Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
So today has just bee wonderful, my dad came home and watched the boys while I took a nap =).
It was amazing, and I felt incredible after!

Now I'm getting ready to go see a movie with my Ashy. He has been so good these past few days.. so we're going to see The Avengers with a big fat popcorn. heart

He is excited, he was playing on his little castle outside naming them all off and shooting his little water gun. pirate

Friendly Wench

Emergency Candle
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
Emergency Candle

Yeah, I think that I would have given up to, that's too much heartbreak. And just because your' chances are higher, does not mean that it's a definite. Much stranger things have happened. Ouch....I thought that you said you were going to be getting insurance soon?
its only temporary.. for when you're pregnant. it expires when you're not pregnant. and im not.. so they wont even finish registering me for it. so any medical places i go to after my free gyno pass, will cost ME full price.

.....Oh... well there is always the free clinic? That's where I went when I first found out I was pregnant, and they didn't charge me anything.
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
Emergency Candle
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
Emergency Candle

Yeah, I think that I would have given up to, that's too much heartbreak. And just because your' chances are higher, does not mean that it's a definite. Much stranger things have happened. Ouch....I thought that you said you were going to be getting insurance soon?
its only temporary.. for when you're pregnant. it expires when you're not pregnant. and im not.. so they wont even finish registering me for it. so any medical places i go to after my free gyno pass, will cost ME full price.

.....Oh... well there is always the free clinic? That's where I went when I first found out I was pregnant, and they didn't charge me anything.
there must be one around here somewhere... i'll have to look for it

Shameless Consumer

Emergency Candle
i dont think i'd have the heart or sanity to have 9 m/c's... my mom had 3. thats bad enough. of course even ONE is bad enough.

well.. i said i was doomed to fail because i have hypo thyroidism. that doubles my chances of m/c. im going to scrape pennies after i get over this, go to the doc and get on regular thyroid med. it'll all have to come from my pocket cuz i dont have insurance. so i'll have to save at least $150 before the visit.

If you're not on regular meds for your thyroid, I really recommend it before you start TTC. I have hypothyroidism also, and I didn't start any meds until I was pregnant. We went through a pretty stressful time for a while thinking that I was going to need surgery about halfway through my pregnancy to take my thyroid out so that it wouldn't damage the babies. Being pregnant wreaks absolute havoc on your thyroid, and your thyroid actually plays a really big role in developing a fetus, which is why your chance of miscarriage is higher.

Even with hypothyroidism that didn't get completely under control until about halfway, I was still able to carry two perfectly healthy baby girls that don't show any signs of having thyroid problems. So it's possible!

Cunning Fox

33,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Bookworm 100
So big update from me. I had my daughter August 13 at 11:11am. She was born c section and at 29 weeks due to me having preeclampsia. We've been up in the NICU but she is doing amazing. Such a proud Mommy.
Shima Shinji
Emergency Candle
i dont think i'd have the heart or sanity to have 9 m/c's... my mom had 3. thats bad enough. of course even ONE is bad enough.

well.. i said i was doomed to fail because i have hypo thyroidism. that doubles my chances of m/c. im going to scrape pennies after i get over this, go to the doc and get on regular thyroid med. it'll all have to come from my pocket cuz i dont have insurance. so i'll have to save at least $150 before the visit.

If you're not on regular meds for your thyroid, I really recommend it before you start TTC. I have hypothyroidism also, and I didn't start any meds until I was pregnant. We went through a pretty stressful time for a while thinking that I was going to need surgery about halfway through my pregnancy to take my thyroid out so that it wouldn't damage the babies. Being pregnant wreaks absolute havoc on your thyroid, and your thyroid actually plays a really big role in developing a fetus, which is why your chance of miscarriage is higher.

Even with hypothyroidism that didn't get completely under control until about halfway, I was still able to carry two perfectly healthy baby girls that don't show any signs of having thyroid problems. So it's possible!

thats good to know it fixes things once you're on it.
Emergency: You should definitely get some insurance before you get pregnant again. Having the pre-existing thyroid condition will make you a high risk pregnancy and you'll need to be seen ASAP and often. Not to mention you need to get the thyroid condition under control before you get pregnant so you get a better chance of having a healthy pregnancy.

Rachel: I'm so glad you could get a break! Enjoy the movie. smile

kitsunenochi017: Congrats on the baby girl! I hope she has a short stay in the NICU! ^_^

I'm in my fertile window. It's killing me that I can't try again right now... I really feel like another pregnancy would help me get over my miscarriage... but we can't try again for a while now. It's just heart breaking. crying

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
Shima Shinji
Naterbee
Blargh, keeping getting sharp pains down my stomach and it's making me feel nauseas.
Did any of you experience that at all during your pregnancies?
The pain doesn't bother me to be honest, it's not that persistent or painful, it's the nausea that bothers me.

It just sounds like normal aches and pains from being late in your pregnancy. heart They could be Braxton Hicks contractions, maybe? If there's no rhythm to them, then it could be. There are just so many different pains that happen when you're getting close, chances are that your OB will say that if you're not leaking or bleeding and the baby's still moving regularly, you're fine. And if they're not regular, they're also probably not real contractions.

But by all means, call your OB if you're still worried or feel something is wrong! That's what they're there for!

The pain doesn't bother me, it wasn't bad, I just didn't like the nausea.
I'm just hoping it's pregnancy and not my body saying "You have a vomiting bug!"
I don't think I could deal with that right now.
B[

@kitsunenochi017, Congratulations! I'm glad she's doing well, my niece was induced because my sister had the first stages of pre-eclampsia and my niece was all bones and unhealthy looking. Poor little thing was badly dehydrated and you could see her hip bones when you changed her nappy, I hope your little one came out better then that.

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
kitsunenochi017
So big update from me. I had my daughter August 13 at 11:11am. She was born c section and at 29 weeks due to me having preeclampsia. We've been up in the NICU but she is doing amazing. Such a proud Mommy.

wow, I hope everything goes well and she grows up big and strong!
I was born at 24 weeks due to the same thing, I only weight a little over 2 lbs and it was a month before my mom was allowed to touch me because my blood pressure would skyrocket with physical stimulation.

I really hope all goes well, stay strong. <3

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Sae Insanity
kitsunenochi017

I was born at 24 weeks due to the same thing, I only weight a little over 2 lbs and it was a month before my mom was allowed to touch me because my blood pressure would skyrocket with physical stimulation.

holy moly. 24 weeks? gonk

I was born at 32 weeks due to my biological mother having acute fatty liver of pregnancy.

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
Pandella
Sae Insanity
kitsunenochi017

I was born at 32 weeks due to my biological mother having acute fatty liver of pregnancy.

Yeah, I know. that's not even a month more than what I am pregnant right now, i couldn't imagine! It was either that or we would have both died, her blood pressure was so high that it maxed out the blood pressure machine, so it was probably higher than what it could read. i had a lot of issues, my intestines ruptured, my brain was bleeding, but somehow here i am.
it's amazing what they can do with medicine.

what exactly is that?
when is it technically safe to deliver a baby and have it hve good odds of survival?

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Okay so.. we had a blast at the movies. Ashy walked around the theater and ate his popcorn and played on the seats and rows until the movie started.
He cuddled me for most of it, and the first Hulk sceen yelled
" HULK SMASH! "
To which the other movie goers got a kick out of. He loves his super heroes!

HOWEVER.
Travis + formula = no go. He only ate a little my dad said.. so when I got home my poor baby was completely starving.. he slurped down every last drop in my boobs and then was all happy.
I feel terrible.. but he is fine now and sleeping.

I had a good time with Ashy though, even though he cried when the movie was over =(

catch 22 right now.. ugh.

Also, captcha.. " Buy A Toyota" ... o_O subtle much?

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Sae Insanity
Pandella
Sae Insanity
kitsunenochi017

Yeah, I know. that's not even a month more than what I am pregnant right now, i couldn't imagine! It was either that or we would have both died, her blood pressure was so high that it maxed out the blood pressure machine, so it was probably higher than what it could read. i had a lot of issues, my intestines ruptured, my brain was bleeding, but somehow here i am.
it's amazing what they can do with medicine.

what exactly is that?
when is it technically safe to deliver a baby and have it hve good odds of survival?

Wow, thats amazing. I can't believe it!

Acute fatty liver of pregnancy is a 3rd trimester disease. Its basically when your liver enzymes
escalate really high and it basically begins to shut down every organ in your body. They say
your baby at that point is basically poisoning you and the only chance of surviving is
delivering the baby; other wise both mother and baby have a chance of dying. So once it
starts happening they deliver the baby ASAP. They don't know much about it; but they speculate
many reasons as to why it happens.

Its scary because the symptoms at first are like..flu-like symptoms and lack of appetite.

With my biological mother they didn't know that that is what she had with me so they waited
until I was about 32 weeks when my lungs were fully developed and made her go through
a vaginal birth with me. They were afraid she would bleed to death from a c-section because
her platelletes were extremely low. She still bled tons.

After they got me out though; things went teri-bad. She puffed up real bad and she had
jaundice real bad. She bled from everything; eyes, ears, nose, mouth, finger nails..it was
gruesome I hear.

She passed a week after giving birth to me.

I was perfectly fine though; just tiny and they put me in NICU.

They SAY risk of survival for baby is best at 28 weeks. I read that, but it could be
different.

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Clambake 200
I took my first belly picture today! I don't think I look pregnant but my family thinks I do so that is okay

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Emergency Candle

I believe that's one of the things that my friend has. She had a miscarriage, but her second pregnancy just celebrated their 2nd birthday this year. It's definitely rougher; but I don't think she was able to take medicine because she was uninsured.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff