Remy is back again....

Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Navi Le Faye
xAshleyVanityx
Well I am in California, so I guess that would be the state in question.
But thank you for answering my question. smile

I believe that in the lovely state of California the law would dictate that you may change your sex on legal documentation to the preferred gender after surgery and at least one year prior to the aforementioned surgery given that you have documentation from a physician and therapist stating that you are going to have the surgery within the year time span.

You will need to look into this. I believe CA has the same guidelines as here in WA, where you simply need a letter from your physician stating that you are undergoing treatment for GID; thus you only need to be on HRT to get it changed.
ginaookami
Navi Le Faye
Umbral_Necropolitan
On another note, I've been having some definite issues with my sexuality as I've recently discovered that I enjoy physical intimacy from men far more than women, which was a big shock for me since I wasn't attracted to men before HRT or at least I wouldn't admit it to myself. While I still enjoy intimacy from women and find them attractive, I'm not sure what this means for myself in the long term as it could skunk something good I have going on.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I've asked my friends but none of them have experience in this area of discussion as they are cis and hetero.

CoCo as well as myself have both noticed a significant increase in our attraction towards women after starting HRT. Where as she was more attracted to men and I was very flat line bisexual prior to treatment.
CoCo just ended a serious relationship which lasted over the course of three years due to her changing sexuality, her treatment began merely 9 months ago and certainly propelled the change in her sexuality. I'm sure she would love to discuss this with you, once she and I finish cleaning up our place.
I've noticed a bit of this too. I used to be flat bisexual, and am mated. I now find I'm bisexual with strong lesbian leanings, and no way of knowing how to let my boyfriend know. I love him dearly, I'm just not sexually attracted to him...

This is pretty much exactly what happened to me. I decided to end the relationship; it was not fair to him or me to try and keep it going with such stressful conditions. You need to talk to him about it; this is not optional. It isn't fair to him to drag him along with such a secret, and it isn't fair to you to force yourself into hiding your real feelings. If you do not talk to him about it, the situation will inevitably grow more and more stressful to you both until it explodes and you suffer a nasty, hateful breakup. Having been in the exact same situation before, I can give you more advice if you would like.
Corrupted Coco
[Q]
Corrupted Coco

You really ******** hate yourself don't you?
You really think everyone's out to ******** get you for no reason, don't you?

Wait, what? How the ******** did you even make that connection? I'm just honestly wondering at this point: Do you hate yourself? You willingly avoid transition and stay in a military environment that degenders you constantly, which alone I can leave up to personal choice, but now you're defending VERY clearly anti-trans laws? What the ********?

Quote:
Anyway.

Found this on the front page of news.google today (US edition, health section).
It implies that:
- GID in kids is growing
- Abuse (of any kind) is linked to kids exhibiting GID
- Treatments for children around 12 are becoming more frequent.

Is it just me or does the fact that it implies GID is some sort of new illness taking the world by storm a bit disturbing?
Either the way we find this stuff is getting better or the numbers of people with GID is actually growing. And if it's the latter, I'm a bit perturbed.

98% huh? Impromptu case study!

I was raised in a middle class home until I was 20 and given a hefty college fund by caring parents. My MtF ex was raised in a similar environment. Hmm, no abuse there.

Find me 100 transpeople who suffered abuse without finding any more like us to prove the claim or the article is total ******** bunk.

GID is not growing. Transpeople are getting more of the recognition they deserve as time goes on, thus more are diagnosed. That is all.

^^ that.

Also, as for the abuse thing: gay kids are more likely to be abused as well. That doesn't mean abuse CAUSES these things, but that the personalities of children who have internal confusion, self hatred, and are shunned by their peers are more likely to be quiet, and less likely to tell adults that they're being abused in any way because they already feel like they're disappointing them. They get abused because they're easy targets.

Dangerous Lover

Navi Le Faye
xAshleyVanityx

I believe that in the lovely state of California the law would dictate that you may change your sex on legal documentation to the preferred gender after surgery and at least one year prior to the aforementioned surgery given that you have documentation from a physician and therapist stating that you are going to have the surgery within the year time span.
If we're talking about just change of gender on state IDs, in California you can get it changed with a change of gender form signed by your doctor. If you're "still in transition" you have to redo the form again in 5 years. If your transition is complete, then you're good for life.
If we're talking about birth certificate change, then you have to go through the court system in a similar fashion to a legal name change. And I believe you need at least one surgery to do so.

Hallowed Wench

Corrupted Coco
Navi Le Faye
xAshleyVanityx

You will need to look into this. I believe CA has the same guidelines as here in WA, where you simply need a letter from your physician stating that you are undergoing treatment for GID; thus you only need to be on HRT to get it changed.

I answered this on the last page but it went unnoticed by the asker...

In California, you can get the sex on your Driver's License changed with a note from your doctor... I think its good for a few years, but if you change your birth certificate you don't have to work with that mess. You do NOT need SRS to change your birth certificate in California, just a permanent medical procedure. The law is written so vague you have your birth certificate changed without SRS, not all doctors know about this especially the older school of thought who think that SRS is the finish line of transition.

Hallowed Wench

Corrupted Coco
ginaookami
Navi Le Faye
Umbral_Necropolitan
On another note, I've been having some definite issues with my sexuality as I've recently discovered that I enjoy physical intimacy from men far more than women, which was a big shock for me since I wasn't attracted to men before HRT or at least I wouldn't admit it to myself. While I still enjoy intimacy from women and find them attractive, I'm not sure what this means for myself in the long term as it could skunk something good I have going on.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I've asked my friends but none of them have experience in this area of discussion as they are cis and hetero.

CoCo as well as myself have both noticed a significant increase in our attraction towards women after starting HRT. Where as she was more attracted to men and I was very flat line bisexual prior to treatment.
CoCo just ended a serious relationship which lasted over the course of three years due to her changing sexuality, her treatment began merely 9 months ago and certainly propelled the change in her sexuality. I'm sure she would love to discuss this with you, once she and I finish cleaning up our place.
I've noticed a bit of this too. I used to be flat bisexual, and am mated. I now find I'm bisexual with strong lesbian leanings, and no way of knowing how to let my boyfriend know. I love him dearly, I'm just not sexually attracted to him...

This is pretty much exactly what happened to me. I decided to end the relationship; it was not fair to him or me to try and keep it going with such stressful conditions. You need to talk to him about it; this is not optional. It isn't fair to him to drag him along with such a secret, and it isn't fair to you to force yourself into hiding your real feelings. If you do not talk to him about it, the situation will inevitably grow more and more stressful to you both until it explodes and you suffer a nasty, hateful breakup. Having been in the exact same situation before, I can give you more advice if you would like.

For clarity's sake, I'm MtF currently with a woman...

I've been on hormones for two years now, prior to hormones I was only attracted to women.

After about a year men became attractive to me. So I went from identifying as lesbian to bisexual with primary preference being women still.

Now after finally having physical contact with a man, I have discovered I enjoy the physical intimacy with a man more than a woman.

I don't hide my change in sexual preferences with my current partner, she is well aware of them and we have frequent discussions about it. As I still enjoy intimacy with her and her companionship I don't know if it is worth ruining something good just for better sex... which honestly I've learned a long time ago sex is important but it isn't the most important part of a relationship.

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if people feel kind of like they didn't have a proper childhood? I know that I had my childhood but it feels kind of like it was wrong because I was a boy all through my childhood and did several of the things that boys did. I feel like I should have been a girl though and feel like I would have rather done more of the things that girls did. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels this way?

I'm also feeling a little depressed because my sister doesn't know that I'm a MtF transsexual but she does know that I've at least had thoughts about being a girl and she doesn't think that it's right. She said that I was born a boy for a reason and now I'm just feeling really depressed. I don't know what to do.

Hallowed Wench

Flickering Hope
Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if people feel kind of like they didn't have a proper childhood? I know that I had my childhood but it feels kind of like it was wrong because I was a boy all through my childhood and did several of the things that boys did. I feel like I should have been a girl though and feel like I would have rather done more of the things that girls did. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels this way?

I'm also feeling a little depressed because my sister doesn't know that I'm a MtF transsexual but she does know that I've at least had thoughts about being a girl and she doesn't think that it's right. She said that I was born a boy for a reason and now I'm just feeling really depressed. I don't know what to do.

I know I didn't have a proper childhood, I was sickly for most of it and my father died when I was 9. As such I was introverted and spent most of my childhood playing video games, reading books, and such rather than doing either "manly" or "womanly" activities.

Depends is your sister younger or older?

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Umbral_Necropolitan
Flickering Hope

I know I didn't have a proper childhood, I was sickly for most of it and my father died when I was 9. As such I was introverted and spent most of my childhood playing video games, reading books, and such rather than doing either "manly" or "womanly" activities.

My sister is five years older than me. It's hard for me to believe that she thinks that way. She's fine with the LGB part of the LGBT community.

Hallowed Wench

Flickering Hope
Umbral_Necropolitan
Flickering Hope

My sister is five years older than me. It's hard for me to believe that she thinks that way. She's fine with the LGB part of the LGBT community.

Hm... Discrimination from the LGB towards trans is regrettably common so it is not a big leap for cis-hetero people to be okay with LGB but not T. Kind of weird but it was the opposite for my immediate family, it was okay for me to be trans as that is a medical condition to them but being "gay" was harder.

Third party affirmation of being trans as valid helped smooth over some of my issues with people. Sometimes it just takes allot of time for someone to come around to the idea, I have a friend who's mother is just now coming around to her being trans and she has been on HRT for 4 years and is post op.

The relatives who didn't want to accept me were cut from my life, I hate the loss but better than having to deal with people who dislike me.

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Umbral_Necropolitan
Flickering Hope
Umbral_Necropolitan
Flickering Hope

Hm... Discrimination from the LGB towards trans is regrettably common so it is not a big leap for cis-hetero people to be okay with LGB but not T. Kind of weird but it was the opposite for my immediate family, it was okay for me to be trans as that is a medical condition to them but being "gay" was harder.

Third party affirmation of being trans as valid helped smooth over some of my issues with people. Sometimes it just takes allot of time for someone to come around to the idea, I have a friend who's mother is just now coming around to her being trans and she has been on HRT for 4 years and is post op.

The relatives who didn't want to accept me were cut from my life, I hate the loss but better than having to deal with people who dislike me.
Agreed. That's why I try not to associate with ANY part of the LGBT community except on the internet. Besides. I pass decently in person anyways, and I'm rather proud of that

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
My fiance is trans, he has a nice d**k.
YUPP.

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Ok no but in all seriousness, I should prob introduce myself instead of being THAT guy.

So I'm 22 and engaged to a 19 y/o transman. We've been together for over 2 years. I'm cis, female. We both identify as pansexual.

I have like a surplus of resources for transpeople if anyone is looking for information on anything particular. Feel free to PM me smile
Also if you're in the Philly/NYC area I have a good lot of local info.

Uhm...otherwise feel free to talk to me heart I'll answer any questions really, personal or technical. wink

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Ichiyukimai
Ok no but in all seriousness, I should prob introduce myself instead of being THAT guy.

So I'm 22 and engaged to a 19 y/o transman. We've been together for over 2 years. I'm cis, female. We both identify as pansexual.

I have like a surplus of resources for transpeople if anyone is looking for information on anything particular. Feel free to PM me smile

Uhm...otherwise feel free to talk to me heart I'll answer any questions really, personal or technical. wink

Hello there, welcome to the thread. I think it's great that you support your fiance. Receiving support and acceptance is one of the best things someone can receive, especially when you're feeling down or depressed.

Fashionable Vampire

Ichiyukimai

Welcome to the thread!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces