Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
wafflezinmahpantz
Do you think humans will get it together in time to prevent climate change from having a huge adverse affect on the world?

Sorry, that's kind of a gloomy question. But hi!

At this rate, no.

It's going to take something massive enough to cause an existential crisis in humanity, and by then it'll be too late.

salty mystica's Senpai

Spirit

omfg. this is back.
where has this been?

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
seoulie
omfg. this is back.
where has this been?

Uh...we never left?

sweatdrop
On telephones with letters arranged on the number pad, why are there not letters on the 1?

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
mcm
On telephones with letters arranged on the number pad, why are there not letters on the 1?

The letters on the telephone helped to distinguish exchanges.

For example, I grew with the first three digits 829. this stood for Turtle Creek - 9.

By dialing 1, you were telling the exchange that this was to be a long distance call and you were about to enter an area code, where exchange numbers can be reused.
Wizard Random Sempai
mcm

For example, I grew with the first three digits 829. this stood for Turtle Creek - 9.

By dialing 1, you were telling the exchange that this was to be a long distance call and you were about to enter an area code, where exchange numbers can be reused.

I can't believe I forgot about dialing one for long distance. I swear I'm not that young. gonk

Nostalgic Elder

Wizard Random Sempai
mcm

Then why the heck is Lancaster, Grant County, Wisconsin 723? Or the 608 region 608?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
Kai LittleBlackSmith
Wizard Random Sempai
mcm

Then why the heck is Lancaster, Grant County, Wisconsin 723? Or the 608 region 608?

I'm not too sure. Though are you sure that's the exchange for all of Lancaster and not a smaller subdivision or municipality in the area?

Nostalgic Elder

Wizard Random Sempai
Kai LittleBlackSmith
Wizard Random Sempai
mcm
I'm not too sure. Though are you sure that's the exchange for all of Lancaster and not a smaller subdivision or municipality in the area?
It's the whole goshdarn thing.
how is the random wizard today? O:
If Edmund had been present to receive a gift from Father Christmas (Instead of running off with the White Witch), what might he have received?

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
Xo-Big Momma-oX
how is the random wizard today? O:

Pretty good,

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
Kai LittleBlackSmith
Wizard Random Sempai
Kai LittleBlackSmith
Wizard Random Sempai
mcm
It's the whole goshdarn thing.

Then I cannot say, that's probably a question for your local phone company.

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
mcm
If Edmund had been present to receive a gift from Father Christmas (Instead of running off with the White Witch), what might he have received?

Edmund received something better than anything Father Christmas could have given him by his experience.

Wisdom and forgiveness.
Wizard Random Sempai
mcm

Edmund received something better than anything Father Christmas could have given him by his experience.

Wisdom and forgiveness.

I like this answer more than a tip can say.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff