Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Stretch marks- If you're going to get them, you're going to get them. Stretch marks are all about how your skin reacts to stretching. If your skin is naturally very, very stretchy then you may skip them. If it's not, then you will. If your skin marks or scars easily, then you'll get them. My skin marks really easily and I got a ton of marks right at the end of my pregnancy when he started dropping and when I started swelling like mad. How young and healthy you are have no effect. And I gained 50 pounds in my pregnancy and I ate well and continued my regular level of activity. By the time he was a week old I had lost 20 pounds without trying, and I've lost 5 or 6 more since he was born with breastfeeding and light exercise. I already look much, much like my old self and my stretch marks are going from purple to pink. They'll likely be silver by next month. They just happen. They aren't THAT bad and they'll fade eventually.

Parenting advice- Parenting gives you a backbone. You have to be able to tell people to ******** off and remain confident in your own opinions on things. I try to parent the way I have lived my life- to take in what I see, evaluate the options, and do what's right for me. For example, Dexter has used a pacifier since he was 3 days old, I pump already, and he's had a few bottles of pumped breast milk so I could have more than 1 or 2 drinks and so I could go out with my husband a time or 2. A lot of people would think I was a terrible, awful person for that but ******** them. My son is happy and healthy, and we are happy and healthy. If you can't stand firm in your decisions you'll turn into a nervous wreck. And trying to parent your child, that you know in the situation that YOU live in the way some outsider tells you too will make you ******** nuts as you can't really use a shotgun approach to parenting. Every child, parent, and family dynamic is different. What works for one person will not work for another. JUst take the ideas with a grain of salt and let the ones that don't work for you go.

Amnios- I didn't get one, or a CVS and I opted for all non-invasive genetic testing as I wanted to know if there was something wrong because even though it's not a popular opinion I WOULD have chose abortion for a severely disabled child that would have died after birth or required massive, massive amounts of medical care to live, and live with a very poor quality of life. I would never tell a woman that she should or should have had an abortion, but that is what is right for me. I may have had an amnio if the other tests identified any issues, but they didn't and if you have no risk factors and the prelim tests show NOTHING then to me an invasive test is an unnecessary risk to take.

Dexter is smiling and singing to me every day now. smile

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Oh, all these pictures and stories I've been seeing/hearnig of little ones smiling and
talking to the mums really wishes my little Mia was here already!

Daddy told me today he is excited to be a daddy ; )
after a big to-do with he and I of course, lol. He was trying to be sweet to ease the tension.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Sindrellia

Have you tried co-sleeping, or I used to nurse him in the rocking chair propped up on pillows and I always had a death grip around him, even while sleeping and Id nurse him and rest while listening to soft music, I cant sleep unless its completely quiet but the rest is nice.

The problem isn't really him.. he wakes up 2-3 times a night. So I could easily get 8-9 hours of sleep. The problem is my insomnia and my difficulty to fall asleep.
It takes me at least 20 minutes to fall asleep no matter how tired I am. crying

And he does cosleep with me if I need him to sleep longer.. I make him a little safe spot on my bed and I sleep next-ish to him.
There he is <3

He sleeps a minimum of an hour longer if he is in bed with me.. It must be warmer and more "friendly" mommy smelling. 4laugh

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Mightelove

Yes you can. I do it all the time. o.O I did it just last night for doodlebug. He had a Tbsp of cereal mixed with two Tbsp of breastmilk.

I wouldn't suggest mentioning a bottle in the same post as cereal, though. I've seen rabid dogs attack a wounded animal with less vigor than what some of these ladies will do to someone that suggests cereal in a bottle. >.<

I assume then that you mixed it up in a bowl or something and fed him?
Travis hasn't been introduced to a spoon yet. 4laugh
I plan to try and wait to 4 months like I did with Ashy.

And I've NEVER seen people freak over bottles and cereal o_O what tha?
I guess with EVERYTHING to do with parenting and babies somebody flips a s**t..

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Satil

Dexter is smiling and singing to me every day now. smile

Hooray for smiles!!! Travis is a big happy smiling baby.. Ashy wasn't much of a smiler... rolleyes
I was blowing raspberries on Travis with Ash today.. and we got some real happy giggles from him.
It just stops your heart sometimes they are so cute. redface

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
mightelove

Okay, maybe I'm retarded, but... cereal in a bottle? How would that even work? Wouldn't the pieces be too big to go through the n****e? Is a baby that age even capable of swallowing non-liquids? (Cuz ur baby is... younger than mine?) My doctors keep saying "Don't give the baby ANYTHING but milk - not even water!" - is this inaccurate? What kind of cereal would you get, cuz I thought all baby cereal was for older babies?

>.<

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kitakiy
mightelove

Okay, maybe I'm retarded, but... cereal in a bottle? How would that even work? Wouldn't the pieces be too big to go through the n****e? Is a baby that age even capable of swallowing non-liquids? (Cuz ur baby is... younger than mine?) My doctors keep saying "Don't give the baby ANYTHING but milk - not even water!" - is this inaccurate? What kind of cereal would you get, cuz I thought all baby cereal was for older babies?

>.<

I was told that it's unhealthy to give a baby water. Which is why when using formula, it's very important to read the directions so baby has enough to eat and isn't underfed.

As for cereal in a bottle, I know my cousin did that for her boys.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
SlightlyBurntCupcake
Sindrellia

Have you tried co-sleeping, or I used to nurse him in the rocking chair propped up on pillows and I always had a death grip around him, even while sleeping and Id nurse him and rest while listening to soft music, I cant sleep unless its completely quiet but the rest is nice.

The problem isn't really him.. he wakes up 2-3 times a night. So I could easily get 8-9 hours of sleep. The problem is my insomnia and my difficulty to fall asleep.
It takes me at least 20 minutes to fall asleep no matter how tired I am. crying

And he does cosleep with me if I need him to sleep longer.. I make him a little safe spot on my bed and I sleep next-ish to him.
There he is <3

He sleeps a minimum of an hour longer if he is in bed with me.. It must be warmer and more "friendly" mommy smelling. 4laugh

Luna does this too.. I worry it's going to create some bad habits for her, but she really does sleep longer when I snuggle her. She'll randomly wake up fussing and I'll put the pacifier back in her mouth and then about the fourth time I'll just pick her up and snuggle her and she'll pass right back out. I feel bad because part of me worries that I'm going to give her a hungry-tummyache but in reality, she makes sure to let me KNOW when she needs to eat.

Parenting
Satil-Luna has also been on a pacifier from day two, but really any breastfeeding problems are because of my n****e and because of positioning, NOT because of the pacifier. And she eats well every time, proper position or not *OUCH*
And yea. I'm going to follow my insticts. And what other people say are going to come second. Depending on the 'advice'.

3,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Digital Fiend
Kitakiy
mightelove

>.<

I was told that it's unhealthy to give a baby water. Which is why when using formula, it's very important to read the directions so baby has enough to eat and isn't underfed.

As for cereal in a bottle, I know my cousin did that for her boys.

They make a formula with cereal premixed in it its to help babies who spit up too much or too often. Its by enfamil.

3,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
hello everyone! Im 6 months 3 days now, with what they think is a girl (I never belive until the baby gets here). This will be my 2nd child but first for my mate so its pretty exciting.
I was wondering how many moms and dads take home the baby without officially naming the child for either lack of name choice, or to make sure the names chosen fits the baby?

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
The Mistress K
hello everyone! Im 6 months 3 days now, with what they think is a girl (I never belive until the baby gets here). This will be my 2nd child but first for my mate so its pretty exciting.
I was wondering how many moms and dads take home the baby without officially naming the child for either lack of name choice, or to make sure the names chosen fits the baby?

We had Luna's name picked out before I even got pregnant (not that the pregnancy was planned lol - just a random convo that ended up being kinda serious haha) but we had issues deciding on the middle name.
I was thinking about waiting to decide for sure on the name until she was born, but the name stuck ever since Cody and I agreed on it, and then everyone else starting calling my belly Luna....

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Is it weird for a baby to hold all her poo in for two days only to let it ALL out at once? She's done this twice.... big splody diapers.... blech

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
You guys are probably sick of me haha.

My fiance's aunt sprayed Raid max all over the place today.
And she just went crazy with it about an hour ago, I can't even go upstairs without choking, I won't even breath, that's how strongly she sprayed it, and she even sprayed it into the air vents!

I have on way to open the windows in my bedroom which is downstairs, but I'm reallyw orried about thsi...

can this harm my baby at all? She knows I'm pregnant and I'm thinking abotu stepping outside for some fresh air... ugh
Kitakiy
Is it weird for a baby to hold all her poo in for two days only to let it ALL out at once? She's done this twice.... big splody diapers.... blech

It's super common for breastfed babies to only poop every few days, or even once a week. As long as she's not constipated (hard stool that she has trouble passing) it's totally normal. Dexter is already down to pooping only 3-5 times a day (and always a massive amount) from 12-15 times a day for the first 3 weeks. Breast milk is so completely digested that once their digestive tract starts to mature and run more efficiently it leave very little left over for solid waste, thus decreasing the amount of times the baby needs to poop. Their little colons also start to hold more before the "poop now" trigger gets pulled.
Sae Insanity
You guys are probably sick of me haha.

My fiance's aunt sprayed Raid max all over the place today.
And she just went crazy with it about an hour ago, I can't even go upstairs without choking, I won't even breath, that's how strongly she sprayed it, and she even sprayed it into the air vents!

I have on way to open the windows in my bedroom which is downstairs, but I'm reallyw orried about thsi...

can this harm my baby at all? She knows I'm pregnant and I'm thinking abotu stepping outside for some fresh air... ugh

I'd get out of there until it dissipates personally, and wash your hands frequently over the next few days. Pesticides were one of the things I actively avoided being around, and I'm wasn't overly cautious while pregnant. A patient carried fleas into my office at work and after they sprayed I refused to go in it for the rest of the day and made them give me a fan to help air out the fumes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff