Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
haha, but seriously
why do people get their feelings hurt so easily, dafuq

Enduring Codger

-Do you know anybody like this? Any people who easily get whiny or butthurt over small things, or who overreact to the smallest things? How do you deal with it? Is it just how they are, or do you think they are just an annoying little, whiny attention whore?
Once upon a time, poke her and you'll get a punch back. She took things way to literal. I avoided her. I dunno what her problem was- her sister was an angel.

- Are there any things you get overly sensitive over? Maybe if someone makes a little joke about your appearance you'll flip out? Why do you feel this way?
Not really.

- Talk about incidents related to over sensitivity? Maybe friends flipping out, etc, etc.
See inquiry one. Thank god most of my friends were awesome and not like her.

- How do you deal with overly sensitive people? Do you try to accommodate them, or will you tell them off? Does it depend on the situation? Do you just ignore them?
Depends on the situation. If they cannot tone it down after a complaint then I'll start to steer away from them. I try to give everyone a chance, but I can only tolerate so much.

- Where do you draw the line between normal reaction, and overreaction? Be as specific of vague as you'd like.
Any reaction is an overreaction to me, but I draw the line when they take it out on me or others. Or when they just cannot be consolidated for some reason.
Nova Amalea
Namekuji Kimi
I have a pretty short fuse when I hear women blatantly insulting men though; I don't go around insulting women, and I don't like it when my gender is insulted. I know if I said anything about women, it would be considered such a horrible crime, and double standards can suck my balls.

I'm confused as to what the double standard is. Oh, right. Expressing and challenging your role in society where men are in power. Gosh, the double standards us women have. rolleyes

Quote:
I hope their period blood gets backed up and they explode painfully.

Good to know you respect women and their bodies.

Just a word of advice, maybe if you stopped this weird, ironically chauvinistic fixation on women/'s rights and the general snobbery among peoples you don't understand because of your inflated ego - you wouldn't have this issue of people "who get their feelings hurt too easily". Especially considering you seem marginally sensitive based on the internet tough guy ring I get of the OP.

Quote:
internet tough guy ring

Funny, you give me the same impression.
If my feelings are ever hurt, I will get irked, but I won't ever flip out or anything
Nova Amalea
Marcus Junius Brutus
Nova Amalea
Namekuji Kimi
I have a pretty short fuse when I hear women blatantly insulting men though; I don't go around insulting women, and I don't like it when my gender is insulted. I know if I said anything about women, it would be considered such a horrible crime, and double standards can suck my balls.

I'm confused as to what the double standard is. Oh, right. Expressing and challenging your role in society where men are in power. Gosh, the double standards us women have. rolleyes

Quote:

Just a word of advice, maybe if you stopped this weird, ironically chauvinistic fixation on women/'s rights and the general snobbery among peoples you don't understand because of your inflated ego - you wouldn't have this issue of people "who get their feelings hurt too easily". Especially considering you seem marginally sensitive based on the internet tough guy ring I get of the OP.

Quote:
internet tough guy ring

Lol. Is there something you want? I mean I can randomly quote people I don't like or have disagreed with and just exclaim empty statements too.

Just pointing something out.
By the way, to 'exclaim' in writing would require an exclamation mark or at least all-caps.
SUCH AS THIS SENTENCE RIGHT HERE!
Grammar, you apparently don't know how it works.
Nova Amalea
Marcus Junius Brutus
Nova Amalea
Marcus Junius Brutus
Nova Amalea

Quote:
internet tough guy ring

Lol. Is there something you want? I mean I can randomly quote people I don't like or have disagreed with and just exclaim empty statements too.

Just pointing something out.
By the way, to 'exclaim' in writing would require an exclamation mark or at least all-caps.
SUCH AS THIS SENTENCE RIGHT HERE!
Grammar, you apparently don't know how it works.

Thanks for the valuable post.

Thanks for the valuable post.
- Do you know anybody like this? Any people who easily get whiny or butthurt over small things, or who overreact to the smallest things? How do you deal with it? Is it just how they are, or do you think they are just an annoying little, whiny attention whore?
I am a sesative person that does get hurt easly, but I won't be whiny complaining about every thing. But if there is somthing I don't like I will say.
How I will deal with over reacting to things, is keeping myself in check. While flairing up with anger (will just lace that has an example) I will ask first if the person is joking or not. If they are I will let it go. If I'm insulted I will calmly let you know sooner or later. But I dont fly off the handle.

- Are there any things you get overly sensitive over? Maybe if someone makes a little joke about your appearance you'll flip out? Why do you feel this way?
I don't flip out, I will get annoyed but won't say anything, will keep it all in. Unless its said to me over and over and a group of people are joining along. Making fun of me. Will I snap sooner or later. I am confedent in myself but I do have my moments where I don't.

- Talk about incidents related to over sensitivity? Maybe friends flipping out, etc, etc.
I really havnt seen any friend flip out on me moment. I have done it once to one friend one time.
And I have rawered at my boyfriend and parents but it's all rare. I'm a relaxed person.

- How do you deal with overly sensitive people? Do you try to accommodate them, or will you tell them off? Does it depend on the situation? Do you just ignore them?
I really have met more tough people then sensitive people. I'd get along with them as any other person I have met.

- Where do you draw the line between normal reaction, and overreaction? Be as specific of vague as you'd like.

Fluffy Bunny

19,225 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Bienaimee R
splash seal
I draw the line between a normal reaction and overreaction by what the person is reacting to and how long a person stays butthurt after I have made amends (If I did something wrong) or tried to help.

Agreed. There's only so much one can do. I once tried to make things right with a friend who quit talking to me for not seeing eye-to-eye with her on a particular issue. I did my best to communicate to her I still cared for her and cared about the friendship. After a few cool exchanges that never led anywhere, though, I simply stopped talking to her. I'm not going to kiss someone's butt forever, they either accept an olive branch or not.

O, this forever. I know exactly what you mean. I had a friend who very similar to this, and she would get offended at the slightest thing. It was always at what other people did, but negativity really weighs you down after a while, and it just got tiring. And go figure, she totally not only thought something a mutual friend had written was about her (which it couldn't even be (mis-?)interpreted to be), but blew it out of proportion and stopped talking to both of us. It was ridiculous but better off in the end that everything turned out the way that it did.

There really is only so much that one can do. It just sucks that sometimes it's hard to recognise and sometimes hard to do what needs to be done.

Fluffy Bunny

19,225 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Bienaimee R
I think some people demonstrate excessive sensitivity, but I also think many people are so lacking in social grace they frequently make insensitive, hurtful remarks and, when faced with reproached, fall back on the "I was just joking! Don't be so sensitive!" defense.

As to whether I've ever "set off" a hypersensitive person, I once enraged a friend by commenting sarcastically that I was tired of all the gay pride rumpus in my home town and that I felt the city should initiate a straight pride weekend as well just to see how many straight participants showed their behinds and if they could outdo the gays.

My comment reflected upon various problems related to the gay pride festivals, not to the LGBT community at large. To my shock, my friend of 5+ years lashed out at me quite harshly, accusing me of intolerance and homophobia. Later on, she distanced herself from me and cited our differences of opinion concerning the LGBT community as a cause.

The funny thing about it is this person frequently ridiculed the gay community herself in casual conversation with me. If we watched T.V., both she and her husband would point out particular actors and claim they were "obvious" closeted gays and she would laugh at them.

So, yeah, awkward situations can always happen, and not always make sense no matter how well you think you know people.

How true this is. And go figure that your friend both ridiculed the gay community and distanced herself from you without fully understanding where you were coming from. Ya, it's true that it's hard to view ourselves objectively and realise how we sound. I do this so it helps when people let me know how I sound. But really, there's that line between saying "hey, you could have used a little more tact" and getting seriously butthurt over something without bothering to understand.

I'm not sure if I've ever set off a sensitive person, but I know I can be quite apathetic. Not that that is a good thing, though.

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I guess some people don't fully understand the joke so they take it the wrong way unless the joke is bad. It is also how the joke was said, if the person who says the joke and say it in a wrong tone they will take it other way. So the person who was saying the joke is in the wrong.
Or its just not there humor of your type of joke. People have different sense of humor.

Familiar Friend

Nova Amalea
Namekuji Kimi

Quote:

Good to know you respect women and their bodies, and don't use their body parts and its functions (which has an entire history of degradation on its own) as a means of guffawing for your internet friends.

It's nice to know that there is a difference between blatantly insulting and criminalizing men as a whole, and challenging the patriarchy.

I'm glad to know that it is INDEED okay to insult and degrade men in public, but not the opposite is bad.

You totally don't come off as a psychotic, feminazi b***h. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces