Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are there any minor subjects you think should be major, and vice versa?

Nope. 0.59842519685039 59.8% [ 304 ]
Yup. ( Please leave comment. ) 0.40157480314961 40.2% [ 204 ]
Total Votes:[ 508 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 68 69 70 > >>

i was hoping i could give a new cookie to this proposal each day, but alas, no.
stil going to bump this thread, already subscribed.

Noob

Okay.

Signatures in Guilds

1. Emotes in signatures don't work in guilds.

2. Any kind of mid-sentence formatting in signature will appear as a new line in a signature.

Quote:
For example,
like this thing here. See how 'like' started a new line?

Crew
1. Moving/stickying the treads takes a few hundred refreshes (like a few minutes) to actually take effect. This is a lag.

2. Checkmarks next to member names for mass-bans would be nice. gonk

3. When you ban a member, there is not even a time delay to prevent this member from re-applying right back 1 second after the ban. Banned members should stay banned.

Posting

1. Deleting a post still leaves the poster as "latest poster" on the main forum, despite no such post existing.

2. Right-handed posting sometimes overlaps username with time and date of the post. I am not sure what triggers this.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

3. No quick reply button.

4. Unlike in the main forums where you can have like 4 posts per minute, guilds are still stuck on the old system where you can only post once per minute.

5. No inventory display in guilds.

Wheezing Gekko

Le King

FireFoxNinetails

Ahah! More ideas, wonderful!
Le King, I'll work on implementing some of those notes of yours, FireFox, you as well!

Yes yes yes and more yes.
I agree. maintaining your members' list should be updated. A block list for those 'banned' who just shouldn't be allowed to interact with the guild they were kicked, and a modified version of our current members' list would be nice. 3nodding

...and bumb.. cuz I already posted once. xD

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
FireFoxNinetails

Lol, we can only give one cookie max to a thread so it really doesn't cost that much. I think if we have multiple threads, this would give the guild issue more attention but the separate guild proposal threads should include a link of sister guild proposal threads so that all of them get attention and cookies ovo

Sadly true. I wish we could just give all our cookies to a thread at once though.

Links to other guild threads is a good idea though. Like if we got every guild thread to advertise every other guild thread (or even a portion of them), then we might get more attention. It just mainly feels like the staff is trying to slowly let the guilds die but act like they're still paying attention. If they see there's a ton of interest (and outrage), then maybe they'll listen.

I mean, I looked at all the guild related threads on the main Spring Cleaning forum, and pretty much all the posts were like "Why hasn't this been done already?", lol. Kinda interested to see what the developer response to them would be. I find it sad though that zOMG and Housing is getting more cookies though. I mean sure a lot of people use them, but guilds have been in a desperate need of maintenance since before zOMG was even created!

Wheezing Gekko

Actually, speaking of "joining hands" with other like threads...
Are there any in particular you guys have seen that I should keep an eye on?

Friendly Phantom

I have a list, but im on my cell atm

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Well I think yours is the most comprehensive. Other threads seem to be subsets of your thread, or treating the symptoms (such as "Implement quick reply!" instead of just updating the entire system which would include quick reply).

A quick glace through the Spring Cleaning Proposals subforum reveals this though, which is a similar thread by run by a site moderator. So maybe that'll have some impact. That thread also has links to other guild threads.

Oh, I also thought of another minor suggestions:
-Be able to see when a person joined (I don't care about their member number)

Wheezing Gekko

FireFoxNinetails

Please hun, feel free to take your time, there's no rush. I'm rather positive they plan on keeping these Spring Cleaning areas open for a while. xD

Durithill the Black Blade

Wonderful! I'll see what I can do to speak with this moderator, actually. Hopefully that'll help a bit more, and I'd be more than honored to allow her to use the listing we've created here.
Edit: And indeed. The member number serves no actual purpose, and to me it seems that adjusting that number to a date would be rather simple.

Friendly Phantom

This thread is made by the owner of a pretty popular Breedables shop and addresses more of the problems of the bigger guilds. Guilds are pretty important to the B/C because it's where we do a majority of our large RPs so it'd be nice if we could get a joint effort from the B/C subforum and gaia guilds in general

And as someone pointed out, this thread is very similar to yours but I feel yours is a bit more complete.
Most of the other minor guild fix up threads are linked in that one but really most are covered by either your thread or the other two main-ish threads

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff