Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

CatastrophicRainbow
Sammiifayse
CatastrophicRainbow
All you new mamas

Did you have a birth plan in place before your little one was born or did you just kind of wing it?

I had a birth plan. It was written to the letter at 36wks. Fortunately, we followed it to the letter too.
That said, it was done like that more for my psychological well being rather than anything else.
Yeah that is pretty much why I will be writing mine in a few weeks. I am alittle panicky when it comes to the subject of birth and delivery.

Yeah, all I can say is don't get too hung up on it, things happen and you may not be able to stick to the plan.
I know in my last weeks I was tossed back and forth about having a Caesarian. It made everything very difficult.

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Clambake 200
Sammiifayse
CatastrophicRainbow
Sammiifayse
CatastrophicRainbow
All you new mamas

Did you have a birth plan in place before your little one was born or did you just kind of wing it?

I had a birth plan. It was written to the letter at 36wks. Fortunately, we followed it to the letter too.
That said, it was done like that more for my psychological well being rather than anything else.
Yeah that is pretty much why I will be writing mine in a few weeks. I am alittle panicky when it comes to the subject of birth and delivery.

Yeah, all I can say is don't get too hung up on it, things happen and you may not be able to stick to the plan.
I know in my last weeks I was tossed back and forth about having a Caesarian. It made everything very difficult.
Did you end up having a Caesarian? That is another thing. None of the women in my family since my great grandma have had natural birth. My mom was an emergency birth to my grandma. All my mom's kids were emergency Caesarians. I am really worried that it will happen to me. I really want to TRY and give birth naturally but what happened with my mom and my grandma worries me. They both dilated to around a 6 and then started to revert. My mom was down to about a 2 when they finally decided to do a Caesarian with me. Same thing with my grandma. I over think things way to much though and maybe there will be nothing to worry about and it will just be a normal birth.

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
CatastrophicRainbow
All you new mamas

I didn't, I knew if I had one and it didn't go the way I wanted it too I would have panicked about it so I decided to wing it.
CatastrophicRainbow
Sammiifayse
CatastrophicRainbow
Sammiifayse
CatastrophicRainbow
All you new mamas

Did you end up having a Caesarian? That is another thing. None of the women in my family since my great grandma have had natural birth. My mom was an emergency birth to my grandma. All my mom's kids were emergency Caesarians. I am really worried that it will happen to me. I really want to TRY and give birth naturally but what happened with my mom and my grandma worries me. They both dilated to around a 6 and then started to revert. My mom was down to about a 2 when they finally decided to do a Caesarian with me. Same thing with my grandma. I over think things way to much though and maybe there will be nothing to worry about and it will just be a normal birth.

I had a natural birth, I wanted to have a caeser but I wasn't allowed to have an elective one. I got an infection later in the pregnancy and they were yoyo-ing me back and forth over whether or not I would be having one. It really messed with my head.

Feral Kitten

CatastrophicRainbow
All you new mamas

Not really, all we discussed was a C-section is to be the last thing. Other than that, I'm going to go with the flow.
Oh Emmett is getting an attitude on him. I put him down for a second so I could fix the cushion on the lounge so it was more comfortable and said I'd pick him up again. He went from being quiet and happy to screaming his lungs out and throwing his dummy at me! It's not the first time he's thrown it at me either. When he's not getting what he wants he'll throw it at whomever isn't giving him what he wants and then crack the biggest sad attack ever.

Heroic Mage

My poor ribs. emotion_8c

This kid's giving them quite a beating tonight. I've never had his kicks hurt before.
Diet Poison
My poor ribs. emotion_8c

This kid's giving them quite a beating tonight. I've never had his kicks hurt before.

Emmett's almost always hurt. He used to kick so hard I would have bruises all up one side. Yeah, he managed to cause exterior bruising.

Heroic Mage

My son hasn't managed it before tonight, so it came as a surprise, and I think my swearing concerned Yoshi. xd
Diet Poison
My son hasn't managed it before tonight, so it came as a surprise, and I think my swearing concerned Yoshi. xd

Yeah, it's always a shock the first time it hurts.

Blue_666's Kouhai

Invisible Vampire

14,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
Joseph was very active last night-and it hurt quite a bit to have him up in my ribs as some part of him still is. I wish there was a way to get him the heck out of there xD It would be so much more bearable if he were not so active.

Heroic Mage

It's nice when babies are so active...but mine at least seems to choose the worst times.

He's always super active at night, especially when I try to sleep.

Not to mention, I don't so much appreciate his big feet slamming into my ribs.

@____@ About three months left.

Feral Kitten

My HG has kicked back up, so I spent most of the night throwing up and my mom is now on call for the "I need to go to the ER" call. Little miss isn't to happy about it..

Blue_666's Kouhai

Invisible Vampire

14,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
I got to my appointment 45 minutes early xD I couldn't remember if it was 9 or 930...well it was 945 xD but they got me in really quick.

Doctor, again is very happy. Said the mucus is normal, and that he feels like he's head down! Which is no longer likely to change because he's big. He said that joey may have dropped already, that the only way we'd be able to tell is with an examination, but that being head down is very good, especially right now when he's growing so fast that he soon won't have much room at all. But his measuring right on and heart rate is steady.

I get to hear his heart again the day after christmas! And then the day before my baby shower before I start going every week.

Shameless Consumer

CatastrophicRainbow
All you new mamas

I wanted to have a birth plan, but I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone aside from the things that are easy to follow if there's no emergency complications, like wanting to not be offered drugs unless they think it'll prevent a c-section, wanting immediate skin-to-skin contact or nursing, or putting your wishes for formula/pacifiers on there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff