Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Noob

m r s n u q q e t

i recently got my septum pierced emotion_dowant
it's still on the sore side, however it's healing quite nicely.

what are some ways to clean the piercing? any product recommendations? lol
I need a little help maybe?
so my piercer said to wait 7-10 days to switch to a shorter post for my tongue but she said it could be as soon as 4-5 days to change to a shorter post if there's not much swelling (very few of my piercings swell, at least the last four I've gotten haven't swollen much). I'm on day 2 and honestly, what's causing me the most pain is where the end of the post is digging into the top and bottom of my mouth when I shut it; I have bruises in both places.
would changing it on the 3rd or 4th day be too soon?
hello my modified brothers and sisters! <3
I'm Inkie, piercing apprentice to a professional APP approved piercer, tattooed, pierced, in PA and Ohio's local Body Suspension team. Been away from gaia for a good year now, looking to make some new friends on here :3
~where'd everyone go? lol

Demonic Lover

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Got this yesterday.☠

Tipsy Ladykiller

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
InkieDink
We're slow. Not much of a welcome wagon around this joint. But, hallo!

Cannibal Girls
Got this yesterday.☠
It's...it's...SO ADORBZ

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
does anyone know if it's alright to stretch your lobes with a plug? I'm at a 10g rn and i want to get up to an 8 and then a 6 but buying tapers AND plugs is getting pricey.

Demonic Lover

Proxie Aeror
InkieDink
We're slow. Not much of a welcome wagon around this joint. But, hallo!

Cannibal Girls
Got this yesterday.☠
It's...it's...SO ADORBZ
☠Thank you. It took 3 hours. ^3^☠

Tipsy Ladykiller

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
Oliva the Bootstrapper
does anyone know if it's alright to stretch your lobes with a plug? I'm at a 10g rn and i want to get up to an 8 and then a 6 but buying tapers AND plugs is getting pricey.
Some people can, as long as it's not a double flare, but I don't recommend it. It's safer to use the PFTE tape method if you want to use plugs instead of tapers while stretching.

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
Proxie Aeror
Oliva the Bootstrapper
Some people can, as long as it's not a double flare, but I don't recommend it. It's safer to use the PFTE tape method if you want to use plugs instead of tapers while stretching.
yeah i bought a single flare to size up to 8 and then i grabbed a saddle for the switch to size 6, might use tape for that one though lol thank you

Witty Girl

User Image

Um... I want to get a navel piercing. Can I get some advice on what to expect? I read an article that told me that I can't use gold or Acrylic belly rings. I'm only supposed to use steel? Is this true? Because I really like faux pearl belly rings, but I think they're acrylic.

User Image

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
TlRA MlSU
User Image

Um... I want to get a navel piercing. Can I get some advice on what to expect? I read an article that told me that I can't use gold or Acrylic belly rings. I'm only supposed to use steel? Is this true? Because I really like faux pearl belly rings, but I think they're acrylic.

User Image

You can use different materials than just steel - which is a pretty broad term. Most piercers use "Implant grade" or "Surgical steel," on new clients unless they have a pre-existing nickel allergy. Other popular metal types are titanium and platinum. You can request something such as glass, niobium, plastic, gold and bioplast, but it depends on if they have it in stock. I have a severe nickel allergy so all of my piercings have to be super high grade metal, which means I'm usually having to special order my jewelry in.

But acrylic is very VERY porous which means that it will absorb the natural gunk wonders that your body secretes, raising the risk of infection tenfold. It also will begin to degrade and break down in your skin, which will ******** you up like crazy. Especially when it breaks.

Eloquent Vampire

TlRA MlSU
User Image

User Image
The end pieces on the jewelry itself can vary, but you want to avoid acrylic at all costs in either the beads/ends or the barbell/shaft itself. The bar itself, the part that goes through and into your body, must be a body-safe and non-reactive material, and metal is almost always the way to go, glass being the other option. Most commonly the metals used are certain grades of steel, titanium, or niobium. Titanium and niobium are also the only two metals that can be colored through a process of anodization. The only color unavailable completely is red, and the only way to get black is with niobium.

So there are lots of options, you just have to talk to your piercer about what you want and what's safe to use.
Proxie Aeror

awe thank you for the greeting!
i remember this forum from years ago. coming back on and where im at in life now seems to only suit my need for being here xD

Tipsy Ladykiller

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
InkieDink
Proxie Aeror

awe thank you for the greeting!
i remember this forum from years ago. coming back on and where im at in life now seems to only suit my need for being here xD
There's a side thread that was spawned from us being all off topic, I'm not sure where it is anymore though. There's maybe like 4 regs in here and some lurkers.

A lot has changed in the few years XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces