• Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
Horntastic
Artiistic
Horntastic
Artiistic
Horntastic
» Quote this for fast responses! «
Please read the red announcement in the first post regarding new/updated profiles before quoting this.

Hi, I have a problem loading my Wix profile on Gaia x__x Every time I open my profile it says "$SomethingWentWrong$ APPCONFIG.XML FILE NOT FOUND!" Pls help? ; w;

Are you still having this issue? If so, can you link me to your Wix page?

Gaia Profile
Wix Profile

The profile loads fine for me...
What browser do you have? Have you tried another? (/clearing cookies&cache?)
Specifically, if you use Chrome try IE or FF, or if you use IE or FF, try Chrome.
(if you have another computer you can try it on, even better)

I am having the same problem but I'll try it on my labtop before I bug you for help

Dapper Phantom

iFaust
I am having the same problem but I'll try it on my labtop before I bug you for help

I'm sorry for the slow response... but I don't think I can really do much for this issue without being able to reproduce it.
If you can tell me some things, it may help?
1. Does it happen on only one computer?
2. On the affected computer(s), does it happen on multiple (3+) browsers?

If 1 is yes and 2 is no, then try clearing temporary data and/or re-installing stuff like Flash or the affected browser(s).
If 1 is yes and 2 is also yes, ??? this makes it hard to determine, but try re-installing Flash anyway.
If 1 is no and 2 is yes, it could be something regional, but this is also hard to confirm.
If 1 is no and 2 is also no, it could be specific to that one browser, but this seems unlikely.

Ruthless Wolf

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
Horntastic
iFaust

I'm sorry for the slow response... but I don't think I can really do much for this issue without being able to reproduce it.

If 1 is yes and 2 is no, then try clearing temporary data and/or re-installing stuff like Flash or the affected browser(s).
If 1 is yes and 2 is also yes, ??? this makes it hard to determine, but try re-installing Flash anyway.
If 1 is no and 2 is yes, it could be something regional, but this is also hard to confirm.
If 1 is no and 2 is also no, it could be specific to that one browser, but this seems unlikely.

Its alright thank you anyways
Its only on the computer, no wix profiles work for me on it

Dapper Phantom

iFaust
Horntastic
iFaust

Ok, your best bet is to try multiple browsers and re-install Flash.
Use this Adobe help article to learn how to completely uninstall Flash before re-installing it.
You will also want to clear all temporary data, like cookies/cache, and if it's only one browser try disabling add-ons temporarily.

Ruthless Wolf

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
Horntastic
iFaust
Horntastic
iFaust

Ok, your best bet is to try multiple browsers and re-install Flash.
Use this Adobe help article to learn how to completely uninstall Flash before re-installing it.
You will also want to clear all temporary data, like cookies/cache, and if it's only one browser try disabling add-ons temporarily.

Alright thank you very much ^.^

Trash

15,750 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
Horntastic
Please read the red announcement in the first post regarding new/updated profiles before quoting this.

I want to add a simple image on my background. I edited the background code in css. Every time I update it the image appears, and when I clicked save, it suddenly disappears. Any tips?

Dapper Phantom

Keitaro xD
Horntastic

I want to add a simple image on my background. I edited the background code in css. Every time I update it the image appears, and when I clicked save, it suddenly disappears. Any tips?

Replace your double quotes " with single quotes ' because the Gaia editor removed double quotes and breaks your code.

Kawaii Fatcat

is wix working again?

Dapper Phantom

P l N K U
is wix working again?

Yes, the current version of the guide is compatible with the current state of Wix.
It's pretty different from how it used to be though, so make sure to read all the way through.
Important things of note are the url shortening step, and how you have to re-convert your code after each edit.
thank you so much for this form I update my profile and was reallly simple thank you so much emotion_hug

Lonely Phantom

Horntastic

Hello! First, awesome guide! I didn't know this was possible in Gaia xd anyway, I'm having a bit of problem. I added a musoc player to my wix profile with only one song. I wanted it to autoplay and loop so I checked the boxes. But when I finish setting it up for Gaia and go to my profile, the players plays the same song twice at the same time. The other song is behind just about 0.5 seconds which is really annoying =="

Dapper Phantom

Lux Caeruleus
Horntastic

Hello! First, awesome guide! I didn't know this was possible in Gaia xd anyway, I'm having a bit of problem. I added a musoc player to my wix profile with only one song. I wanted it to autoplay and loop so I checked the boxes. But when I finish setting it up for Gaia and go to my profile, the players plays the same song twice at the same time. The other song is behind just about 0.5 seconds which is really annoying =="

I'm glad you like the guide!

You have the duplicated media panel glitch, which is why the song plays twice.
The CSS stacks them on top of each other, so you can't see it.
To fix, do this exactly:
Remove the CSS from your profile via this page; save it someplace safe.
You should now be able to see both media panels, but it will probably glitch if you try to remove one.
Instead, you need to add a new panel, like your about panel, then save.
Copy your media code from either of the media panels and put that somewhere safe too.
Then delete both medias and save, leaving only the about.
Once this is done, and the medias stay gone, you can add a new media panel and set up your Wix again.
If the medias do not stay gone, there's one other way we can approach this, just let me know.

Lonely Phantom

Horntastic
]
I'm glad you like the guide!

You have the duplicated media panel glitch, which is why the song plays twice.
The CSS stacks them on top of each other, so you can't see it.
To fix, do this exactly:
Remove the CSS from your profile via this page; save it someplace safe.
You should now be able to see both media panels, but it will probably glitch if you try to remove one.
Instead, you need to add a new panel, like your about panel, then save.
Copy your media code from either of the media panels and put that somewhere safe too.
Then delete both medias and save, leaving only the about.
Once this is done, and the medias stay gone, you can add a new media panel and set up your Wix again.
If the medias do not stay gone, there's one other way we can approach this, just let me know.

Thanks for the help! It's fixed now smile and awesome guide btw smile heart

Tipsy Noob

Thank you! This was extremely helpful and got me able to update my profile! heart heart heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff