Video monitor 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 3 ]
Other (please share!) 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
...gold.... 0.3768115942029 37.7% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

We did do some nakey yesterday. She was naked from when we got home till this morning, {with a diaper on at night of course}. The rash looks alot better, but it took a night of nakedness, lotion, hydrocortizone, tylenol and cuddles to get there.

Going to dye eggs tonight and hide them in the morning. Hoping the dog doesn't find them all before we get Brigid looking.

Wheezing Bunny

Question: I have a 4 year old who never likes to eat greens or meat .
He actually prefers splurging on milk and junk . How can I get him to eat?

I tried making his veggies fun like mixing peanut butter and stuff but, I can't just splash peanut butter on to all of his meals .
His grandparents thinks I should scold him for it but I'll see them giving him even more junk, lol . Ideas?

Hello, I have not been on Gaia for a few years, but I felt the need to return. I am a 22 year old with a one and a half year old son. I am a single parent trying to work her way through school to become a success for not only herself, but for her child too! I decided to post on here because most of my friends do not have children and do not know the struggles I go through. I want friends that can relate so that is why I am posting.

Heroic Mage

Coffee Before Talkie

I tried making his veggies fun like mixing peanut butter and stuff but, I can't just splash peanut butter on to all of his meals .
His grandparents thinks I should scold him for it but I'll see them giving him even more junk, lol . Ideas?

Have you tried recipes that sneak vegetables into different foods?

Lots of people put greens into smoothies, and there are plenty of tricks to hide them.

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

Diet Poison
Coffee Before Talkie

Lots of people put greens into smoothies, and there are plenty of tricks to hide them.

I have to do this for myself and Ran. The baby is only one of us who eats veggies regularly.

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

foxiekitty2010
Hello, I have not been on Gaia for a few years, but I felt the need to return. I am a 22 year old with a one and a half year old son. I am a single parent trying to work her way through school to become a success for not only herself, but for her child too! I decided to post on here because most of my friends do not have children and do not know the struggles I go through. I want friends that can relate so that is why I am posting.

Hello and Welcome! I'm Moo, 30, married with an 8 month old girl. There are lots of nice girls and some guys in here! What are going to school for?

Sparkly Smoker

@Coffee: I agree with Moo, you could always make food that sneaks them in. My brother just recently made brownies that had black beans in them. xd Does your LO outright refuse to eat any veggies or do they at least try it first?

@Foxie: Welcome! I'm iggy, 22, engaged and a mommy to a two month old baby girl. I can totally relate to not having any friends who have babies so that's why I'm here, too. You've come to the right place!

Anyone ever had a clogged Montgomery Gland? confused I'm pretty sure that what I have since one of them is red and swollen but it doesn't hurt. I'm gonna call my doctor Monday but all I can think is, "Seriously?" -__-

Wheezing Bunny

Diet Poison
Coffee Before Talkie

I tried this before lol . I was treated to a 10 minute "mommy why mommy what mommy no"
convo for some hidden carrots XD But the smoothie idea I haven't tried, I'll try this .

@le iggy: Outright hates them . The moment he even sees it ,
he'll never eat anything until his granny gives in and gives him something sweet gonk

I can actively say I am not looking forward to tonight's dinner. My b***h cousin who was close to popping last Easter is coming with her child and I know I am in for rude comments, yet again. The only reason I put up with her is because of my grandpa.

Feral Loiterer

11,925 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Coffee Before Talkie

There's a bunch of recipes on Pinterest on how to hide veggie in food. You could also try vegetarian packaged meals a lot of those meals cleverly disguise veggies as other things. Cauliflower mash potatoes is pretty convincing if you can get the consistency right. Veggies art also might make them more appetizing or if anything at least fun, thus making him more willing to interact with them and hopefully more keen on eat them in the future. Also animal shape chicken nuggets might be more appetizing then regular nuggets.
If it makes you feel better my sister used to only drink milk by the gallons and eat chicken nuggets, apple sauce, and waffles. To this day at 24 yrs old those are still her go to foods, but she's managed to make to adulthood healthy and now is wiling to eat other foods. I can remember many meals that ended with her crying at the table, because she wouldn't eat what was given.
Maybe you all ( you and grandparents) need to agree to team up and be consistent with your kiddo's meals.
Good luck!

Fuzzy: the joys of family gatherings. The only one good thing from this move is I'm not obligated to see my MIL today. Good luck with your cousin.

Sparkly Smoker

The_Perky_Thief
Fuzzy: the joys of family gatherings. The only one good thing from this move is I'm not obligated to see my MIL today. Good luck with your cousin.

Lucky you. rofl

Happy Easter Everyone! 4laugh

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Moo - If it's on her diaper area you could try Desitin? It's for diaper rash but that stuff works WONDERS.

Coffee Before Talkie - I haven't seen you around before. If you're new to the thread, welcome! ^^ If not, welcome back! Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions. My daughter will only eat fruits and veggies and sometimes a piece of ham or chicken nuggets. Her issue is meat. : x

foxiekitty2010 - Welcome back to Gaia and to the thread! I feel your pain. When I left my house state, not many of my friends had kids and none of them were my daughters age. And in this state, I don't know anyone at all with children. This is an awesome thread though with a bunch of awesome mommies and daddies who give great advice and fun chats. smile

For those of you just joining us, I'm Kego (Or Alice. Close enough to my real name that I go by it. xD) I'm 24, separated from an abusive husband for over two years and with a good man now whom I call Lovie. My daughter is Raevyn. She's a beautiful little 3 1/2 year old. smile

Happy Easter everybody!!

Dapper Gaian

Jeffrey refuses to eat anything so we have to do a lot of smoothies he has sensory issues so a lot of foods freak him out. We hide all his veggies in smoothies and he calles them milkshakes!
Boesen Moo
foxiekitty2010

Hello and Welcome! I'm Moo, 30, married with an 8 month old girl. There are lots of nice girls and some guys in here! What are going to school for?

Thank you very much! aww well congrats! ^_^ that's good because even though I have support from my parents I'd still like to get to know other parents that may be going through things like I have. I am going for my two year degree in American Sign Language interpreting
le iggy
@Coffee: I agree with Moo, you could always make food that sneaks them in. My brother just recently made brownies that had black beans in them. xd Does your LO outright refuse to eat any veggies or do they at least try it first?

@Foxie: Welcome! I'm iggy, 22, engaged and a mommy to a two month old baby girl. I can totally relate to not having any friends who have babies so that's why I'm here, too. You've come to the right place!

Anyone ever had a clogged Montgomery Gland? confused I'm pretty sure that what I have since one of them is red and swollen but it doesn't hurt. I'm gonna call my doctor Monday but all I can think is, "Seriously?" -__-

Thank you very much iggy! congrats on your new baby girl! how do you like being a mom so far? Thank God it's just so hard seeing them because they're like "ooh let's go to the movies or lets do this... or that!" And I'm like "gee guys thanks, but I can't I have a kid I need to take care of" they just see my son as a pet or something! it's just frustrating sometimes! But I feel better in knowing I will meet others like me here! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff