Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Kitten

Maybe. I've never been in the situation before. And I have extremely limited experience with transgender people. Who knows. These things get complicated.
Would you date a transexual?
Yes; this excludes sexual stuff, though.
What would you say if you unknowingly dated a transexual?
I would be very disappointed that my partner lied to me. Lack of trust.
Would you still date them or would you break it off?
I would date them if they agreed to be up front/honest with me in the future.

idolates's Waifu

Newbie Noob

sure, if i thought they were cute and they had a good personality.

Man-Hungry Pup

7,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Profitable 100
hmm... depends which way. if its male to female i would say no but female to male... not out of the question... might even get some cute girly clothes out of it :3

Brainy Kitten

9,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Yes, I would. I'm attracted to people. I do have my preferences and gender does play a role in my decisions, but I take many things into account when I'm interested in pursing a romantic relationship with someone. heart

I would feel a little sad because they did not trust me enough to tell me as soon as possible. However, I understand that it's something that is very difficult to share. I would tell them that I'm a little sad, but that I support them and that I hope they are able to confide in me from now on.

It depends on the individual and how long they took to tell me the truth.

I don't think it's wrong when people break up over this. Sex is an important part of a romantic relationship to a lot of people, and that usually includes the genitals of your partner, like it or not. I happen to love both vaginas and penises, but not everyone is me and that's okay. No one is obligated to be attracted to you. You do have a right to feel hurt. Your partner also has the right to find whatever makes them happy (both sexually and romantically) just like you have the right to find someone who will love you for who you are.

Prophet

this is a tricky question for me. i'm pansexual, but i seem to be only romantically attracted to cis boys.

i wouldn't care

if i've formed a connection with them, i don't think i would.

Eloquent Hunter

I would not.

Noob

Yikes, the vast use of the word 'tranny' on this thread is terrifying.

Golden Gekko

You know, I know I should say yes to this but deep down I know I couldn't. It just is too much for me to know that they were once a woman. I don't know why that bothers, but it does. (For dating purposes)
I would be understanding and curious.
It depends what my feelings were. I have no idea.

Prophet

Paleoconservatism
IchigoBellBell
Jenni Frome de Block
So, this past weekend, my ex-boyfriend was outed as a transsexual. He's really a woman, but he had transferred to our school and nobody knew the truth; I only found out after I started dating him and he told me (we broke up after that). He's really upset about, because it was, like, a secret and he's afraid of how people will treat him now, poor guy crying .

But anyway, tell me, LD,

Just a word of advice.. if your ex is "really a woman", don't call her by "he". She's MtF trans, she's a "she". Saying "poor guy" is also in bad taste.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if they were. If I unknowingly dated one and they told me later on, I'd probably be just a bit surprised as far as trust goes (since they didn't tell me in the first place), but I'd assume there was good reason. If I liked them, I'd keep dating them, and if I wasn't interested in them, it wouldn't be because they told me they were trans.
Technically she would still be a she because she was born with two X chromosomes, which remain unchanged. Not to mention, she'd still have her female bone structure rather than a male's.

there's a difference between sex and gender.
Durrenn
Paleoconservatism
IchigoBellBell
Jenni Frome de Block
So, this past weekend, my ex-boyfriend was outed as a transsexual. He's really a woman, but he had transferred to our school and nobody knew the truth; I only found out after I started dating him and he told me (we broke up after that). He's really upset about, because it was, like, a secret and he's afraid of how people will treat him now, poor guy crying .

But anyway, tell me, LD,

Just a word of advice.. if your ex is "really a woman", don't call her by "he". She's MtF trans, she's a "she". Saying "poor guy" is also in bad taste.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if they were. If I unknowingly dated one and they told me later on, I'd probably be just a bit surprised as far as trust goes (since they didn't tell me in the first place), but I'd assume there was good reason. If I liked them, I'd keep dating them, and if I wasn't interested in them, it wouldn't be because they told me they were trans.
Technically she would still be a she because she was born with two X chromosomes, which remain unchanged. Not to mention, she'd still have her female bone structure rather than a male's.

error 404 cares not found

Prophet

Paleoconservatism
Durrenn
Paleoconservatism
IchigoBellBell
Jenni Frome de Block

But anyway, tell me, LD,

error 404 cares not found

lmao bruh

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I dont know. If my boyfriend came out today that he was born female and became a man , I would still be with him. But I would be upset about a few things. 1. The lie. And 2. Unable to have his baby when we decide to

im done fam's Princess

Nymph

Lillyliveredshitbirds
My Little Spider Friend
I don't like v****a, I don't like having sex with vaginas. I like penises.
I'd feel betrayed and lied to.

******** transphobic scum. talk2hand

is there something wrong with having a preference on what gender you like? is there something wrong with feeling betrayed? you're the only scum here

MissShadowCat's Spouse

Demonic Cultist

Jenni Frome de Block

But anyway, tell me, LD,

"He's really a woman" isn't the best thing to say. He was born with a female body is the better way of putting it. But assuming you are using transsexual correctly, he would have had every operation to make his sex and gender match up. Even if he hasn't, he is still a man.

I personally wouldn't care either way since I am pansexual. If he was a nice guy and had a great personality, it wouldn't be any more shocking to me than if I suddenly found out what his favorite color was. But like I said, that's just me. I would also date cis women and men as well. I don't care what parts or lack of parts my partner has.

But not everyone is like that, and it isn't bad to have a preference as long as you aren't prejudiced or rude about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff