Welcome to Gaia! ::

Title:Sand Chronicles/Sunadokei
Rating:100/10 x3
Genre:Romance, Shoujo, Drama, Comedy, Slice of Life
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Twelve-year-old Ann and her divorced mother move from big city Tokyo to her mother's rural hometown. How will Ann survive her exile from civilization? Then, when her mother commits suicide, Ann has to grow up fast. As the years pass, Ann learns to trust and depend on her new friends--Daigo and aristocratic siblings Fuji and Shika. But when Ann moves back to Tokyo to be with her father, will she be able to maintain a long-distance relationship with Daigo? And do Fuji and Shika harbor romantic feelings of their own that might rip their childhood friendships apart...?

Your Rating for the Artwork: A ++++++
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: A++++

Your Rating for the Story: A +++++
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: I think it was great, I'm really waiting for the next part of the series to be out, since I read it online. This means its still ongoing.

Suggested for people who like: People who like romance and drama, I can assure you that this is the best manga for you

3,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Title: Fullmetal Alchemist
Rating: Teen
Genre: Science fiction
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Edward and his brother use alchemy to bring back their dead mom but it all goes wrong. Now they're looking for the philosophers stone to bring back what they lost.

Your Rating for the Artwork: A
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: I really like it. Really consistant style. As the series progresses you can actualy see how the artist (Hiromu Arakawa) developes the style and tries more and more advance things.

Your Rating for the Story: A
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: Wonderful story. It leaves me hanging and ready for the next book. I read and re-read every copy that I own or can get my hands on.

Suggested for people who like: Inuyasha
Title: Les bijoux
Rating: Not rated but probably Older Teen
Genre: Romance, Fantacy
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Lapis/ Lazuli are born to a dwarf and hunchback but is a very beautiful teen with no deformities other then the fact he/she changes gender at seemingly random points in time. His family is really poor (spars) and serves under the land ruler Diamond. Every Land owner (Habit) has a land called a mine, they own servents and even juju's (concubines). When his parents die a horrible death he swears to kill their murderer (which he saw and injured) and overthrow all habits. This causes him to Travel all across the world have adventures and meet new freinds and allies.
Your Rating for the Artwork: A+
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: I love the hair and the eyes of the characters. It's detailed and you'll just love it.
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: It's extreemly sad story and has alot of twists and tradegies. It has a good plot and some very shocking events. This story has nudiety, violence, at some point i beleive there was a forceful almost rape.
Books: there is only five books
Suggested for people who like: Mature females.
I have quite a few.....

Title: Pita-Ten
Rating: 13+
Artist: Koge Dombo
Genre: Romance.
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: An angel named Misha with a mysterious past, lands onto earth and moves next door to a normal boy named Kotarou Higuchi, a boy who's father is always working and and who's mother died saving him from a car accident. The reason why Misha's on earth? To protect Kotarou!

Your Rating for the Artwork: A+ 10/10
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Very detailed and brings out the cuteness also.

Your Rating for the Story: A 9/10
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: It's a very good story-line, though at times it can be a bore reading through the chapter, it's actually vital to the story and every bit of it is worth reading.

Suggested for people who like: Kamichama Karin, people who ahve a sweet-tooth for hyperactive angels.

--------------------------------------

Title: Kamichama Karin
Genre: Fantasy, Romance
Artist: Koge Dombo
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: A girl who's parents have died. When her cat recently died, she came into thinking that it was the end and that she would be alone forever. But when a brother and a sister come, she finds out that her mother's memento, a ring, is a symbol that she is a goddess and along with Kazune and Hotaru, she finds out shocking secrets about her past life and why they came to her.
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Like Pita-Ten, it is very detailed and the outfits are amazing. Also, the cuteness. It can also show a lot of emotion.

Your Rating for the Story: A+ 10/10
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: A very unique and in-depth plot line.

Suggested for people who like: For people who like comedy and romance, Pita-Ten.

---------------------------------

Title: Gakuen Alice
Genre: Romance, Fantasy
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Mikan is an average 10 year old girl who lives with her grandad. She also is obsessed with her best friend Hotaru who has an unusual gift for inventing things that others can't. When Hotaru gets discovered by the goverment they take her away to a special gift school for geniuses called Alice Academy. Mikan can't stand being away from her best friend and so runs away to Tokyo where the school is. When she gets there she finds out that she also has a power, a unique one. She meets new friends and bullies and discovers that life is hard. Oh, and that the academy is actually an ultimate-talent, gift type of school with a hidden secret.

Your Opinion/Review of the Art: The art-work in this to me is different, it shows different effects for different sizes, shapes tec.

Your Rating for the Story: A+
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: I think the story-line is one of the best that I have heard by far.

Suggested for people who like: Ouran Host Club, people who are into Academy, power and fantasy types.
Title: Dogs: Bullets and Carnage (also for Dogs: Stray Dogs Howling in the Dark, the prequel) by Shirow Miwa
Rating: Most likely 18+
Genre: Action, Sci-fi, Seinen
Serialized in: Ultra Jump
Volumes: 3 volumes/36 chapters as of right now, but not complete.
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Since I'm not too good with plot summations: "Set in a post-apocalyptic world where violence, crime, genetic manipulation and other cruel scientific experiments have become common, the story focuses on four main characters who, through a series of coincidences, meet as they search for a way "below", looking for answers to their individual pasts."- Wikipedia

Your Rating for the Artwork:
B
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Some of the action gets a bit sketchy, but you get the basic gist of what's going on in the fight scenes, and when there's not a fight it's very crisp and very well done.

Your Rating for the Story:
B+
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: Like the art work it gets a bit fuzzy at times, but in the end you understand what's going on because of dialogue and the occasional plot summations at the beginning of some chapters. You'll get attached to the characters and it's a lot of fun. I'm hooked and I'm generally hard to please.

Suggested for people who like:
Any action and sci-fi mangas. There's some gore, but not a lot. It's also for people who like to think a little when they read.
Title: Ranma 1/2
Rating: 13+ a bit of nudity and swearing
Genre: Martial Arts, Action, Gender Bender, Comedy, Romance
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Ranma Saotome, 16, goes for a bit of training with his father in China. He falls into a magical spring that changes his molecular makeup. Whenever he is doused in cold water he changes into a girl and hot water reverses the effect.

Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Rumiko Takahashi (InuYasha). Draw your own conclusions

Your Opinion/Review of the Story: Lasts a very long time and the characters are great!!!! So funnah!!!!

Suggested for people who like: That's kind of a hard question but I think everyone should at least give it a try!! ^_^
Title: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Rating: 4/5
Genre: Action/Comedy (I guess)
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Tsunayoshi Sawada "Tsuna" is a klutzy, dorky 14-year-old student who goes through life with everyone calling him a "good-for-nothing loser." One day he's visited by a talking baby who calls himself Reborn. Reborn tells him that he is a hitman from the Mafia family named the Vongola. Reborn tells Tsuna that he is to become the next boss of the Vongola family, much to Tsuna's surprise. It's a hilarious mix of assassinations and everyday hassles that's very enjoyable to read.

Your Rating for the Artwork: B-
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: The artwork changes overtime from the DBZ crazy hair artisty to more Fullmetal Alchemist artwork, I guess. Kind of hard to say.

Your Rating for the Story: A-
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: The story is very funny, and the arcs aren't too long so you're not sitting on your butt waiting for the arc to be over. Reborn is just about the best character in the series. It starts out all comedy but becomes a more serious action mafia-esque story later on.

Suggested for people who like: It's different from every other manga I've ever read, but I'm the standard fan of Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, FMA, etc.

Peaceful Elder

18,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
Title: Maid-sama
Genre: Romance
Artist: Hiro Fujiwara
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Once an all boys school, Seika High, a renowned school full of reckless and filthy students, has recently become a co-ed school. However, with the female population still remaining a minority even after the change over the recent years, Misaki Ayuzawa takes it into her own hands to reform the school and allow a chance for the girls to feel safer in the rough environment.

Training, studying and even becoming the first female student council president of the school, Misaki has gained a reputation among the male students body as an uptight boy-hating dictator and as a shining hope for the teachers and fellow female students. However, despite her tough-as-nails appearance, she secretly works part-time at a maid cafe in order to support her family. Unfortunately, her secret is soon revealed when the somewhat impassive Usui Takumi, a popular boy at school, nonchalantly discovers her in a maid uniform after school..

Your Rating for the Artwork: 10/10
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: I love the outfits and the general cleanleness of the art work.

Your Rating for the Story: 10/10
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: I love it. The story is funny and extremly cute. Yet its not the tooth rotting type of sweetness, its the kind that just make you go 'Aww~'

Suggested for people who like: For people who like comedy and romance, and Special A

Invisible Trader

14,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Friendly 100
Title:Trigun
Rating:Teenagers
Genre:Action, Adventure and Comedy
Basic Premise/Basic Plot:I' am bad with summaries, but Vash the stampede is a gunman on the run with a bounty of 60 billion double dollars. But can't go into any town without anything bad happening or being shot at.

Your Rating for the Artwork: B+
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: The artwork itself are easy to follow and very detailed.

Your Opinion/Review of the Story:Well the story starts to pick up in Maximum and is very exciting throughout the end. Action and fighting puts you right into the story.

Suggested for people who like: I would suggest this to anyone who loves action packed adventure. Anyone who enjoyed Rurouni Kenshin or anything similar would be pleased. Also falling in love with Vash as he kind of grows on you.
Title: HAJIME NO IPPO
Rating: Teens
Genre: Sports, Shonen, Comedy, Action
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Makunochi Ippo is an ordinary high school student in Japan. Since he spends most of his time away from school helping his mother run the family business, he doesn't get to enjoy his younger years like most teenagers. Always a target for bullying at school (the family fishing business grants him a distinct odor), Ippo's life is one of hardship. One of these after-school bullying sessions turns Ippo's life around for the better, as he is saved by a boxer named Takamura. He decides to follow in Takamura's footsteps and train to become a boxer, giving his life direction and purpose.

Number of volumes: currently 85
Number of chapters: currently 841

Your Rating for the Artwork: B
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: At first I can't say it was all that great, but as the series goes on, you can see an obvious improvement.

Your Rating for the Story: A-
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: The story is mostly focused on boxing in general, but that doesn't mean the character's personal life is forgotten.

Suggested for people who like: Eyeshield 21, Prince of Tennis, Ashita no Joe
Title: Kurohime by Masanori Ookamigumi Katakura
Rating: 13 plus
Genre: fantasy action adventure
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Kurohime is a witch gunslinger. She challenged the gods and lost, so they placed a curse on her that transformed her into a little girl. The only way to regain her true form and power is to find true love. A young boy named Zero meets up with a little girl who turns out to be Kurohime, and he makes a point of helping her regain her powers, but it won't be easy.

Your Opinion/Review of the Art: The drawings of Kurohime are excessively flattering, but not obscene. She's actually quite lovely, and her emotions are well expressed. The backgrounds are not given as much attention as the characters. In fact, I often found myself thinking they must be in the middle of nowhere, but it did not detract from the enjoyment. The way the characters are drawn match their personalities well and tend to evoke emotion in the reader. There are some suggestive moments portrayed in a humorous manner.

Your Opinion/Review of the Story: The story is unexpectedly highly emotional. In the beginning, Kurohime comes off as a selfish little brat who uses and abuses on a whim. Her partner Zero is quite naive in the beginning, but his devotion is inspiring. There are funny moments along with some sad ones. Seeing the main character's mental development as she learns the meaning of the gods' curse is realistic and entertaining, especially as she and Zero grow closer. In volume 4 you finally learn the whole story behind Kurohime's curse, which isn't what you may think. At the end of volume 5, Kurohime faces a horrible decision and a tragic twist of fate that fuels the rest of her journey.

Important suggestion: This is not recommended for people who are easily offended by the occult, as the pentagram is featured as a necessary element of magic spells. There is a scene where it is featured in a church as a source of spiritual power. The pentagram is portrayed as spiritually neutral, so other than individual character motivations, there are no references to evil.
I thought I'd give a better review of Nightmare Inspector.

Title: Nightmare Inspector
Rating: 13 plus
Genre: fantasy mystery with a dash of suspense
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Mifumi runs a tea house with her "brother" Hiruko, who is a dream-eating demon known as a Baku. People come to the tea house each night to have Hiruko help them resolve their nightmares. In return, he eats the nightmare.

Your Opinion/Review of the Art: The artwork is lovingly nightmarish. There's nothing too intense, but it provides that sense of desolation that fits perfectly with nighttime.

Your Opinion/Review of the Story: The story was a lot better than I thought it would be. Many of the chapters have twist endings that would make Rod Serling and O. Henry proud. Nothing in this manga is what it appears to be, which is exactly as it should be. Though the story deals mostly with people's nightmares, there are a few chapters dealing with Mifumi's past, Hiruko's origins, how they met, and how Mifumi considers him as an important substitute for her missing brother.

Suggested for people who like: If you like the original Twilight Zone, then you'll probably like this.
Title: Vampire Knight
Author: Matsuri Hino
Language: English.
Number of Volumes: 9 volumes currently released
Rating: teen
Genre: Fighting (comedy and romance)
Plot: It starts on a snowy night when Yuki was saved by a vampire named Kaname. yuki is adopted by the headmaster of cross Academy as time going by she grows up with the same idea as her father to have vampires coexist peacefully with humans. She become a guardian with her childhood companion Zero, whos family was killed by a pure blood vampire. Zero want to kill all vampires. through the manga fate is twisted and Yuki and Zero try to find answers to their memories and their future.
Your Rating for the Artwork: A+
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: Mastsuri Hino's plot is awesome
Suggested for people who like: Chibi vampire, Rosario + Vampire, and Fallen Vampire

Buffy the Vampire heart heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces