Welcome to Gaia! ::

Remy is back again....

Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]
< 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 1918 1919 1920 > >> >>> »|

So how did you all come up with your names? A friend of mine is MtF. When she came out to her parents she discovered that her mom always thought she was going to be girl and had picked a girl's name out. It was a suprise when she popped out as a boy. She decided to use the name her mother originally had picked out for her.

4,350 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Remmington700
So how did you all come up with your names? A friend of mine is MtF. When she came out to her parents she discovered that her mom always thought she was going to be girl and had picked a girl's name out. It was a suprise when she popped out as a boy. She decided to use the name her mother originally had picked out for her.
              My mom "always knew" I was going to be a girl, so she never chose a boy's name for me. confused In my early transition, I could not decide on a name, so I decided to "borrow" the name of an actor as an alias. I chose the name Daniel, inspired by comedian Dan Aykroyd, and I go by Dan. Well, I've been going by that name for 2 years, and it just seems silly to switch now... I guess it's kind of stuck, and everyone seems to think it really suits me.
Remmington700

I am the opposite. I was supposed to be a boy and I popped out a girl. However, I don't like the name they had picked for me. They named me a gender neutral name and I still use it. I don't plan on legally changing it. However, the name I go by more often, Quinn, is a variation of it that sounds more masculine and unique to me. My given name seems very formal, while I am a very informal person.
biggrin Thank you both for your stories. Do you find one side of the equation is more accepted by society? MtF vs FtM? It seems MtF is more well known by far but I don't know that it translates into greater acceptance. Sorry if my questions seem silly.

4,350 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
              Hmmmm.
              I'm not sure, really. Both FtMs and MtFs aren't taken very seriously by most people, for different reasons. ;/ s**t sucks.
Hooray! Transtastic will hopefully once more by back to it's fabulous-ness!

I feel like since I never introduced myself in the first thread, I should do it here. ^^;;

My name is Manda-chan in my everyday life, but my name around these parts is Uke. I don't mind being called either one, or if you want to make up your own for me, I really am cool with that too. ^^

I am not transgendered, though sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't have decided I was a trans-man if I hadn't met my girl and become partners with her. I am a cis-woman. I'm 21, in college for becoming a Sociology professor, and have a girl who is rather undoubtedly the love of my life and will remain that way through the rest of our journey.

I have always had a tug and pull relationship with gender. My parents expected a baby boy on March 10th 1989. I was Christopher Robert to them and until that was changed they were very excited for me to be their baby boy. Sadly to them, I wasn't so they stuck the name Amanda on me and walked out the hospital disappointed. Always when I was young I was fascinated by my dad's stuff. I wore his shoes, sweater. I played with his polishing kit, I loved being around him because we played sports together and had fun. My mom would nag on me, tell me I wasn't normal, and that I needed to be a little girl.
I even pretended I was a boy sometimes, it took away from the pain I got in elementary, I was over weight, had not many friends, and was generally unhappy. Especially when 5th grade hit, I was already a B cup bra. I refused to a bra, I was mortified what I was going through and I hated my body.
I felt this way throughout high school, and I first heard about transgendered. I looked it up, I felt close to it, but never came out or even really declared myself as trans. Something kept me back.
Finally in college I took a sex class, still felt close to gender and how I felt uncomfortable as myself. I started getting closer to my girlfriend as a friend, I was falling for her at this point, and was jealous of the girl she had come to want to ask to be with. I had a girlfriend at this point who was much the same with gender, though I didn't realize I was in a mentally unstable and even abusive in the later years relationship with her. I was self-deemed Poly at that point... but in truth I never was. I was jealous, I didn't like sharing my partner, but I loved that girl at that point enough to get over myself and my problems.
I was really close to deciding that I was a trans-man. I started a fight with my girl, and before I confessed my feelings to her, I had even asked her if she would accept a girl who was really trans as her lover. She was a stubborn, stubborn girl back then. >: x She hadn't come out as her fabulous self yet.
She agreed to be my 'boyfriend' on my other partner's and mines 1st year anniversary. I was happy, I finally felt Poly.
God was our relationship so rough and strange in the beginning. It was very eye opening. I still think about thanking her for how much she pushed me and made me a better person. I had finally started backing down from thinking I was a trans-man and really looking at myself. Finally, I took Brenda's soc class, I feel in love with the field and Brenda immediately. This was my calling, and she was boat into the passage way.
Colette's and mine relationship was at a high tension peak. It finally took something horrible to happen to make us finally realize how much we truly loved one another and were willing to stick by each other no matter what. I still cry thinking about it, it was so hard, but what came out was stronger people and stronger love.
I remember it like it was yesterday, after a wonderful weekend at our con, and getting my girl a picture as a little present from a good web artist, she came out. I had never felt more love, compassion for anyone at that moment. I knew that it was coming to it, but when it finally came out, I loved her just as much if not more. I was ready to hear that, and honestly, a couple days later, I finally knew I wasn't a man. I just finally looked at myself, in some new clothes I had gotten for myself and said, "You're a pretty woman, with a pretty girlfriend." And smiled and felt great.

It's been a hard journey still with my precious girl. A little after that, I had hit a huge peak with my other girlfriend, my first one and finally began to realize there was mental abuse going on. In December I broke up with her. In February or around then, I stopped trying to be friends with her completely.

It's still rough. We're having huge problems with family and we're finally starting to get money issues solved and still have to move out. But, we're finally leaping forward, I hope soon to see my girl off to her first therapy session with a neat gender therapist she found. ^^ I'm so excited for my girl, and so happy to be able to start helping get therapy, and soon enough hormones. I'd pretty much give up everything and anything to give her the happiness and help she needs. I'm just so happy to be her girl.

I love transgendered individuals. Especially you all here you're wonderful, you're real and you're all beautiful. Gender has always been a big plot point in my life, and its so fitting that I have my life partner as a strong, gorgeous trans-woman. So I support and am willing to help everyone here, because you guys have become a second family to me. <3

And... that's my story. ^^;; ... I'm sure Sana can back it up. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. She's a regular around here, and I'm sure she'll be posting in the new thread soon. ^^ She is a wonderful and beautiful girl. Treat her nice, because I love her to death, she's a lot of my everything. ... So be nice. >: | ... XD While I'm serious, I don't need to make an ugly face. XP I look forward to a new a fabulous thread with the old and newcomers. :3 <3 Love you guys~

In a relationship with Asatou

7,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Remmington700
My birth name is Ariana Nicole Pope. choosen name Nicholas Remy Pope.

Nicholas- When I first came out as transgender I identified as genderqueer. Or a mix of both genders. I wanted to find a name that would be androgynous or gender neutral. I stumbled upon using Nicky/Nikky at this time irl.

When I finally realized I was a transman I decided to look into a completely different name, so I spent some time looking at them. I considered many names before I settled on Nicholas. I had considered Jimmy, which had been a nickname of mine from 6th grade. And then Robert because naming the first born males that is a family tradition on my dad's side and most certainly would have been my name had I been born one biologically.

Then I wanted to keep an A name because I love that I can call myself A, Pope. I did like and consider the names Alex and Andy, (Or Alexander and Andrew) but Alex is my brother-in-laws name, and Andy is one of my best friends. So in the end I stuck to Nicholas. I liked it, it was based off my first name, and I was already content and used to it. (Although I hate being called Nicky now.)

Remy- This name actually takes root in gaia as it has been my home and large part of my life for nearly 7 years. Around this time a year ago I was deeply involved in a MMO in which my character was named Duremite. My friends had pulled Remi out of duremite and it had stuck as a nick name that I really liked. When I first started looking up names I simply looked up a male equivalent to that name. It's French, I'm part French. It works.

Pope- Pft, who doesn't love that name.

In a relationship with Asatou

7,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
ukecloud
Hooray! Transtastic will hopefully once more by back to it's fabulous-ness!

I feel like since I never introduced myself in the first thread, I should do it here. ^^;;

My name is Manda-chan in my everyday life, but my name around these parts is Uke. I don't mind being called either one, or if you want to make up your own for me, I really am cool with that too. ^^

I am not transgendered, though sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't have decided I was a trans-man if I hadn't met my girl and become partners with her. I am a cis-woman. I'm 21, in college for becoming a Sociology professor, and have a girl who is rather undoubtedly the love of my life and will remain that way through the rest of our journey.

I have always had a tug and pull relationship with gender. My parents expected a baby boy on March 10th 1989. I was Christopher Robert to them and until that was changed they were very excited for me to be their baby boy. Sadly to them, I wasn't so they stuck the name Amanda on me and walked out the hospital disappointed. Always when I was young I was fascinated by my dad's stuff. I wore his shoes, sweater. I played with his polishing kit, I loved being around him because we played sports together and had fun. My mom would nag on me, tell me I wasn't normal, and that I needed to be a little girl.
I even pretended I was a boy sometimes, it took away from the pain I got in elementary, I was over weight, had not many friends, and was generally unhappy. Especially when 5th grade hit, I was already a B cup bra. I refused to a bra, I was mortified what I was going through and I hated my body.
I felt this way throughout high school, and I first heard about transgendered. I looked it up, I felt close to it, but never came out or even really declared myself as trans. Something kept me back.
Finally in college I took a sex class, still felt close to gender and how I felt uncomfortable as myself. I started getting closer to my girlfriend as a friend, I was falling for her at this point, and was jealous of the girl she had come to want to ask to be with. I had a girlfriend at this point who was much the same with gender, though I didn't realize I was in a mentally unstable and even abusive in the later years relationship with her. I was self-deemed Poly at that point... but in truth I never was. I was jealous, I didn't like sharing my partner, but I loved that girl at that point enough to get over myself and my problems.
I was really close to deciding that I was a trans-man. I started a fight with my girl, and before I confessed my feelings to her, I had even asked her if she would accept a girl who was really trans as her lover. She was a stubborn, stubborn girl back then. >: x She hadn't come out as her fabulous self yet.
She agreed to be my 'boyfriend' on my other partner's and mines 1st year anniversary. I was happy, I finally felt Poly.
God was our relationship so rough and strange in the beginning. It was very eye opening. I still think about thanking her for how much she pushed me and made me a better person. I had finally started backing down from thinking I was a trans-man and really looking at myself. Finally, I took Brenda's soc class, I feel in love with the field and Brenda immediately. This was my calling, and she was boat into the passage way.
Colette's and mine relationship was at a high tension peak. It finally took something horrible to happen to make us finally realize how much we truly loved one another and were willing to stick by each other no matter what. I still cry thinking about it, it was so hard, but what came out was stronger people and stronger love.
I remember it like it was yesterday, after a wonderful weekend at our con, and getting my girl a picture as a little present from a good web artist, she came out. I had never felt more love, compassion for anyone at that moment. I knew that it was coming to it, but when it finally came out, I loved her just as much if not more. I was ready to hear that, and honestly, a couple days later, I finally knew I wasn't a man. I just finally looked at myself, in some new clothes I had gotten for myself and said, "You're a pretty woman, with a pretty girlfriend." And smiled and felt great.

It's been a hard journey still with my precious girl. A little after that, I had hit a huge peak with my other girlfriend, my first one and finally began to realize there was mental abuse going on. In December I broke up with her. In February or around then, I stopped trying to be friends with her completely.

It's still rough. We're having huge problems with family and we're finally starting to get money issues solved and still have to move out. But, we're finally leaping forward, I hope soon to see my girl off to her first therapy session with a neat gender therapist she found. ^^ I'm so excited for my girl, and so happy to be able to start helping get therapy, and soon enough hormones. I'd pretty much give up everything and anything to give her the happiness and help she needs. I'm just so happy to be her girl.

I love transgendered individuals. Especially you all here you're wonderful, you're real and you're all beautiful. Gender has always been a big plot point in my life, and its so fitting that I have my life partner as a strong, gorgeous trans-woman. So I support and am willing to help everyone here, because you guys have become a second family to me. <3

And... that's my story. ^^;; ... I'm sure Sana can back it up. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. She's a regular around here, and I'm sure she'll be posting in the new thread soon. ^^ She is a wonderful and beautiful girl. Treat her nice, because I love her to death, she's a lot of my everything. ... So be nice. >: | ... XD While I'm serious, I don't need to make an ugly face. XP I look forward to a new a fabulous thread with the old and newcomers. :3 <3 Love you guys~
I will read this when i return tomorrow. I g2g. >< Damn, and I was hoping to edit the op all night. That didn't happen.

Dangerous Raider

Lupin_Therian
RoidTheNinja
Well howdy thur thread. I'm Jon, FTM.
I have a ridiculously supportive group of friends at my university, and I'm just getting started on my journey. I should be starting hormones in mid-october.
(and seeing how it is 0430 ish, I'll be back when its light outside to post something beyond an intro)
Haha, good to see you Jon. Glad to have you back.

Question, as a university student, do you feel your gender identity is generally respected in the classroom, looked over, or ignored?

Answer, I've never really had a problem with it. All my professors thus far have been receptive to "yeah, even though the roster says X I'm actually Jon." Actually, I think the name change is treated more as a "nickname" status sort of thing. Similar to how Jonathan would want to be called Jon. I'm not sure that they're grasping the full magnitude of it (some of my professors certainly are though).
And as far as the student body goes, I have yet to have a problem as well. Most of the students are fascinated and want to learn more about transpeople. The students are probably the group who respect my gender identity the most, at least they are the ones who are asking the most questions in an attempt to understand.
Long story short, in the classroom I have yet to run into issues.

Dangerous Raider

Remmington700

Hmmm... my parents thought I was going to be a boy, and had Charles James [last name] picked out for me, but surprise! I was a girl. So I got stuck with a gender neutral name. When I came out as trans, I didn't want to use the name my parents had picked out for me, because to be honest, I didn't (and still don't) feel like a Charles James. Plus I have three relatives (grandad, uncle, cousin) named James Charles. I picked out the name Jon because it seemed to suit me, and its my godfather's name. My godfather, who is also my mum's little brother, and i are ridiculously alike. My middle name is going to be Dmitri, because that's what a lot of my friends called me when I got to college and started throwing around names. Plus, I like the ability to claim JD as my nickname.

Fashionable Prophet

lately i have been having issues with my boyfriend. i don't really feel like i have a romantic attraction to him anymore. but i still really care about him and want him to be happy. the thing that worries me is that i might be having these issues because of his gender. he identifies as genderqueer, and so do i. but as of late he has taken up an androgynous name, wears dresses/women's clothing, and is buying a wig. i mean, things are subject to change, because even i change what gender i feel like month to month. but i feel like why i am not feeling the same way i do about him is because i don't really want to date someone more feminine to me. i'm not attracted to women. i don't wanna take a masculine role.
and i feel really bad about it. i feel like a hypocrite because i can be the same way.
i just don't know what to do.
Okay AHURM introductions for new users poking their heads in.

I'm Verd, a cis gendered female who's been supportive of the trans community for a couple years now. I run the ED debate thread, and my speciality appears to be staying up disgustingly late to talk people through their problems.
Coffee Eyes
lately i have been having issues with my boyfriend. i don't really feel like i have a romantic attraction to him anymore. but i still really care about him and want him to be happy. the thing that worries me is that i might be having these issues because of his gender. he identifies as genderqueer, and so do i. but as of late he has taken up an androgynous name, wears dresses/women's clothing, and is buying a wig. i mean, things are subject to change, because even i change what gender i feel like month to month. but i feel like why i am not feeling the same way i do about him is because i don't really want to date someone more feminine to me. i'm not attracted to women. i don't wanna take a masculine role.
and i feel really bad about it. i feel like a hypocrite because i can be the same way.
i just don't know what to do.
Whether it's hypocritical or not, don't feel like you have to date someone just because of x reason. If you're not attracted to someone, you're just not. You don't need a logical reason or a leg to stand on when defending yourself.

If you really want to wait and see if it's just a rough patch that blows over, by all means. But don't stick around feeling miserable because you feel you have to.

Heartwarming Galaxy

Oh yes I forgot to re introduce myself...

Hello I am Jesteen, I am 19 years old and I am not a transgender nor cross dress or anything of the sort I am here to learn more about Transgenders (and related thing ) for I just love to learn it also help me out a bit since I am into BDSM Dominate/ slave lifestyle (I am the Dominate one mwhaaaaaa) twisted For those who don't know Crossdressing and Feminization which can tie both into Transitioning or BDSM Fetish/Kink funny huh?
The Final Chapter
Oh yes I forgot to re introduce myself...

Hello I am Jesteen, I am 19 years old and I am not a transgender nor cross dress or anything of the sort I am here to learn more about Transgenders (and related thing ) for I just love to learn it also help me out a bit since I am into BDSM Dominate/ slave lifestyle (I am the Dominate one mwhaaaaaa) twisted For those who don't know Crossdressing and Feminization which can tie both into Transitioning or BDSM Fetish/Kink funny huh?
For some reason, even though I knew a lot of trans people and crossdressers are into BDSM, I never really thought they tied into one another. I guess it makes sense.

NO WONDER OCTANE MEETS SO MANY.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces