Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bidding War 100
  • Inquisitor 200
I'm coming out of nowhere but if your husband respects you he would not involve unprofessional phone calls to his cell phone as a married man. This s**t is obvious. What you need to do is get all the facts and bring it to his face with a choice. I'm a guy. Shits obvious. Hope things work out for you.

Golden Astronomer

11,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Talk to him about it. He loves you, and he'll listen to your concerns.
Ask him to make sure SHE keeps is casual. Term it this way so he doesn't feel like you aren't trusting of him.
Be expected to not know things that you probably don't want to know, and won't hurt you not to know (like that most guys masturbate to women they can't have, it's a guy thing, don't get too caught up. they're animals and it means nothing).

Partying Wrangler

12,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Beezerific
So I've been married now for almost 9 months and my husband and I are extremely happy, thank God. Problem is that at his job there is a chick that he was crushing on for a while before he and I became an item and I know that he would never cheat on me but I can't help feeling like I want to punch that girl's face in whenever he mentions her or when she calls or texts him.
I just want to get over this feeling of pure jealousy and rage over this girl. Can anyone give me some advice?

Well...

Understand that "Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time". Sorry, I had to do it...it's a Drake line.

Anyhow...you could listen to the Nick Jonas song "Jealous". Good song.

But here is what I want to know.....WHY....why is he texting her? Why is it necessary?

If he loves you, he will understand your beef about it, and he will cut off all connection with her. That's how it should be. Have you told him?

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
Definitely talk to him about being uncomfortable with his communication with her after work and if it's unrelated to work.

But the main thing here is that he married YOU and not her. He comes home to YOU and not someone else.

Familiar Poster

6,500 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
GoldenEnlightenment
Ask him to make sure SHE keeps is casual. Term it this way so he doesn't feel like you aren't trusting of him.
Be expected to not know things that you probably don't want to know, and won't hurt you not to know (like that most guys masturbate to women they can't have, it's a guy thing, don't get too caught up. they're animals and it means nothing).

woah, hey! stare that's is untrue, and sexist! men can control themselves, sexual desires and all. and men are not the only ones who masturbate or have sexual urges; women do, too. it's not just a guy thing.

Familiar Poster

6,500 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Sladeus
I'm coming out of nowhere but if your husband respects you he would not involve unprofessional phone calls to his cell phone as a married man. This s**t is obvious. What you need to do is get all the facts and bring it to his face with a choice. I'm a guy. Shits obvious. Hope things work out for you.

that's bullshit. you saying that men can't have friends? or that men and women can't be friends without there being some kind of sexual tension? because you'd be wrong if you think that. and yet, that is what you are implying by this statement.

Golden Astronomer

11,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
5th Dimension Morning
GoldenEnlightenment

woah, hey! stare that's is untrue, and sexist! men can control themselves, sexual desires and all. and men are not the only ones who masturbate or have sexual urges; women do, too. it's not just a guy thing.

I wasn't saying women don't. I'm saying for men and women it's different. Look at what each thinks about, watches, etc. The women are much more likely to think about their current lover and how it makes her feel. The man is much more likely to think about ex lovers, celebrities, models, random women they meet, etc. They don't do it for the feelings, it's in the moment and then done.

Familiar Poster

6,500 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Clouderoth
Beezerific
So I've been married now for almost 9 months and my husband and I are extremely happy, thank God. Problem is that at his job there is a chick that he was crushing on for a while before he and I became an item and I know that he would never cheat on me but I can't help feeling like I want to punch that girl's face in whenever he mentions her or when she calls or texts him.
I just want to get over this feeling of pure jealousy and rage over this girl. Can anyone give me some advice?

Well...

Understand that "Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time". Sorry, I had to do it...it's a Drake line.

But here is what I want to know.....WHY....why is he texting her? Why is it necessary?

If he loves you, he will understand your beef about it, and he will cut off all connection with her. That's how it should be. Have you told him?

jealousy isn't love. at all. jealousy is a disease. drake is a terrible influence. do not treat him as a role model.

I would hesitate to use jonas brothers songs as good advice, either.

and, no. being in a committed relationship does not and should not mean cutting off all contact with old crushes, or people of the opposite sex, or anything like that. it is toxic to be that isolated. healthy relationships require TRUST and COMMUNICATION. not exclusivity or control.

and besides -- monogamous AND polyamorous lifestyles are equally valid and good. your statements really invalidate poly relationships. check your privelage.

Familiar Poster

6,500 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
GoldenEnlightenment
5th Dimension Morning
GoldenEnlightenment

I wasn't saying women don't. I'm saying for men and women it's different. Look at what each thinks about, watches, etc. The women are much more likely to think about their current lover and how it makes her feel. The man is much more likely to think about ex lovers, celebrities, models, random women they meet, etc. They don't do it for the feelings, it's in the moment and then done.

that's still untrue and sexist.

a person's sex or gender has no determining role on their interests or behaviors, whatsoever.

Partying Wrangler

12,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
5th Dimension Morning
Clouderoth
Beezerific

Well...

jealousy isn't love. at all. jealousy is a disease. drake is a terrible influence. do not treat him as a role model.

and, no. being in a committed relationship does not and should not mean cutting off all contact with old crushes, or people of the opposite sex, or anything like that. it is toxic to be that isolated. healthy relationships require TRUST and COMMUNICATION. not exclusivity or control.

and besides -- monogamous AND polyamorous lifestyles are equally valid and good. your statements really invalidate poly relationships. check your privelage.

O.o
Maybe you should actually read my post next time.

The first two statements were jokes. And I will make a role model out of whoever I please. It's my given right.

Secondly, I didn't say to cut off all connection with all females, I only said that if he knows that this bothers her; "This" being that he is keeping contact with an old crush of his through texts, then they should talk about it and find a compromise. You should never have to feel uncomfortable in your own relationship. I wouldn't stay in a relationship I didn't feel comfortable in.

And thirdly, just because I say for one person's situation that they should maybe think about not having a certain connection, it does not mean I speak for the rest of the human population, or any given group of the entire human population. What's right or wrong for one person is not right or wrong for EVERY person.

K, thanx, bai

Golden Astronomer

11,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
5th Dimension Morning
GoldenEnlightenment
5th Dimension Morning
GoldenEnlightenment

that's still untrue and sexist.

a person's sex or gender has no determining role on their interests or behaviors, whatsoever.

-le sigh- alright, let's just pretend for one moment that i'm making all of this up because i'm an angry, 39 year old, cat lady, who is uneducated, single, and hates life, and you can be yourself (i won't say anymore because it already seems i've offended you).

Now I ask you, have you ever asked people what they fantasize about? Probably not, considering that would be very blunt for socialization purposes, and could be considered sexual assault in some areas.

So let's go to the next best source. A place where the world puts everything out to share,e like you and I are right now, because they can't say it in public. Google "What men think about when fantasizing." You will get what I just said. Mostly strangers, rarely current lovers (and why would they when they could have real coitus with them?), and that there is very little feeling during the solo act. Women on the other hand are most likely to think about current lovers and fantasies with them (often ones they are too shy to bring up, or have got shot down for) and how that person makes them feel. Don't get me wrong, they may fantasize about that cute barista, but better chances are it's something they want to do with their own lover.

Partying Wrangler

12,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
This 5th Dimension person must be from just that...a 5th dimension...she is fighting EVERYONE on this thread who is trying to be helpful the to the actual owner of the thread. Sheesh....who peed on your flowers?

Familiar Poster

6,500 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Clouderoth
5th Dimension Morning
Clouderoth
Beezerific

Well...

O.o
Maybe you should actually read my post next time.

The first two statements were jokes. And I will make a role model out of whoever I please. It's my given right.

Secondly, I didn't say to cut off all connection with all females, I only said that if he knows that this bothers her; "This" being that he is keeping contact with an old crush of his through texts, then they should talk about it and find a compromise. You should never have to feel uncomfortable in your own relationship. I wouldn't stay in a relationship I didn't feel comfortable in.

And thirdly, just because I say for one person's situation that they should maybe think about not having a certain connection, it does not mean I speak for the rest of the human population, or any given group of the entire human population. What's right or wrong for one person is not right or wrong for EVERY person.

K, thanx, bai

the bolded is exactly why what you said in your post was such bullshit. you said that cutting off contact with people that your SO is jealous of is how relationships should be. that is clearly not in line with the bolded.

and even your clarified explanation of what you meant -- that his still having contact iwth an old crush of his is bad -- is not a healthy response to the topic of jealousy. people should learn to overcome jealousy, not cater to it.

Familiar Poster

6,500 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
GoldenEnlightenment

-le sigh- alright, let's just pretend for one moment that i'm making all of this up because i'm an angry, 39 year old, cat lady, who is uneducated, single, and hates life

what the ********? confused where the hell did that come from? because I certainly never said any of that about you. stick to the issues.

Quote:
Now I ask you, have you ever asked people what they fantasize about? Probably not, considering that would be very blunt for socialization purposes, and could be considered sexual assault in some areas.

I don't see how any of that is relevant. this seems like you are trying to discredit me and steer the debate off course. a diversion tactic, complete with a red herring.

Quote:
So let's go to the next best source. A place where the world puts everything out to share,e like you and I are right now, because they can't say it in public. Google "What men think about when fantasizing." You will get what I just said. Mostly strangers, rarely current lovers (and why would they when they could have real coitus with them?), and that there is very little feeling during the solo act. Women on the other hand are most likely to think about current lovers and fantasies with them (often ones they are too shy to bring up, or have got shot down for) and how that person makes them feel. Don't get me wrong, they may fantasize about that cute barista, but better chances are it's something they want to do with their own lover.

that is confirmation bias right there. a logical fallacy.

the fact is, that these claims about what is more likely behavior from men versus what is more likely behavior for a woman are made by people who are conditioned to believe those very claims before they make them themselves. those same claims were made before them, and taught in our society. but just because they are commonly believed to be true does not make them true.

you can google it all you want, but just because a google search says it's true doesn't make it true, either.

there are men who will fantasize about models and celebrities and strangers, yes. and there are women who will also fantasize about models, and celebrities and strangers. and there are women who will fantasize about the people that they love more often, yes. and there are also men who will fantasize about the people they love more often, too. the statistics regarding which subjects of fantasy are more likely for any given man, or more likely for any given woman, to think about do not depend on the sex or gender of the person thinking about them. being a man does not inherently make you mor elikely to fantasize about strangers, and being a woman does not inherently make you more likely to fantasize about loved ones.

that is a claim that people are conditioned to believe.

Partying Wrangler

12,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
5th Dimension Morning

the bolded is exactly why what you said in your post was such bullshit. you said that cutting off contact with people that your SO is jealous of is how relationships should be. that is clearly not in line with the bolded.

and even your clarified explanation of what you meant -- that his still having contact iwth an old crush of his is bad -- is not a healthy response to the topic of jealousy. people should learn to overcome jealousy, not cater to it.

Well God bless the person who ends up in your Nazi relationship.

Relationships take communication. The only BS I see here is how worked up you are over everyone's posts who are trying to help this person out. What have you done to help her? Oh yah, NOTHING, you haven't even tried.

Thing is, if she can't talk to her man because YOU say that she needs to get over it, and he needs to just continue because you think Poly-whatever-relationships are for EVERYONE, then I hope you have to deal with this very thing, and I hope you get jealous, and I hope you can manage to "Overcome" it, even if he ends up leaving you over it.

This woman and her fiancé need to talk it out for themselves and find a solution for this problem. Whether it be cutting off the problem, or it be finding a way to keep in contact and have boundaries. No one should have to feel uncomfortable in their relationship, which is what I'm sticking to. Idc if you find some "inconsistency." Maybe if you took the time to try to help someone that you took to "correct everyone", you'd be less useless in this thread.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff