Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Lunatic

Al Thani
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani
As some tend to believe that Muslim women are dominated by 'Men'. We are not, we are free from the male dominated world.

Just like the girls who get acid thrown in their face for getting an education or stoned for being raped?

I'm sorry, but where do you get this from?

Here.

and here

and here

All of those pages are first of all, Biased, and from Jerusalem Post, seriously? Islam protects and cares for women. It does not wish to harm them. Anything that stems from New York times carries its little bias and propaganda of Islamic Hate. It is funny though, because in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia is America's best friend. smile So is UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait. Women are not stoned, for being raped, nor are they thrown acid for getting an education. sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop Have you ever been to any Islamic country before?

So who's the liar and do you have proof the acid incidents never happened?

And no, I haven't been, and never plan to. I got better things to do than get killed.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
I3ad Karma
Abdul Salaam
I3ad Karma
Al Thani
I3ad Karma

Well your case is different then, most Muslim females have no choice and are locked in their own lives it's really sad. And you should wear whatever you want to wear, if people are frightened that just means they're ignorant ^^.

I know a lot of girls that follow Islam because they choose to do it. The whole Abaya thing is to protect girls, to form a sense of decency and humility. It's to protect from prying eyes. I wasn't raised Muslim b.t.w, but I was never non-conservative in the way I dress, because of how I was brought up. My mother structured a sense of conservatism and decency, apparel and elegance in how I would carry myself. I was always odd in class because girls now a days don't follow this kind of norm. I was always made fun of, and teased because I simply like being conservative and modest, simple, yet elegant and I don't need to show off my body, or my figure for people to see.

I don't know if I'm getting across razz

When I went down to Florida, and to South America this summer to visit relatives and some friends, I was confronted with my Abaya. Women would ask me, "Why don't you show off your 'body'?" And someone was even blunt enough to tell me, "You can't sell what you don't show". I told her, I'm not some cheap thing to be showing off in order to be 'sold'. What is this!? I was so appalled a their mentality. Why on earth would I ever show off my body to strangers in the first place? Where has decency gone that every living stranger needs to see our most intimate of intimates? Such as the breasts, which are very intimate and personal, they serve the purpose of breast feeding and creating the feminism in a woman. They're not for vulgarities or to attract and lure men through their gaze.

This has always been my train of thought, however when I converted, I was more engaged in being conservative through the use of the Abaya because it hides my figure. No one needs to know the exact figure of my body. I believe this is personal and intimate. This also does not mean that women who wear Abayas don't take care of themselves, in fact our sense of beauty stems inward, where we know, and feel pretty, but we don't need to show this off. Many women who wear Abayas, underneath you will find intricate and beautiful clothing, amazing hairstyles, everything is clean, modern and so forth. Because it is an inner sense of beauty and happiness.

I understand what you are saying but many Muslim women are not as luck as you and don't have that freedom. I think it's great that you think the way you do, but my point is you are an exception to the rule.

She's really not.

You're really not,

disproving anything.

Sorry, it's just one of those blindly obvious facts of life, yet one of the largest lie/ harmful steryotyp about Muslims, coming a close to second to "All Muslims are terrorists".

The fact of the matter is that across the world, the vast, vast majority of Muslim women wear it out of choice and pride.

There are instances where this is not the case, and they are indeed forced to wear it, that's regrettable but they are far from the norm.

Very few Muslims countries make it mandatory, in fact there are more (four times more) Muslim dominant countries that "Ban" the Hijab than make it mandatory.

SImply sitting there screaming "MUSLIM WOMEN ARE FORCED TO WEAR IT" over and over, like a broken record, does nothing, proves nothing, provides nothing.

Well nothing except more retarded stigma for the vast vast vast vast vast vast many many big lots majority of Muslim women who wear it out choice, And to incite yet more needless hatred and scorn towards anyone slightly different.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani
As some tend to believe that Muslim women are dominated by 'Men'. We are not, we are free from the male dominated world.

Just like the girls who get acid thrown in their face for getting an education or stoned for being raped?

I'm sorry, but where do you get this from?

Here.

and here

and here

All of those pages are first of all, Biased, and from Jerusalem Post, seriously? Islam protects and cares for women. It does not wish to harm them. Anything that stems from New York times carries its little bias and propaganda of Islamic Hate. It is funny though, because in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia is America's best friend. smile So is UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait. Women are not stoned, for being raped, nor are they thrown acid for getting an education. sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop Have you ever been to any Islamic country before?

So who's the liar and do you have proof the acid incidents never happened?

And no, I haven't been, and never plan to. I got better things to do than get killed.

Ive been to fifteen!

Shock...even with FEMALES...once even a gay female..dun..dun...dunnnnnnn!

Currently yet to see a fatality...the statistics are in your favor..holiday now!

Quotable Smoker

Abdul Salaam
I3ad Karma
Abdul Salaam
I3ad Karma
Al Thani

I know a lot of girls that follow Islam because they choose to do it. The whole Abaya thing is to protect girls, to form a sense of decency and humility. It's to protect from prying eyes. I wasn't raised Muslim b.t.w, but I was never non-conservative in the way I dress, because of how I was brought up. My mother structured a sense of conservatism and decency, apparel and elegance in how I would carry myself. I was always odd in class because girls now a days don't follow this kind of norm. I was always made fun of, and teased because I simply like being conservative and modest, simple, yet elegant and I don't need to show off my body, or my figure for people to see.

I don't know if I'm getting across razz

When I went down to Florida, and to South America this summer to visit relatives and some friends, I was confronted with my Abaya. Women would ask me, "Why don't you show off your 'body'?" And someone was even blunt enough to tell me, "You can't sell what you don't show". I told her, I'm not some cheap thing to be showing off in order to be 'sold'. What is this!? I was so appalled a their mentality. Why on earth would I ever show off my body to strangers in the first place? Where has decency gone that every living stranger needs to see our most intimate of intimates? Such as the breasts, which are very intimate and personal, they serve the purpose of breast feeding and creating the feminism in a woman. They're not for vulgarities or to attract and lure men through their gaze.

This has always been my train of thought, however when I converted, I was more engaged in being conservative through the use of the Abaya because it hides my figure. No one needs to know the exact figure of my body. I believe this is personal and intimate. This also does not mean that women who wear Abayas don't take care of themselves, in fact our sense of beauty stems inward, where we know, and feel pretty, but we don't need to show this off. Many women who wear Abayas, underneath you will find intricate and beautiful clothing, amazing hairstyles, everything is clean, modern and so forth. Because it is an inner sense of beauty and happiness.

I understand what you are saying but many Muslim women are not as luck as you and don't have that freedom. I think it's great that you think the way you do, but my point is you are an exception to the rule.

She's really not.

You're really not,

disproving anything.

Sorry, it's just one of those blindly obvious facts of life, yet one of the largest lie/ harmful steryotyp about Muslims, coming a close to second to "All Muslims are terrorists".

The fact of the matter is that across the world, the vast, vast majority of Muslim women wear it out of choice and pride.

There are instances where this is not the case, and they are indeed forced to wear it, that's regrettable but they are far from the norm.

Very few Muslims countries make it mandatory, in fact there are more (four times more) Muslim dominant countries that "Ban" the Hijab than make it mandatory.

SImply sitting there screaming "MUSLIM WOMEN ARE FORCED TO WEAR IT" over and over, like a broken record, does nothing, proves nothing, provides nothing.

Well nothing except more retarded stigma for the vast vast vast vast vast vast many many big lots majority of Muslim women who wear it out choice, And to incite yet more needless hatred and scorn towards anyone slightly different.

And you screaming "THEY ALL HAVE THE FREEDOM OF CHOICE" over and over like a broken record does nothing, disproves nothing, and

Quote:
In many Muslim countries, women lack equality and basic rights that other women take for granted; therefore, the burqa may seem to be is just one more example of patriarchal control.

There is some evidence that women in particularly conservative countries are forced to wear a burqa or niqab out of fear of beatings, arrests or honor killings.

source

I never proclaimed all muslim women have no rights, but it is a FACT that in conservative Islamic countries it is mandatory or enforced by Islamic males.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
I3ad Karma
Abdul Salaam
I3ad Karma
Abdul Salaam
I3ad Karma

She's really not.

You're really not,

disproving anything.

And you screaming "THEY ALL HAVE THE FREEDOM OF CHOICE" over and over like a broken record does nothing, disproves nothing, and

Quote:
In many Muslim countries, women lack equality and basic rights that other women take for granted; therefore, the burqa may seem to be is just one more example of patriarchal control.

There is some evidence that women in particularly conservative countries are forced to wear a burqa or niqab out of fear of beatings, arrests or honor killings.

source

I never proclaimed all muslim women have no rights, but it is a FACT that in conservative Islamic countries it is mandatory or enforced by Islamic males.

Actually it's usually enforced by Islamic Females...

Edit:As well as males...female scholars have historically always been much much much more insistent on the Hijab than men, just look at Saudi Arabia, the Burqah would never have been so huge over there without the female Scholarly consensus.

Aged Lunatic

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

All very horrific things, all very indicative that Afghanistan is a bat-s**t place...ive been there, I knew this before hand though.

Not at all relevant to this topic though, so why did you leave it here?, your a M&R Reg, you should be well aware of how we place topics, context and discussion.

Aged Lunatic

Abdul Salaam

All very horrific things, all very indicative that Afghanistan is a bat-s**t place...ive been there, I knew this before hand though.

Not at all relevant to this topic though, so why did you leave it here?, your a M&R Reg, you should be well aware of how we place topics, context and discussion.

It was targeted at Al Thani who asked a few days ago where I got my notions on Islam.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff