Welcome to Gaia! ::

Title: Death Note (デスノート, Desu Nōto)
Rating: YA/T Young Adult - Older Teen
Genre: Suspense/Thriller
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: [no spoilers, please] Take a step into your own world where the Shinigami use black books to reap the human's lives into the next world. Ryuuk (Ryuk) a bored Shinigami creates his own fun by planting two note books on Earth and so the rules of the Death Note are given out. Now the morals take a twist on: Is murdering all that is legitimized as criminal alright? Mass murdering without conviction? We take the scene behind Raito - a genius young boy who wants to make the world a better place and with his life-companion, the annoying, funny, and some-what simple Ryuk. It isn't long until Raito has to develop his strategies before being caught.

Your Rating for the Artwork: B-
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: The art isn't my style and took me a while to get into. I have seen the first episode of the Anime and the art there is rather amazing, the manga's art is very old school and I guess the new pop-style mangas have gotten to me, but you soon find the art style well decided and a good choice for the thriller. Each character having a distinguishable face and features.

Your Rating for the Story: B+/A
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: The story took me about 3 chapters in before I decided I'd attempt finishing the manga. You can easily be confused if you don't read it with some perhipreal, but the author does a good job on unlocking things as he goes and you grow to truely question who's side you'd choose. "L" or "Raito". The story although simply placed around this note book is actually very in depth as rules guide how the book can be used and Raito the Genius uses his own techniques to get information with the notebook. The book will grow on anyone with eyes as every chapter is better than the last.

Suggested for people who like: Macabre, Thriller Novels, Dean Koontz.

Hallowed Witch

☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆

Title: The Silvery Crow (Shirogane no Karasu)
Author: Akimine Kamijyo
Number of Volumes: 2, still ongoing
Language: Japanese, not yet published in English
Rating: Teen. Mild language and a lot of violence, but not terribly graphic.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Silvery Crow is a legendary thief that no one can stop! After the world had plunged into decline thanks to a deal with the Demon Lord, people have begun searching for the fragments of the Demon Stone. According to legend, the person who gathers all thirteen fragments together can make a wish and it will come true. Main characters John and Lu are on the hunt for these legendary fragments.

Your Rating for the Artwork: A-
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Most of the line-work is very clean. The action sequences are also well laid out and drawn, not too flashy or too drawn out. Would like to see more color pieces for the series, but as its still in its early stages it might be a while before more are produced. Characters are well defined enough that they are easily recognizable from each other and the background people, while not as well drawn, are still of decent quality.

Your Rating for the Story: B
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: Its a typical action-adventure story, but I like that it moves quickly through the action and plot. Within 20 chapters, the plot has already severely progressed and some character background has been revealed. An excellent quick read, although its not too deep.

Suggested for people who like: MAR, Flame of Recca, King of Bandits Jing

☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Title:Nana
Rating:5/5 ^_^
Genre biggrin rama/Romance/Some Comedy
Basic Premise/Basic Plot:2 women named Nana move to Tokyo to begin a new life for themselves, they meet each other by chance and become close friends, soon they are swept into romance, drama, and rock concerts.

Your Rating for the Artwork: A
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Nana really has great art, Ai Yazawa really makes every character look original and his or her own person.

Your Rating for the Story: A
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: Very strong, and you feel like your being swept into the story yourself, the manga has a very good feel for drama and basic human principle. There are also alot of comedy reliefs which are hilarious and you'll die for ^__^

Suggested for people who like: People who like Shojo and romance, or even people that love fashion. Nana really has alot of style and you'll start to want to dress like the main characters XD

Hope This Helped!
Title:Yotsuba

Rating razz G...Seriously

Genre:Comedy

Basic Premise/Basic Plot: A 5 year old Yotsuba moves to a new town with her adoptive father and soon meets and becomes friends with the next door neighbors. The series revolves around young Yotsuba and her adventures with neighbors, a very large man named Jumbo, and a brand new town.

Your Opinion/Review of the Art: the same artist who did the "Azumanga Daioh" series, very clean and very good

Your Opinion/Review of the Story: its a simple story but with hilarious tiny plots. the whole story is just all the adventures Yotsuba has but is absolutly HILARIOUS, you will fall out of your chair the first time you read it.

Suggested for people who like: Comedy's, random storys, Azumanga Daioh.
Title: Highschool Debut/ or Koukou Debut
Rating: Teen
Genre: Romantic comedy, Drama, Shojo
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Haruna Nagashima gave her all to softball in middle school, and now that she's made her high school debut she's decided to give her all for a new goal. Getting a boyfriend and falling in love! However, she has one small problem. Since she never paid any attention to fashion or trend in middle school she has no idea how to go about attracting her yet-to-be-found love. But a chance encounter with with Yoh Komiyama provides her with the opportunity she needs. If he coaches her in how to become attractive, surely she can find herself a boyfriend!

Your Rating for the Artwork: B/A
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: It's not the usual art that I'm used to, but it's nice [:

Your Opinion/Review of the Story: I liked the story, it came out nicely.

Suggested for people who like: Anyone who likes Shojo Manga & Romantic Comedies.
Title: Fairytail
Rating:Everyone...mostly
Genre: action, humor
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: A world full of different guilds, that are supposed to go around getting rid of bad people. The main guild is the fairytail guild, while the main characters are Ezra - a girl with several different types of armor, Natsu - a fire eater and breather, Gray - controls ice, Lucy - a stellar spirit mage, and Happy - a weird cat with temporary wings.

Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Fairly good, though as with usual manga you can't ever tell whats going on in the blowing up scenes.

Your Rating for the Story: B+
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: It's there and going strong, really good if you comit to reading it. Lots of fiery explosions.

Suggested for people who like: humor, monsters, and huge explosions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff