Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Doodle time happened!
Wiggle, Harm, and I got on Drawpile and derped up a thing. haha.
Have fun.
I did promise p***s in the chat, but... alas, this is gaia and it has been blocked out.
All the same, the image is huge, so be warned.

User Image

Noble Noob

The ship bug has got me *clenches chest* going down!
User Image

Divine Muse

cuuuuuuuuuuuuute

Canny Trickster

thinking about modifying Connor's profile a bit. Making his weapon of choice an iron staff instead of a sword. Seems more like his character to have a peaceful weapon like a staff, but make it brutal by making it iron. Just a passing thought. Feedback?
korinzu
thinking about modifying Connor's profile a bit. Making his weapon of choice an iron staff instead of a sword. Seems more like his character to have a peaceful weapon like a staff, but make it brutal by making it iron. Just a passing thought. Feedback?

Dude that's an awesome idea. Although don't be caught dead in a thunderstorm.

Hi all I was thinking of applying for the rp. Hows it going?

Vicious Soldier

11,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Well, after finishing the last of the Asimov books (which were placed on the shelf accordingly) I must spend the last of my days looking for science fiction that can defeat it. I know of only a few novels that can only compete with the novels themselves, but will always fall short due to their lack of introducing any real questions about human life, psychology, and humanity as a whole. The question of "May a robot become human by acting human" is harder to answer than one would think.

All that considered, it is one of the slowest series of books I've read. Most of the dialogue is spent in describing the technology, the Laws, and the way in which the Laws are applied to whatever situation has occurred.

Action, while short and brief, is well described however.

Dapper Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Royman89
korinzu

Dude that's an awesome idea. Although don't be caught dead in a thunderstorm.

Hi all I was thinking of applying for the rp. Hows it going?

Hey!
What's up?
Who are you thinking of applying for?
D_letion
Hey!
What's up?
Who are you thinking of applying for?

Hey, I'm note entirely sure. I work nights and found the rp recently so I need to go over the info and make sure I didn't miss anything.
I think I'd play the open shifter or the healer, although can anyone answer what exactly the healer is? Also, if I wanted to bring a druid character on the scene is it possible to have them brought in? Just wondering.

Dapper Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Royman89
I think I'd play the open shifter or the healer, although can anyone answer what exactly the healer is? Also, if I wanted to bring a druid character on the scene is it possible to have them brought in? Just wondering.

haha.
Sweet!
and yeah, appreciate that you're going over info before submitting. We've had a few mishaps where it's clear people haven't gone over anything, and simply submitted like.... elf princesses or something like that. :/

The open shifter role is great! We would love to have them!
The healer role is the one on the North, yeah?

Essentially, the Latham healer is more important than the others because we expect he'll be used more, both for the war and outside of it. Most of the other families have 'maesters', and this guy is essentially the same, but has a ton of knowledge about healing, perhaps a bit beyond most others during this time period.

Reason being:
The idea behind the healer is that they would be essential to the Lathams, especially the new Lord. His profile has the info, but he has a health condition that essentially sends him into stroke when oxygen can't get to the brain fast enough, or his brain can't process that it is getting oxygen. It's a heart and brain issue (though I'm not sure how much medieval people would know of that. They might just think it's a heart issue). Essentially, it's the 'falling' disease (old-timey name for it).

Because of this and it's dangers, the young Lord has had different dietary requirements, is constantly getting potions, and likely has a close relationship with the healer. Added stress of rule and war, and I would think the healer becomes super necessary.

Aside from just that, though, he would potentially be tending and running much of the operations and giving instructions to many during the war to aid in healing the injured or the sick. Because of his potentially vast knowledge of that field, he would be a super strong asset during war-times, assuming biological warfare came into play, or just general illness happened to start spreading about the troops.

also, anything else you can think of that would elaborate upon that role. haha.
Korinzu created a character centered around the idea of economics of a war, but like.. he has other uses and other plots formulating with the character. smile

Dapper Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Royman89

Forgot to add stuff about the Druid (sorry!)
um... it honestly depends on what you're trying to do with them.
Like, idk if you've played Dungeons and Dragons, or RPG's where the druids like... shift into animals and things like that and are 'nature magic' people, but I would say that it's less likely if that's the plan with them.

I would say, consider a more traditional druid sort of character (like, historical). They did believe in the power of nature, nature spirits, and had rituals and other such things, but they weren't like... shifting into animals and trees and things like that.

I might want to ask the other mods about it, though, to see what their opinions are as well.
I'm not exactly sure how magic works in this rp, but no- not shifting into a animal with the druid. And ya, I have played D&D and wasn't much of a fan of that for druids personally. But no, more of the traditional with a splash of weather manipulation, plant, etc... I was planning on perhaps having the healer be a druid. Then a shapeshifter for another role maybe. What is the purpose behind them besides being a symbol?

Dapper Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Royman89
I'm not exactly sure how magic works in this rp, but no- not shifting into a animal with the druid. And ya, I have played D&D and wasn't much of a fan of that for druids personally. But no, more of the traditional with a splash of weather manipulation, plant, etc... I was planning on perhaps having the healer be a druid. Then a shapeshifter for another role maybe. What is the purpose behind them besides being a symbol?

so...
this might put a wrench in your plans...

Magic is highly limited.
The only magic we have present is blood magic used kinda like alchemy with an emphasis on learning how to use it and having to be taught. It's sort of seen as "old world" magic, and is essentially wiped out from most people's knowledge. The only ones who know how to use it are those present within the cult, because it is a part of their worship and helps them determine rank within it.

Also, shapeshifters are limited to the roles specified within the royal houses.
Reason being; they are seen almost as a physical representation of that family's Divine Right to Rule. Legend is that it was a gift from the major deity (the faceless king), to give these families this divine right to rule and the power to maintain it.

Canny Trickster

D_letion

Royman89

Hiyo. I'm open for talking about this as well.

I had a plot idea forming about using druids in line for the odd squad group of David, Florenz and now speirr.

Basically they are traditional druids that, through rituals create a connection to commune with the divine, not necessarily granting abilities, but they are intensely protective of nature and in balance with it, and use their divine connection to keep that balance. There are some other things to work out, but if your wanting to make a druid, perhaps your character can be worked into that possible plot point?

Thing was, my character speirr was going to stumble onto the group with David and florenz in tow, though they would initially be diverted like other humans because they have like, some kind of ward that misdirects a sentient beings attention away from their territory, but because of speirr's connection to animals and nature, he's able to bypass that ward without issue. And david would be brought to the druids, where they'd help her strengthen her connection to the faceless king in order to better know what she must do, in order to save the world...type deal.

still a work in process. xp
korinzu
D_letion

Royman89

Hiyo. I'm open for talking about this as well.

I had a plot idea forming about using druids in line for the odd squad group of David, Florenz and now speirr.

Basically they are traditional druids that, through rituals create a connection to commune with the divine, not necessarily granting abilities, but they are intensely protective of nature and in balance with it, and use their divine connection to keep that balance. There are some other things to work out, but if your wanting to make a druid, perhaps your character can be worked into that possible plot point?

Thing was, my character speirr was going to stumble onto the group with David and florenz in tow, though they would initially be diverted like other humans because they have like, some kind of ward that misdirects a sentient beings attention away from their territory, but because of speirr's connection to animals and nature, he's able to bypass that ward without issue. And david would be brought to the druids, where they'd help her strengthen her connection to the faceless king in order to better know what she must do, in order to save the world...type deal.

still a work in process. xp

I'd be down. But as far as abilities go, I think it would be safe to assume if you have a order arising from no where, they would be able to train in a art of magic that would be kept from the known world. Because the ancient druids were a people all to their selves. Mostly, the idea of light magick or white magic is what I think that they should be able to tap into. Although this would be limited. Ancient druids believed that all things had a essence. If you knew the name you'd have power over it, etc.. etc.. They should be skilled in the arts of forestry or rangery. Capable at the bow. #thinkofelves.

Not going to the extent of wizardry or anything like that, but I think it would make sense if they had some powers over nature, causing it to rain, being able to sense running rivers. Though I'm not entirely sure what blood magic does in this world, but protection magic is what I think your hinting at.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff