Welcome to Gaia! ::

xxx
        User Image
          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                ANDx NOWx Ix HAVEx FINALLYx SEENx THEx LIGHTx ANDx NOWx Ix HAVEx FINALLYx REALIZEDx WHATx YOUx NEEDx COMEx TOx MEx JUSTx INx Ax DREAM
                ANDx NOWx Ix HAVEx FINALLYx SEENx THEx LIGHTx ANDx NOWx Ix HAVEx FINALLYx REALIZEDx WHATx YOUx NEEDx COMEx TOx MEx JUSTx INx Ax DREAM

OWNER // CREATOR
                                            yours truly, feuillemort "morty"
                                      MODERATORS
                                            none
                                      INSPIRATION
                                            furuba // fruits basket
                                      LITERACY
                                            semi lit. - adv. lit
                                      STATUS
                                            open // accepting 1 non-cursed

User Image User Image
xxx
        User Image
          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In All Creation

And in the beginning, God looked upon all that he had made, from the depths of the oceans to the white peaks of the mountains; from every soft blade of grass and all of the animals that wandered the earth, he looked upon them all with delight. God watched these things from above in heaven and for a while, he was happy and content. But God who is eternal grew lonely in heaven, and desired to enter into the world he had made. He took the form of man and descended, wishing to delight alongside his creations, rather than above them. For a while, when men were young and ignorant, they rejoiced and welcomed him. But as their race grew, their ignorance diminished and though their creator had donned a human guise, man realized he was not as they were, and they began to fear him. Before long, they shunned God, and rejected him, and he went alone into the forests and the hills. There he lived for many years, with naught but his own thoughts for company.

Then one day, he came upon a pathetic creature lying on the ground. He gathered it in his arms, brushing away the dirt from its fur. It was a cat, its coat as white as winter snow. It was dying, as all living things were doomed in time. But God took pity on the thing, and restored to it its life. When the cat awoke, he bowed before the God, for unlike man, animals knew the sight of glory even when disguised. “You have given me life, Lord, not once, but twice. Forever will I be your servant, if only to show my gratitude.” But God looked upon the cat and shook his head. “I wish not for a servant, little creature, but for a friend, for I have been lonely.” Then the cat raised its head, and set its paws upon God’s lap. “Then the most faithful of friends shall I be.” And from that moment on, the cat was ever by the God’s side, and their friendship was fast and strong.

In time, though God loved Cat dearly, he wished to share his happiness and love with others, and when he expressed this desire to Cat, the creature was heartened. “Fear not, dear friend,” said the cat. “For I may be able to give you what you desire.” And then Cat left the God’s side for the first time since they had met, and in his absence, God remembered what loneliness felt like. But he had faith in his friend, and so he waited patiently. Then one day the cat returned, and it was carrying a rat in its mouth. When Cat dropped the rat, it looked before God and bowed. Cat had told the creatures of the forest that God had become lonely and Rat was the first to wish to be brought to him to ease him, so Cat had carried him back. God was happy to have yet another friend to love, but was confused when the cat made to leave once again, saying only that he was not finished. The next day, Cat came before God again on the back of an Ox before leaving once again. Every day, for twelve days, Cat went into the forest and told of his lonely friend, and brought back the twelve animals whose hearts wished to come back with him. And for a long time, God reveled in the animals that wished to befriend him; Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Boar, and the greatest of his beloved, Cat.

Then one day, God decided to show his gratitude and he said to them, “I will hold a banquet in your honor, to show my love. It will be held in two days’ time.” But Cat, who had long been growing old, much older than his friends, had been sleeping in his weariness and missed the announcement. When he awoke and learned of the banquet, his old heart fluttered in excitement, but he did not know when it was held. Cat had been by the God’s side for longer than any of them, and it would be a shame for him to miss such a feast, so he asked his friend Rat when the banquet was to be held. The rat told him “In a week’s time, my friend, for our friend God has much to prepare.” For Rat was jealous of the greater love God held for the Cat than any of the others.

When the day of the banquet came, the god looked to see all of the animals, but one, and a sadness filled his heart at the absence of the Cat, his oldest companion. But he saw the faces of the other, and his joy in them was no less than before, and he said to them all,

“In all creation, there have never been any I have loved so much as you. By all the works of my hands, and every labor of my heart, you alone shall I hold dearest. Though I am God, I have lived in the mortal world for many years, and my body grows weak and weary, as do yours. But be not afraid, for death is not your fate. As my most faithful, you shall all live with me eternally, and we shall have an endless banquet.” And in his folly, the Cat was left from the banquet. But though he felt pain at the Cat’s apparent dismissal, the God loved him too much to leave him behind forever, though in the years to come, some may have argued to do so would have been kinder.

The Story of a Family

This is the legend that has been passed down through the Miyamoto family. For countless generations, it has guided the Juunishi- those embody the spirits of the thirteen animals and their God. It seemed to many that they would be Cursed for eternity, and they were kept secret. Sometimes, drastic measures were taken to ensure secrecy, and there seemed to be no hope. But there came a time when an Outsider learned of the Curse, and he fell in love with a female member of the Juunishi, the Ox of that generation – in fact, he came to love them all, and he wished only for them to be free. And indeed, the Curse was broken. The legend does not say how he came to break the Curse, but from that moment on, the Miyamoto family was free of what had plagued the family for so long. And in time, the legend became that, just a legend; told to the children of the Miyamoto, but what had once been truth became myth.

Until the day the Curse returned. A child was born, and when the parents tried to hold their baby in their arms, it transformed into an animal. The elders knew then that the family was in danger, and that the old legends were real. They decided then to reign in the Juunishi, for the family had become careless, living for so long without the Curse. They couldn’t risk discovery. So, they instilled a Keeper – a member of the family not of the Juunishi who would watch them their whole lives, and force them back to the family should any try to escape, or to keep away those who would come too close. But many of the Zodiac will not stand for captivity, and some would risk the anger of the Keeper, just for a chance for freedom.
xxx
        User Image

|| I'm gonna try to keep this list short and sweet for you babes, but we all know it's gotta be done. First rule is the most obvious, obey Gaia's ToS. Mostly, that just means use common sense. No cybering, no excessive swearing - cussing once in a while is fine, but don't go around dropping them like daisies. This falls under respecting each other, which is a huge must. We're all here to have fun, so treat each other with a lil' love, okay? If there's any drama OUTSIDE of rp between roleplayers, settle your differences somewhere private, don't drag the rest of the thread into it. If an agreement cannot be reached, please message me and I will settle with you, and make everything right as rain. Sound like a plan? Alright, moving on.
                                        || Grammar here is kind of a big deal. I want literacy, and that means using proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. Also, I don't want some three-liner post. Uh huh. On average, a post should contain three or more paragraphs of substance. That being said, I absolutely understand mistakes and writer's block. As much as we try to deny it, we're only mortal, and it's gonna happen. Just don't make it a regular thing, and things will roll on famously. I also always, ALWAYS want quality over quantity, and I'm not a slave driver when it comes to word counts. Generally, a min of 500 sounds like a good number, so try to keep it above that.
                                        || As for characters, send me a reserve first before your profile. Samples MUST be included when you send me the reserve. If I don't see samples, I won't even bother considering your application. Along with samples, give me a little blurb about what you have in mind for your character, personality or otherwise. Below you'll find a post where I've listed all of the roles, and little snippets about each. Unless you really, really want something changed, use these as guidelines. Some of them are important. But I don't want to crush anyone's creativity or ideas, so if there's conflict, message me and we'll be able to work something out, don't worry.~ I shouldn't even have to say I don't want any Mary-Sue's. You're all too smart and beautiful for that. When you send me your reserve, title it with "(Your Role) Reserve". Simple right? Helps me keep track of things. As for your profile, you may begin the moment you're accepted. Put it in it's own thread, and send the link to me titled with your favorite color.
                                        Edit:: For character ages, I don't want any characters under 16
                                        || Now guys, the OOC is there for a reason, use it! An active OOC means an active thread. I'm hoping to see lots of plotting going on in there, as that can be half the fun! For the most part, these characters will have known each other most of their lives, so they should have some relationships established. I think it'd be awesome if we could have some cool plots going on! Get creative!
                                        || Lastly, I am the leader of the roleplay. I reserve the right to reject your application or profile, to ask you to change something, or anything otherwise. All I ask is that you accept my decisions without drama. If you want to know why your app was rejected, that's fine, we'll talk about it. It's possible you can fix it to my satsifaction, but if I say no, please respect that. I will absolutely respect you, so it's not much to ask in return. I'll do my best to keep things moving along, but all of you are more than welcome to suggest ideas, events, anything! This is for you, so have at it.
xxx
        User Image

make the characters unique and different. some will be raring for freedom, others may feel safety within the family, and not want to see the outside. some will be old, some young, keep it different. c:

Reserve Skeleton
                                        [img]http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r763/happyrobotnoises/size_zpscace5f3e.jpg~original[/img]
                                        [size=10][b]NAME ||[/b]
                                        [b]AGE ||[/b]
                                        [b]GENDER ||[/b]
                                        [b]ROLE ||[/b] (ex. Horse, Outsider, etc)
                                        (link to samples)
                                        [b]BLURB ||[/b] (blurb about character here)

Profile Skeletons
                                        [align=center][size=24] [color=color3][u][color=white]x[/color][color=color1]FIRST NAME[/color] [color=color2]LAST NAME[/color] [color=color4]》[/color][color=color2]》[/color][/u][/color] [/size][/align]

[list][list][imgleft]http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r763/happyrobotnoises/Cross-Overfull1569643-Copy-Copy2_zps49dcf5a3.jpg[/imgleft]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=18][color=color3]BASIC INFORMATION[/color] [color=color2]。。。[/color][/size]

[/list][/list][/list][size=11] [color=color1][u][color=color2]ROLE[/color][/u][color=color3]::[/color][/color] [color=dimgray]role here ex. horse, outsider, etc.[/color]
                                        [color=color1][u][color=color2]NICKNAME[/color][/u][color=color3]::[/color][/color] [color=dimgray]nickname(s) here[/color]
                                        [color=color1][u][color=color2]AGE[/color][/u][color=color3]::[/color][/color] [color=dimgray]age here, written out[/color]
                                        [color=color1][u][color=color2]GENDER[/color][/u][color=color3]::[/color][/color] [color=dimgray]sex here[/color]
                                        [color=color1][u][color=color2]ORIENTATION[/color][/u][color=color3]::[/color][/color] [color=dimgray]sexual orientation here[/color]

[color=color1][u][color=color2]HAIR COLOR[/color][/u][color=color3]::[/color][/color] [color=dimgray]color here[/color]
                                        [color=color1][u][color=color2]EYE COLOR[/color][/u][color=color3]::[/color][/color] [color=dimgray]color here[/color]
                                        [color=color1][u][color=color2]HEIGHT[/color][/u][color=color3]::[/color][/color] [color=dimgray]height here[/color]
                                        [color=color1][u][color=color2]WEIGHT[/color][/u][color=color3]::[/color][/color] [color=dimgray]weight here[/color]
                                        [color=color1][u][color=color2]EXTRAS[/color][/u][color=color3]::[/color][/color] [color=dimgray]anything extra about your character - tattoos, piercings, scars, etc[/color]

[list][list][list][size=18][color=color3]THINGS TO BE KNOWN[/color][color=color4]。。。[/color][/size]

[/list][/list][/list][size=11] [color=color1][u][color=color2][b]LIKES[/b][/color][/color][/u]
                                        [color=color3]✓[/color][/color] [color=dimgray] here[/color]

[size=11] [color=color1][u][color=color2][b]DISLIKES[/b][/color][/color][/u]
                                        [color=color3]✗[/color][/color] [color=dimgray] here[/color]

[size=11] [color=color1][u][color=color2][b]FEARS[/b][/color][/color][/u]
                                        [color=color3]♕[/color][/color] [color=dimgray] here[/color]

[list][list][list][size=18][color=color3]DESCRIBE ME[/color][color=color2]。。。[/color][/size]

[/list][/list][/list] [size=11][color=color1]█████ [/color][color=color2]❀[/color] [color=color1]█[/color] [color=color3]GOOD TRAIT HERE[/color]
                                        [size=10] [color=dimgray]description[/color]

[size=11][color=color1]█████ [/color][color=color2]❀[/color] [color=color1]█[/color] [color=color3]GOOD TRAIT HERE[/color]

[size=11][color=color1]█████ [/color][color=color2]❀[/color] [color=color1]█[/color] [color=color3]GOOD TRAIT HERE[/color]

[size=11][color=color1]█████ [/color][color=color2]❖[/color] [color=color1]█[/color] [color=color3]BAD TRAIT HERE[/color]

[size=11][color=color1]█████ [/color][color=color2]❖[/color] [color=color1]█[/color] [color=color3]BAD TRAIT HERE[/color]

[list][list][list][size=18][color=color3]A STORY TO TELL[/color][color=color2]。。。[/color][/size]

[/list][/list][/list][size=11] [color=color1][u][color=color2]BIOGRAPHY[/color][/u][color=color3]::[/color][/color] [color=dimgray]biography here, two - three paragraphs[/color]

[align=center][size=24][color=color2][u][color=color1]HOW I SEE THEM[/color][/u][/color] [/size][/align]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list] [size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]GOD[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]RAT[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]OX[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]TIGER[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]RABBIT[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]DRAGON[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]SNAKE[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]HORSE[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]SHEEP[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]MONKEY[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]ROOSTER[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]DOG[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]BOAR[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]CAT[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[align=center][size=24][color=color2][u][color=color1]HOW I SEE THEM[/color][/u][/color] [/size][/align]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list] [size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]THE KEEPER[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]GOD'S SIBLING[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]NON-CURSED[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]

[size=18][color=color3]◇◇[/color][color=color2][u][color=color1]OUTSIDER[/color][/u][/color]||[/size] [color=dimgray][size=11]relationship here[/size][/color]
xxx
        User Image

this is a general guideline for each role, and some will have more specifics than others. if there is a gender symbol next to the role of a character, that role is gender locked.
                            Zodiac : Males: 7/7 Females: 7/7 ||| Non-Cursed Males 2/2 Females 2/2

THE ZODIAC

GOD ♂ || "Akatsuki Miyamoto" played by - feuillemort
                                    The God is young, and as many young people are, is defiant against the elders who seek to cage him and his Juunishi. He believes control of the Zodiac belongs to him alone, and he abhors the Keeper for his usurpation. Relies heavily upon the the Dragon and the Monkey. Engaged to the Horse.

RAT || "Chiasa Miyamoto" played by - sweetspunkin
                                    Secretive and manipulative, the Rat acts loyal to the wishes of the family, but in private may have plans of their own.

OX || "Umeki Miyamoto" played by - Neptoonn
                                    The Ox is different from the others in the fact that they seem to have two distinct personalities, a "white" half and a "black" half. The white half is generally calm and logical, while the black half is ruled by emotion, and is rather terrifying to witness. Terrifying enough that even the God has learned the hard way to back away.

TIGER || "Kouyou Miyamoto" played by - HanaKirei
                                    A natural fighter with a passionate soul, the Tiger refuses to submit and live their life tucked away in the Estate, to grow old and die without seeing what the wide world has to offer.

RABBIT || "Ai Miyamoto " played by - the dancing duckling
                                    Sibling to the Keeper, the Rabbit is conflicted in their desire to live life freely, the way they want, and love for their family.

DRAGON || "Chieko Miyamoto" played by - like a warrior
                                    The Doctor of the family, the Dragon also possesses the unique skill to erase the memories of a person, which has been used of great benefit to the family in protecting their secrets. Close friend to the God and the Monkey.

SNAKE || "Eri Miyamoto" played by - Bre-Rabbit
                                    Good friends with the Keeper. Despite themselves being one of the Juunishi, the Snake has no great love for the God, and has instead chosen to fervently follow the wishes of the elders of the family, and assist the Keeper in his task of reigning in the members of the Zodiac, believing that this is what is best for the family, and for their safety, even if it means taking away their freedom.

HORSE ♀ || "Chouko Miyamoto" played by - AbstractR
                                    Engaged to the God.

SHEEP || "Kouji Miyamoto" played by - AbstractR
                                    Sweet and kind-hearted, the Sheep cares deeply for their family.

MONKEY || "Eiji Miyamoto" played by - de-es-ce-ha
                                    Close to the Dragon and the God, the Monkey is also at odds with the Keeper and the elders of the family, who treat the Juunishi as little more than objects to be hidden.

ROOSTER || "Casimir Varnadoe" played by - feuillemort
                                    One of the few Juunishi who was not raised among the others in the Miyamoto estate. However they have recently found their way home, but have realized they cannot so easily leave.

DOG || "Naoki Miyamoto" played by - HanaKirei
                                    Half-sibling to the Boar.

BOAR || "Kisei Miyamoto" played by - Liquor Lips
                                    Half-sibling to the Dog.

CAT || "Hotaru Miyamoto" played by - A Wild Condom Appeared
                                    The outcast and reject of the Miyamoto family, much of the family is shown to despise this creature, and suffers more than most from the Keeper's suspicion.

THE NON-CURSED

THE KEEPER || "Yasu Miyamoto" played by - de-es-ce-ha
                                    It is the duty of the Keeper to watch over the Juunishi, to keep them bound to the family and the estate, and reign them in should any of them have thoughts to break away. At odds particularly, and sometimes viciously, with the Dragon, Monkey and God. Brother to the Rabbit.
                                    NOTE:: If you wish to play this role, message me specifically. This character is integral to the plot, so there are things i would like to discuss about his role. c:

GOD'S SIBLING || "Name" played by - reserved
                                    Older sibling to the God. Despite their own personal, familial bond with their younger brother, they cannot help but feel cheated. As the eldest, it was their right to take over as Head of the Family once their father stepped down, and they were trained to become such since their birth. However, when the God was born, the right of leadership was immediately taken from them, and passed to their younger, "more special", brother.

THE NON-CURSED || "Ira Miyamoto" played by - Pokegasm
                                    A member of the Miyamoto family, who is not afflicted by the Zodiac Curse. They are allowed to lead a normal life unlike the Juunishi, however even they must be careful. As one of the few people within the family to know of the Curse, this member is still watched, to ensure the safety and secrecy of the family.

THE OUTSIDER || "Tamiko Amasawa " played by - Alexa the White Rose
                                    An unassuming Outsider who has managed to get a little too close to the Miyamoto family, but is soon to find out that all is not as it seems.
xxx
        User Image

xxx
        User Image

xxx
        User Image

6/22 progress officially being made <3
                                        6/23 ready for business
                                        the dog, god and rooster were reserved
                                        6/24 cat, horse and dragon reserved
                                        rabbit, ox and outsider reserved
                                        cat profile complete
                                        6/25 LOTS OF THINGS RESERVED OKAY?
                                        7/2 all spots reserved
                                        7/3 thread officially open!
                                        7/9 the thread is rolling along famously and ALL profiles are in!!

7/18 everyone is getting ready for the festival that is soon to begin!
xxx
        User Image

CURRENT : The gardens are actually a private park owned by the Miyamoto family, and located on their estate.
                              This is where many of the family's celebrations occur. The elders have announced a festival to be held here, in celebration of the cherry blossoms, and in honor of the engagement of Akatsuki and Chouko Miyamoto, and also where the date of their wedding will be announced.
                              It is a traditional festival, however both Japanese and Western style clothing are allowed, as long as it is formal, and in many cases, extravagant.
                              Currently, the members of the family are preparing to attend the event.
xxx
        User Image

xxx
          User Image

xxx
            User Image

xxx
              User Image

xxx
                User Image

xxx
                  User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
              Manage Your Items
              Other Stuff
              Get GCash
              Offers
              Get Items
              More Items
              Where Everyone Hangs Out
              Other Community Areas
              Virtual Spaces
              Fun Stuff