Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PetitChat

Just don't be left thinking you have to supplement. My friend had a normal sized newborn and kept getting told he wasn't gaining enough even though he was. She started supplementing and thinking she had to feed him everytime he made a noise and soon he was in the 90th percentile for weight when he shouldn't have been (because he was average height-wise). He gained too much too quickly and she actually stopped breastfeeding because she was left thinking he supply wasn't enough for him, when in reality it probably was. sad

I actually don't supplement as much as they want me too. Not to mention, he roughly gained an oz a day, and I only fed him formula yesterday. Now that I have a pump and am taking Fenugreek, I still have hope. And so far he hasn't gotten n****e confusion, which is what I'm more worried about. {I know it's not that common, but it still happens.}
Digital Fiend
PetitChat

Just don't be left thinking you have to supplement. My friend had a normal sized newborn and kept getting told he wasn't gaining enough even though he was. She started supplementing and thinking she had to feed him everytime he made a noise and soon he was in the 90th percentile for weight when he shouldn't have been (because he was average height-wise). He gained too much too quickly and she actually stopped breastfeeding because she was left thinking he supply wasn't enough for him, when in reality it probably was. sad

I actually don't supplement as much as they want me too. Not to mention, he roughly gained an oz a day, and I only fed him formula yesterday. Now that I have a pump and am taking Fenugreek, I still have hope. And so far he hasn't gotten n****e confusion, which is what I'm more worried about. {I know it's not that common, but it still happens.}

I dunno why so many professionals suggest supplementing. I mean...you would think they would know better, right? Like... yeah, sometimes you hear of moms who don't produce enough but that's rare too and some doctors leave people thinking it's common and everyone should worry about it. Just stand your ground! razz

Sparkly Fatcat

-raises hand
I have a morning sickness question

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Mommie Monster
-raises hand

Feel free to ask. Pretty sure someone will be able to answer. 3nodding

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PetitChat
Digital Fiend
PetitChat

I dunno why so many professionals suggest supplementing. I mean...you would think they would know better, right? Like... yeah, sometimes you hear of moms who don't produce enough but that's rare too and some doctors leave people thinking it's common and everyone should worry about it. Just stand your ground! razz

As rare as it is, I have two friends that didn't produce enough. One tried really hard. I think with me it's mainly his feeding habits. *Glares at adorable sleeping baby* Last night it took two hours to get him to feed for 15 minutes roughly on each breast. >_<

Sparkly Fatcat

Digital Fiend
Mommie Monster
-raises hand

I get nuseated in the morning, not throw up.
and
through out the day I get this "someones finger down my throat feeling"
and I gag.
it's not really related to nusea, is that still normal?
Digital Fiend
PetitChat
Digital Fiend
PetitChat

As rare as it is, I have two friends that didn't produce enough. One tried really hard. I think with me it's mainly his feeding habits. *Glares at adorable sleeping baby* Last night it took two hours to get him to feed for 15 minutes roughly on each breast. >_<

Just remember that sometimes a routine takes awhile. I'm sure it was a good two months before Aden and I really got the hang of it...and then it changes anyway! razz

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Mommie Monster
Digital Fiend
Mommie Monster
-raises hand

and
and I gag.

There were two instances that come to mind that I had actual morning sickness, the puking kind.

The first time, I just finished eating a go-gurt. I puked it up so fast it still tasted like it did when it went down. As soon as I finished, I was like "Yeah, that's not going to stay down". No nausea or anything beforehand.

The second time I don't think I had eaten in awhile, so when I tried to eat, everything tasted horrible. I forced down a bowl of cereal and puked it up.

Oh! The one time I felt actual nauseated without the glucose test was in my third trimester: I woke up feeling sick and after half an hour of fighting it, everything finally came up. Chicken noodle soup and orange juice. Yuck.

So, yeah. It's normal. ^_^ Everyone has different experiences. My cousin never threw up, but she felt nauseated throughout all four of her pregnancies.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PetitChat

Just remember that sometimes a routine takes awhile. I'm sure it was a good two months before Aden and I really got the hang of it...and then it changes anyway! razz

Yish. Next week will be interesting. James starts second shift next week/month {heh!}.

One of the great things about living with my mom is that I have her around to help out a little with Nan time. heart
Digital Fiend
PetitChat

Yish. Next week will be interesting. James starts second shift next week/month {heh!}.

One of the great things about living with my mom is that I have her around to help out a little with Nan time. heart

I'm glad you consider your mom a blessing! Haha I would've killed any one of my parents (or Aden's dad's parents) had they tried to instill their "knowledge". They all, well maybe not my mom, tried to tell me how THEY would do things even though it wasn't how I wanted to do them.

Aden's dad's mom was the worst. "I smoke while I was pregnant and my kids are fine." "We smoked in the house when they were younger and they're fine." "My kids were formula fed and they're fine." That's great, my kid is raised smoke-free (mostly) and he was breastfed for 10 months and guess what? He's fine! Haha

I'm glad Tyler's mom will never be like that...she'll just be the loving, spoiling, "this is how I did it but you don't have to" kind of grandma. Haha

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PetitChat
Digital Fiend
PetitChat

I'm glad you consider your mom a blessing! Haha I would've killed any one of my parents (or Aden's dad's parents) had they tried to instill their "knowledge". They all, well maybe not my mom, tried to tell me how THEY would do things even though it wasn't how I wanted to do them.

Aden's dad's mom was the worst. "I smoke while I was pregnant and my kids are fine." "We smoked in the house when they were younger and they're fine." "My kids were formula fed and they're fine." That's great, my kid is raised smoke-free (mostly) and he was breastfed for 10 months and guess what? He's fine! Haha

I'm glad Tyler's mom will never be like that...she'll just be the loving, spoiling, "this is how I did it but you don't have to" kind of grandma. Haha

My mom has been a little...weird when it comes to formula, but it's because she knows how important breastfeeding is for me.

Totally caught a video of Will pooping. emotion_awesome
Digital Fiend
PetitChat
Digital Fiend

My mom has been a little...weird when it comes to formula, but it's because she knows how important breastfeeding is for me.

Totally caught a video of Will pooping. emotion_awesome

That's good of her....sounds like a nice mommy! razz

Shameless Consumer

Mommie Monster
Digital Fiend
Mommie Monster
-raises hand

and
and I gag.

Pretty much any and all forms of nausea are normal. I had that lump-in-my-throat feeling for weeks, especially when I was nauseous but didn't have anything left to throw up.

Heroic Mage

Speaking of pain, my neck/shoulder pain is finally gone...but I woke up with severe achy legs.

I can't even get up/move without a lot of pain.

Sparkly Fatcat

I love you guys so much, answering all of my questions <3
But I have one more and it's an important one.
Cramping.
I still cramp. maybe 3 or 4 times a day.
and they are small but very noticable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces