Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Saint

English Elegance
"He's really a woman" isn't the best thing to say. He was born with a female body is the better way of putting it. But assuming you are using transsexual correctly, he would have had every operation to make his sex and gender match up. Even if he hasn't, he is still a man.

Transsexuality does not mean "having had every operation". Transsexuality is a medical condition with a diagnostic criteria in which a person's gender identity does not match the physical body, and the conflict and dysphoria caused by the condition is severe and long-lasting enough for medical intervention to be necessary.

MissShadowCat's Spouse

Demonic Cultist

Seraph of Thursday
English Elegance
"He's really a woman" isn't the best thing to say. He was born with a female body is the better way of putting it. But assuming you are using transsexual correctly, he would have had every operation to make his sex and gender match up. Even if he hasn't, he is still a man.

Transsexuality does not mean "having had every operation". Transsexuality is a medical condition with a diagnostic criteria in which a person's gender identity does not match the physical body, and the conflict and dysphoria caused by the condition is severe and long-lasting enough for medical intervention to be necessary.

Yes, I realize I spoke a little wrongly. I should have been more specific. There are differences between the meanings of Transgender and Transsexual. Transsexual is the term referring to a person who does not identify with the sex they were assigned at birth and wishes, whether successful or not, to realign their gender and their sex through use of medical intervention. People identifying as transsexual will mostly (but not always) try to have surgery to correct their sex. I was merely trying to make the point that the girl in this thread should not refer to her ex boyfriend as female, because he is not.

Lonely Saint

English Elegance
Seraph of Thursday
English Elegance

Yes, I realize I spoke a little wrongly. I should have been more specific. There are differences between the meanings of Transgender and Transsexual. Transsexual is the term referring to a person who does not identify with the sex they were assigned at birth and wishes, whether successful or not, to realign their gender and their sex through use of medical intervention. People identifying as transsexual will mostly (but not always) try to have surgery to correct their sex. I was merely trying to make the point that the girl in this thread should not refer to her ex boyfriend as female, because he is not.

Yup, that's true. It's easy to mix up the umbrella with a group under it when the names are this similar. Though, genital surgery is relatively unpopular - MtF surgery is more common, because while it is painful and takes forever to heal, the end result is functional and looks okay. FtM surgery is not so and the options are terrible, the surgery is risky and extremely painful for mediocre outcomes. Of course on the other hand, the vast majority of FtMs opt for mastectomy, which is definitely a surgery, if a much smaller one still.

MissShadowCat's Spouse

Demonic Cultist

Seraph of Thursday

Yup, that's true. It's easy to mix up the umbrella with a group under it when the names are this similar. Though, genital surgery is relatively unpopular - MtF surgery is more common, because while it is painful and takes forever to heal, the end result is functional and looks okay. FtM surgery is not so and the options are terrible, the surgery is risky and extremely painful for mediocre outcomes. Of course on the other hand, the vast majority of FtMs opt for mastectomy, which is definitely a surgery, if a much smaller one still.

Unfortunately medical advancements haven't come too far in this sort of thing, which I see as a tragedy, since I can only imagine how difficult it is for some people. I do know a guy who is FtM. He hasn't had any surgery, though he does want to someday get a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. Unfortunately for some people with large breasts, wearing a binder isn't a very good option. He has said though that passing for the correct sex means more (at least to him and a few others he knows) than actually getting the operations.

grinlock's Wife

Shameless Shoujo

I'd be fine with it, I guess. I mean, I don't think I'd love a person for his/her genitalia or hormones or whatever it is that dictates "gender". For me a human is a human, feelings, thoughts/ideas and all. That's what I think matters more.

Well that's just me. Heck, I'd date a dog or cat if they'd have me, though I have a boyfriend. Meh.

Here. Have a strawberry. yum_strawberry

Lonely Saint

English Elegance
Seraph of Thursday

Unfortunately medical advancements haven't come too far in this sort of thing, which I see as a tragedy, since I can only imagine how difficult it is for some people. I do know a guy who is FtM. He hasn't had any surgery, though he does want to someday get a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. Unfortunately for some people with large breasts, wearing a binder isn't a very good option. He has said though that passing for the correct sex means more (at least to him and a few others he knows) than actually getting the operations.

I'm myself a large-chested FtM and I currently have no idea when this issue is fixed. Binders are expensive and very few actually provide the required compression without being hellishly uncomfortable to wear - I've had one to date and I've worn them for four years. Plus, if you've got enough boob, absolutely nothing gets rid of it. That's where layers and baggy clothing come in, fun as hell over summer I tell you. Quite... quite literally.

Luckily for myself, I've found I don't really give a rat's a** what I wear indoors alone as long as it's comfortable and nice, so I only have to deal with this issue when I go out - but it poses serious difficulties in terms of social interaction etc. due to the fact that I'm always uncomfortable and always anxious because of the nature of the issue. Basically given up on real life at this stage until further notice.

MissShadowCat's Spouse

Demonic Cultist

Seraph of Thursday
English Elegance
Seraph of Thursday

I'm myself a large-chested FtM and I currently have no idea when this issue is fixed. Binders are expensive and very few actually provide the required compression without being hellishly uncomfortable to wear - I've had one to date and I've worn them for four years. Plus, if you've got enough boob, absolutely nothing gets rid of it. That's where layers and baggy clothing come in, fun as hell over summer I tell you. Quite... quite literally.

Luckily for myself, I've found I don't really give a rat's a** what I wear indoors alone as long as it's comfortable and nice, so I only have to deal with this issue when I go out - but it poses serious difficulties in terms of social interaction etc. due to the fact that I'm always uncomfortable and always anxious because of the nature of the issue. Basically given up on real life at this stage until further notice.

It's terrible that they don't make any quality, low cost binders. I honestly don't see why it can't be done. They should also sell them every store, though I can see how some people might not want to buy them in person. I can understand how horrible it is in the summer though... I hope you'll be able to get the problem of your chest taken care of. No one should have to put a hold on their life because of something like that.

Basatan's Waifu

User Image

✹ sure why not

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lillyliveredshitbirds
My Little Spider Friend
Lillyliveredshitbirds
My Little Spider Friend
I don't like v****a, I don't like having sex with vaginas. I like penises.
I'd feel betrayed and lied to.

******** transphobic scum. talk2hand

Sorry for loving big juicy c**k.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
CHECK YOUR BINARY PRIVILEGE, YOU TRANS*PHOBIC FURRY-HARASSING, CIS-OVERPRIVILEGED TRANSMISOGYNIST

Well that escalated quickly...

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
I am a certain man with a certain interest in women.
And a very limited interest in men.

So I'm not sure.
Depends on the person.
No.

...But one time I almost did. I really liked this guy, and he said he liked me...

...Then one day he texts me saying he is now "Emily".
Found out he was screwing just about anything that moved, and he only saw me as a member in his...collection of boyfriends and girlfriends.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff