6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Hive Mind 200
Lukewarm City
Wubbz
User Image

Please be gentle xD
(sorry it's not in color or shaded--- I'll post a few when I'm done drawing them.)

EDIT:
Did a bit of shading and coloring-- just not sure how to deal with the hair sweatdrop
User Image

Hey there! Please click below:

Your grasp on anatomy isn't bad; the piece is in general well-proportioned. I like how the figure suggests movement from the position of her legs; it's not static. The details you've added, like the collarbone, and lines on the waist make it more realistic.

Here are some points I think you could keep in mind to improve.
You lined with a pen and coloured it digitally right? You could clean up the line quality a little and remove overlapping on photoshop (especially at the curly hair part), to make the lines smoother.

I think the feathers on the wings shouldn't vary as much as they do in terms of size. The outermost feathers are a great deal bigger than the inner ones. The feathers also don't extend to the top edge of the wings, because there's also the arm (? if that's what it's called) of the wing. I suggest you study some wings.
For the left wing, the feathers should point in the same direction (they tend to align), rather than the feathers on the inside pointing slightly downwards.

Considering that your style is quite stylized, the head could be a bit bigger.
There's an excess bit of hair at the left side; with the 3/4 view of the head, you should be able to see less of it since the head is turned so. I'd also expect to see a bit of the left ear peeking out behind the hair.
The lips could be a tad closer to the nose than the chin, and the belly button could be smaller. At the moment it seems somewhat vertically stretched.

Overall, good work, and good luck!

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind, and I shall study.

Fashionable Noob

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Hive Mind 200
Amour Belle et Deces
Wubbz
User Image

Please be gentle xD
(sorry it's not in color or shaded--- I'll post a few when I'm done drawing them.)

EDIT:
Did a bit of shading and coloring-- just not sure how to deal with the hair sweatdrop
User Image

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Hi there!
The body structure is very on-point; however, I would recommend that you bring the bra down just a tad. If one of our critics named "a busted radio" critiques this, she might do redlines for you.
1. The head is too short and the facial features are disproportionate to it. The eyes are placed correctly but are weirdly shaped and too big. The fact that the nose points up makes her look a little pig-like, and her lips shouldn't be so... pointy.
2. As far as hair goes, curls don't really look like that. Here is a more realistic example of curls. You want your curls to look full and thick. Also, as you know, hair is made up of thousands of individual hairs, and when drawing and coloring it, you should treat it as so. Make streaks with your pen/pencil - long, tapering lines that flow in the direction of the hair. Even a basic example like this makes the hair look more realistic (pink hair). Hair should be darker in shading at the roots and possibly the ends, depending on the look, and light where the light source is hitting it.

Thank you-- and I'm currently working on the hair. SAI isn't exactly working correctly, so I'm not entirely sure what to do with it sweatdrop

Fashionable Explorer

12,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Hottsy Tottsy

Could I get some opinions? I'd like to try my hand at selling adoptables & am unsure what to price them. (:

Said adoptables would in this this style:
User Image

User Image

⋙♦User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.♦⋘

Sorry if I'm being annoying, but I posted this on the last page and no one acknowledged it - can I get a quick opinion? ^^;;

High-functioning Sex Symbol

Hottsy Tottsy
Hottsy Tottsy

Could I get some opinions? I'd like to try my hand at selling adoptables & am unsure what to price them. (:

User Image

User Image

Sorry if I'm being annoying, but I posted this on the last page and no one acknowledged it - can I get a quick opinion? ^^;;

I'm superbly busy right now, I may get to this later though c:
a busted radio

Zelorus

Hysterhex

Or maybe they can do it

newrikey's Princess

Married Bunny

7,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Married 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Niomo
Bahhh--you guys have every single tutorial I need right in the first page.
Thank goodness.
You wouldn't happen to have one lyin' around on painting in CS5--would you?

I also have a couple things I would like pricing on too.
If you have a moment:
Image one -- && -- Image two
((Those 'white backgrounds' are transparent.))

Here's a Photoshop coloring tutorials I found laying around: [1]

SMALL CRITIQUE:
There's some inconsistencies between both styles that I'm... not sure are intentional? 1) The monochrome girl's eyes are more realistically proportioned (less far apart.) 2) How are you gonna incorporate cheekbones in this style? Because I see hints of them in the monochrome picture, but am not sure if you wanna go full on with it! If you do, it gives you more to shade to fill the space left by not desu anime eyes.

However, both styles are really cool. It'd be kinda a niche market on anime desu Gaia, but I feel you could charge quite a few billion - especially for those who like chibi, but also like a hint of realism (like me!) But no, I don't know how many billion. Sorry.

FOR PAINTING: Painting is similar in any program. I do all my painting in Paint Tool Sai, but the principles apply to any program. I made a basic tutorial here! The first little section is about color palettes and limiting yourself a little. Don't shade too much that you lose all your white - instead of making harmony between colors, it gets a little crazy.
Bonus tutorial!

If you have any questions, please quote me! :)

newrikey's Princess

Married Bunny

7,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Married 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Hottsy Tottsy

User Image

User Image

Before reading this, do realize: 1) I don't buy adoptables and I don't know how to price them. However, I do know how to make your adoptables much more attractive! :)

PROS
I doubt it would be hard to sell a cute adopt like this. Plus, despite the breasts, they look fairly gender-neutral (meaning whoever adopts them could make them a boy or girl.) Freedom like that can be very attractive to a buyer.

You keep a strict color palette, which again, is attractive. For anything but a Homestuck character, I'd recommend having more unique adopts, but... it's a HS troll. They all have the same base. Plus, there is a 0% need to draw noses or ears.

CONS
I wouldn't buy this for a couple of reasons. Your lineart is sketchy and almost absurdly thick which is not always a bad thing - in fact, it can be very attractive... for single pictures. However, I'd want an adoptable (my reference picture, essentially) to be much cleaner.

As a factor of this desire for cleanliness, shading is not always required, but can be neat if done well... which, eh, yours is okay. Back in my days we called this "pillow shading," where you just shade things around without caring about a light source. If you are inexperienced in shading and want to sell soon without learning light sources, I'd recommend foregoing shading. QUICK PRO- you don't need to shade!

Please quote me with any questions you have! Am here to help. Sorry we all missed you earlier!

Wheezing Browser

Hysterhex

Here's a Photoshop coloring tutorials I found laying around: [1]

SMALL CRITIQUE:
There's some inconsistencies between both styles that I'm... not sure are intentional? 1) The monochrome girl's eyes are more realistically proportioned (less far apart.) 2) How are you gonna incorporate cheekbones in this style? Because I see hints of them in the monochrome picture, but am not sure if you wanna go full on with it! If you do, it gives you more to shade to fill the space left by not desu anime eyes.

However, both styles are really cool. It'd be kinda a niche market on anime desu Gaia, but I feel you could charge quite a few billion - especially for those who like chibi, but also like a hint of realism (like me!) But no, I don't know how many billion. Sorry.

FOR PAINTING: Painting is similar in any program. I do all my painting in Paint Tool Sai, but the principles apply to any program. I made a basic tutorial here! The first little section is about color palettes and limiting yourself a little. Don't shade too much that you lose all your white - instead of making harmony between colors, it gets a little crazy.
Bonus tutorial!

If you have any questions, please quote me! :)

Thanks oodles for the 'torials!

Critique: I don't really have cheekbones on either I thought--the monochromic piece has a deeper lower lash line that the eye glow is casting off of--which I think was made more apparent by the lack of color range. The monochromic is the second one I have done--so the other is kinda' the precursor to figuring out the logistics of how I want to draw the figure.
That you touched on that--is awesome.

Anime desu? Hmmm.
o w o;;
I have a niche. Bahhh. I like you.
Thank you for the pricing suggestion! I appreciate it greatly.

And I used to do my painting in Sai, but my hubby's been all
'you need to learn photoshop' so these are also my first results from that program ahhaha.
xD

Sparkly Phantom

ninja ninja ninja ninja Can i have some sort of pricing range for this art?
Sorry for the preview text, i have it there until my customer completes the trade.

User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

and for the Gif??
User Image

Fashionable Explorer

12,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Hysterhex

Before reading this, do realize: 1) I don't buy adoptables and I don't know how to price them. However, I do know how to make your adoptables much more attractive! :)

PROS
I doubt it would be hard to sell a cute adopt like this. Plus, despite the breasts, they look fairly gender-neutral (meaning whoever adopts them could make them a boy or girl.) Freedom like that can be very attractive to a buyer.

You keep a strict color palette, which again, is attractive. For anything but a Homestuck character, I'd recommend having more unique adopts, but... it's a HS troll. They all have the same base. Plus, there is a 0% need to draw noses or ears.

CONS
I wouldn't buy this for a couple of reasons. Your lineart is sketchy and almost absurdly thick which is not always a bad thing - in fact, it can be very attractive... for single pictures. However, I'd want an adoptable (my reference picture, essentially) to be much cleaner.

As a factor of this desire for cleanliness, shading is not always required, but can be neat if done well... which, eh, yours is okay. Back in my days we called this "pillow shading," where you just shade things around without caring about a light source. If you are inexperienced in shading and want to sell soon without learning light sources, I'd recommend foregoing shading. QUICK PRO- you don't need to shade!

Please quote me with any questions you have! Am here to help. Sorry we all missed you earlier!

I will definitely work on cleaning up my line art & shading then! Thank you for the advice! (:

newrikey's Princess

Married Bunny

7,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Married 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
bunnysan

This is going to be profusely unhelpful, but I think an anime style like this would sell very well on Gaia. You could easily set up a store, I think. An auction you'd get more, but you'd have to work harder on one single piece over having a lot of simpler projects. On a site like Gaia, your art is probably (not entirely sure) going to be in the billions. Maybe 10-15b for a fullbody?

Since you seem to have a pretty definitive style, I'd only go for the usual recommendations: learn a bit more about anatomy, proportions and posing! There are many many tutorials -- I'm pretty sure we have some on the front page? There's also a good breast tutorial somewhere on the front page... because I think you could stand to learn just a bit more about boobies!

ALSO
I'd be careful spraying all that pink/red around your breasts because in an at least one of your pictures I thought I was peeking at an areola which is NSFW!!

newrikey's Princess

Married Bunny

7,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Married 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Hysterhex
bunnysan

This is going to be profusely unhelpful, but I think an anime style like this would sell very well on Gaia. You could easily set up a store, I think. An auction you'd get more, but you'd have to work harder on one single piece over having a lot of simpler projects. On a site like Gaia, your art is probably (not entirely sure) going to be in the billions. Maybe 10-15b for a fullbody?

Since you seem to have a pretty definitive style, I'd only go for the usual recommendations: learn a bit more about anatomy, proportions and posing! There are many many tutorials -- I'm pretty sure we have some on the front page? There's also a good breast tutorial somewhere on the front page... because I think you could stand to learn just a bit more about boobies!

ALSO
I'd be careful spraying all that pink/red around your breasts because in an at least one of your pictures I thought I was peeking at an areola which is NSFW!!

AND FOR THE GIF:
I don't know. It seems to be a very simple gif, very slow, and text seems a bit out of place. Gifing something can also destroy the quality of your image... I'd honestly be wary on offering gifs like that.

Demonic Noob

bunnysan

Hello heart

First your anatomy is nice, and your lines are mostly smooth so, I'd price this around 1bil to 2 bil since it's not realistic but a simple style. With the inflation you could probably get 5b though.
Your anatomy, facial arrangement and proportions could use a bit of practice, I noticed your jaw lines tend to be different in each picture as with the placement of our eyes and mouth, also the boobies and limbs are a little off. I know there is a ref on the first pg that helps with this.
Your shading and highlights could also use a bit a work, in the samples it looks like they're placed on the same areas of the skin regardless of where the light source is. I think putting shading underneath clothing or object over the skin would help.
Just a tip, with wings the feathers tend to get smaller the closer you go to the spine. I noticed the black wings are big from front to back
And the gif, I dont think it flows smoothly enough in the eyes area so they could use a bit more work

Sparkly Phantom

Hysterhex
bunnysan

ALSO

oh lol xD my bad!!!

i'm trying to imitate that "Sexy Shine" that they have on anime girls whenever they're being per-miscues and i'd love a booby tutorial, thank you >.< i have small bewbs so i don't know how they'r e suppose to flip around and s**t xD

but thanks ^.^

i'm almost done with a chibi, i'd love to have it critiqued as well.

Sparkly Phantom

Your hott Mom
bunnysan

Hello heart

First your anatomy is nice, and your lines are mostly smooth so, I'd price this around 1bil to 2 bil since it's not realistic but a simple style. With the inflation you could probably get 5b though.
Your anatomy, facial arrangement and proportions could use a bit of practice, I noticed your jaw lines tend to be different in each picture as with the placement of our eyes and mouth, also the boobies and limbs are a little off. I know there is a ref on the first pg that helps with this.
Your shading and highlights could also use a bit a work, in the samples it looks like they're placed on the same areas of the skin regardless of where the light source is. I think putting shading underneath clothing or object over the skin would help.
Just a tip, with wings the feathers tend to get smaller the closer you go to the spine. I noticed the black wings are big from front to back
And the gif, I dont think it flows smoothly enough in the eyes area so they could use a bit more work

i'm not a strong colorer, and shading is horrendous for me so i usually do a face effect but it can't hurt to try ^.^ Thanks for the advice!!

and i'm just a beginner with animation, i have to do it by hand frame by frame, but i can see where you're coming from. i shouldn't sell them until i've gotten better.

and yeah >.> i always like to put blush in those places to get that "cutesy effect" but if it looks weird >.< i'll switch it up

newrikey's Princess

Married Bunny

7,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Married 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
bunnysan
oh lol xD my bad!!!

i'm trying to imitate that "Sexy Shine" that they have on anime girls whenever they're being per-miscues and i'd love a booby tutorial, thank you >.< i have small bewbs so i don't know how they'r e suppose to flip around and s**t xD

Breasts are hard to draw. You'd do very good
watching some R-18 bouncy things and/or drawing from life

BUT. IF YOU WANT NORMAL TUTORIALS.
See this handy post at the front of our thread. (Open the spoiler - warning, artistic nudity!!)

ARTISTIC NUDITY: This tutorial is beautiful.

HANDY DANDY how to draw different cup sizes! (Art nude warn)

One of my personal favorites (plus shinies!) here! (super art nudity warn)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff