G: Liltotto Lamperd 0.045325779036827 4.5% [ 16 ]
H: Bazz-B 0.12464589235127 12.5% [ 44 ]
I: Cang Du 0.10481586402266 10.5% [ 37 ]
J: Quilge Opie 0.022662889518414 2.3% [ 8 ]
K: BG9 0.01699716713881 1.7% [ 6 ]
Z: Giselle Gewelle 0.093484419263456 9.3% [ 33 ]
Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

Ok so bleach is a great. I love the plots and story lines. But the bleach movies r ok i guess

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Ugh... the translator for Mangastream is beginning to annoy me. I mean, I know Ichigo is close to eighteen or so, but what eighteen year old has ever said "rockin' franks and beans, if you catch my drift"?

Of course this guy isn't going to be any more serious than the last when he's acting normally. Then he gets scary when he gets serious.

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
I agree Rolla. The translations in Manga stream were kind of weird this time, especially that specific statement by Ichigo. confused

Other than that, pretty nice chapter. I didn't find it too impressive but it was funny. My favorite part was when Ichigo and Renji stood on their hands.

User Image
Even if everything or everyone fails we will always have out loved Kon to cheer us up.We need Kon to be the next King of Souls XDD

Romantic Lunatic

Huh.

I want to see where this goes. *pulls up a chair*

I wonder if they will be dealing with their own, or the spirits in general. All the zanpakutou seen were in a humanoid form. I wonder if any of the designs from the Rebellion Arc will re-appear, of that was just how that dude made them.

A thought I had when he said what they actually were was "were they all his, or were they someone else's who didn't make it through?"

--

That whole huge space inside while looking like a tiny space from the outside... needs to happen to my room.. like noaw.. I'm starting to get a little jealous of these people. cat_scream

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
M a h z a l a
I agree Rolla. The translations in Manga stream were kind of weird this time, especially that specific statement by Ichigo. confused
They've been weird in the last few scans, actually. I mean, they seem to be making all of the characters extremely foul mouthed. I much preferred the scans that Manga Panda has, despite the lower quality. Ichigo only said that he bet they were all guys or something, rather than something so vulgar.

Romantic Lunatic

There were a bunch of those sorts of phrases peppered in the chapter after the Quincy Invasion. With the Captains meeting with people freaking out in it.
Well it's official, Shin Hokuto Musou is watered down compared to its predecessor. I know what I'll be spending my money on. In any case, back to Bleach news.

Looks like Ouetsu here is going to be having a power similar to Aries Mu's Cloth Restoration ability, so I'm assuming since he did state might re-forge their zanpakutou after completing their little trial.
I so want to do a year-end review since they seem to be floating around everywhere about what happened this year in Bleach with a sort of meme feel to it like, "When we first saw the Royal Guard we were all like.... (with pictures showing how goofy they looked then)...but then we were like....(when they actually started showing promise)".

I do believe I actually did something similar a few years ago where I said something about the most memorable scenes in Bleach, the number one WTF moment being when Yammy oh so subtly declared he was the best Espada.

If I had to give a simple rundown of this year's wackiest Bleach moments it'd include:

1.) The terribly simple defeat of the over-hyped Fullbringers (which is funny since the end of the FB arc was the first issue of Bleach this year)

2.) The rather saddening end of the actually enjoyable anime counterpart that depicted the same

3.) The reinstatement of 3 of the 4 Gotei 13 captain-class vizards and subsequent rebuilding of the Gotei 13

4.) The reappearances of Nel, her replacement Halibel and her underlings the Beasts

5.)The death of Yamamoto (which I sadly almost forgot), maybe the most impactful, if only to me

6.) The appearance of the Royal Guard

7.) Kyouraku's appointment to his mentor's old position as Soutaichou and 1st Division Captain

8.) And the revelation of the identity of the original Kenpachi and the connection to the latest one: Unohana Yachiru.

Speaking of Unohana I think I can say quite unequivocally now that there is absolutely no reason for her not to be in the Bleach games, not that there was much of one before we found out who she was if the makers could both Kon, a powerless mod soul plushie, and Kenpachi Zaraki, a sword-swinging maniac, in the game, a person whom we've come to learn was more than inspired by Unohana herself!

Son, just because I asked for a beautiful woman doesn't give Mahzala and the others the right to get a bishie; the series is inordinately chock full of them!

I actually liked the value of that line everyone's ragging on. The vulgarity today, in my opinion, is not as bad as it was back in the day, say when Ichigo shouted "what the ******** are you guys doing?!" when everyone was thrashing Momo thinking she was Aizen. In those days, "********" was disgustingly tossed around like nothing.

Anyways, I do believe that both Zangetsu and Zabimaru (the nue, not the one in the zanny arc) are cooler than both Ichigo and Renji. Given the choice, I'd opt for them every time, be it in a game, interest, etc. Zangetsu is just so swagged out and Zabimaru the nue seemed so business oriented when he wanted to fight Zangetsu/Ichigo again, which I loved.''

I'm disappointed that the wikia doesn't have any information on the actual Zabimaru in Renji's powers/abilities section.

Romantic Lunatic

doc olden

Son, just because I asked for a beautiful woman doesn't give Mahzala and the others the right to get a bishie; the series is inordinately chock full of them!

Anyways, I do believe that both Zangetsu and Zabimaru (the nue, not the one in the zanny arc) are cooler than both Ichigo and Renji. Given the choice, I'd opt for them every time, be it in a game, interest, etc. Zangetsu is just so swagged out and Zabimaru the nue seemed so business oriented when he wanted to fight Zangetsu/Ichigo again, which I loved.''

I'm disappointed that the wikia doesn't have any information on the actual Zabimaru in Renji's powers/abilities section.

A little animosity? User Image

Besides, I was under the impression that people liked what they were getting with the Bleach women. Many different kinds of cute/sexy, and different sizes and personalities to suit individual interests. Aside from the cuter character niche most of the Bleach men I've found to be fan-ed over were just really-really in shape, with cool hair (or lack of in some cases cat_rofl ) nice faces and attitudes to fit what you liked.

I do like the non-humanoid portrayed Zanpakutou that we've seen.

I forgot who I was looking up, but I was trying to look into what was canon on their Zanpakutou's abilities and there was like..nothing.. you'd think with how detailed the rest of the wikia was on them, that there would be a section in each article just on their swords. Even if it was just full of N/A or To Be Determined.
doc olden

I must say I am impressed with your list of things Bleach has displayed this past year. It may have had a much desired beginning and end, but at least Kubo managed to close this year with something for us to look forward that is not a disappointment. IMHO, I agree with the Fullbringers. If they were that dangerous as foes, he could have at least characterized their abilities better instead of leaving it all vague and abstract when describing things like 'souls in objects.'

doc olden

PotionsPet

What's hilarious is that Saint Seiya was chock-ful of bishies. As a matter of fact, here's an intriguing tid-bit for anyone familiar with anime subculture. Apparently, many fan-arts and fan-manga of Saint Seiya helped popularize the term 'yaoi' to the broad subject that it is now. What else do you expect when you have this jail bait of a character tagging alongside the heroes.

Having said that, the number of bishies existing in Bleach no longer became surprising since Saint Seiya was riff with it. However, what is surprising is the amount of attractive ladies in Bleach, of which Saint Seiya only had about three or four of them. Perhaps this is one of the very few things Kubo did on his own accord. rofl

doc olden

Well, we'll just have to wait and see if Zangetsu and/or Hollow Ichigo will make an appearance in this arc. And by Zangetsu, I assume you mean old man Zangetsu and not bishie Tensa Zangetsu, right?
Thanks for the compliment Son. That means a lot, man.

There is quite a variety of women in Bleach, each with something for every man, so with that in mind I have to say that I can't decry the situation with the amount of bishies; yes indeed, 'twas just a jest 3nodding

And yes, Son, I do prefer Old Man Zangetsu to his half-and-half bishie counterpart, Tensa.

Agreed on that bit about Kubo adding a lot more beautiful women in this series than Saint Seiya did.

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
I have a confession to make. emotion_dealwithit I think half the reason I read Bleach is because Kubo makes very good looking characters, emotion_kirakira both male and female compared to other shouneun anime and manga artists. His style is also unique and realistic. emotion_dowant

Even though Tensa's way cuter, I also prefer Old man Zangetsu. He's just much cooler. whee

P.S. Nice list by the way. Sums things up really well. mrgreen
doc olden

It's all good, doc.

The way I see it, Kubo seems to be the type of person who caters both genders, or so it seems.

Guess what? I think I found the origin of the Fullbring concept right here in field of Stoicism. I'll just quote this here.

wikipedia
In the Stoic universe, everything is constituted of matter and pneuma. There are three grades or kinds of pneuma, depending on their proportion of fire and air.

The pneuma of state or tension (tonos). This unifying and shaping pneuma provides stability or cohesion (hexis) to things; it is a force that exists even in objects such as a stone, log, or cup. The 4th-century Christian philosopher Nemesius attributes the power of pneuma in Stoic thought to its "tensile motion" (tonicê kinêsis); that is, the pneuma moves both outwards, producing quantity and quality, and at the same time inwards, providing unity and substance. An individual is defined by the equilibrium of its inner pneuma, which holds it together and also separates it from the world around it.

The pneuma as life force. The vegetative pneuma enables growth (physis) and distinguishes a thing as alive.

The pneuma as soul. The pneuma in its most rarefied and fiery form serves as the animal soul (psychê); it pervades the organism, governs its movements, and endows it with powers of perception and reproduction. This concept of pneuma is related to Aristotle's theory that the pneuma in sperm conveys the capacity for locomotion and for certain sensory perceptions to the offspring.

This entire thing makes sense since Fullbring powers involve the manipulation of qualities and properties already existing within an object. Having stated this, it doesn't seem like a stretch as to how Fullbring powers can still work when you're in a spiritual plane like the Soul Society, seeing as how Tsukishima was holding on to Book of the End at the end of that chapter with Ganju. In any case, I just wanted to throw that out in the open.

M a h z a l a

I wouldn't say Bleach's artwork is 'unique' and 'realistic.' After the Soul Society Arc, he began to recycle a lot of used character appearances, such as Tensa Zangetsu resembling Ulquiorra. Hell, even slim Hikifune bears a very familiar resemblance to Rangiku. If I had to describe Kubo's handiwork, I'd say it's more 'detailed'. As I've stated before, the greatest (positive) achievement Kubo has done in his career thus far is that his artwork has vastly improved compared to when Bleach started. His use of shadings as well as contorting shapes help to add a sense of atmosphere in that particular scene, like when Yamamoto unleashed his bankai or when Ichigo found out his friends and family were under Tsukishima's ability. In my book, the award for realism goes to the artist Ryuichi Ikegami while the award for uniqueness goes to Hirohiko Araki, the author/artist behind JoJo, and is the ONLY current artist whose works have been accepted by France's The Louvre and has himself designed actual fashion clothing. But then again, I might just be saying $hit since the concept of art itself has no 'right' or 'wrong' answers and that it's all up the individual's aesthetics.
In my opinion, the prize goes to Takehiko Inoue, creator of Slam Dunk and Vagabond, the latter of which is actually what I'm attributing his sense of realism to. As for uniqueness, in the sense of aesthetic artistry, I'd give it to my man Oh!Great, (specifically when you see his latest series Air Gear), and Kei Machida, the series emblem designer. I hate to sound subjective but if anyone is a true fan of graphic design they will rejoice at the sight of Machida-Sensei's various emblems in Air Gear.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff