30,665 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

2,150 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Both tektek and gaia have they strong points but i have spent so much money because of mixed layering to tektek wins, have a cookie.

Seeker

6,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Invisibility 100
I kinda feel like this entire forum has been ignored.

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
^Agreed. Completely.

stare
Any chance of htis ever happening? crying

Kitten

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cookie for you 4laugh

Dapper Businessman

7,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Widow

Lonely Phantom

10,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
User Image

It might be a pain in the a** to do but if the majority of the members want it then they need to do it.
I'm all for this, cookie given!

User Image

Greedy Noob

•••
      Eh...sorry but I'm completely opposed to this idea. If you want a different layering then there's plenty of other avatar rp websites that have it. I for one like the way Gaia has their layering system now. Besides, I wouldn't want them to focus on other things when they could be working on more important features like zOMG and any other bugs and glitches we currently have.

chukipi's Compadre

Devoted Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Alcestice
    •••
      Eh...sorry but I'm completely opposed to this idea. If you want a different layering then there's plenty of other avatar rp websites that have it. I for one like the way Gaia has their layering system now. Besides, I wouldn't want them to focus on other things when they could be working on more important features like zOMG and any other bugs and glitches we currently have.

the item layering now has faults tough. If we had it fixed our avis could look so much better. I've made avis ob tektek I couldn't make on gaia cause of the layering. Also I would rather have them focusing on the main site instead of zomg.

Perky Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Alcestice
    •••

We aren't asking them to devote every spare second to implementing this, I mean I've read nearly every comment and most of us (including myself) would be fine waiting a few years for this to actually happen so long as they at least tried working on it some. Also sure we could go to other sites but doesn't that defeat the purpose of gaia having this whole spring cleaning idea in the first place? I mean what you are seeming to say is "If you don't like it then too bad we don't need you here anyways" but there are many loyal gaians from way back in the first year that donated many times in order to keep this site afloat, do they not deserve to be heard out?

And I am oh so glad you enjoy the current layering system but another thing we said was to keep two different layering systems: the current one and then a free layering mode that both render into the finished avatar just fine. And as for them focusing on zOMG, bugs, glitches they are supposed to do that anyways. I mean they just now fixed the green goo around "I am" poses after years and guess what probably prevented them working on that glitch and any others for a long time, your beloved zOMG updates. I want the old games to be updated but you don't see me rejecting ideas liked by thousands of other people just since I have to have what I think is important. To me the community as a whole is very important.

chukipi's Compadre

Devoted Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Quixotic Quidam
Alcestice
    •••

We aren't asking them to devote every spare second to implementing this, I mean I've read nearly every comment and most of us (including myself) would be fine waiting a few years for this to actually happen so long as they at least tried working on it some. Also sure we could go to other sites but doesn't that defeat the purpose of gaia having this whole spring cleaning idea in the first place? I mean what you are seeming to say is "If you don't like it then too bad we don't need you here anyways" but there are many loyal gaians from way back in the first year that donated many times in order to keep this site afloat, do they not deserve to be heard out?

And I am oh so glad you enjoy the current layering system but another thing we said was to keep two different layering systems: the current one and then a free layering mode that both render into the finished avatar just fine. And as for them focusing on zOMG, bugs, glitches they are supposed to do that anyways. I mean they just now fixed the green goo around "I am" poses after years and guess what probably prevented them working on that glitch and any others for a long time, your beloved zOMG updates. I want the old games to be updated but you don't see me rejecting ideas liked by thousands of other people just since I have to have what I think is important. To me the community as a whole is very important.

~le clap clap clap~

Greedy Noob

_Heartless_Toast_

the item layering now has faults tough. If we had it fixed our avis could look so much better. I've made avis ob tektek I couldn't make on gaia cause of the layering. Also I would rather have them focusing on the main site instead of zomg.

Quixotic Quidam

•••
      Are you kidding? They wanted to scrap zOMG awhile ago until the userbase made it clear that they wanted it to stay. Frankly, I like how dynamic the layering system is now. Having every item changed just so users could customize their avis is frankly a waste of time. Besides, in my humble opinion it would just make everything all hideous. I do not want a system where it's similar to Roliana or any other RP site. I love the way Gaia is now. It's unique and unlike the others. Sure, some items are available on the other sites, but I think Gaia's layering system is just right. The layering system we have now DOES have faults, however if we implemented a new one just so that the users can customize to their desire would only open up new faults.
      Don't the users who oppose this idea also have a say?
      Listening to the users is important but that doesn't mean that Gaia has to listen to EVERY feature that the average user wants. Take for instance that one user who kept her thread going for about a year. She wanted to implement that Gaia remove the Just Added Section in the marketplace. Many of the users told her the faults in her idea. That is also a reason why I wished Gaia had the <3 and </3 function in this subforum. Then I could at least let Gaia know that I disagree with this thread, instead of having my post drowned out by the other posts of users who are completely oblivious to the amount of work this would take. Which, If I may say, is just a waste of resources and time. Some ideas are just not going to happen, I'm sorry. :s
      Have you seen this thread?
      http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/petition-dynamic-customizable-layering-system-asap/t.77179555/
      It's short, stocky, and silly. But it at least brings a few valid points.

Frankly, I hope Gaia overlooks this thread. I sincerely do. I applaud your assertiveness for this idea, but I'm afraid that it just might be a lost cause.
      confused

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces