Total Votes:[ 61 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24 > >>

High-functioning Sex Symbol

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

AND WE'RE OPEN!!!

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Man, I really hope this blows up!
Just a heads up, you have your Blacklist/Whitelist section labeled as Rules.
Good luck with your thread!

LettuceJamming
Just a heads up, you have your Blacklist/Whitelist section labeled as Rules.
Good luck with your thread!

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Oh thank you! cx

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Bump

I want someone to price my art man

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Bump and goodnight!~

newrikey's Princess

Married Bunny

7,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Married 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Amour Belle et Deces
Please fill out this application to apply for Critic approval. By "joining", you are becoming a Critic.

Name/what should we call you?: Hysterhex. Call me: Hyst, Hex
Why should I put you on the list?: 1) I know loads of free digital art programs and have many tips for both digital painting and traditional art, from painting to sketching. Am very likely to go on large rants / tips / tutorial rants / whatnot (I highly advise one of you reserved posts to be links to tutorials / posts with tutorials in them. Also see below
Anything else I should know?: I'm a girl

GENERAL CRITIQUE TO: AMOUR BELLE eT DECES

I can't price you because I don't know current Gaia economy. However, I can critique you. I can see you're trying to develop an art style. Right? You jump from anime, to Disney, to realism in your gallery. Many, many people (and ALL PROFESSIONALS) will tell you you must "perfect" realism before attempting to stylize your art. Which is not true in all cases (e.g. me), but can be helpful.

From a cursory glance at your gallery, I have no idea what you enjoy drawing besides "girls." If I were to commission, I wouldn't be sure what I'd get. I'd genuinely consider that a bad thing. My biggest recommendation to you is to draw more, and to draw more of the same thing (practice makes perfect). An easy, art-free way to minimize confusion when people look at your gallery is to separate your pictures in folders. Simply put, it'd be more organized to not have every piece of art in your gallery in your "Featured" section.

Finally, I want to give a little advice on scanning your images. They will look better if you do not edit them to be transparent. It ruins the crisp edges of a drawing. It is perfectly fine and acceptable to have a white background for traditional sketches. If you need them to be more interesting, simple add a background. Even a pencil shaded / cross-hatched background will make your image more interesting than just a white background. See this gallery.

Anatomy references and practices are always useful. Tracing may also be useful in learning (do not post any work you traced.)

SPECIFIC CRITIQUE TO: AMOUR BELLE eT DECES

I admire anyone with the patience to do smooth pencil shading. However, that shading needs to be justified and smooth. For example, I'm a little lost at 1) his right ear 2) the roots of his hair. The right ear is darker than the entire rest of his coat (even under his chin!) and appears out of place. The roots of his hair, despite being against your light source, seem like a totally different shade from the rest of his flowing locks. Or is that intentional? Otherwise, the shading is smooth and anatomy is solid, at least to me. I can tell you used a reference (or at least, am 89% sure you did) which is always a good thing.

Color pencils are hard and I hate them. It's genuinely nice to see someone so committed to them. This is surprisingly well done. Cliche, but well done. The eyebrow is well-placed, and all of the contours of the eye are there. My only qualms are: 1) there are no wrinkles under the eye. This person is either Botox'd-up or never smiles. 2) In my experience, eyelashes look more luscious/realistic when shaded like so: darker at the base, lighter (hair color-ish) at the tips.

As an idea of where I'm coming from, here's my AP art portfolio that I'm not proud of: [1] (WARNING: artistic nudity, some blood/splatter effect (none more than you would see on a Gaia avatar.)

And my usual art style: [2]

Feral Kitten

Quote:
Name/what should we call you?: Name + nickname
Why should I put you on the list?:
Do you have any references?: NOT necessary
Anything else I should know?:

You can just call me Zelorus. If you prefer to shorten it, then Ze or Zel will suffice.

Why should I be put on the list? Well, I believe that my trials and errors with art, both digital and with the tradition mediums, will be beneficial in aiding someone who wants to improve their work. I'm also confident in my ability to form a constructive response should they need one. In terms of pricing, it's not my forte. However, I believe I'll be able to research the current market and provide a reasonable price range for the artist based off their abilities.

In terms of reference I have a DA account if you'd like to see. It primarily consist of sketches, only digital works at the moment, and may be a little outdated. However, in the near future I plan to update it further with my tradition drawings as well and more finished pieces.

Also, if this has any merit at all - I took an art history class which helped to broaden my knowledge of the various art styles that exist, going as far back as the Neoclassicism Era of art. I do have some knowledge of the Renaissance as well, though to a lesser degree.

And I'll be offering constructive criticism to your work at a later date, Amour. (My brain feels like mush at the moment.)

l K U M l's Significant Otter

Desirable Spirit

8,750 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Married 100
*lurks in the thread

Can you criticize this art? i've improved a little. But Guess its better than the old one cat_4laugh
How much do you think this would cost if i sell arts like these? cat_razz

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

sugasu's Husband

Friendly Lunatic

Good luck with your thread! =D

Sparkly Phantom

I abide to the Constructive Criticism rules and promise to be kind to everyone.

yo-yo-yo i ain't here to critic, but i think the thread is a good idea, so i want to stay n chat n talk about art to keep the thread alive.

yu know what 'im saying?

Hysterhex
Amour Belle et Deces
Please fill out this application to apply for Critic approval. By "joining", you are becoming a Critic.

Name/what should we call you?: Hysterhex. Call me: Hyst, Hex
Why should I put you on the list?: 1) I know loads of free digital art programs and have many tips for both digital painting and traditional art, from painting to sketching. Am very likely to go on large rants / tips / tutorial rants / whatnot (I highly advise one of you reserved posts to be links to tutorials / posts with tutorials in them. Also see below
Anything else I should know?: I'm a girl

GENERAL CRITIQUE TO: AMOUR BELLE eT DECES

I can't price you because I don't know current Gaia economy. However, I can critique you. I can see you're trying to develop an art style. Right? You jump from anime, to Disney, to realism in your gallery. Many, many people (and ALL PROFESSIONALS) will tell you you must "perfect" realism before attempting to stylize your art. Which is not true in all cases (e.g. me), but can be helpful.

From a cursory glance at your gallery, I have no idea what you enjoy drawing besides "girls." If I were to commission, I wouldn't be sure what I'd get. I'd genuinely consider that a bad thing. My biggest recommendation to you is to draw more, and to draw more of the same thing (practice makes perfect). An easy, art-free way to minimize confusion when people look at your gallery is to separate your pictures in folders. Simply put, it'd be more organized to not have every piece of art in your gallery in your "Featured" section.

Finally, I want to give a little advice on scanning your images. They will look better if you do not edit them to be transparent. It ruins the crisp edges of a drawing. It is perfectly fine and acceptable to have a white background for traditional sketches. If you need them to be more interesting, simple add a background. Even a pencil shaded / cross-hatched background will make your image more interesting than just a white background. See this gallery.

Anatomy references and practices are always useful. Tracing may also be useful in learning (do not post any work you traced.)

SPECIFIC CRITIQUE TO: AMOUR BELLE eT DECES

I admire anyone with the patience to do smooth pencil shading. However, that shading needs to be justified and smooth. For example, I'm a little lost at 1) his right ear 2) the roots of his hair. The right ear is darker than the entire rest of his coat (even under his chin!) and appears out of place. The roots of his hair, despite being against your light source, seem like a totally different shade from the rest of his flowing locks. Or is that intentional? Otherwise, the shading is smooth and anatomy is solid, at least to me. I can tell you used a reference (or at least, am 89% sure you did) which is always a good thing.

Color pencils are hard and I hate them. It's genuinely nice to see someone so committed to them. This is surprisingly well done. Cliche, but well done. The eyebrow is well-placed, and all of the contours of the eye are there. My only qualms are: 1) there are no wrinkles under the eye. This person is either Botox'd-up or never smiles. 2) In my experience, eyelashes look more luscious/realistic when shaded like so: darker at the base, lighter (hair color-ish) at the tips.

As an idea of where I'm coming from, here's my AP art portfolio that I'm not proud of: [1] (WARNING: artistic nudity, some blood/splatter effect (none more than you would see on a Gaia avatar.)

And my usual art style: [2]

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Thank you very much for the critiques! Unfortunately, your Critic form is not correctly filled out; this will be forgiven since you gave very helpful critiques, but please re-read the first page and see what you missed. I can put you on the list when you do this.

Critique for you:
I think your art is extremely unique and very defined. As for pricing, I'd say your "Punklicity" girl would go for 10-20bil at least, perhaps more at auction. A full body would go for 50bil at least. I would say it would be a good idea to start an art shop, which may or may not thrive based on how interested people are in your style of art. It's polished and clean, and would do well. I have never seen any art quite like yours and one thing I would recommend is to be sure of your light source. I can't really identify it when looking at Punklicity.

Reply to your critiques:
I do not scan my art. I take a picture of it with my phone and I erase the background, then brighten the picture, since I don't have a scanner. I can do digital art but I'm somewhat new to it. And I will separate my art into different folders since I have a lot of different things I play around with. Also, as for the eye, I do realize that the lashes should have a darker base and I didn't put any detail under the eye, which I noticed after analyzing it a few days ago. Could I know what medium you like best out of all of my styles (after I separate them) if you don't mind! Thank you!

Zelorus

Quote:
Name/what should we call you?: Name + nickname
Why should I put you on the list?:
Do you have any references?: NOT necessary
Anything else I should know?:

You can just call me Zelorus. If you prefer to shorten it, then Ze or Zel will suffice.

Why should I be put on the list? Well, I believe that my trials and errors with art, both digital and with the tradition mediums, will be beneficial in aiding someone who wants to improve their work. I'm also confident in my ability to form a constructive response should they need one. In terms of pricing, it's not my forte. However, I believe I'll be able to research the current market and provide a reasonable price range for the artist based off their abilities.

In terms of reference I have a DA account if you'd like to see. It primarily consist of sketches, only digital works at the moment, and may be a little outdated. However, in the near future I plan to update it further with my tradition drawings as well and more finished pieces.

Also, if this has any merit at all - I took an art history class which helped to broaden my knowledge of the various art styles that exist, going as far back as the Neoclassicism Era of art. I do have some knowledge of the Renaissance as well, though to a lesser degree.

And I'll be offering constructive criticism to your work at a later date, Amour. (My brain feels like mush at the moment.)

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Alright Zel, I'll put you on the list. Thanks for helping me out!

XxCursedNightfallxX
*lurks in the thread

Can you criticize this art? i've improved a little. But Guess its better than the old one cat_4laugh
How much do you think this would cost if i sell arts like these? cat_razz

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Hello! I'd be happy to criticize this art.
From what I know, all I can see is that you draw animal avatars. You could make a specialized animal shop, and since I don't have enough samples to judge your art properly, I'd say that I'd pay 5-10bil for this. Your attention to detail is good, and your highlights/shadows aren't too shabby either. Make sure you know where your light source is. I'm going to guess it's above the animal, slightly to the right. Is that correct? Anyway, if you're going to sell this type of art, I'd leave out the background unless someone asked for it; it takes away from the art. Make sure that you're accounting for everything that's going to make a shadow. Other than that, it's pretty good. c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff