Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Loverboy

26,275 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
Horntastic
» Quote this for fast responses! «
Please check at least the first group of FAQs (1.x) before quoting this.
Also, a link to your Wix view page (yourname.wix.com/yourprofile) is very helpful.

Does GIF images not work in the flash profiles?

I used another non-flash template and managed to load in a GIF image on that template just fine; it was working and everything.

Rebuilding it after realizing it wasn't a "Flash" supported profile template for the converter, I've run into this problem. The gif doesn't work at all. Not even in preview.

Dapper Phantom

SassMasterLucifer
Horntastic
Also, a link to your Wix view page (yourname.wix.com/yourprofile) is very helpful.

I used another non-flash template and managed to load in a GIF image on that template just fine; it was working and everything.

Rebuilding it after realizing it wasn't a "Flash" supported profile template for the converter, I've run into this problem. The gif doesn't work at all. Not even in preview.

No, GIF does not work as an animated image in the Flash templates.
This is an old issue that Wix never intended to support/correct for whatever reasons.
Sorry! You can use their animated decorations, but your own animated GIFs won't work.

Just so you know:
If you search the help articles, you may see something about using the HTML tool to insert things like GIFs into your Flash Wix.
Things added with that tool do not actually become part of the Flash, and will not export to Gaia.

Wheezing Genius

Is this still a thread that is live?

If so, I have had a Wix profile for forever. I just started back up on Gaia, tried to edit it a little, and realized Wix is completely different. I tried to follow your steps, and republished and reconverted my stuff numerous times, but my profile won't seem to update with the changes I made.

Any advice on that? Thanks in advance!

Dapper Phantom

whitpoo

If so, I have had a Wix profile for forever. I just started back up on Gaia, tried to edit it a little, and realized Wix is completely different. I tried to follow your steps, and republished and reconverted my stuff numerous times, but my profile won't seem to update with the changes I made.

You have to re-convert and re-shorten after each update you made.
This is due to changes in how Wix works. (I can explain in detail if you are curious)
Try again and let me know what happens?

Wheezing Genius

Horntastic
whitpoo

This is due to changes in how Wix works. (I can explain in detail if you are curious)

Thank you for replying!

Anyways, still getting the same result ): Maybe I am missing something?

Dapper Phantom

whitpoo
Horntastic
whitpoo

Thank you for replying!

Can you link me to your Wix profile?
The link should be of the form:
user.wix.com/profile

Wheezing Genius

Horntastic
whitpoo
Horntastic
whitpoo

Thank you for replying!

user.wix.com/profile

http://whitpoob92.wix.com/gaia-profile--

Dapper Phantom

whitpoo
Horntastic
whitpoo
Horntastic
whitpoo

Thank you for replying!

user.wix.com/profile

You're still using what looks like the old version of the code.
You need to use the new method in this guide for it to work right, and you need to convert again all over each time you update your profile. It's a pain, but it's what has to be done because of Wix ending part of their support for Flash profiles a couple years ago.
Anyway, I converted & shortened your code, the result is: http://tinyurl.com/pag2o8s
If you put that in your media panel, your new profile should show.

Wheezing Genius

Horntastic
whitpoo
Horntastic
whitpoo
Horntastic
whitpoo

Thank you for replying!

user.wix.com/profile

You need to use the new method in this guide for it to work right, and you need to convert again all over each time you update your profile. It's a pain, but it's what has to be done because of Wix ending part of their support for Flash profiles a couple years ago.
Anyway, I converted & shortened your code, the result is: http://tinyurl.com/pag2o8s

Whatever you did has worked.

:/ I thought I followed your steps. I'm trying to figure out where I seemed to mess up.
Because, since I just changed it up a tiny bit (just coming back from a crazy long hiatus), I plan to change it up a lot more, andddd I'll have to figure out where I am messing up still~

Wheezing Genius

Horntastic

Also, thank you very much for doing that (:

Beloved Raider

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
whitpoo
Horntastic
whitpoo
Horntastic
whitpoo

Thank you for replying!

user.wix.com/profile

Whatever you did has worked.

:/ I thought I followed your steps. I'm trying to figure out where I seemed to mess up.
Because, since I just changed it up a tiny bit (just coming back from a crazy long hiatus), I plan to change it up a lot more, andddd I'll have to figure out where I am messing up still~
[/quote

I actually am having the exact same problem, I'm recently returning as well :c can you please help me Horntastic ?

Shy Bookworm

15,875 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
where exactly is my source code? i did the whole Ctrl + U but you didnt really show where the code is in the screen shot you took as an example im really lost.. :/
idk lol...

Dapper Phantom

SweetSymptoms
where exactly is my source code? i did the whole Ctrl + U but you didnt really show where the code is in the screen shot you took as an example im really lost.. :/
idk lol...

When you view the source, you end up looking at something like this, right?
User Image

You literally copy everything on that page (Ctrl+A to select all is your friend), then paste it into the converter. Don't worry about it being too long, the converter knows what to look for in all that stuff.

Persistent Prophet

23,115 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Tycoon 200
they do support SWF files however and if you own adobe flash or any other program that allows you to- you can save gifs as swf and upload onto your wix.

Horntastic
SassMasterLucifer
Horntastic

No, GIF does not work as an animated image in the Flash templates.
This is an old issue that Wix never intended to support/correct for whatever reasons.
Sorry! You can use their animated decorations, but your own animated GIFs won't work.

Just so you know:
If you search the help articles, you may see something about using the HTML tool to insert things like GIFs into your Flash Wix.
Things added with that tool do not actually become part of the Flash, and will not export to Gaia.

Shy Bookworm

15,875 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
Horntastic
SweetSymptoms
idk lol...

When you view the source, you end up looking at something like this, right?
User Image

You literally copy everything on that page (Ctrl+A to select all is your friend), then paste it into the converter. Don't worry about it being too long, the converter knows what to look for in all that stuff.

Ohhh okays thanks! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces