I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
I think this guy does a pretty good job at explaining sexual orientation and gender identity and I thought that I would share it with everyone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXAoG8vAyzI

Shy Seeker

Desideraht
Speaking of confusing MtFs with FtMs... a lot of people think I'm MtF which is super flattering 'cos it usually means they think I'm a pre-HRT male with a somewhat feminine expression. ******** yessss. So happy, lol.

Ah, a younger person at the second group I went to on Sunday mentioned getting the same reaction, only in reverse (she's MtF, mistaken as FtM pre-transition), and I said the same thing about how it could be interpreted as kind of flattering in terms of natural features being viewed as masculine or feminine. ^^

Ravyn457
I'm attracted to men/women/anyone in between, but I identify as bisexual. That encompasses everyone for me. I think the term pansexual is just silly.

But that's just me.

I've heard others who are bi put it that way too, which is fine, but I've heard some others say they're not interested in anyone in between or not within the spectrum of masculine/feminine, etc., so I think pansexual can add some clarity by making it clear right in its very definition that everyone is included. Yes, it sometimes requires an initial explanation for those who haven't heard of pan before, but that often happens with lots of LGBT stuff and people learning new information is a good thing I think.

Nevertheless, it's up to each person to define their own orientation, so if you identify as bi, then you're bi. I think what gets stupid is when people start questioning and arguing about other people's orientations when obviously only the person in question can really figure out the answer to it since they know themselves best. Just let a person define him/herself and leave it at that. ^^

Flickering Hope
I think this guy does a pretty good job at explaining sexual orientation and gender identity and I thought that I would share it with everyone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXAoG8vAyzI

Ooh, that's educational. Thanks for sharing!

I find the way he talks kind of funny too. "We're gonna start down here..." rofl

Questionable Bunny

9,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Ahhh, so a funny story to share with y'all before I go meet the gender therapist (SUU EXCITED EH)

So apparently a teacher saw some drawings on the back of my homework (i'm always drawing, always...) and it seemed to her that i was suicidal (?). Which I'm not, i totally dont have the courage to do that >.>" anyways, i got sent to the Chief MLI, who was a high ranking army sargeant, and she was talking to me about why i was feeling so sad. I warned her that the reason could get me kicked from the military, but i told her because she said she wouldnt if it wasnt criminal. I told her that I was feeling really dysphoric all the time, and it makes me feel really hopeless about the future.
And i didnt see this coming, but she said "Well actually, I have a brother/sister... he's now trying to become a woman." I was like OMG that is the coolest thing ever, and i wanted to be like "omg is she pre-op? is she on estrogen?" but that would have been unprofessional, but i did find out she is pre-op.
What are the chances of that? that she'd have someone so close to her, that she could understand me the best? I didnt like, however that she didnt use the right pronouns to her own sister at first, but after i referred to her sister as a she, she started using "she" and "her" more. Then she sent me back to class, thank god. They take suicide stuff really seriously in the military. I so don't wanna get kicked ;o;
Anyways, it's a funny story isn't it?
How was y'all's days?

Dapper Phantom

GuardianCentauri
Desideraht
I just have to hang in there for that long... And I like that I'm getting my blood drawn on Valentine's Day. I'm really happy.

Thank you, haha. I do a lot of lifting at work. I'm not officially working out yet, though. A friend of mine who's basically a fitness trainer is helping me out. He said I should bulk out on weight first, so we're going to try to have me gaining 1 pound a week. My current goal is 100 lbs (I weigh 88 lbs). He said I can work out in the meantime but we won't be focusing very heavily on that until I weigh a bit more. I need the reserves to build muscle. My goal is to tone my stomach so I have "mild" abs. Him and I discussed my goals and my concerns and he knew exactly what I'm talking about. I'm "skinny fat". I'm not ACTUALLY fat, but I'm pudgy and out of shape. So many people get PISSED at me when I say I don't like my stomach. they're like, "I WISH MY STOMACH WAS THAT FLAT." Well, its' too flat, imo. I want some definition. So yeah, I'm gonna start working on that. If I'm consistent, by the time I have chest surgery 1-3 years from now, I'll have a nice stomach to show off, lol... And chest, too. I'm working on that as well to see if I can reduce the currently existing breast tissue. But for now, my goal is to bulk up on weight.

Why so happy about it being on Valentine's Day? Just the coincidence of it? (I guess it'd be romantic if one's lover were a vampire and the blood was being given as a gift! xp )

Oh wow. If you've already got that before you've even really gotten into all the training, that's probably a good sign, yay. Maybe it's partly the style of the clothing too, but you look like you're more than 88 pounds in that photo. How tall are you?
Because Valentine's Day sucks and I have something to look forward to LOL.

Yeah, I feel pretty lucky! I mean some s**t about my transition sucks but I've realized it doesn't take a lot to get my arms toned. And yeah, I try really hard to wear flattering clothing, LOL. I'm 5'3".

I actually need to weigh myself tomorrow morning and verify that I'm actually 88. That's just what I was last time I was weighed. >.>

Dapper Phantom

GuardianCentauri
Desideraht
Speaking of confusing MtFs with FtMs... a lot of people think I'm MtF which is super flattering 'cos it usually means they think I'm a pre-HRT male with a somewhat feminine expression. ******** yessss. So happy, lol.

Ah, a younger person at the second group I went to on Sunday mentioned getting the same reaction, only in reverse (she's MtF, mistaken as FtM pre-transition), and I said the same thing about how it could be interpreted as kind of flattering in terms of natural features being viewed as masculine or feminine. ^^
Exactly. So I'm like "omg people think I was born male-- SQUEE!!" Not to rag on pre-transition people or anything. I'm not trying to make them feel bad, lol. It's just yeah, it was a real confidence booster for me.

Dapper Phantom

GuardianCentauri
Ravyn457
I'm attracted to men/women/anyone in between, but I identify as bisexual. That encompasses everyone for me. I think the term pansexual is just silly.

But that's just me.

I've heard others who are bi put it that way too, which is fine, but I've heard some others say they're not interested in anyone in between or not within the spectrum of masculine/feminine, etc., so I think pansexual can add some clarity by making it clear right in its very definition that everyone is included. Yes, it sometimes requires an initial explanation for those who haven't heard of pan before, but that often happens with lots of LGBT stuff and people learning new information is a good thing I think.

Nevertheless, it's up to each person to define their own orientation, so if you identify as bi, then you're bi. I think what gets stupid is when people start questioning and arguing about other people's orientations when obviously only the person in question can really figure out the answer to it since they know themselves best. Just let a person define him/herself and leave it at that. ^^
This is basically what I was going to say in response, lol.

Shy Seeker

theamazingwrabbit

Oh good! It's definitely helpful that she already has a sibling who's going through it. Hopefully that's already given her a glimpse into what it's like and trying to understand for a while, which makes it easier for you since you don't have to start from scratch in explaining it all.

And who knows? By subtly reminding her of the correct pronouns, you may have made things a little easier on her sister as well if that might help her continue to use the right words. ^^

Desideraht

Yeah, I feel pretty lucky! I mean some s**t about my transition sucks but I've realized it doesn't take a lot to get my arms toned. And yeah, I try really hard to wear flattering clothing, LOL. I'm 5'3".

I actually need to weigh myself tomorrow morning and verify that I'm actually 88. That's just what I was last time I was weighed. >.>

Exactly. So I'm like "omg people think I was born male-- SQUEE!!" Not to rag on pre-transition people or anything. I'm not trying to make them feel bad, lol. It's just yeah, it was a real confidence booster for me.

Aww... Does it look like you might be spending next year's alone? Or is it sort of a protest against the uniformity and/or superficiality of the day itself?

Awesome! And hmm, I thought you might be taller than that from the photos. If I find a way to transfer two or three inches of my height to you, we'll do it, deal? Maybe the same deal with me taking your breast tissue/fat? <3

Mhm, I know what you mean. ^^

EDIT:
Ooh yay, that's praise because I think you generally word stuff so well when making your points! 3nodding

Dapper Phantom

GuardianCentauri
Desideraht

Aww... Does it look like you might be spending next year's alone? Or is it sort of a protest against the uniformity and/or superficiality of the day itself?

Awesome! And hmm, I thought you might be taller than that from the photos. If I find a way to transfer two or three inches of my height to you, we'll do it, deal? Maybe the same deal with me taking your breast tissue/fat? <3

Mhm, I know what you mean. ^^

EDIT:
Ooh yay, that's praise because I think you generally word stuff so well when making your points! 3nodding
I have no idea. But even if I wasn't alone, I hate the holiday. I just find it super annoying in general. It's the latter. I hate how superficial Valentine's Day portrays love/relationships, and how depressed it make people who don't fit a perfect stereotypical relationship or who are single.

Yeah, I look tall in photos. People think I'm at least 5'7". I wish. As for breast tissue, you can have it, but I hardly have any. I'm less than an A cup, haha.

You basically said exactly what I wanted to write, lol.

Shy Seeker

Desideraht
I have no idea. But even if I wasn't alone, I hate the holiday. I just find it super annoying in general. It's the latter. I hate how superficial Valentine's Day portrays love/relationships, and how depressed it make people who don't fit a perfect stereotypical relationship or who are single.

Yeah, I look tall in photos. People think I'm at least 5'7". I wish. As for breast tissue, you can have it, but I hardly have any. I'm less than an A cup, haha.

Ah, me too I think. But then again, by starting to view the day as mostly unimportant in the grand scheme of actual romance, I no longer get depressed over it as such either. :3

Hey, that's perfect for me since it's not like I want too much more than what I currently have. I'm less than A's too, so I wouldn't want more than A or B. I've never understood society's obsession with large breasts (and often unrealistically portrayed on super skinny women, to boot), but to each their own I guess.

Haha, I'm reading your mind now... ninja

Dapper Phantom

GuardianCentauri
Desideraht

Ah, me too I think. But then again, by starting to view the day as mostly unimportant in the grand scheme of actual romance, I no longer get depressed over it as such either. :3

Hey, that's perfect for me since it's not like I want too much more than what I currently have. I'm less than A's too, so I wouldn't want more than A or B. I've never understood society's obsession with large breasts (and often unrealistically portrayed on super skinny women, to boot), but to each their own I guess.

Haha, I'm reading your mind now... ninja
Yeah, I don't get down over it either. Just annoyed. It pisses me off ALMOST as much as Christmas, lol.

I wanted big boobs SO bad when I was living as a female, I won't lie. I think cleavage is awesome. But then I started having dysphoria and that all changed, LOL. Before that, though, I really wanted cleavage. 'Cos basically I was into gothic fashion and all the s**t I wanted to wear was like HELLO BOOBS.

My mind is like an open book.
xd

Shy Seeker

Desideraht
Yeah, I don't get down over it either. Just annoyed. It pisses me off ALMOST as much as Christmas, lol.

I wanted big boobs SO bad when I was living as a female, I won't lie. I think cleavage is awesome. But then I started having dysphoria and that all changed, LOL. Before that, though, I really wanted cleavage. 'Cos basically I was into gothic fashion and all the s**t I wanted to wear was like HELLO BOOBS.

xd

I still enjoy the festive feel of Christmas; I think it dredges up some of the warm, fuzzy memories about it from my youngest years. I dislike people who make an extra big deal out of it in the face of other cultures' celebrations, though. Like, people bitching about how saying "Happy Holidays" is somehow ruining Christmas or whatever. Like, whaaaat? So self-centered. Stores using that term to respect that not everyone celebrates the holiday doesn't in any way reduce your capacity to continue to celebrate Christmas under your own roof and/or your personal greeting of "Merry Christmas", duh. x_x

Ah okay, lol. Yeah, I can picture some of that being a problem in the way a lot of it is styled. For the most part, I don't care about cleavage, although I admit that there are a few times when I find it extra annoying that my wider rib cage kind of further keeps the breasts apart, making any kind of cleavage all the more lacking. ^^;

I enjoy reading that book! X3

Dapper Phantom

GuardianCentauri
Desideraht

xd

I still enjoy the festive feel of Christmas; I think it dredges up some of the warm, fuzzy memories about it from my youngest years. I dislike people who make an extra big deal out of it in the face of other cultures' celebrations, though. Like, people bitching about how saying "Happy Holidays" is somehow ruining Christmas or whatever. Like, whaaaat? So self-centered. Stores using that term to respect that not everyone celebrates the holiday doesn't in any way reduce your capacity to continue to celebrate Christmas under your own roof and/or your personal greeting of "Merry Christmas", duh. x_x

Ah okay, lol. Yeah, I can picture some of that being a problem in the way a lot of it is styled. For the most part, I don't care about cleavage, although I admit that there are a few times when I find it extra annoying that my wider rib cage kind of further keeps the breasts apart, making any kind of cleavage all the more lacking. ^^;

I enjoy reading that book! X3
I just don't like it because of the brainwashing aspect of it. I like family get togethers, yes. But I hate the whole "IT'S TEH MOOOOST WUNDERBAR TIME, OF THE YEAAAAARRRRR" and all this annoying s**t. It makes me want to commit brutal acts of murder. I try to avoid public between Nov-Dec, but the thing is, it's my favorite weather. So I just blast my headphones super loud and try to ignore the decorations everywhere.

I was very focused on cleavage back then, lol. All the "happy" and "hot" girls had it. So I felt like I had to in order to be loved/liked. And well, I was at THAT age. I was about 14-15 when it was a real issue. All the girls were showing off tits/a** and I was skinny and boy-like. Now I'm glad I am, lol...

Shy Seeker

Desideraht
I just don't like it because of the brainwashing aspect of it. I like family get togethers, yes. But I hate the whole "IT'S TEH MOOOOST WUNDERBAR TIME, OF THE YEAAAAARRRRR" and all this annoying s**t. It makes me want to commit brutal acts of murder. I try to avoid public between Nov-Dec, but the thing is, it's my favorite weather. So I just blast my headphones super loud and try to ignore the decorations everywhere.

I was very focused on cleavage back then, lol. All the "happy" and "hot" girls had it. So I felt like I had to in order to be loved/liked. And well, I was at THAT age. I was about 14-15 when it was a real issue. All the girls were showing off tits/a** and I was skinny and boy-like. Now I'm glad I am, lol...

OMG, now I have that song playing in my head. xd sweatdrop But yeah, when it comes to my family, I start to get annoyed when some of them cross the line to assume that everyone's cool with the actual religious parts of it in terms of planning activities. Like... I'm respectful of their celebrations, go along with the general festivities, and just kind of quietly go with the flow if people want to do a quick prayer of thanks before dinner or whatever. But as soon as relatives automatically determine that we're all going to church... ugh. Nope, not happening.

Aww... Well it sounds like you're learning quicker than I did then. I was still stuck in the midst of peer pressure and various insecurities in my early twenties. ^^;

Hopeful Bookworm

Eunuch also has roots in Ancient Korea and China (They were used as personal messengers between the males and the contribines.)

that wasn't exactly on the topic of Transgender, but I think that if anyone wants to do and has made an educated decision then let it happen. If it's right for them it's their body. I do not understand why some people are so jumpy, it's not l like they're deciding to do it on you?

That's sorta my stance. But I don't know anyone who is transgender...

Dapper Phantom

Blissful Duchess
Eunuch also has roots in Ancient Korea and China (They were used as personal messengers between the males and the contribines.)

that wasn't exactly on the topic of Transgender, but I think that if anyone wants to do and has made an educated decision then let it happen. If it's right for them it's their body. I do not understand why some people are so jumpy, it's not l like they're deciding to do it on you?

That's sorta my stance. But I don't know anyone who is transgender...
Eunuchs are a bit different, though they are sort of like a third-gender in a way.

I think people get jumpy because they think we're making this decision lightly, or that it's based on an insecurity. It very well may be for some, but even if it was, it's not really anyone's business.

If you want to get to know some trans people, I'm sure many of us here in the thread would gladly answer any questions you might have. x)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff