Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mowata
XxHinataHyugaClanxX
Mowata
XxHinataHyugaClanxX
-- Always keep Allah in your heart --
Im Muslim biggrin Yay meee! Anyways, I love love LOVE wearing the hijab ~!
I feel more comfortable wearing a hijab than a nijab because nijab isn't necessary
for a young individual like myself in U.S. I only wear a nijab when I visit my country because it
is expected for young women above 16 or so to wear one. In Islam the women's
body is the thing that should be covered not necessarily the face or hands. If your a Muslim
women in America wearing a nijab then people will mistakenly think that your a terrorist and
be afraid of you! So that means I wear a HIJAB in America and not a NIJAB. I tend to see
young "Muslim" women at my high school who wear a hijab but wear skin tight jeans and shirt.
Like seriously whats the point of wearing a hijab if your exposing your body figure! Well it
isn't my business but how dare they call themselves Muslims! It really annoys me...Sorry if I talk too much D: I ♥ you my Muslim brothers and sisters!

-- No matter the time or place --

So.. my Muslim friends that choose not to wear a hijab have no right to call themselves Muslims? I'll pass that along.

No they could call themselves Muslims and I couldn't care less. In Islam young women MUST cover their hair. Maybe your Muslim friends don't like the idea of covering their hair and they might not get used to it. It's their choice and wearing the hijab is a part of life for Muslim girls. I'm going to ask you a question. If someone looked at me ( with a hijab) and looked at another Muslim girl ( with no hijab) which girl would that person think is Muslim?
The hijab can help with identifying that your a Muslim woman. You want to show the world that you are a Muslim and that your proud of it. That's why I love it! biggrin

No offense, but that honestly made me laugh. Hard.

Wearing a hijab doesn't make you any more of a muslim than standing in a garage makes you a car. Unless wearing a hijab is the only thing to being a female muslim, then I stand corrected. If I looked at you with a hijab then I would assume that you were a muslim, yes, but if you acted in a way that was against your religion, then I would just as quickly assume that you weren't really sincere in your beliefs.

It must not be THAT mandatory because there are numerous devoted muslim females that choose not to wear the hijab, my friends included. I personally think it means more when you know someone's faith by how they act and not the colorful scarf they wear day in and day out, but that's just me.

Salam!
I really didn't write that comment to be humorous haha sweatdrop
You could still be a Muslim while not wearing the hijab. I have a friend who is
Muslim and she doesn't wear the hijab. She's still a muslim with or without it. She's
actually a practicer of Islam so she's still a newbie. But she says that when she's
TRULY a Muslim and not just a newbie she will wear a hijab. I wear a hijab because
Allah said so and it also said in the Quran. If you think that the hijab isn't mandatory then why do Muslim women cover their hair when they pray? The hijab is not only for hair. Its to cover neck and chest area. I really didn't say that Muslim women MUST wear a hijab. It's their choice and I couldn't care less by it. I really didn't mention anything about how a Muslim women must act. People could act in that way from ANY religion. There are a lot of Muslims out there who act like they don't take their religion seriously. So you think that Muslims should be calm, kind or something? I mean they should but not everyone is perfect honey. I really don't think that the way someone acts will determine their faith. Not particularly their appearance either. If you don't like my advice then I definitely recommend talking to a Imam at a mosque near you.
XxHinataHyugaClanxX
I tend to see
young "Muslim" women at my high school who wear a hijab but wear skin tight jeans and shirt.
Like seriously whats the point of wearing a hijab if your exposing your body figure! Well it
isn't my business but how dare they call themselves Muslims!

Salaam sister, a friendly reminder that there is no one but God who has the authority to judge who is and who is not a true Muslim. Surely a woman who does not wear a veil but prays is more pious than a woman who wears the veil but does not pray; neither woman can question the other because only God knows best.
The Holy Quran 5:8
O you who believe, be upright for Allah, bearers of witness with justice; and let not hatred of a people incite you not to act equitably. Be just; that is nearer to observance of duty. And keep your duty to Allah. Surely Allah is aware of what you do.
Peace and God bless.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Pale Maiden April
XxHinataHyugaClanxX
I tend to see
isn't my business but how dare they call themselves Muslims!

Salaam sister, a friendly reminder that there is no one but God who has the authority to judge who is and who is not a true Muslim.

Salaam, I hear this sprouted quite a lot, and it seems to be an overflow from Christianity.

When we get right down to it...a Muslim "can" judge who is and is not a Muslim more to the point we are commanded to, the Qur'an and the Hadith are both very clear and just how we do that, and how we punish people who Apostate and what are the signs of a believer and a hypocryt.

Conservative Voter

GunsmithKitten
If it's your choice, it's your choice, I won't think any less or more of you. Still, I despise the idealogy behind the clothing, as it's simultaneously insulting to women (your body is shameful and must be kept hidden) and men (who are all raging sex maniacs who will do god knows what if you're not covered head to toe).

Women choose to wear these covers to be closer to Allah (SWT) and to emulate Muhammad's wives who were the first to wear them for political reasons. It was NEVER meant to hide your body for being shameful.

Conservative Voter

Haha Coffee

Salaam, I hear this sprouted quite a lot, and it seems to be an overflow from Christianity.

When we get right down to it...a Muslim "can" judge who is and is not a Muslim more to the point we are commanded to, the Qur'an and the Hadith are both very clear and just how we do that, and how we punish people who Apostate and what are the signs of a believer and a hypocryt.

The point is that you are not meant to backbite, but instead talk to the brother or sister who is doing wrong and help them fix it. You are not meant to talk behind their back, because who does that help? Their wrongs aren't fixed.
I think the hijab (which I think is the headscarf Muslim women wear but I'm not sure so anyone who is more knowledgable about Islam or this please let me know! heart ) but the face veil that covers everything but the eyes (not sure what it's called. If anyone knows please let me know) I don't think we need in America. We humans like to interact with people and if you can just see a woman's eyes and nothing else, well, I and a lot of people might get scared. But if the woman CHOOSES to dress like that and it's not forced on her by her husband, then more power to her!

7,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Women in hijabs 'need sunlight or risk illness'

Thoughts on this? It's a pretty valid medical fact.
Demyan The Devil
Women in hijabs 'need sunlight or risk illness'

Thoughts on this? It's a pretty valid medical fact.

I just read the title, but women don't have to cover while outside it is just when men are around and i'm sure there are places (specially in Islamic countries) where women can go and be outside without covering. But your face is showing anyways, so you are getting a little sun.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Adam Weishaupt
Haha Coffee

The point is that you are not meant to backbite, but instead talk to the brother or sister who is doing wrong and help them fix it. You are not meant to talk behind their back, because who does that help? Their wrongs aren't fixed.

True, but I saw no backbiting there.

Simply an opinion, and a negative opinion is not backbiting, far from it.

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Aspie Eyes
I think the hijab (which I think is the headscarf Muslim women wear but I'm not sure so anyone who is more knowledgable about Islam or this please let me know! heart ) but the face veil that covers everything but the eyes (not sure what it's called. If anyone knows please let me know) I don't think we need in America.

Hijab is not just a headscarf, but the covering of the whole body except the face and hands. And the Hijab including the face veil is called a Niqab.

And about not needing it, I think it's very much needed, especially if you live in the city. whee

Quote:
We humans like to interact with people and if you can just see a woman's eyes and nothing else, well, I and a lot of people might get scared.

I can completely understand what your trying to say, and to a degree, I even agree with you, but the eyes itself show so much emotions of all kinds; head and hand gestures, basically body language and tone of voice helps a lot in interaction as well.

About being scared, I can also understand, because when one covers their face, it's like they are concealing their identity and others are like who is that behind it? What are they hiding under that long garment? yadda yadda yadda..

To be honest, I would not be scared of anyone unless they are glaring at me, coming at me with a weapon, trying to pick a fight with me, etc. Face veil or not.

The whole black look, I can see that it can kind of freak people out, and I actually agree. In the Middle East it's perfectly fine and acceptable, but in the West, I feel that women should n't wear all black. They could add some colors, since the Qur'an doesn't specify any color, so it's not like they are compromising or going against their faith. I add colors so it doesn't look that out of place. 3nodding

Quote:
But if the woman CHOOSES to dress like that and it's not forced on her by her husband, then more power to her!

Yay! 4laugh

Though women in Islam to a certain point have to obey their husbands. Only when the husband tells her to do something that it against Islam, then she is allowed to object. And also when the husband tells her to do something, it should be in the most kind and appropriate way. And at the end of the day, it's all about having an understanding between each other.

Amorous Visionary

17,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
nah LEEN
hijab.
What about hijab? whee

Bashful Genius

Hi,

I currently just wear the Hijab. Usually accompanied by an Abaya on some occasions. However, if my husband would feel more comfortable with me wearing a Niqab, I would not mind. smile Although, I would not wear if it was forced upon me, I do it out of personal conviction. I think most women that end up wearing the Abaya do it out of their own conviction and understanding. Also, to know that nothing is being exposed, that no one knows what your figure is, or whether or not you're fat, or skinny, or anything else is super wonderful.

When I went down to South America, I fully wore my Abaya in a city where women are so used to exposing themselves for male attention. People told me, whether I was 'dominated' by Islamic fundamentals, and by 'men'. I replied to them, that on the contrary, I am not dominated by Men, because I choose not to exhibit myself to them. I don't need to show how 'fit' or 'sexy' I am to anyone else but my husband, and a man that chooses to get to know you BASED on how you look, or exhibit yourself will never deserve you. smile A man that chooses to get to know you, based on the knowledge that you are conservative, modest and exhibit humility through your morals deserves all the time in the world to get to know you. wink So, that was my answer to people. As some tend to believe that Muslim women are dominated by 'Men'. We are not, we are free from the male dominated world.
I'm not a Muslim, but I find a certain beauty in the hijab. A different kind of femininity that isn't based on her sexuality, but on the woman's modesty, respect for herself and her moral conviction.

Fashionable Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I personally prefer a woman in full garb, including niqab, but it holds so much negative stigma that I'd rather have my SO just wear the headscarf.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff