Wizard Random Sempai
mcm
See Guardians.

Already did.

Stay till end of credits.
Take your trash with you.

I did those things too.

Lonely Genius

Wizard, I recently came to the conclusion that I am Evil.
To ratify and/or dispute this;

How would you define Evil, personally?

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
Shockfrost

In my opinion, "evil" is a state of selfishness that precludes the opportunity or ability to feel empathy or to understand how others would feel about your actions.

Essentially it's the same as being a psychopath.

A person can only TRULY be said to be evil if this is their default mode of thinking.

The interesting part of this definition is that it's defined by those outside of the one taking the actions, meaning that something such as a hurricane can be personified as "evil" in spite of not having any morals of its own.

Dedcadent Waffles

Wizard Random Sempai
Shockfrost

In my opinion, "evil" is a state of selfishness that precludes the opportunity or ability to feel empathy or to understand how others would feel about your actions.

A person can only TRULY be said to be evil if this is their default mode of thinking.

The interesting part of this definition is that it's defined by those outside of the one taking the actions, meaning that something such as a hurricane can be personified as "evil" in spite of not having any morals of its own.
I think my favorite attempt at an answer to this was from Mercedes Lackey in Arrow's Fall when Elspeth asks Dirk what evil is:
"It seems to me that evil is a kind of ultimate greed, a greed that is so all-encompassing that it can't ever see anything lovely, rare, or precious without wanting to possess it. A greed so total that if it can't possess these things, it will destroy them rather than chance that someone else might have them. And a greed so intense that even having these things never causes it to lessen one iota--the lovely, the rare and the precious never affect it except to make it want them."
"Evil can't create, it can only copy, mar, or destroy, because it's so taken up with itself."

Though, now that I've typed it out, I think there's a bit more to it than that.

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
PegasusHime
Wizard Random Sempai
Shockfrost

I think my favorite attempt at an answer to this was from Mercedes Lackey in Arrow's Fall when Elspeth asks Dirk what evil is:
"It seems to me that evil is a kind of ultimate greed, a greed that is so all-encompassing that it can't ever see anything lovely, rare, or precious without wanting to possess it. A greed so total that if it can't possess these things, it will destroy them rather than chance that someone else might have them. And a greed so intense that even having these things never causes it to lessen one iota--the lovely, the rare and the precious never affect it except to make it want them."
"Evil can't create, it can only copy, mar, or destroy, because it's so taken up with itself."

Though, now that I've typed it out, I think there's a bit more to it than that.

Still not a bad quote.

Nostalgic Elder

How much peanut butter is enough? Is there an amount?

Familiar Friend

Have you ever made a pancake in your rice cooker? What about a cake-cake?
(AEBO)

| Also, to put in my two cents on the subject of peanut butter |
Personally, I have three jars of peanut butter in my pantry and two different kinds of cookie butter.
I don't particularly feel like that's quite enough, though.

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
Kai LittleBlackSmith

Depends on what you're hoping to accomplish with that peanut butter.

In most cases, the answer is "yes" but really, the amount varies.

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
Minjonet the Marionette
Have you ever made a pancake in your rice cooker? What about a cake-cake?
(AEBO)

| Also, to put in my two cents on the subject of peanut butter |
Personally, I have three jars of peanut butter in my pantry and two different kinds of cookie butter.
I don't particularly feel like that's quite enough, though.

I have not done either, but I'm aware it CAN be done.

Familiar Friend

I made a pancake in my rice cooker, but it wasn't so pancake-y as it was, just more like a big fluffy cake. I think it would be really yummy with other ingredients in. Do you think chocolate or fruit?

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
Minjonet the Marionette
I made a pancake in my rice cooker, but it wasn't so pancake-y as it was, just more like a big fluffy cake. I think it would be really yummy with other ingredients in. Do you think chocolate or fruit?

I'd go with fruit, but that's just me.

Dedcadent Waffles

Kai LittleBlackSmith
Since I'm cheap and lazy, I tend to eat a PB&J every work day for lunch and that fills my quota. I usually don't want any other peanut butter stuff beyond that because getting tired of it will cost me more to switch lunch content. Though, I found some cookie recipes...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff