Welcome to Gaia! ::

Denzie

Well the last time I saw one here secondhand was in March and they wanted nearly fullprice for it. rolleyes
Anyhow I hope for your sake you'd be able to find one secondhand although at least you'd still be able to buy them if you can't. o:

I've seen quite a few of them, I love the ones with like an extra 4 units on it. So like 3 on one set of wheels and then 3 on the other.
I hope that makes sense, I have no idea how to explain it. (x

I'm not quite sure what your describing, but it might make more sense when I'm not tired xD

I'd love to get one for second hand/cheaper, but I don't mind paying full price. I'm also going to be looking out for a possible black friday sale and such c: just in case ninja the average price I've seen is about $220 and then free shipping on orders over like 40 so it'd have free shipping xD I am still disappointed that I couldn't find one on Walmart.com they have the critter nation single and the critter nation add on to make it a double but both together would cost more than just buying the double, and they don't have the double. I was hoping I could use my discount xD 10% off of that much would be wicked.
Does anyone have any experience with abscesses or cysts? I think my little girl Emma has one that is already open and draining D; I just noticed it this morning, a big gaping hole that looks really nasty on her lower stomach close to her groin.

I would like to avoid a vet visit if at all possible, she doesn't seem to be any pain even though it looks hellishly painful to me, she let me pick her up and even touch all around the hole with no complaint. I was reading that I'd need to clean it out with a cotton swab and possibly a solution of peroxide (10 parts water 1 part peroxide). But I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this and what they did?
hiysinphlay
I'm not quite sure what your describing, but it might make more sense when I'm not tired xD

I'd love to get one for second hand/cheaper, but I don't mind paying full price. I'm also going to be looking out for a possible black friday sale and such c: just in case ninja the average price I've seen is about $220 and then free shipping on orders over like 40 so it'd have free shipping xD I am still disappointed that I couldn't find one on Walmart.com they have the critter nation single and the critter nation add on to make it a double but both together would cost more than just buying the double, and they don't have the double. I was hoping I could use my discount xD 10% off of that much would be wicked.

Thisss ;D

I think if you order directly from the midwest website it's cheaper as well, at least previously my father saw some on there for $220 and free shipping. o:
That may just be the ferret nation though, I'm not quite sure about the critter nation. Might be worth looking into. d:

How much are they at wal-mart if you buy the single then get a double? o__o My sister works at wal-mart too. ;]

Newbie Noob

11,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I don't own a rat, but I wish I did. They are so cute and I just wanna snuggle them. 4laugh

Romantic Regular

12,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I think all good, responsible and kind people should own rats :3

Personally, I am hooked <3 My kitty of 15 years died recently (RIP) and my girls have helped me so much with dealing with the loss. Every time I see them, they always give me the excited 'I love you' reaction and it just makes my day every day

It's a shame that some people are so blinded by fear that they won't even give them a chance but I think if all the rat lovers in the world just keep pumping information at them, then we'll all love ourselves some ratties <33

My Minnie cat a couple months ago before she passed

Junior Gaian

8,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I get to see my baby boys this weekend.
You have no idea how much I've missed them! 8D

Newbie Noob

Sort of related to rats. African soft furred rats/mice. I think they're closer to mice, but thought ya'll might find the pics interesting.

The dark brown one is a male. The males are just as vehement about protecting the young as the females are. When one female gives birth, others will start lactating and help with feeding the babies. And as you can see, just two females can produce A LOT of babies.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
Scarbi

there were some of these for FREE (babies and two mothers) on craigs list....
Scarbi

How are they temperament wise? I've always heard they didn't make the best pets, but they sure are darn adorable! 4laugh

Newbie Noob

hiysinphlay
Scarbi

How are they temperament wise? I've always heard they didn't make the best pets, but they sure are darn adorable! 4laugh

It really depends. In general they're all pretty flighty. If you handle them from birth they tend to be a lot more tame. I also think genetics plays a role. The worst bites I've ever had were from soft furs, but the ones I have now are tame enough that I can reach in without fear of being bitten. I can pick them up by their tails and rest them on the back of my hand (they don't like the palm).

I think with selective breeding and careful handling they could be as friendly as mice. I don't see them ever reaching the level of friendliness that rats have towards humans though.

So they COULD be good pets, but only for experienced rodent keepers that have a lot of time and patience to work with them.

Newbie Noob

Keyona
Scarbi

there were some of these for FREE (babies and two mothers) on craigs list....

They are pretty uncommon. Back in Utah they were sold for $10 each. Out in Texas they go for as cheap as $5 each.

Citizen

Scarbi
They are pretty uncommon. Back in Utah they were sold for $10 each. Out in Texas they go for as cheap as $5 each.

Really? o; Up here in northern Ontario, they're sold for $1-$2 in a city about 20/25 minutes away. o___o;
Usually everything is more expensive in Canada but apparently not Soft furred rats. I've considered getting a couple but they do get sold very quickly.
Usually as snake food from what I've seen.
holy crap we hit 300

first poster can has a prize smile
Morphine Kiss
holy crap we hit 300

I also think it's pretty freaking awesome, that we are the /only/ popular thread in the pets! =D
hiysinphlay
Morphine Kiss
holy crap we hit 300

I also think it's pretty freaking awesome, that we are the /only/ popular thread in the pets! =D
Haha, I actually never noticed. I just don't pay enough attention and can't grab enough time to get on here as much. xD

But on another note;

I'd like to update this thread over the weekend inbetween my brother's wedding. Any suggestions on things to add to the front page would be terrific.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff