Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Eloquent Vampire

Ferocious Tendencies
Jagger-Wolf
Ferocious Tendencies
I have a question about my bridge piercing.
I've had it since September and every now and then I get little bumps under the exit holes. Usually after several days of applying saline solution they recede until the piercing gets irritated again. Ive had one under the left side for several weeks now and I've been applying the saline solution but this time it doesnt seem to be doing the trick.
I called the place that pierced it but they wouldnt give any advice over the phone and I cant go to where I got it done. I called another place who told me I needed to see a doctor but that seems a little silly.
Any advice on what to do?
It's probably HT scarring, hypertrophic scarring. It comes from irritation to the piercing, tugging on the jewelry, traumatic accidents like getting hit in the face, hair brushes, etc. Basically any sort of trauma can cause it to form, it's pretty common.

The easiest way to treat it is probably with tea tree oil, or TTO for short (we use a lot of acronyms here sweatdrop ). Anyway, you can get it at most any drug store, health food/supply store, some grocery stores will carry it in their natural foods/organic section by the shampoos and soaps and such. Soak a q-tip with the TTO, dab it on the scarring after each sea salt soak you do, then let it air dry. It will dry out the scarring and make it peel away. Don't pick it or peel it off, just keep soaking and dabbing and it should clear up soon.

If you have sensitive or easily irritated skin, though, this may not be a good option for you since TTO is pretty drying and aggravating to delicate skin. Keep it out of your eyes, so be careful when applying.
I do have some issues with sensitive skin... is there an option that won't irritate my skin too bad? If not, I guess I can deal with the irritation until they go down.
The other option would be an aspirin paste. This is also drying, that's the point to get rid of the scarring, but not as irritatingly-drying.

Get some basic, uncoated aspirin pills from the drug store. You can also get individual packs with powdered aspirin in them, each pack is one pill. Either crush the pill as finely as you can, or take one powdered pack, and add a drop of water to it at a time to make a paste. Apply the paste to the scarring, let it dry 5-7 minutes, then rinse it off. This is also a standard old-fashioned acne treatment remedy, too. 3nodding

I personally find TTO to be much more effective than aspirin pastes, but then again, my skin is a machine. Nothing really bothers it, so any potentially irritating or excessive drying effects TTO may have I've never really experienced.

A third option would also be chamomile tea bag compresses. I find these completely ineffective for me, personally, but I've heard other people have had success with it. It's just what it sounds like: pick up some chamomile tea from the grocery store (just chamomile, avoid blends), brew it in warm water, then compress the tea bag itself to the scarring for about 5 minutes at a time. It's incredibly soothing to irritated piercings in general, so it's good for that, too. And you can sip the tea as you soak as well. Because who doesn't love a good cuppa?

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

Jagger-Wolf
Ferocious Tendencies
Jagger-Wolf
Ferocious Tendencies
I have a question about my bridge piercing.
I've had it since September and every now and then I get little bumps under the exit holes. Usually after several days of applying saline solution they recede until the piercing gets irritated again. Ive had one under the left side for several weeks now and I've been applying the saline solution but this time it doesnt seem to be doing the trick.
I called the place that pierced it but they wouldnt give any advice over the phone and I cant go to where I got it done. I called another place who told me I needed to see a doctor but that seems a little silly.
Any advice on what to do?
It's probably HT scarring, hypertrophic scarring. It comes from irritation to the piercing, tugging on the jewelry, traumatic accidents like getting hit in the face, hair brushes, etc. Basically any sort of trauma can cause it to form, it's pretty common.

The easiest way to treat it is probably with tea tree oil, or TTO for short (we use a lot of acronyms here sweatdrop ). Anyway, you can get it at most any drug store, health food/supply store, some grocery stores will carry it in their natural foods/organic section by the shampoos and soaps and such. Soak a q-tip with the TTO, dab it on the scarring after each sea salt soak you do, then let it air dry. It will dry out the scarring and make it peel away. Don't pick it or peel it off, just keep soaking and dabbing and it should clear up soon.

If you have sensitive or easily irritated skin, though, this may not be a good option for you since TTO is pretty drying and aggravating to delicate skin. Keep it out of your eyes, so be careful when applying.
I do have some issues with sensitive skin... is there an option that won't irritate my skin too bad? If not, I guess I can deal with the irritation until they go down.
The other option would be an aspirin paste. This is also drying, that's the point to get rid of the scarring, but not as irritatingly-drying.

Get some basic, uncoated aspirin pills from the drug store. You can also get individual packs with powdered aspirin in them, each pack is one pill. Either crush the pill as finely as you can, or take one powdered pack, and add a drop of water to it at a time to make a paste. Apply the paste to the scarring, let it dry 5-7 minutes, then rinse it off. This is also a standard old-fashioned acne treatment remedy, too. 3nodding

I personally find TTO to be much more effective than aspirin pastes, but then again, my skin is a machine. Nothing really bothers it, so any potentially irritating or excessive drying effects TTO may have I've never really experienced.

A third option would also be chamomile tea bag compresses. I find these completely ineffective for me, personally, but I've heard other people have had success with it. It's just what it sounds like: pick up some chamomile tea from the grocery store (just chamomile, avoid blends), brew it in warm water, then compress the tea bag itself to the scarring for about 5 minutes at a time. It's incredibly soothing to irritated piercings in general, so it's good for that, too. And you can sip the tea as you soak as well. Because who doesn't love a good cuppa?
Thank you for the suggestions!

Kindly Giver

So I've always wanted a tattoo behind my ear and I've always loved how they look, but I have a few questions about them.

First of all, am I right to assume that you have to do something really simple there because it's such a small space to work with?

And am I also right to assume that because it's where you wash your hair all the time, it'll fade faster?

Also, how much does it hurt? I'm assuming it's one of the more painful places to get a tattoo, due to its location. I know pain is relative, but I'm curious if anyone else has done it?

I have read before that some tattoo artists will refuse to tattoo certain parts of your body, is this one of the places they refuse to do it?

I have a few designs in mind, that are really simplistic, so I am just curious.

Dapper Fatcat

Inorganic Adhesive
So I've always wanted a tattoo behind my ear and I've always loved how they look, but I have a few questions about them.

First of all, am I right to assume that you have to do something really simple there because it's such a small space to work with?

And am I also right to assume that because it's where you wash your hair all the time, it'll fade faster?

Also, how much does it hurt? I'm assuming it's one of the more painful places to get a tattoo, due to its location. I know pain is relative, but I'm curious if anyone else has done it?

I have read before that some tattoo artists will refuse to tattoo certain parts of your body, is this one of the places they refuse to do it?

somthing i can help with!
[x]
oddly enough its not very painfull,(out of my two tattoos id say this is waay less painfull the other is right above my knee and on the side of my leg) ive had mine for about 6 months now and i haven't had any trouble with fading, but your going to want to rub lotion on it after you get out of the shower for about the next month

Kindly Giver

-Lo Va Tits-
Inorganic Adhesive

somthing i can help with!
[x]
oddly enough its not very painfull,(out of my two tattoos id say this is waay less painfull the other is right above my knee and on the side of my leg) ive had mine for about 6 months now and i haven't had any trouble with fading, but your going to want to rub lotion on it after you get out of the shower for about the next month

Okay, awesome, thanks! I got one on my foot, and I heard that was supposed to be really painful, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. (:

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Hi there. My name is Loona. I am interested and have done some body modification. I have two tattoos. One on each shoulder. I am going to be getting my eyebrow, nose, and nipples repeirced. I plan on getting a lot more tattoos. For me it is part of my spirituality and my self identification. My tattoos will tell people things about me and my life.

Right now all my major work is planed to have significant religious and spiritual tones to them. As a witch and a Pagan I have used the pain of the tattoo to get into a trance for communication with those deities and spirits. I am planning an entire back peice and two full sleevs of this sort of symbolism. My legs are most likely going to have other significant meaning to me. I plan on having a few Invader Zim tats, a sailor Moon Tat, Doctor Who, and maybe a Stargate.

I am a freelance part time model. I hope to through my various tats and body modifications to become well known in the alt and BodyModification world. I just need to get more work done before I can consider myself a serious body modification model. I don't mind. It just takes time and money to be saved up.

The last thing I will mention is that I have a slight interest in scarification and branding as forms of body modification. I have no experience with them being done professionally yet, but the idea and concepts do interest me. I've pondered getting "fang" like teeth inserted to be more feline, but I think I'll not do it.

So that's my Intro.

Thanks for having me. If you have any questions or would like to see pics of my two tats let me know.

Eloquent Vampire

Loona Wynd
I've pondered getting "fang" like teeth inserted to be more feline, but I think I'll not do it.

So that's my Intro.

Thanks for having me. If you have any questions or would like to see pics of my two tats let me know.
If you really wanted to look into getting fangs, pop into your local dental lab or dental lab school and ask if they can make pop-in caps for you. That's what I have.

Mine are made by a dental lab tech who frequents areas around Seattle at various times of year to make fangs. I know of two places he's at frequently: A local occult shop called Gargoyles around Halloween, and he's pretty much always at Sakura-Con in Seattle every spring. They're exactly the same type of top quality dental replacements you'd get from the dentist. They're custom molded to my teeth specifically, pop in and out with no adhesives or anything like. I don't lisp with them in, either, no speech impediments whatsoever. However, I can't eat with them in, or drink anything other than water (tea and coffee and dark sodas will stain the teeth, alcohol will break down the boding agent and make them not fit right overtime). Other than that, they're the best you can get outside of more permanent options.

This double pair cost me $100, down from $120 for a bit of inconvenience, I was a repeat customer, and I paid him in cash.
User Image

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Jagger-Wolf
If you really wanted to look into getting fangs, pop into your local dental lab or dental lab school and ask if they can make pop-in caps for you. That's what I have.
That would work very well for photo shoots and outings. Yours look great. I love the pic. I may look into that with further thought.

Eloquent Vampire

Loona Wynd
Jagger-Wolf
That would work very well for photo shoots and outings. Yours look great. I love the pic. I may look into that with further thought.

I wear mine pretty regularly, just because I love them so much. These are my "Interview with the Vampire" double set. My other set is just a single pair. I've gotten several compliments on them, too. The nice ladies at the local yarn store tell me all the time how cute I am. sweatdrop

If that ends up not being an option for you, look into getting Scarecrow brand fangs. They're probably the best ready-made fangs available, and you make the custom molding yourself very simply. These are probably the best ones, I think the subtle or small type looks better than the long ones, but that's just me:
http://www.vampfangs.com/Scarecrow-Subtle-Small-Custom-Vampire-Fangs-p/sksm.htm

Mine are custom colored to my teeth, but Scarecrow ones are not, unfortunately. They'e the sort of generic color that most people's teeth are, but there's no guarantee they'll match yours. Mine are also quite sharp, I've bitten my lip and bled more than once. Scarecrow's are much rounder on the the tips, so that risk is eliminated.

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Jagger-Wolf
Loona Wynd
Jagger-Wolf

I wear mine pretty regularly, just because I love them so much. These are my "Interview with the Vampire" double set. My other set is just a single pair. I've gotten several compliments on them, too. The nice ladies at the local yarn store tell me all the time how cute I am. sweatdrop

If that ends up not being an option for you, look into getting Scarecrow brand fangs. They're probably the best ready-made fangs available, and you make the custom molding yourself very simply. These are probably the best ones, I think the subtle or small type looks better than the long ones, but that's just me:

Mine are custom colored to my teeth, but Scarecrow ones are not, unfortunately. They'e the sort of generic color that most people's teeth are, but there's no guarantee they'll match yours. Mine are also quite sharp, I've bitten my lip and bled more than once. Scarecrow's are much rounder on the the tips, so that risk is eliminated.
I think I've seen that brand around before. I know a lot of people that had those in high school for when they were really gothing out. I had several friends who were vampires at the time (I say were because I am not sure if they are still involved with the lifestyle and subculture any more or not).

Eloquent Vampire

Loona Wynd
Jagger-Wolf
Loona Wynd
Jagger-Wolf

I think I've seen that brand around before. I know a lot of people that had those in high school for when they were really gothing out. I had several friends who were vampires at the time (I say were because I am not sure if they are still involved with the lifestyle and subculture any more or not).
I wear mine because I like vampires, not because I think I am one. I wear them because I think they're cool, and they really do look amazing. Comfortable, too. I feel sort of cat-ish sometimes when I wear them (I also wear them with my real fur tail and Yaya Han cat ears for my last-minute "Holy crap what am I gonna do?!" cat costume, and they're awesome).

You see them a lot around Halloween, in Halloween stores, and Hot Topic used to carry some pretty regularly. I haven't been in a Hot Topic for years, so I don't know if they still carry any, even around Halloween.

They really are quite amazing. For ready-made fangs, Scarecrow is the best on the market. If you want to experiment with pop-in fang caps before dropping bigger money on stuff like mine, then these are totally the way to go. They have all sorts of different styles, sizes, and colors, too.

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Jagger-Wolf
I wear mine because I like vampires, not because I think I am one.
I have friends that did both. For a while I believed I was a psychic energy vampire. Then I learned better energy manipulation skills and started to see how it was a mental health and spiritual health issue. I can now treat people for this psychic condition...but I've digressed a bit.

I may get into my thoughts on the extreme body modification artists I've seen on the show Taboo and at a heavy metal concert at another time where the vampire,therian,otherkin spiritual aspects of body modification would be relevant.

Jagger-Wolf
I wear them because I think they're cool, and they really do look amazing. Comfortable, too.
They looked cool and cute on you. When I showed my fiance' your picture he said not really. He doesn't go for labret or cheek piercings. I think that they can look cool. I myself am interested in a labret piercing for myself.
Jagger-Wolf
I feel sort of cat-ish sometimes when I wear them (I also wear them with my real fur tail and Yaya Han cat ears for my last-minute "Holy crap what am I gonna do?!" cat costume, and they're awesome).
I have ears and a tail as well as a fur vest that I wear. I have been thinking about making claw cloves for my hands and feety claw socks for my feet (that way I could wear sandals or something like that as foot wear if outdoors).

I am a human cat. One idea I have thought about doing to include that with the rest of my tattoos and body modifications is doing leopard or cheetah style spots up and down my back and side maybe around my my chest as well. The best example of what I can think about would be the Jaxia Dax character from Star Trek Deep Space 9.

Jagger-Wolf
You see them a lot around Halloween, in Halloween stores, and Hot Topic used to carry some pretty regularly. I haven't been in a Hot Topic for years, so I don't know if they still carry any, even around Halloween.
NewBurry or Newberry Comics carries them as well. It's something I have looked for. I don't know how often they carry them outside of Halloween any more. I do think I could request an order next time I am in there shopping for my alternative modeling clothes as well as new personal clothes.

Jagger-Wolf
They really are quite amazing. For ready-made fangs, Scarecrow is the best on the market. If you want to experiment with pop-in fang caps before dropping bigger money on stuff like mine, then these are totally the way to go. They have all sorts of different styles, sizes, and colors, too.
I thought I saw some that looked much more like cat fangs than vampire fangs. For me it wouldn't matter though. So long as the fang look is in it will work. I also need it for another costume I am working on for a spirit based photo shoot.

Eloquent Vampire

Loona Wynd
Mine technically aren't cheek piercings. Mine are way too close to the mouth for that. Cheek piercings are usually in the middle of the cheek itself. These are called Dahlia piercings, they're meant to replicate the way the Black Dahlia was mutilated. I've also seen them called Jokers for the same reason. To be anatomically technical, they'd be mouth corner labrets.

I have leopard rosettes, too. I've always been a cat person, and leopards are probably my favorite big wild cat. [rl=http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/Jagger-wolf/Body_Mods/001-2-1.jpg]One Two I had a house cat once who thought she was a cheetah. I'd watch "Big Cat Diary" on Animal Planet and she'd be hanging out with me. Any time the cheetahs were on screen she'd be wide eyed and excited, tail all twitchy and she'd sometimes even paw at the screen and chirp at them. She didn't care much for the lions or leopards, she only wanted to talk to the cheetahs. It was adorable. xd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Jagger-Wolf
Loona Wynd
Mine technically aren't cheek piercings. Mine are way too close to the mouth for that. Cheek piercings are usually in the middle of the cheek itself. These are called Dahlia piercings, they're meant to replicate the way the Black Dahlia was mutilated. I've also seen them called Jokers for the same reason. To be anatomically technical, they'd be mouth corner labrets.
I think it looks cool on you. If you like it then there is nothing wrong with it.

Jagger-Wolf
I have leopard rosettes, too. I've always been a cat person, and leopards are probably my favorite big wild cat. One Two
Cute. I love the hair as well. I am currently pale blue colored in the hair department. I need to wait a week to to a touchup. That's ok though. I'll probably do purple or fire engine red next time.
Jagger-Wolf
I had a house cat once who thought she was a cheetah. I'd watch "Big Cat Diary" on Animal Planet and she'd be hanging out with me. Any time the cheetahs were on screen she'd be wide eyed and excited, tail all twitchy and she'd sometimes even paw at the screen and chirp at them. She didn't care much for the lions or leopards, she only wanted to talk to the cheetahs. It was adorable. xd
Sounds cute.

Eloquent Vampire

NMR, but...
OFFICIALLY GOT MY SHAWL STARTED!!!

I am so excited. Like, I can't even tell you guys how happy I am that I've finally gotten this started. I've had to tweak the pattern just a bit to accommodate the smaller yarn I'm using, so I'm using US size 6 needles(4mm) rather than the size 8 (5mm) the pattern calls for. So it'll probably be a bit lacier than the pattern intends, but that's okay with me. I like it that way.

Progress pictures! This is after just 2-3 hours of work, once I got the garter tab issue resolved.
User Image
User Image
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out