Welcome to Gaia! ::

Toothsome Hunter

it's all good, don't you worry about it.

Noble Noob

Ugh, I'm so over school work, but it must be done because I need the units and I need a good grade
The Amazing Wiggle
Ugh, I'm so over school work, but it must be done because I need the units and I need a good grade

That's the worst :/ I mean I'd kill to be able to go back to school rn but I'm so bad at managing it when I'm there.

Soooo if it's ok with everybody I'd like to post new charrie's profile, because I HATE THE BG and I'm sick of looking at it ((((((:

Here's a nice thing, my cable/wifi got cut off a couple days ago due to months of me not being able to pay my bill and it's been super depressing but this morning I woke up to a text saying my entire past due was paid????????? and it's back on?????? with no further explanation, and I'm feeling hashtag blessed. Like for real.

Dapper Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ginger_jam
The Amazing Wiggle

That's the worst :/ I mean I'd kill to be able to go back to school rn but I'm so bad at managing it when I'm there.

Soooo if it's ok with everybody I'd like to post new charrie's profile, because I HATE THE BG and I'm sick of looking at it ((((((:

Here's a nice thing, my cable/wifi got cut off a couple days ago due to months of me not being able to pay my bill and it's been super depressing but this morning I woke up to a text saying my entire past due was paid????????? and it's back on?????? with no further explanation, and I'm feeling hashtag blessed. Like for real.

haha. no probs. did you send it to a mod for review? If not, PM that sucker over to someone and we'll let you know wink

and oh gosh. The cable isn't such a huge deal, but WiFi is! D:
and that's odd. Watch your back for random collectors @n@

Noble Noob

ginger_jam

wow! that's awesome! sorry about your interwebs and cable getting cut out in the first place :/
I had something like that happen with one of my months rent last year. Nearly cried.
oooo, what kind of character is it? o v o
D_letion
ginger_jam
The Amazing Wiggle

haha. no probs. did you send it to a mod for review? If not, PM that sucker over to someone and we'll let you know wink

and oh gosh. The cable isn't such a huge deal, but WiFi is! D:
and that's odd. Watch your back for random collectors @n@
I knooooow. The cable did suck too 'cause it was just too quiet in the house, made my mom depressed.
I sent a bit over to Harm but it's been expanded to a monstrous degree so I'll do so nowww.
The Amazing Wiggle
ginger_jam

wow! that's awesome! sorry about your interwebs and cable getting cut out in the first place :/
I had something like that happen with one of my months rent last year. Nearly cried.

Whoops did not see this 'un. Yeah tough times lately, but I've been feeling more optimistic today so hopefully that'll last. Oh the powers of wifi.
Oh she's gonna be an adorable bloodlettin' cultist!

Dapper Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ginger_jam
The Amazing Wiggle
ginger_jam

Whoops did not see this 'un. Yeah tough times lately, but I've been feeling more optimistic today so hopefully that'll last. Oh the powers of wifi.
Oh she's gonna be an adorable bloodlettin' cultist!

yay!
I remember you talking about her and I loved it. I just wanted to know if you send the profile. haha. I would send the complete one to harm as well, mostly because I have to be up early tomorrow and might be busy through most of the day. So far, though, I approve, but send it to harm or lun or wildear, because they might be on before I will.

(also a little tipsy, and I don't tend to be able to concentrate on reading during that. D: )
D_letion

yay!
I remember you talking about her and I loved it. I just wanted to know if you send the profile. haha. I would send the complete one to harm as well, mostly because I have to be up early tomorrow and might be busy through most of the day. So far, though, I approve, but send it to harm or lun or wildear, because they might be on before I will.

(also a little tipsy, and I don't tend to be able to concentrate on reading during that. D: )

Yeahhhhhhhhh!
Ok thanks! Lemme not stay up any more, I'm about to have an early day. Hopefully I can finish an Itsaso post manana after work. Night guys!

Dapper Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ginger_jam
D_letion

yay!

Yeahhhhhhhhh!
Ok thanks! Lemme not stay up any more, I'm about to have an early day. Hopefully I can finish an Itsaso post manana after work. Night guys!

nighty-night!
Also... I finally got to watch the Third Madoka movie (your signature) and holy ******** batman. @n@
D_letion
ginger_jam
D_letion

yay!

Yeahhhhhhhhh!

nighty-night!
Also... I finally got to watch the Third Madoka movie (your signature) and holy ******** batman. @n@

lmao I have a love/hate relationship with that movie. On the one hand, so beautifully animated and MY SHIPS, but I just...ultimately can't deal with the ending. I'd spent too long loving the closure of the series and I felt like it just kinda went against the message of...the...whole thing.
But on the other other hand, KYOKO/SAYAKA!!!!! THE F*CKIN' DREAM!!!!

Canny Trickster

Harmonie and Happiness
Country is recovering from a recent war.

Uneasy, though necessary trading and trade agreements do occur and are established, though their is a degree of self sufficiency.

The Halles: High food production (enough to provide for themselves and 3 other territories), Standing army (though it's not too big, but well trained), Navy, and what will be the knowledge to make steel of moderate and superior quality. (if not the best steel in history, but this will be limited to a few weapons.)

Hmm, this could outline much of what Connor can offer to increase these aspects even more. Gonna turn halle into a must have ally by increasing food quality and production even higher.

Around the time period theme the roleplay is set up, farmers would have been using either 3 step farming method, where normally out of a single plot of earth, 2 crops could be grown and harvested through out the year, one period to grow and harvest say, wheat, and another period for something else, such as barley, and what not, and then the 3rd period nothing is planted to allow the soil to rest and regain nutrients so your not over farming the soil and killing the nutrients. This can be advanced to a four step farming method, where the normal two crops can be planted, but in the time between the two major crops, crops such as turnip can be planted witch have minimal impact on the soil by using nutrients not normally consumed and restoring nutrients that other crops use, the same can be done with clovers which restore a great deal of nutrients to the soil. In this way, the soil's nutrients can be restored without giving it a chance to rest, thus raising the efficiency of farming. The clovers and turnips can then be used as feed for livestock, to cut down on food sources used for them, and keep them fed, while feeding people, thus enabling more livestock to be spared for winter salughter. Thus increasing crop yields and yeild from livestock and the connected resources from livestock, as I've mentioned before, such as wool from sheep, milk from cows, etc.

This can be further enhanced with the compost method, making compost and spreading into the soil to enrich soil with nutrients and seaweed can enhance this effect. Further, if a farm were to take on more crops, then crop rotation can be used, where crops are rotated between plots of soil, to restore nutrients to the soil, and at the same time, minimizing the population of pests as well.

This solves many issues of resources and renewing them for the benefit of the local farmers ad using the relatively same amount of labor to increase yields. Plus the more temperament land of the halles is better suited for growing corn, though they can still grow potato as well. Potato can effectively be planted and harvested 3 times a year, which produces a lot, if done right, and since it's an undeground crop, it's safe from the issues above ground crops suffer from, and has a menagerie of uses. Corn is a wonderful crop, where it's application can be used from human food, to feeding livestock in bulk, a full cart of corn can be dried and ground into cornmeal, which is then useful for baking as a replacement to wheat in some cases, and it has a slightly sweet flavor, and even in the drying and grinding process of corn into cornmeal, two bottles of corn oil can be extracted from a full cart of corn.

All in all, when connor get's a serious foothold into altering how the farmers of the halle territory go about agriculture, he's gonna revolutionize. twisted After all, when taking over the world, the best place to start is either food or pride.

Canny Trickster

*wakes up* I wasn't talking about world domination in my sleep was I? ninja

D_letion's Wife

Tipsy Sailor

korinzu
Harmonie and Happiness

Uneasy, though necessary trading and trade agreements do occur and are established, though their is a degree of self sufficiency.

The Halles: High food production (enough to provide for themselves and 3 other territories), Standing army (though it's not too big, but well trained), Navy, and what will be the knowledge to make steel of moderate and superior quality. (if not the best steel in history, but this will be limited to a few weapons.)

Hmm, this could outline much of what Connor can offer to increase these aspects even more. Gonna turn halle into a must have ally by increasing food quality and production even higher.

Around the time period theme the roleplay is set up, farmers would have been using either 3 step farming method, where normally out of a single plot of earth, 2 crops could be grown and harvested through out the year, one period to grow and harvest say, wheat, and another period for something else, such as barley, and what not, and then the 3rd period nothing is planted to allow the soil to rest and regain nutrients so your not over farming the soil and killing the nutrients. This can be advanced to a four step farming method, where the normal two crops can be planted, but in the time between the two major crops, crops such as turnip can be planted witch have minimal impact on the soil by using nutrients not normally consumed and restoring nutrients that other crops use, the same can be done with clovers which restore a great deal of nutrients to the soil. In this way, the soil's nutrients can be restored without giving it a chance to rest, thus raising the efficiency of farming. The clovers and turnips can then be used as feed for livestock, to cut down on food sources used for them, and keep them fed, while feeding people, thus enabling more livestock to be spared for winter salughter. Thus increasing crop yields and yeild from livestock and the connected resources from livestock, as I've mentioned before, such as wool from sheep, milk from cows, etc.

This can be further enhanced with the compost method, making compost and spreading into the soil to enrich soil with nutrients and seaweed can enhance this effect. Further, if a farm were to take on more crops, then crop rotation can be used, where crops are rotated between plots of soil, to restore nutrients to the soil, and at the same time, minimizing the population of pests as well.

This solves many issues of resources and renewing them for the benefit of the local farmers ad using the relatively same amount of labor to increase yields. Plus the more temperament land of the halles is better suited for growing corn, though they can still grow potato as well. Potato can effectively be planted and harvested 3 times a year, which produces a lot, if done right, and since it's an undeground crop, it's safe from the issues above ground crops suffer from, and has a menagerie of uses. Corn is a wonderful crop, where it's application can be used from human food, to feeding livestock in bulk, a full cart of corn can be dried and ground into cornmeal, which is then useful for baking as a replacement to wheat in some cases, and it has a slightly sweet flavor, and even in the drying and grinding process of corn into cornmeal, two bottles of corn oil can be extracted from a full cart of corn.

All in all, when connor get's a serious foothold into altering how the farmers of the halle territory go about agriculture, he's gonna revolutionize. twisted After all, when taking over the world, the best place to start is either food or pride.

Well usually that system works best with Corns, Beans, and Squash.
Each one helps fertilize the other so your ground never "dies"

Also, I thought that system wasn't known until the 1500's or when people started moving over to the Americas. Since that is essentially a native american thing.

Canny Trickster

Harmonie and Happiness
korinzu
Harmonie and Happiness

Well usually that system works best with Corns, Beans, and Squash.
Each one helps fertilize the other so your ground never "dies"

Also, I thought that system wasn't known until the 1500's or when people started moving over to the Americas. Since that is essentially a native american thing.

Yeah, some of these systems aren't native to medieval europe, but then again, the roleplay isn't necessarily medieval europe either, and the land of the halle is the most western territory on the map, same as america. Though there are a number of plants and processes, enviromental conditions and such tat contribute to the restoration of nutrient rich soil. Hell, crop rotation even plays a big role in preventing soil erosion.

But this is more my ramblings of possible future plans that'll take a good portion of time to enact, partially because seasonal changes, when to do this, when to do that, preparing farmers with knowledge and the soil itself for the change. there's a lot of work involved in agriculture alone. Connor's gonna be buried in paperwork. gonk

On another note though, Production of steel from the halle's will be easier and trickier. The setting up and the process of getting it done will be the simpler issue, but the problem lies in resources; Iron and charcoal. While I'm sure there's a supply of iron and wood the halle's have access to, but if steel production is going to benefit, then it needs to be done in larger quantitis, and while a more moderate steel can be mass produced and fairly cheaply, while the superior steel is more labor intensive, the mass production method will be easier on resources going in and the returns, while the superior steel, not so much. But still, mass production will require larger amounts of wood to make charcoal and iron for the metal. would the halles be capable of acquiring this? it's possible they could enforce an acqusition of metals in their lands, where spare metal is brought by the commoners, they're paid for their efforts, that metal would be dedicated for the superior method are more or less, raw iron ore is needed for the mass production method.

Am I getting away from myself here? If so I apologize, I'm just excited. emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff