Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Shirtless Informer

Manda Leah
Opks back to super negative, practically no line.. Time for the fun 2ww! My first real one ever.
I still kinda can't even believe it. Haha <3

Yay!
Just gonna see if anyone knows what this is. My fingertips are bumpy (like goosebumps) and red and they hurt. Like i started on my pinky like two days ago and now it's on my ring and middle finger as well. Mat says it's prob an allergic reaction but it hasn't gone away and it like hurts to touch anything with those fingers. gonk

I am definitely going to bring it up to my doctor on Friday but just wanted to see if any of you knew what this could be.
Kristy_098
Just gonna see if anyone knows what this is. My fingertips are bumpy (like goosebumps) and red and they hurt. Like i started on my pinky like two days ago and now it's on my ring and middle finger as well. Mat says it's prob an allergic reaction but it hasn't gone away and it like hurts to touch anything with those fingers. gonk

I am definitely going to bring it up to my doctor on Friday but just wanted to see if any of you knew what this could be.

It's not uncommon for pregnancy to cause strange skin irritations, but that doesn't sound like anything I've heard of. I'd definitely ask your Dr.
Sammiifayse
Kristy_098

It's not uncommon for pregnancy to cause strange skin irritations, but that doesn't sound like anything I've heard of. I'd definitely ask your Dr.
The last time i got something like this was from banana peels (cause of my dumb banana allergy) but i really don't think i have touched any bananas :S

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Clambake 200
Doing the test to see if my water broke. I am not sure what I am expecting.

Feral Kitten

http://tinypic.com/r/1zx45c3/6 (This is the last ultrasound we have of her. You can see her fluid level is so low. That's what sent us to the birthing center)

http://tinypic.com/r/2j32qkn/6 (Taken yesterday, we went home!!)
http://tinypic.com/r/2rhahog/6 (Sister-in-law took this, I had no idea til she uploaded it)
http://tinypic.com/r/2n8y1si/6 (First time in the cars eat. My grandmother made the blanket that's on her in it)

http://tinypic.com/r/2cpygjm/6 (Right after I came back from the c-section)
http://tinypic.com/r/2lsa42q/6 (right after coming back from the c-section. First time holding her)

http://tinypic.com/r/r9ic2f/6 (I love my snuggle-bug)

http://tinypic.com/r/i70wig/6 (My husband with her. First time ever holding a baby. He doesn't have baby experience)
http://tinypic.com/r/vneemv/6 (Husband with her again)

Feral Kitten

My birth story. I'm home and relaxing and I actually have time to post this.

On Tuesday, I had an OB appointment at 3 pm. It was an OB appointment/follow up the emergency one I had the Friday before. I told my OB that I still wasn't feeling her move and my BH contractions had stopped, so she put me back on the heart monitor and sent me for another bio-physical ultrasound. Her heartbeat was in the "Normal range" for her, which was in the 145's to 160's but her fluid level went from a 14 to basically nothing, as you can see from the picture I posted of the ultrasound. I had also gone from being 50% effaced on Friday to being 2 cm and 50% on Tuesday, but not feeling the contractions was worrisome.

So my OB called the birth center and said we were coming in. So the husband and I went and grabbed dinner and headed over to the birth center. We got there around 6 pm. I got changed and put into the bed, got all hooked back up to the monitor, and everything. So the husband and I are sitting around, talking and eating until the RN came in and said my OB wanted me to have cervidel (SP?) to try to induce labor. It's basically a small, plastic tampon like thing that goes up behind the cervix to try to soften and ripen it. I had it overnight, and around 7:30 am on Wednesday I was told that I had only dilated to 3 cm.

At that point, I was started on pitocin and my contractions picked up, but they were right on top of each other. I don't remember what time I got the epidural, but I was only 3 cm and 50% effaced when I got it. At 4:30 pm, my OB came in and broke what was left of my water. She had pooped and that's when talk of a c-section started.

I was kept on the pictocin until literally my contractions never stopped. I couldn't tell where one started and one ended, and the monitor couldn't pick up on when they started or stopped either. So they stopped it, but then my contractions completely stopped. By 8:30 ish they started the pictocin again but it was only at 1 or 2. But that got them back at being never ending. By 11, I was 9 and 70% with a little bit of cervix left. So I started pushing to try to see if that last little bit would soften up, but it never did.

Mia started stressing out so they called my OB in and she checked me and had me push a few times. But she told me that the best thing for us, would be for me to have a c-section. Mia wasn't doing okay and with the fact that she had pooped was worrisome. Made the choice by 12:10 am, and waited while the team cleaned up from the previous c-section. I'm not sure why everyone left (think they all went out to smoke) but Micah's sister stayed with me. She and I had a heart to heart. It was actually really nice. She told me that she respected me a lot more, and she told me how she was proud to be able to call me her sister-in-law. So by 12:30 am on the 31 st, I was signing the consent forms and finding out how they would be doing things. By 12:45 I was being rolled back to the OR for the c-section.

Since I had the epidural the anesthesiologist just used that port for the spinal block, I felt the drug go through the IV. It took a few minutes and I was numb, so they called Micah back and started. Both Micah and the anesthesiologist were talking to me. Telling me that I had done the best I could, and I shouldn't be upset that I ended up having to have a c-section.

Mia was born at 1:05 am on January 31st, 5 days past her EDD. They told Micah that he could stand and see her. He ended up telling me, that they had her head out when they told him he could stand. He watched as they pulled her out. He ended up tearing up and needed a little help standing from the anesthesiologist. He sat back down and said she was beautiful, then I got to see her when they held her over the curtain. I burst out into tears.

But then I started having a reaction to not being able to feel my lower half. My brain started freaking out, and I started feeling this intense chest pain that went up into my right shoulder. It was so painful that I ended up throwing up. It was weird. I"m hoping I never have to throw up like that again. But I had already been warned that I might end up feeling something like that so the anesthesiologist already had the med ready to give me. The only thing was, he had to give me 2 and 1/2 doses of it before it kicked in. It was so strong that I ended up getting sleepy.

I started crying again when they got her crying. I faintly remember hearing the suction sounds as they sucked the stuff out of her mouth, nose and throat. But by now, I was pretty out of it because of the pain med. Micah didn't want to leave my side but I told him to go with Mia and introduce her to the family. I told him that I'd be there soon. I ended up cat-napping while they cleaned me up and stitched back together. I kinda listened to the conversation going on between everyone in the OR. I finally tuned back in when they were basically ready to start pulling the tape off, and after they rolled me over to my right side to pull the catheter from the epidural out. Then pulled me to the left and put me back on my hospital bed and rolled me back to my room.

By then, I was pretty awake again. They hooked me back to the monitor to watch my heartbeat since I had been feeling that pain. They put the blood pressure cuff back on my arm and then handed me Mia. Everything at that moment got better. Nothing matters anymore but her. Family was allowed back in and they congratulated me, and took pictures and some held the baby. By 2:30 am, everyone started leaving for the night. After everyone left, we settled down for the night and went to bed. By the time she was 4 hours old, I had most of my feeling back except for my butt and I was already passing gas.

So far my recovery has been really good.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

I feel somewhat foolish posting. My story is certainly not a happy one. Basically a silly dream with a long distance lover got me where I am. I'm not upset that I'm pregnant, more to the fact that I am alone. I was told twice that I was possibly going through a miscarriage, but a recent checkup spoke otherwise. I've been trying to get a hold of the father, who lives 1,200 miles away. So far, no response. I even tried contacting his family, but they are ignoring me also. I finally sent him an ultrasound picture and told him if he didn't want to be in her life then fine. Don't come crawling to me when you've changed your mind. I've heard it takes a while for a first time mother's belly to pop, because so far mine isn't really noticeable under baggy shirts and sweatshirts. But I can't hide it forever... I'm just scared and tired. I feel so foolish, but I can't mourn my ex for long. I know I need to stop wallowing and prepare the world for my daughter's arrival. Any suggestions or tips would be wonderful... I've been lurking in this thread and just been too scared to post.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
The Fangorn Witch
I feel somewhat foolish posting. My story is certainly not a happy one. Basically a silly dream with a long distance lover got me where I am. I'm not upset that I'm pregnant, more to the fact that I am alone. I was told twice that I was possibly going through a miscarriage, but a recent checkup spoke otherwise. I've been trying to get a hold of the father, who lives 1,200 miles away. So far, no response. I even tried contacting his family, but they are ignoring me also. I finally sent him an ultrasound picture and told him if he didn't want to be in her life then fine. Don't come crawling to me when you've changed your mind. I've heard it takes a while for a first time mother's belly to pop, because so far mine isn't really noticeable under baggy shirts and sweatshirts. But I can't hide it forever... I'm just scared and tired. I feel so foolish, but I can't mourn my ex for long. I know I need to stop wallowing and prepare the world for my daughter's arrival. Any suggestions or tips would be wonderful... I've been lurking in this thread and just been too scared to post.

How far along are you? Congratulations!
I'm sorry you are all alone in this and that the father is acting this way.
My best tip is to take care of yourself, mentally as well as physically.
Do you have any names picked out?

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Clambake 200
So I went to Labor and Delivery. Just turned out to be a large amount of discharge so they sent me home. stressed I WANT MY BABY!!

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Clambake 200
The Fangorn Witch
My mom had the same problem with my biological father the only reason why he ended up being forced to stick around is because after I was born she had a paternity test done with him. The thing that really helped her was my grandma being there and she went to single mother support groups even while she was pregnant. It is important to find something that helps you with what you are going through.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Kitakiy
The Fangorn Witch

How far along are you? Congratulations!
I'm sorry you are all alone in this and that the father is acting this way.
My best tip is to take care of yourself, mentally as well as physically.
Do you have any names picked out?

Thank you!
I'm 23 weeks along and I'm starting to settle on Kitiara. But I'm still not absolutely certain yet.
Thank you for responding by the way. smile
Shadowed Prayer
She is adorable smile Congrats on a successful delivery heart

Dangerous Shapeshifter

CatastrophicRainbow
The Fangorn Witch
My mom had the same problem with my biological father the only reason why he ended up being forced to stick around is because after I was born she had a paternity test done with him. The thing that really helped her was my grandma being there and she went to single mother support groups even while she was pregnant. It is important to find something that helps you with what you are going through.

Sigh, I've found it's quite a common thing unfortunately. I got a hold of him today, but I'm still pretty cautious. He seems very remorseful, but I don't want my baby to be constantly let down by a "sometimes I'm there sometimes I'm not" father. I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt anymore. Thank you for replying by the way. It's nice to talk to others about this.

Blue_666's Kouhai

Invisible Vampire

14,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
The Fangorn Witch
Don't worry about being alone. If you are wanting to keep your baby-let me tell you that it is the most amazing thing when you finally get to hold him/her in your arms...and then you realize that no-your not alone, you have them in your life now.

My son's father was a long-term highschool crush. We got married early last year, and then he raped my 15 year old sister when she was over at a sleepover (I was at work). I left him after that-and found out I was pregnant not to long after. I tried speaking with him about it-well, to no avail. Now he is going through trial (and skipped out on bail, so add another felony there) and all that ended up happening was we fought more...and it put pressure on me...so I left him, haven't seen or heard from him until just after . My son is 4 days old now...and looks a lot like his father (But has my nose thank god) and when my dad commented on it, I just about bawled. But you know...you will have support. If not your own family-the girls here have been a great support for me. Single parenting is hard...but not impossible.

If you need anything don't hesitate to ask me! Advice or just someone to talk to...just remember, it is not about him anymore. Be thankful you didn't marry this guy, you shouldn't even have to put him on the birth certificate-which will make it harder if he ever does want in her life. Remember that your baby is a blessing, and that even though it didn't work out with your ex, she will be the golden lining that will get you through this. Not everyone has the strength to go through this being alone. But my momma told me, early on 'you are a strong woman, you've never really needed a man in your life, and you don't need him now. You will be a fantastic mother and you do have the strength to pull through this.' and a more...abrasive piece of advice she said when I was screaming at her that I wanted an epi and was to far dialated for one. 'You got yourself into this mess, you are a strong woman, and you will deal with this. You wanted to be a mother now be a mother.'

xD ...momma is kind of a hardass...that first piece wasn't really much her normal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff