Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Sexts
Can I get some input please?

I have a very low pain tolerance. Like when I had my septum pierced I almost fainted..although I think that was because I didn't eat much at all that day. Anyway, I want to get tattoos. Two infact, I've been set on getting these for over a year. I just don't know where. I don't want chest or arms, but I was thinking getting one on my ankles, feet on legs would be okay. I'd love to get them on my ankles but obviously thats right on a bone, would it be too painful? I was thinking I could get them on the back of my legs as an alternative but wouldn't that mean having to stand up for hours? I don't know much about tattoos at all. These are the ones I want by the way, only quite a bit smaller I think:

User Image

Also, any idea of price?

There's a million and a half variances for price, so no one but a tattoo artist could really give you an accurate idea of price.
Ankles and feet, "boney" areas really, are typically more painful. I imagine for back of calf you would lie down on your stomach.
TomRiddleisDead
Sexts

I have a very low pain tolerance. Like when I had my septum pierced I almost fainted..although I think that was because I didn't eat much at all that day. Anyway, I want to get tattoos. Two infact, I've been set on getting these for over a year. I just don't know where. I don't want chest or arms, but I was thinking getting one on my ankles, feet on legs would be okay. I'd love to get them on my ankles but obviously thats right on a bone, would it be too painful? I was thinking I could get them on the back of my legs as an alternative but wouldn't that mean having to stand up for hours? I don't know much about tattoos at all. These are the ones I want by the way, only quite a bit smaller I think:

User Image

Also, any idea of price?

There's a million and a half variances for price, so no one but a tattoo artist could really give you an accurate idea of price.
Ankles and feet, "boney" areas really, are typically more painful. I imagine for back of calf you would lie down on your stomach.

Oh alright, thanks for the information.
I've heard that. I lwould have been set on getting them on my feet if it didn't look so painful.

I'm starting to think about getting them a little bit above my ankles though. I just hope it isn't too painful because I'm a jumpy person, I don't want to end up messing it up or irritating the artist.

Eloquent Vampire

Sexts

Also, any idea of price?
You will not be tattooed standing, at all. Assuming you get tattoos on the thighs like that, you will stand while the stencils are placed, but once you give the artist the all clear to start, you'll be sitting, lying, reclining, etc. Not standing.

If you're looking to decrease your pain factor, stay away from areas with bone close to the surface, areas of thin or sensitive skin. You want meaty areas, muscley areas, more tough areas. Some people will snap themselves with a rubber band, or whack themselves with a pencil. In the areas those things hurt most, that's probably going to be a painful place to get tattooed. The best areas seem to be shoulders, upper arms, back of the shoulder/upper back, calves, etc. Feet and ankles are known to be one of the more painful areas.

Most tattoo pain I equate to raking a fork down a pretty severe sunburn. It stings and burns, the vibration from the machine is incredibly annoying, but once the machine is moved away from the skin, it's just hot and burny and bruised-feeling.
Jagger-Wolf
Sexts

Also, any idea of price?
You will not be tattooed standing, at all. Assuming you get tattoos on the thighs like that, you will stand while the stencils are placed, but once you give the artist the all clear to start, you'll be sitting, lying, reclining, etc. Not standing.

If you're looking to decrease your pain factor, stay away from areas with bone close to the surface, areas of thin or sensitive skin. You want meaty areas, muscley areas, more tough areas. Some people will snap themselves with a rubber band, or whack themselves with a pencil. In the areas those things hurt most, that's probably going to be a painful place to get tattooed. The best areas seem to be shoulders, upper arms, back of the shoulder/upper back, calves, etc. Feet and ankles are known to be one of the more painful areas.

Most tattoo pain I equate to raking a fork down a pretty severe sunburn. It stings and burns, the vibration from the machine is incredibly annoying, but once the machine is moved away from the skin, it's just hot and burny and bruised-feeling.

Thanks for the useful info, yeah I think the biggest problem for me is that I'm quite thin and so the only places where I'm not boney is my upper thighs and arms. I decided I didn't really want them there though, because with my thighs you probably wouldn't see them and I'm trying to avoid the torso. I'm planning to be a nurse so I need to get them somewhere discreet. Ideally I'd like the bottom sides of my feet or upper ankle but I'm going to have to think it over.

Do you think there's anyway to numb the pain?

Eloquent Vampire

Sexts
Jagger-Wolf
Sexts

Also, any idea of price?

Thanks for the useful info, yeah I think the biggest problem for me is that I'm quite thin and so the only places where I'm not boney is my upper thighs and arms. I decided I didn't really want them there though, because with my thighs you probably wouldn't see them and I'm trying to avoid the torso. I'm planning to be a nurse so I need to get them somewhere discreet. Ideally I'd like the bottom sides of my feet or upper ankle but I'm going to have to think it over.

Do you think there's anyway to numb the pain?
There is no way to numb a tattoo. There is a product that can be used AFTER the skin is already perforated, but a lot of artists don't use it, I have never actually met one that does, and it kinda defeats the purpose of numbing pain when you're already almost done before you can actually use it.

And don't even think of taking any drugs, illegal or legal, or drinking alcohol before the appointment to "numb the pain". If the artist knows you're under the influence of any substance, they won't tattoo you. And if you lie on your release form, saying that you are NOT under the influence of any substances and you are, they will not be responsible for any problems you may have with the tattoo later on. Alcohol is also a blood thinner so you will bleed more during the tattoo, and excessive bleeding will also make the tattooist stop their work.

The pain of a tattoo is a bit of a right of passage, anyway. You take the pain to result in something beautiful and something you love, and you're more proud to show it off.
Jagger-Wolf
LUX AURUMQU3
Jagger-Wolf
LUX AURUMQU3
Hey guys, what do you think of this artist?
Melissa
I just found this shop today and she has the most pictures of a watercolour type style of tattooing out of all the galleries.
I already REALLY like the work of this artist Mandy, but I want to have options, you know?
Mandy's humans and faces aren't that good, like her Rosie the Riveter and Betty Paige aren't too awesome, but everything else looks good.

Melissa looks pretty good all around. I'd say it's almost sixes between the two, just maybe depends on their prices, distance, availability, and what you wanna get.

I don't really like portrait tattoos, so that's not something I'd ever get haha.
I'm more interested in their colourful stuff that has little to no black linework, particularly their floral and water type pieces.
Portrait tattoos seem really hard anyway, I am terrified to ever get a realistic portrait done ever. I'd pay good money and travel great distances to get a good, renowned portrait artist to do it specifically.

Otherwise, they both look great. Non-black lined floral tattoos are beautiful, I like how they're kind of subtle, delicate, and just super pretty when done well. DO IT!

Ideally, I'd like to go through Mandy for floral type stuff because I really like what I've seen by her, and Melissa would be a second option.
The only thing is about 6-8 months ago, Mandy said on the shop FB that she was going to start taking on only big pieces, and I don't know how big I'd have to go in order to get her to work on me.
Also, I'm not really sure what exactly I'd get or where, but I've been looking up lots of flowers.
I definitely want light pink lilies of the valley, since they're my birth month flower.
I'd also like to incorporate dogwood blossoms, since they're my provincial flower.
I'm also contemplating California poppies and the Alberta Wild Rose.
All of the flowers I'm thinking about are significant to my life in some way.
Obviously I've (probably) got a long life ahead of me, so I'd probably add more to it as things happen in my life haha.

Tipsy Explorer

(sorry mule account again)

So, I'm thinking of changing my face up =/ There's a current pic on my profile, if you click the (x) link. If you don't want to do all that work:

Bridge (14ga)
Double nostril (18ga)
Septum (18ga)
Vertical labret (16ga)
Cheekies (14ga)

I want to retire my veritcal for a standard center labret (to stretch, to hell with work! silicone flesh plugs) Get slanted vertical side labrets and a philitrum. The question, I know multiple piercings is generally bad for healing times. However, since these are all localized, your opinion on having all 4 done in one session?

Eloquent Vampire

oXCaddie_DeVilleXo

So, I'm thinking of changing my face up =/ There's a current pic on my profile, if you click the (x) link. If you don't want to do all that work:

Bridge (14ga)
Double nostril (18ga)
Septum (18ga)
Vertical labret (16ga)
Cheekies (14ga)

I want to retire my veritcal for a standard center labret (to stretch, to hell with work! silicone flesh plugs) Get slanted vertical side labrets and a philitrum. The question, I know multiple piercings is generally bad for healing times. However, since these are all localized, your opinion on having all 4 done in one session?
I, personally, would probably do two sets of 2 at a time. Like get the two vertical labrets at once, come back in 3-4 months, then do philtrum and center labret together. Taking care of four piercings at once could be a bit much, but two seems just fine for the majority of people.

Tipsy Explorer

Jagger-Wolf
oXCaddie_DeVilleXo

Bridge (14ga)
Double nostril (18ga)
Septum (18ga)
Vertical labret (16ga)
Cheekies (14ga)

I, personally, would probably do two sets of 2 at a time. Like get the two vertical labrets at once, come back in 3-4 months, then do philtrum and center labret together. Taking care of four piercings at once could be a bit much, but two seems just fine for the majority of people.
True. But my thought process for healing was "I can just make duckface into the shot glass" lol soak all 4 at once.

Eloquent Vampire

oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
Jagger-Wolf
oXCaddie_DeVilleXo

Bridge (14ga)
Double nostril (18ga)
Septum (18ga)
Vertical labret (16ga)
Cheekies (14ga)

True. But my thought process for healing was "I can just make duckface into the shot glass" lol soak all 4 at once.
Lawl, very true. If you do end up doing that, post pictures for us! It sounds hilarious. rofl

Tipsy Explorer

Jagger-Wolf
oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
Jagger-Wolf
oXCaddie_DeVilleXo

Bridge (14ga)
Double nostril (18ga)
Septum (18ga)
Vertical labret (16ga)
Cheekies (14ga)

Lawl, very true. If you do end up doing that, post pictures for us! It sounds hilarious. rofl
Lol totally. Hopefully I can get pierced with glass so work doesn't flip too much.

Also, I should have enough money to get my subdermal in a few weeks! Oh birthdays. Ears are on hold until XMas monies.
hey y'all
figured i could use some advice.

got my navel pierced 2 months ago now.
still have the original barbell in and still having problems with healing.

it goes from being okay and normal looking to having these flare ups of being red and tender (top hole only) and a little crusty.
i did the initial sea salt soaks, stopped for a bit when it appeared to have healed up, but have since picked them back up again to hopefully calm the irritation.

the top part of the barbell forever sticks out, this leads me to believe that it might be too long.
it sits normally when i stand but the top ends up sticking way out when i bend at the waist or sit down.
could that be part of the problem?
also wondering if i should try switching to a different type of metal?

any input would be nice.
planning on going back to the piercer if things don't improve soon.

Eloquent Vampire

deeluxe
hey y'all

it goes from being okay and normal looking to having these flare ups of being red and tender (top hole only) and a little crusty.
i did the initial sea salt soaks, stopped for a bit when it appeared to have healed up, but have since picked them back up again to hopefully calm the irritation.

the top part of the barbell forever sticks out, this leads me to believe that it might be too long.
it sits normally when i stand but the top ends up sticking way out when i bend at the waist or sit down.

any input would be nice.
I would get it switched to a smaller barbell if need be. You shouldn't have much hanging out, maybe just a millimeter or two of wiggle room. However, if you do get it switched and notice later on that now that barbell is too long and more barbell is showing than there was originally, it is probably rejecting. In that case, remove it completely, let it heal for a few months, then try again.

Navel piercings take much longer than just 2 months to be healed enough to not be angry on a semi-regular basis. Being surface piercings, they'll take a minimum of 4-6 months, or even longer, before the bitchy healing phase is over. Keep soaking, keep being gentle with it, and keep babying it.
Jagger-Wolf
deeluxe
hey y'all

any input would be nice.
I would get it switched to a smaller barbell if need be. You shouldn't have much hanging out, maybe just a millimeter or two of wiggle room. However, if you do get it switched and notice later on that now that barbell is too long and more barbell is showing than there was originally, it is probably rejecting. In that case, remove it completely, let it heal for a few months, then try again.

Navel piercings take much longer than just 2 months to be healed enough to not be angry on a semi-regular basis. Being surface piercings, they'll take a minimum of 4-6 months, or even longer, before the bitchy healing phase is over. Keep soaking, keep being gentle with it, and keep babying it.

that's what i figured.
it hadn't even occurred to me that it could be too long until i started doing some googling, thought it was a one size fits all kinda thing stressed

any certain place i should order from for a shorter one?
or a certain size?
i'm not even sure of the standard size tbh.

Eloquent Vampire

deeluxe
Jagger-Wolf
deeluxe
hey y'all

any input would be nice.

that's what i figured.
it hadn't even occurred to me that it could be too long until i started doing some googling, thought it was a one size fits all kinda thing stressed

any certain place i should order from for a shorter one?
or a certain size?
i'm not even sure of the standard size tbh.

Go to your piercer and get fitted. There is no way for us to know what length you need without seeing you, in person, and taking measurements. And you cannot return body jewelry, EVER, if it doesn't fit. As soon as the package is broken, even if you don't touch the jewelry inside, you're stuck with it.

When you get fitted, ask the piercer what length you were given, and double check the gauge. Once you know those two things, you can order online. My favorite place is www.bodyartforms.com, or BAF for short.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff