began bouncing, almost like a child would do to their parents at Christmas. “Up, up up, you drunkard!” He was excited! He loved festivals and celebrations, and he wanted to get up and get pretty and go!

Ruthless Saint

8,675 Points
        • Forum Sophomore 300
        • Battle: Cleric 100
        • Invisibility 100
        User Image

tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab
        tab tab tab tab tab █████████████████ :: Kisei ! !
        tab tab tab tab tab xxxxx✖✖ A Troubled Kind Of Mind
                                  WHEN ALL OF YOUR FLAWS AND ALL OF MY FLAWSxxxxxARE LAID OUT ONE BY ONExxxxxALL OF YOUR FLAWS AND ALL OF MY FLAWSxxxxxTHEY LIE THERE HAND IN HANDxxxxxYOU HAVE ALWAYS WORN YOUR FLAWS UPON YOUR SLEEVExxxxxAND I HAVE ALWAYS BURIED THEM DEEP BENEATH THE GROUND
        tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab xx xx xx I'm not crazy, am I?

User Image

xxx:: This...this horrible thing! Why wasn't it going away? No matter how hard he tried, no matter how hard he hit it, it just wouldn't leave him alone. What did it want?It tried to latch onto his arm, but he pushed it away. It felt so gross in his hands. It moved it's mouth, but nothing was coming out of it anymore. There was another sound, something muffled and far away but he couldn't figure out what it was saying. The thing moved forward again, but he jumped back. "Don't touch me!" he cried out, trying to get away, his elbow bashed up against something and he could feel a warm wetness drip down to his wrists. No doubt he was bleeding, but he didn't care. That thing was still there. That voice mumbled something again, something that sounded like Ai? Oh god, was that thing after he too. "NOOOOO!" he shouted with all his might. He wouldn't let it touch her. Whirling around to face it, he found himself shaking as it wobbled near. Oh god, he wanted to throw up, but he had to stand his ground. Then it lunged and he was so caught off guard that he let it wrap its disgusting arms around him, and it wasn't until he was all the way in the things grasp that he realized that he'd been caught.

xxx:: "No, no, no, no, no don't touch me!" he shouted, flailing around in the things arms wildly. "Let me go, let me go!" Now he was pushing on the things shoulders, trying to pull himself from it's grasp, but the thing only held on tighter. It was almost like it just wanted a hug, and slowly the brunette began to realize that it was not an 'I'm going to eat you and your best friend' kind of hug, but a warm, comfortable hug. Slowly, ever so slowly he began to calm down and soon the image of the thing began to bleed its way out of his mind and it was slowly replaced with the image of Ai, teary eyed and filled with nothing but concern as she wiped away his tears. His heart skipped a beat and suddenly he wanted to throw up more as he returned the hug full force and was most likely crushing her with the force of it. "Ai, oh god, Ai I'm so sorry." he cried, tears falling down on her shoulder before he lifted his face back to hers. He was so thankful that she was there, bringing him back from his worst nightmares. It was hard to control his legs anymore and he found himself falling onto his bum with a loud and painful thud, dragging Ai the rest of the way down with him. "I...I didn't hurt you....did I?" he couldn't remember if he'd touched that nasty thing or not. What if he had hurt Ai?

xxx:: "Please tell me you're alright?" he asked as though it were Ai that had been in danger of hurting herself and not him. 'I'm the worst.' Kisei was just so worried about her, that he didn't give himself a second thought. He'd never forgive himself if he hurt anyone, especially Ai. He coughed, choking back his tears and swallowing the extra saliva that had pooled at the back of his throat. He was anything but pretty looking right now and is yukata was all twisted and he really felt disgusting. But that didn't matter as he used his arms to lift Ai back by the arms so that he could inspect her, tilting his head back and forth to check for any wounds that might have been inflicted. When he couldn't find any obvious ones at the moment he let out a sigh and pulled his best friend back into a hug. "I'm so sorry." he muttered, not wanting to let go even as the blood dripped slowly to the floor. In the back of his mind he hoped that it didn't get on Ai's clothes, but for now all he needed was to hug her.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,800 Points
        • Forum Sophomore 300
        • Full closet 200
        • Forum Dabbler 200
        User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxW H O ; By herself W H A T ; "I hate him." W H E R E ; Hallway O U T F I T ; Kimono

The hall seemed to bustle with maids and workers every now and then trying to hurry with the festival preparations. The elders really liked to go all out with these kind of celebrations, Eri remembered when she had first came to the estate she never cared for the parties they had since she hardly knew anyone. To this day she still didn't like parties, she would rather be in her room curled up with a good book than anything. As she silently walked down the hallway she felt someone bump her shoulder as they swiftly walked past her without even saying excuse me. She looked up to see the fiery red-haired tiger glare at her and then proceed to insult her. The girl just looked at him silently as he walked away in a huff, Eri was used to Kouyou being hostile to her considering their opposing views, but he was especially being quite the a*****e today. Its not like she could blame him though, Eri would act the same way if her friend was about to get married to someone she hated.

As soon as she had found herself in a secluded part of the estate Eri started to grow bored of wandering around and wondered if she should go bother Yasu. Before the girl could make a solid decision on where to go she felt a large hand grab her and jerk her to the side. Eri yelped as her slender back hit the cold wall with force. She looked up to meet the eyes of her assailant and immediately felt her face heat up with anger as she looked back at Akatsuki with cold eyes. It seemed that Eri had been jerked and pushed around all day, but she definitely wasn't going to take it from the God.

"Don't touch me.", The girl spat at him angrily as he brushed his fingers through her hair. She hated when people touched her especially people like Akatsuki who had no restraint. His touch only made her shiver with disgust as she tried to free herself from his grip but he had only tightened his hold on her. Eri had pushed Akatsuki's buttons before and she enjoyed his reactions, but he had never gotten physical with her in the slightest. Aka had talked so calmly, but behind those eyes Eri only saw darkness. The girl shuddered as he pressed his forehead against hers, feeling his cold breath against her ear.

"Stop..!", the snake girl stammered as she still struggled to be released by Akatsuki. Hearing the voice of a maid come across them and scurry away ( probably mistaking their scuffle for a love scene ), Eri was finally released from Aka's cold grip. Feeling her knees give out, Eri sank to the floor as Akatsuki demanded she get out of his sight, but she just sat there trembling as he finally walked away. She clutched her body trying to stop her trembling, but she just couldn't. Eri was scared, she was so scared and even more than that infuriated that it was Akatsuki who had reduced her to such a state. Eri could feel hot tears well up in her eyes and trail down her pale face as her frustration and anger grew.

"How dare he touch me like that! That God, he makes me sick! I hate him. I hate him." Eri fumed as she bit her bottom lip so hard in frustration it was starting to draw blood.

What did he want with her anyway? It was his big celebration and yet he still found the time to harass Eri, but for what? The girl wondered if it was probably due to what she had said at breakfast two days ago, but it was probably more than that and she suddenly realized why. It was because of Yasu and how much she cared for him. Akatsuki probably couldn't stand the fact that not only did one of his precious zodiac members treat him with such disdain, but also loved and respected the keeper that he despised more than him. If Akatsuki thought the snake got in his way before he had no idea what he was in for now.

Before she could even think about plotting against the God the girl had to first calm herself down as she could feel her heart accelerate as her silent sobs made it harder for her to breath.

"No not now..please" Eri pleaded to herself as felt herself slowly slip into a panic attack.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxO O C ; My poor babu Eri D;

Garbage Waffles

CHOUKOCHOUKOCH███████ ████████ ██ ██ ███████ ████ ███ █████
                              choukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochoukochouko

█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ ↘↘ BRAVE STALLION r i d e . . . //
                              choukochoukochoukochoukochoukochouk i am not the p w n i am the q e e n i am not the p w n i am the q e e n
                              ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ don't forget me, im here
                              choukochUser Image User Image User Image
                              chouko
                              choI • • can't ; * ˟ ▇▇ EVEN s e e . . & & . . . her . : : ╲╲ ANYmore ₀₀
                              chchSHE WEREN'T EVEN HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE chchochoSHE WEREN'T EVEN HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE chchochSHE WEREN'T EVEN HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE ch
                              choukoch❖❖❖ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                              choukochoukochouko " ;;That I was doing ► . . ஐ ; ; Talking with Kouyou
                              choukochoukochouko " ;;That person with me ► . . ஐ ; ; Kouyou
                              choukochoukochouko " ;;That which I'm wearing ► . . ஐ ; ; Kimono with headdress
                              choukochoukochouko " ;;That what I'm feeling ► . . ஐ ; ; Heartache, sadness
                              choukochoukochoukochoukoIRON ON THE INSIDE, PORCELAIN ON THE OUTSIDE she said ¤ ¤ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                              choukochoukochoukochouko▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
                              choukochouko
                              chou ♥ ▒▒▒ ' I dreampt I was a butterfly and I flew away .
                              chou ♥ ▒▒▒ ' I dreampt I was a horse and i ran away .

choukoch██ but ██ they ██ were ██ just ██ dreams ██
                              ██ ↗ ↗ CHOUKOMIYAMOTOchoukocho
                              choukochoukochoukochoukochouko please find mechouko

choukochoukochouko

“Nice hat,” A familiar but rarely heard voice surprised her “Looks ready to fly away and take you with it.”. She knew that voice, the man from her past life. The little boy who promised her to take her away and wrestled with her when they were children was only a shadow of a man who was standing before her now. He looked angry as always but that was expected, the only emotion he had shown her was anger. That wasn't the only emotion he was able to show though she noticed, just a couple days ago she saw him smile. It gave her relief, Kouyou was still the hothead he always was but he was able to smile even if it was faint. So many sad memories they made together, back then her words deliberately spoken to hurt him and he in return reacted the way she wanted him to react. 'I'm done playing Kouyou, it's time to grow up' he was outraged when he heard that, he yelled obscenities at her and refused to take her words sincerely. Her fourteen year old self stood there, looking coldly down on him, she wanted to show him that he was not worth anything to her anymore. That night, she cried for hours straight.

It was a surprise that she saw him here in the estate, much less in traditional wear. So it seemed even Kouyou, as much as he protested, could not run away from his duties as a zodiac member. Regret and guilt washed over as she stood there next to him. Why was he here? Was he here to pick a fight? No, that was presumptuous of her and was rude to Kouyou. He was colder now but not malicious, he was never truly mean from the his heart, Chouko remembered. They fought physically many times when they were kids whenever Kouyou was angry, it was a hilarious sight to behold. Chouko hit puberty way earlier than him so she towered over him when they were younger but he was still stronger. It never ended badly for them though, after every fight they laughed it off and received scoldings together. Another distant memory, she wondered if Kouyou ever thought back of them, probably not he hated her after all.

“Wouldn't that be nice...,” she instinctively answered, at the last word she quickly put her hand up to her mouth. It was a moment completely unpredicted, she didn't mean to answer him in that kind of manner. It was a relapse, the fact that she was reminiscing about the past and with the paired pain that was still bothering her took her by surprise. She quickly composed herself and brushed it off, giving him a slight smile, trying to distract him from what she said. “Thank you Kouyou-kun for coming today, it means a lot to me and Akatsuki-san” she politely replied, her words formal and rehearsed. Being around him right now was dangerous, he made her remember the days before of fun and joy even if he hated her now, she still held fondness for her former best friend. It was too much, everything was too much, the weight was too much, with Kouyou there, it was all so finalized that she was getting married very soon. Without any warning, tears formed in her eyes and she couldn't stop herself. They trailed down her face, Chouko stood there dumbfounded at the fact that she was crying. Reacting quickly, she quickly rubbed the tears away and gave an expected answer of a bride-to-be. “Oh dear, I'm just so happy today you know, it's just so....perfect,” Words came out to form sentences that Chouko did not mean, she tried her best to convince Kouyou of her pretend happiness. But she wasn't sure of anything at this point. She was just so sad. That was it. Sadness and loneliness, she missed her best friends and the feel of mud on her hands.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
          Manage Your Items
          Other Stuff
          Get GCash
          Offers
          Get Items
          More Items
          Where Everyone Hangs Out
          Other Community Areas
          Virtual Spaces