Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexy Trash

Horntastic
limckiwi
sure. I got the code and put it into the converter. It seems to flash to me since it has the little sign next to it. http://licynthia28.wix.com/limckiwi-1.

The source of the page you linked converted normally for me.
Hopefully this process will be easier soon... in the next update you'll only need to paste that link, not the source.
It should be cool~

Anyway, I went ahead and got a tinyurl for you:
http://tinyurl.com/onoxr6m
And your css:
html, body { background: #000000; }
.column, #columns { overflow: visible !important; }
#columns { width: 1000px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; float: none; position: relative; top: 50px; }
#column_1, #column_2, #column_3 { position: absolute; margin: 0; width: 1000px; }
.media_panel { height: 650px !important; width: 1000px; overflow: hidden; }
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object { height: 1000px; width: 1000px; }
.panel { margin: 0; padding: 0; background: transparent; color: #eee; }
.panel h2 { display: none; }
#texts_container, #pictures_container { width: 0; margin-left: 50%; position: absolute; top: 0; }

Thank you so much! I now just have to put it into the code for my profile settings right? I'm really bad at technology heh.

Dapper Phantom

limckiwi
Horntastic
limckiwi
sure. I got the code and put it into the converter. It seems to flash to me since it has the little sign next to it. http://licynthia28.wix.com/limckiwi-1.

The source of the page you linked converted normally for me.
Hopefully this process will be easier soon... in the next update you'll only need to paste that link, not the source.
It should be cool~

Anyway, I went ahead and got a tinyurl for you:
http://tinyurl.com/onoxr6m
And your css:
html, body { background: #000000; }
.column, #columns { overflow: visible !important; }
#columns { width: 1000px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; float: none; position: relative; top: 50px; }
#column_1, #column_2, #column_3 { position: absolute; margin: 0; width: 1000px; }
.media_panel { height: 650px !important; width: 1000px; overflow: hidden; }
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object { height: 1000px; width: 1000px; }
.panel { margin: 0; padding: 0; background: transparent; color: #eee; }
.panel h2 { display: none; }
#texts_container, #pictures_container { width: 0; margin-left: 50%; position: absolute; top: 0; }

Thank you so much! I now just have to put it into the code for my profile settings right? I'm really bad at technology heh.

Yes. The tinyurl goes in your media box and the css in your theme override.
See the "Adding the codes to Gaia" part of the guide for a more in-depth explanation.
The maker of the video linked in the first post also shows this step if I remember right.

poppy pls's Waifu

Fluffy Rabbit

18,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Horntastic

Where can I find the Wix Link Tools? I want to add my Gaia contact links.

Adorable Garbage

Anyone know how to get the Embed Code to the Media URL to work properly? I only need to complete this and I'm good. I got the "URL: http://static.wix.com/client/app.swf?" so far. I will pay some Gold, so help would be appreciated.

Dapper Phantom

Xelyth
Horntastic

Where can I find the Wix Link Tools? I want to add my Gaia contact links.

I missed this, sorry :c
If you still need help feel free to quote this or PM me directly.

DatGuyWill
Anyone know how to get the Embed Code to the Media URL to work properly? I only need to complete this and I'm good. I got the "URL: http://static.wix.com/client/app.swf?" so far. I will pay some Gold, so help would be appreciated.

The converter does this for you, since it is much harder than it used to be.
The part after the ? is so long now that you actually have to use TinyURL just to get it to fit in the media panel.
Uh, if you want to use the converter try re-reading through the guide, especially the converting your codes part.
If you get stuck on a step, tell me where and link to your Wix and I'll help.

If you really want to do it manually, you can try using Polymus's conversion method.
(using this method fixes one or two bugs in the converter's method, mostly involving multiple master pages)

Adorable Garbage

Thank you, I really appreciated your help. Without you, I would be stressing out and looking for answers here and there.

13,625 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Horntastic
» Quote this for fast responses! «
Please check at least the first group of FAQs (1.x) before quoting this.
Also, a link to your Wix view page (yourname.wix.com/yourprofile) is very helpful.

Sorry to bother you but,

I upgraded my Wix account to get rid of the ads.. But it didn't remove them on Gaia? I tried to update it, but it still didn't remove the wix free ads. Any ideas?

My Wix

Dapper Phantom

Miraiiri
Horntastic
Also, a link to your Wix view page (yourname.wix.com/yourprofile) is very helpful.

Sorry to bother you but,

I upgraded my Wix account to get rid of the ads.. But it didn't remove them on Gaia? I tried to update it, but it still didn't remove the wix free ads. Any ideas?

My Wix

I don't understand, are you talking about that little tab that says Wix on it on your profile?
I do not know much about those, if you paid them money you may have to take it up with their billing department.
They don't really do much with the Flash pages anymore... it's all HTML now.
I don't see any other ads on your profile, even with my ad block off.

3,675 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
Hi, i have an avatar on the left had of my profile at the bottom . i cant get it to move. he's so close on the screen that i cant even see the edit button with the x that would remove him.. how do i get it to move ?

Dapper Phantom

GoldenSkyexo
Hi, i have an avatar on the left had of my profile at the bottom . i cant get it to move. he's so close on the screen that i cant even see the edit button with the x that would remove him.. how do i get it to move ?

Try temporarily putting this in your theme override:

#avatar_180823 { top: 50px !important; left: 350px !important; }

That should move the avatar up to where you can do things to it.
When you're done, take the code back out.
Horntastic

I feel like I missed a step?
I used a flash site for sure but i'm getting the "There was a problem with your input.
You have most likely created an HTML, not a Flash profile." message every time I try to paste the page source info to the code box.
The only thing I can think of is that there was a mistake in the labeling when i chose a flash blank template or something ):
my page is http://mmisskriss.wix.com/persona-velvet-room
Could you please help me?

Dapper Phantom

mmisskriss
Horntastic

I used a flash site for sure but i'm getting the "There was a problem with your input.
You have most likely created an HTML, not a Flash profile." message every time I try to paste the page source info to the code box.
The only thing I can think of is that there was a mistake in the labeling when i chose a flash blank template or something ):

That is an HTML page, not a Flash page :c
Flash templates should have this icon next to them: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I checked, and the Flash templates link still seems to work.
Perhaps you clicked a filter or something and it brought you back to the HTML ones?
You'll have to try again, I'm afraid. Here is the link directly to the blank Flash templates.
Horntastic
mmisskriss
Horntastic

That is an HTML page, not a Flash page :c
Flash templates should have this icon next to them: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I checked, and the Flash templates link still seems to work.
Perhaps you clicked a filter or something and it brought you back to the HTML ones?
You'll have to try again, I'm afraid. Here is the link directly to the blank Flash templates.

Thank you. I ended up making it again, almost identical, it's just not as cool. lol but it did work! thanks for this forum; super helpful

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff