Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
Maybe you only think people are whiny and overly emotional because you're apathetic or have little empathy. Then again, everyone's a hypocrite. I'm sure you've had your bratty, cry-baby moments too. Everyone has to fall a few times before they start to walk. :/
ich-Rawr
Maybe you only think people are whiny and overly emotional because you're apathetic or have little empathy. Then again, everyone's a hypocrite. I'm sure you've had your bratty, cry-baby moments too. Everyone has to fall a few times before they start to walk. :/

Everyone is a hypocrite at times, but that does not make the conversation topic any less valid.

What's the point of your response? Obviously everyone is guilty sometimes, but that still doesn't invalidate the questions of discussion I have asked.

Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
Namekuji Kimi
ich-Rawr

Everyone is a hypocrite at times, but that does not make the conversation topic any less valid.

What's the point of your response? Obviously everyone is guilty sometimes, but that still doesn't invalidate the questions of discussion I have asked.

I thought it was clear, but basically what I was getting at was...
Be more sympathetic. Some people get whiny and butthurt over simple things since they never learned the proper way to deal with situations. Others might be suffering from a really bad day. The list goes on and on. Don't let people's emotional nature get you down.

Anyway, apparently I've been aimlessly commenting on posts for hours. I blame my hormonal imbalance. Forgive me for my random ranting...I don't feel like answering your questions honestly. I'm too lazy. I just felt like contributing.
ich-Rawr
Namekuji Kimi
ich-Rawr

Be more sympathetic. Some people get whiny and butthurt over simple things since they never learned the proper way to deal with situations. Others might be suffering from a really bad day. The list goes on and on. Don't let people's emotional nature get you down.

Anyway, apparently I've been aimlessly commenting on posts for hours. I blame my hormonal imbalance. Forgive me for my random ranting...I don't feel like answering your questions honestly. I'm too lazy. I just felt like contributing.

Sympathy only runs so far; of course I'll be sympathetic to a friend who just lost his mother. But I'm going to be far less sympathetic towards a friend who is crying over losing his twelfth girlfriend in three months.

Yes, there are always other factors to consider when determining the root cause of someone's behavior, but it isn't our duty to psycho-analyze everyone.

If someone is bringing their petty drama and overreactions into a group setting and pushing them onto other people, that is still THEIR fault, regardless of what the cause is.

It is that individuals' responsibility to take back the reigns of their life, and to control their outbursts and behavior.

Yes, sympathy is good, but it shouldn't be our responsibility to sit down and coddle everyone who has issues.

If I am being bullied, I'm not going to sit there and say, "well they might have a bad home life," I'm going to get them to stop; regardless of their home situation, they are consciously choosing to torment me, and I do not feel obligated to feel sympathetic.

Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
Namekuji Kimi
ich-Rawr
Namekuji Kimi
ich-Rawr

Sympathy only runs so far; of course I'll be sympathetic to a friend who just lost his mother. But I'm going to be far less sympathetic towards a friend who is crying over losing his twelfth girlfriend in three months.

Yes, there are always other factors to consider when determining the root cause of someone's behavior, but it isn't our duty to psycho-analyze everyone.

If someone is bringing their petty drama and overreactions into a group setting and pushing them onto other people, that is still THEIR fault, regardless of what the cause is.

It is that individuals' responsibility to take back the reigns of their life, and to control their outbursts and behavior.

Yes, sympathy is good, but it shouldn't be our responsibility to sit down and coddle everyone who has issues.

If I am being bullied, I'm not going to sit there and say, "well they might have a bad home life," I'm going to get them to stop; regardless of their home situation, they are consciously choosing to torment me, and I do not feel obligated to feel sympathetic.

I agree with what you're saying. Some people need to be told the truth. Still...I don't know...
All I'm saying is don't become too critical. I felt the same way as you do now a year ago. I was tired of beating around the bush with everyone and playing nice when they came to me with their small problems, making them out to be grand. I started simply saying what I was thinking, and I believe I contributed to someone's suicide. Even though I was right in telling the truth, I was tactless and extremely blunt.

8,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Clambake 200
Working in childcare, I see this every day. I have to help correct/change it as a part of my job of keeping the balance of peace, but do i always agree with the whiner/crier? Of course not. But Im paid to hold my tongue, I believe. If someone is constantly whining as a child, I try to change or remove the activity causing the whining if the usual "share/take turns" requests arent working.
That being said, if this is happening with an adult, I do my best to ignore it. Im going to empathize, but within reason. If someone comes into work every day bitching about something, my empathy is going to dwindle considerably.

Swashbuckling Conversationalist

10,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I used to be one of those people who couldn't take a joke & would get my feelings hurt all the time.

Then I grew up discovered the internet >_>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces