Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Lunatic

Al Thani
As some tend to believe that Muslim women are dominated by 'Men'. We are not, we are free from the male dominated world.

Just like the girls who get acid thrown in their face for getting an education or stoned for being raped?

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani
As some tend to believe that Muslim women are dominated by 'Men'. We are not, we are free from the male dominated world.

Just like the girls who get acid thrown in their face for getting an education or stoned for being raped?

Come come now, you know it aint the norm.

Your more honest than to use this line.

Fashionable Friend

4,700 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
I'm not a Muslim but I respect hijabi women more. It takes a lot of courage to show that outward sign of love of God. It looks very beautiful as well.

Bashful Genius

GunsmithKitten
Al Thani

I'm sorry, but where do you get this from?

Aged Lunatic

Al Thani
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani

Here.

and here

and here

Quotable Smoker

GunsmithKitten
Al Thani
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani

Here.

and here

and here

inb4 "but that was only afghani blah blah wahh wahh"

You women say you're free of a male dominated world, but what's a better world. A world where you choose to conceal yourselves? Or where you're taught to conceal yourselves?

Bashful Genius

GunsmithKitten
Al Thani
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani

Here.

and here

and here

All of those pages are first of all, Biased, and from Jerusalem Post, seriously? Islam protects and cares for women. It does not wish to harm them. Anything that stems from New York times carries its little bias and propaganda of Islamic Hate. It is funny though, because in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia is America's best friend. smile So is UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait. Women are not stoned, for being raped, nor are they thrown acid for getting an education. sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop Have you ever been to any Islamic country before?

Bashful Genius

I3ad Karma
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani

Here.

and here

and here

You women say you're free of a male dominated world, but what's a better world. A world where you choose to conceal yourselves? Or where you're taught to conceal yourselves?

I wasn't taught, nor forced to conceal myself. smile I choose to do it. I am not a cheap woman wink . I am a Diamond, and a Diamond is worth more when it's placed underneath a glass container because it is protected, then when it is left outside for it to get scratched, dusted, or dulled away.

Quotable Smoker

Al Thani
I3ad Karma
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani

Here.

and here

and here

I wasn't taught, nor forced to conceal myself. smile I choose to do it. I am not a cheap woman wink . I am a Diamond, and a Diamond is worth more when it's placed underneath a glass container because it is protected, then when it is left outside for it to get scratched, dusted, or dulled away.

So you're saying you just chose to be how you are without any influence of your parents or culture at all?

Bashful Genius

I3ad Karma
Al Thani
I3ad Karma
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani

Here.

and here

and here

So you're saying you just chose to be how you are without any influence of your parents or culture at all?

Yeah. I choose to wear the Abaya, I choose to practice Islam. If it wasn't for the fact that people would be scared or intimidated by the Niqab. I would also wear it. smile

Quotable Smoker

Al Thani
I3ad Karma
Al Thani
I3ad Karma
GunsmithKitten
Al Thani

Here.

and here

and here

Yeah. I choose to wear the Abaya, I choose to practice Islam. If it wasn't for the fact that people would be scared or intimidated by the Niqab. I would also wear it. smile

Well your case is different then, most Muslim females have no choice and are locked in their own lives it's really sad. And you should wear whatever you want to wear, if people are frightened that just means they're ignorant ^^.

Bashful Genius

I3ad Karma
Al Thani
I3ad Karma
Al Thani
I3ad Karma

Well your case is different then, most Muslim females have no choice and are locked in their own lives it's really sad. And you should wear whatever you want to wear, if people are frightened that just means they're ignorant ^^.

I know a lot of girls that follow Islam because they choose to do it. The whole Abaya thing is to protect girls, to form a sense of decency and humility. It's to protect from prying eyes. I wasn't raised Muslim b.t.w, but I was never non-conservative in the way I dress, because of how I was brought up. My mother structured a sense of conservatism and decency, apparel and elegance in how I would carry myself. I was always odd in class because girls now a days don't follow this kind of norm. I was always made fun of, and teased because I simply like being conservative and modest, simple, yet elegant and I don't need to show off my body, or my figure for people to see.

I don't know if I'm getting across razz

When I went down to Florida, and to South America this summer to visit relatives and some friends, I was confronted with my Abaya. Women would ask me, "Why don't you show off your 'body'?" And someone was even blunt enough to tell me, "You can't sell what you don't show". I told her, I'm not some cheap thing to be showing off in order to be 'sold'. What is this!? I was so appalled a their mentality. Why on earth would I ever show off my body to strangers in the first place? Where has decency gone that every living stranger needs to see our most intimate of intimates? Such as the breasts, which are very intimate and personal, they serve the purpose of breast feeding and creating the feminism in a woman. They're not for vulgarities or to attract and lure men through their gaze.

This has always been my train of thought, however when I converted, I was more engaged in being conservative through the use of the Abaya because it hides my figure. No one needs to know the exact figure of my body. I believe this is personal and intimate. This also does not mean that women who wear Abayas don't take care of themselves, in fact our sense of beauty stems inward, where we know, and feel pretty, but we don't need to show this off. Many women who wear Abayas, underneath you will find intricate and beautiful clothing, amazing hairstyles, everything is clean, modern and so forth. Because it is an inner sense of beauty and happiness.

Quotable Smoker

Al Thani
I3ad Karma
Al Thani
I3ad Karma
Al Thani
I3ad Karma

I know a lot of girls that follow Islam because they choose to do it. The whole Abaya thing is to protect girls, to form a sense of decency and humility. It's to protect from prying eyes. I wasn't raised Muslim b.t.w, but I was never non-conservative in the way I dress, because of how I was brought up. My mother structured a sense of conservatism and decency, apparel and elegance in how I would carry myself. I was always odd in class because girls now a days don't follow this kind of norm. I was always made fun of, and teased because I simply like being conservative and modest, simple, yet elegant and I don't need to show off my body, or my figure for people to see.

When I went down to Florida, and to South America this summer to visit relatives and some friends, I was confronted with my Abaya. Women would ask me, "Why don't you show off your 'body'?" And someone was even blunt enough to tell me, "You can't sell what you don't show". I told her, I'm not some cheap thing to be showing off in order to be 'sold'. What is this!? I was so appalled a their mentality. Why on earth would I ever show off my body to strangers in the first place? Where has decency gone that every living stranger needs to see our most intimate of intimates? Such as the breasts, which are very intimate and personal, they serve the purpose of breast feeding and creating the feminism in a woman. They're not for vulgarities or to attract and lure men through their gaze.

This has always been my train of thought, however when I converted, I was more engaged in being conservative through the use of the Abaya because it hides my figure. No one needs to know the exact figure of my body. I believe this is personal and intimate. This also does not mean that women who wear Abayas don't take care of themselves, in fact our sense of beauty stems inward, where we know, and feel pretty, but we don't need to show this off. Many women who wear Abayas, underneath you will find intricate and beautiful clothing, amazing hairstyles, everything is clean, modern and so forth. Because it is an inner sense of beauty and happiness.

I understand what you are saying but many Muslim women are not as luck as you and don't have that freedom. I think it's great that you think the way you do, but my point is you are an exception to the rule.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
I3ad Karma
Al Thani
I3ad Karma
Al Thani
I3ad Karma

I understand what you are saying but many Muslim women are not as luck as you and don't have that freedom. I think it's great that you think the way you do, but my point is you are an exception to the rule.

She's really not.

Quotable Smoker

Abdul Salaam
I3ad Karma
Al Thani
I3ad Karma
Al Thani
I3ad Karma

She's really not.

You're really not,

disproving anything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out