Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bishsume
I kinda feel like this entire forum has been ignored.

crying This was supposed to have only gone on for a few weeks. Perhaps on Monday night in the Ask the Admin thread in the GCD -- oh, wait, I think they said they aren't doing those for a few weeks because Lanzer is going to be on vacation. Damn.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
bluecherry
Bishsume

crying This was supposed to have only gone on for a few weeks. Perhaps on Monday night in the Ask the Admin thread in the GCD -- oh, wait, I think they said they aren't doing those for a few weeks because Lanzer is going to be on vacation. Damn.

There was an ATA on monday. Apparently right now they're making up a planning list for the year, so hopefully something is done, with the entire forum, not just this thread. i'd like to hear answers and have this forum cleaned out of threads that they aren't going to impliment or have already implemented.
Rya Dracosin
bluecherry
Bishsume

There was an ATA on monday. Apparently right now they're making up a planning list for the year, so hopefully something is done, with the entire forum, not just this thread. i'd like to hear answers and have this forum cleaned out of threads that they aren't going to impliment or have already implemented.

Yeah, I know they had one this past Monday, but now the opportunity is gone for a few weeks. I hope finishing spring cleaning from last year will get on that list some time before spring this year. I agree the forum as a whole has gotten neglected unfortunately. I'd like to see things in general get addressed around here. Of course, I am especially hopeful for this thread to get some lovin' from the staff - after all, aside from the fact that clearly I like the idea, there's also the fact that even after aaaall this time, we're one of only two threads to reach that target of 5k cookies. User Image

Shy Gaian

As I'm messing around with the silver bells "I AM" and trying to find an item that will nicely layer with it, I think we do need a layer system. Not some big fancy thing, but just something for I am items.

Gracious Elder

5,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Cookie for you bluecherry heart

warpcore's Wife

Aged Gaian

here's a cookie I LOVE YOUR IDEA 4laugh

Demonic Warrior

I voted on this.

Sometimes is so frustrating to not be able to use an item you really like how you want it.

Specially an item you've waited for a while to come out but then you find yourself not been able to use it because of how it layers.

Edit:

Quote:
Note from Panagrammic: Moving this up to the main forum (and clearing votes for it), but you'll have to realize that this is such a huge implementation effort that it is very unlikely we would do it. The avatar composition code is very complex, and we have an entire suite of tools built around the way that it works now; changing that would require us to a) validate almost every item we have again, b) totally rewrite the avatar composition (which includes such things as filmstrip building, which are used in the flash games), c) rework the way we do animated items, d) change the way that we persist avatar data, e) come up with an interface for controlling the layering, f) figure out migration for old avatars, so on and so forth. Users are unhappy with the number of "green goo" problems we have now; can you imagine the number of problems that would be raised if layering was suddenly completely up to the user?

You know its pretty easy to say "We won't do it because it is too complicated."

Its not like this request is new, alot of people have been asking for this for years.

So the excuse of "There's too many items that need to be reworked on." is quite silly. Why? because years ago there were even less items that are now & even less flash applications and even then you didn't bother to work on it.

Other avatar based sites have this function already. Honestly tho this might even sound harsh but instead of having most of your attention on how to make a buck & working on a bunch of other pointless updates why not put a little of effort on something that's going to make most of Gaia fan base happy & scores yourself some extra points with us the users. A happy costumer is a fat wallet for you.

Think about it. Hopefully this will reach the eyes of someone in the Gaia staff. Cheers.

Wintry Vampire

16,925 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • There are two sides... 50
Ruria Dibella

..You have my vote!

You have my vote. I'd really like to be able to tuck some tops into the lolita skirts for a casual lolita look, oh and so my suspenders can clip to my skirt. Also the ribbon for the serafuku uniform layers above my gaia tankoubon and it really annoys me.

Tenacious Hellhound

We need this.

Heroic Animal

bluecherry
    Rya Dracosin
    bluecherry
    Bishsume

Yeah, I know they had one this past Monday, but now the opportunity is gone for a few weeks. I hope finishing spring cleaning from last year will get on that list some time before spring this year. I agree the forum as a whole has gotten neglected unfortunately. I'd like to see things in general get addressed around here. Of course, I am especially hopeful for this thread to get some lovin' from the staff - after all, aside from the fact that clearly I like the idea, there's also the fact that even after aaaall this time, we're one of only two threads to reach that target of 5k cookies. User Image

User Image
    I agree with you. Hopefully it's looked into.
    hellooo biggrin
    can u see me xp blaugh j/p

Ruthless Hunter

you have my vote.

Unbeatable Phantom

8,750 Points
    • Prayer Circle 200
    • Survivor 150
    • Champion 300
    Yes. Even if it takes a couple years so you don't have to feel horribly overwhelmed. Do it.

Make it cooler than tektek, though. smile (not that tektek isn't awesome)
    Just saying, if you're gonna do it, go all out. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces