Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Humorist

I forgot why they hate it but they want me to change that

I forgot why I became an organ donor..I thought it would be cool if my kidneys can be used when I'm dead or something

Discuss
How a ghost is able to give organs.
Are you an organ donor? Why?
If not, why?
Cremation should not be the word to represent burning stuff..sounds too sweet to me
Wanna see the huge pizza I ate?

Familiar Friend

Ghosties can donate the organs they kept freezed up in the fridge for centuries. O:
I'm an organ donor, it says it on my license.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
You won't need them when you're dead.

If they're worried about you not getting your kidneys back in the Christian Rapture, then I argue they don't trust in Jesus' omnipotence. The body rots away anyway. Might as well delay part of it rotting away by letting someone else use it.

Those are literally the only two reasons I can think of to disapprove of organ donation.

Invisible Humorist

Pastelette

Ghosties can donate the organs they kept freezed up in the fridge for centuries. O:
I'm an organ donor, it says it on my license.

You figured out my secret

And it explains why I'm obsessed with eating out of other people's fridges

Invisible Humorist

Nitroglycerific Rainbow
You won't need them when you're dead.

If they're worried about you not getting your kidneys back in the Christian Rapture, then I argue they don't trust in Jesus' omnipotence. The body rots away anyway. Might as well delay part of it rotting away by letting someone else use it.

Those are literally the only two reasons I can think of to disapprove of organ donation.

Hm I should have listened why they don't want that. I don't think it was a religious reason but if it was I won't be surprised

Kawaii Sentai

My guess is they don't want you to be in surgery and then the Dr notices you can donate and your organs match x patient who is worth more than you in money terms so they let you die to serve the other patient.

Invisible Humorist

The Forbidden Soul
My guess is they don't want you to be in surgery and then the Dr notices you can donate and your organs match x patient who is worth more than you in money terms so they let you die to serve the other patient.

Has this happened before?...holy s**t..

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
GhostlyMark
The Forbidden Soul

Doubtful, and if it has, it's been tremendously sparse. Doctors are still obligated to take the Hippocratic Oath, which insists that doctors above all do no harm. That means try to save everyone, not save the profitable guy with the poor guy's organs.
I think it's swell that you're an organ donor. It's sort of like recycling parts, and if that can prevent another's body from breaking down, then it's a wonderful gift you'll be leaving behind. You'll help prolong another person's life with a little piece of yourself.

Original Regular

I think it's stupid that people have qualms about being organ donors. The only thing I could say is if say someone was an alcoholic obviously they shouldn't donate a liver BUT I realized they test these kinds of things and if it's a bad organ it goes to colleges for dissection and study etc. It's selfish of people unless it's a religious practice (and even then, meh) to be AGAINST organ donation upon death. People don't realize how many millions of lives that s**t saves every year.

Organs don't grow on trees . . . . yet. Believe me I've tried, my kidney tree hasn't even sprouted yet.

Kawaii Sentai

GhostlyMark
The Forbidden Soul

If they did I think it would be incredibly hard to tell. I mean. If the doctor say x is dead are you going to argue with them as to why? You just trust that the Dr did their best and accept it is normally. Even if you went to court over it the Dr has more credibility than you do.

Kawaii Sentai

Brother Kam
I think it's stupid that people have qualms about being organ donors. The only thing I could say is if say someone was an alcoholic obviously they shouldn't donate a liver BUT I realized they test these kinds of things and if it's a bad organ it goes to colleges for dissection and study etc. It's selfish of people unless it's a religious practice (and even then, meh) to be AGAINST organ donation upon death. People don't realize how many millions of lives that s**t saves every year.

Organs don't grow on trees . . . . yet. Believe me I've tried, my kidney tree hasn't even sprouted yet.

Not even a single kidney bean?

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Nitroglycerific Rainbow
GhostlyMark
The Forbidden Soul

Doubtful, and if it has, it's been tremendously sparse. Doctors are still obligated to take the Hippocratic Oath, which insists that doctors above all do no harm. That means try to save everyone, not save the profitable guy with the poor guy's organs.

Actually, while both are fairly common misconceptions, the Hippocratic Oath neither is legally binding (and there is no punishment for breaking it) nor does it anywhere include the words "do no harm".

Original Regular

The Forbidden Soul
Brother Kam

Not even a single kidney bean?

No! emotion_omnomnom

I wonder what would grow if I planted a brain?

Liberal Receiver

Quote:
How a ghost is able to give organs.

To other ghosts in need?
Quote:
Are you an organ donor? Why?

Well, I'm not going to be using my organs once dead.
Quote:
If not, why?

N/A
Quote:
Cremation should not be the word to represent burning stuff..sounds too sweet to me

I prefer Incendiary burial.
Quote:
Wanna see the huge pizza I ate?

Lol, Pizza is for dinner here too XD.

I also have no desire to live in agony or having to be kept alive by machine for more than a month.

My dad wasn't keen on it either, the only reason he ever gave me was that he wanted "his son whole" if I ever died before him.
But there's no way for me to be "whole" now, I'm missing all four wisdom teeth, two adult teeth, a nut, and a gallbladder.

However, I strongly suggest that my liver, heart, and pancreas not be taken because of liver disease(Usually cirrhosis.), heart attacks, and diabetes running in the family.
But I guess a diseased liver is better than no liver?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff