Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Have you checked Amazon? That's where I found Dexter's owl bedding. There's a ton of owl stuff for girls it seems. Not so much for boys. I found the perfect bedding set on Amazon!

Hot flashes SUCK. They're always accompanied by nausea for me. They're caused by one part hormones and one part speeded up metabolism and extra blood volume. I'll be fine one minute and just pouring sweat the next,

My baby shower was incredible! We got so many cute and awesome things! I even got a gift certificate for a prenatal massage! Looking forward to cashing in that baby soon. Even though it was awesome I am WIPED and SO SORE. We really need little else for him to arrive. My sister in law got us a stroller and she's giving us my nephew's old bucket seat (he just switched to a convertible carseat) and since it's the same brand it'll snap right into the stroller as a travel system!

Clean Raider

Satil
Have you checked Amazon? That's where I found Dexter's owl bedding. There's a ton of owl stuff for girls it seems. Not so much for boys. I found the perfect bedding set on Amazon!

Hot flashes SUCK. They're always accompanied by nausea for me. They're caused by one part hormones and one part speeded up metabolism and extra blood volume. I'll be fine one minute and just pouring sweat the next,

My baby shower was incredible! We got so many cute and awesome things! I even got a gift certificate for a prenatal massage! Looking forward to cashing in that baby soon. Even though it was awesome I am WIPED and SO SORE. We really need little else for him to arrive. My sister in law got us a stroller and she's giving us my nephew's old bucket seat (he just switched to a convertible carseat) and since it's the same brand it'll snap right into the stroller as a travel system!

I have, the only thing that I've found are dragon fly ones usually made of of silk. That's somethign I don't want Ian using for bedding. confused

Congrates on the good baby shower! Prenatal massage sounds like an amazing treat. I'm jealous. Lol. Haha. Awesome gain on the stroller and carseat. They add up so fast!
Boo. sad You still have a while to look! There will be a season switch soon, so a lot of new prints will come out. All of Dexter's bedding is cotton, so I completely understand not wanting silk. Who the hell makes baby bedding out of silk? It's bound to need to be washed regularly.

Thanks! One of our friends threw it for us and they make quite a bit of money a year. Like 200k. We've known them for years, back when they were young and struggling to get off the ground like we are now. Well, we're not "struggling", but we're not banking massive amounts either. She totally went overboard (in a good way) and spent what had to be close to 1k on our shower and gifts. The woman made me a blanket cake out of Skip Hop blankets, and decorated with Skip Hop toys. For us to keep. And then bought me the massage, a walker, a fancy mobile, and several smaller items. She hand made all of the decorations, which were beautiful, and bought or made all of the food herself. I felt ridiculously humbled and spoiled. It was nice and after I gushed about it she and her husband were really sappy about how much we meant to them as friends and how it's a special thing to keep a friend through your darkest times and your best, and they were happy to make our day special for us. It was really just an awesome, awesome day in general.

And I told my sister in law 500 times not to buy us that stroller because it was expensive too! She wanted to buy the whole travel system for us but I put my foot down and said no. So she came up with giving us her old carseat!

Clean Raider

Right?! Not to mention he'll be born in summer and it gets humid here. Who makes any baby bedding out of silk at any time is ridiculous.

smile Sounds like a good time, and a wonderful friend. Well friends* =] So happy for you!! Made me a bit teary eyed. I wish someone would throw me a baby shower. I really hate Ohio, it makes me feel lonely. All my family is on the West coast.

Lol.
I can't imagine making baby anything out of silk except maybe some texture toys.

It was a wonderful time. I felt very loved today. I'm sorry you're stuck away from your family. sad My family kind of sucks to be honest. I mean, they love me in their own way, but my Mom has Bipolar disorder and can be difficult to deal with, and my Dad is kind of bitter from dealing with her for years. And my younger brother is a drug addict and all around crappy person. My Mom is throwing me a shower in a couple of weeks for family members, but I'm kind of dreading it because her family is ******** INSANE and I know I'm going to get a lot of nasty backhanded comments while we're there. But she wants to do one so I will go.

I got teary eyed a few times. Sometimes I get really down and think I don't have a lot of real friends or people that care about me, due to my Mom and growing up with her, but today made me realize how much people really care about us and it just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Satil: Prenatal Massage gift certificate… someone really loves you. That's awesome. I'm so glad you had a good shower.

Zlhna: I hated the hot/cold flashes.. I cried most of those nights. Baths worked for me.. and lots of ice to suck on. I would blast the AC and cover myself with 5 blankets when the cold flashes started. I hope you find your perfect method soon.
--
it's about 3:50 in the morning here in the hospital. Kairi is napping on my chest. Had to pick her up cuz she sounded like she was choking.. she ended up having the loudest burp and went back to sleep. I'm letting her stay there for a big while i type.. gonna put her back in her bed so I don't fall asleep with her in my arms again.

She had swallowed lots of amniotic fluid during the birth and spent the whole day yesterday spitting up bloody mess. We waited all day for her to give us a good poop so we could test it to make sure that's what she was digesting. But she is doing great.

I am still healing. Tender, sore, and still tired but better than before. I'm getting all sorts of fun with the vaccinations I needed. (hate needles) Apparently Whooping cough is running around California. No fun.

Just as a random note: Vaginal birth was not as bad as I thought it would be. It just felt like I needed to take a massive crap. Such a weird sensation. sweatdrop

Adorable Fatcat

I say this with all honesty...

I hate breastfeeding. I don' like anything about it.
The only reason I do it is because it is what is best, but I really will not miss it once I can stop. mad

Adorable Fatcat

ZellyKat
Satil: Prenatal Massage gift certificate… someone really loves you. That's awesome. I'm so glad you had a good shower.

Zlhna: I hated the hot/cold flashes.. I cried most of those nights. Baths worked for me.. and lots of ice to suck on. I would blast the AC and cover myself with 5 blankets when the cold flashes started. I hope you find your perfect method soon.
--
it's about 3:50 in the morning here in the hospital. Kairi is napping on my chest. Had to pick her up cuz she sounded like she was choking.. she ended up having the loudest burp and went back to sleep. I'm letting her stay there for a big while i type.. gonna put her back in her bed so I don't fall asleep with her in my arms again.

She had swallowed lots of amniotic fluid during the birth and spent the whole day yesterday spitting up bloody mess. We waited all day for her to give us a good poop so we could test it to make sure that's what she was digesting. But she is doing great.

I am still healing. Tender, sore, and still tired but better than before. I'm getting all sorts of fun with the vaccinations I needed. (hate needles) Apparently Whooping cough is running around California. No fun.

Just as a random note: Vaginal birth was not as bad as I thought it would be. It just felt like I needed to take a massive crap. Such a weird sensation. sweatdrop

Bah, I doubt whooping cough is running that rampant. It is all the rage to pressure the mom into getting a tdap these days. They harrassed me about it ubtil I caved the final day and told them to give it to me just so they would leave me the hell alone. I really didn't need one. I have been vaccinated for it since I became an adult. Bastards.

You will be tired for quite awhile, lol. Glad everything went ok.

Shirtless Informer

Yaaay!! Congrats Zelly!! 4laugh heart
Mightelove
I say this with all honesty...

I hate breastfeeding. I don like anything about it.
The only reason I do it is because it is what is best, but I really will not miss it once I can stop. mad

Same here.  

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
ZellyKat

--

I'm not sure if I would consider what I'm having to be hot flashes... It's possible, it just seems that whenever I go to sleep I wake up sweating unless it's very cold in the room. Last night I had the window open and it got down to like... 50 degrees? Maybe less - and I didn't get under the covers until about seven this morning, and I wasn't even all that cold - I just wanted to snuggle ^_^

I got two free massage certificates because I delivered to the massage school over here and the student didn't leave me a tip - but when I got the certificates I figured I'd just be too freaked out to get a massage (random person rubbing me all over... IDK) so I gave them away to a girl at work. Lately I've been so sore though that I seriously regret it.... I think I might be able to tolerate it a bit more XD Oh well...

Zelly- Lol on the burp. How is being a mommy? Is it common for babies to swallow amniotic fluid? I'd be totally freaked out if my baby was spitting up bloody stuff... I mean I know there's a reasonable and not so scary explaination - like she not bleeding internally... but I'd still be like scream
I'm glad she's doing well ^_^
I don't like vaccinations... I hope they don't try to make me get any because I just know that if I'm presented with it, I'll cave... but my immune system is all kind of effed up which would be why I haven't gotten certain ones in the first place...

It's really great to hear that vaginal birth isn't all that bad. I just know that I'm going to freak out when I go into labor and beg them to not make me do it sweatdrop I've already started to worry about it a little too much...
I'm glad you're doing so well!

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Lately I've been really worrying, and last night it took me over an hour to get to sleep because I was just thinking about everything that had to do with labor and delivery... even as far as who my brother could bring with him XD
I worry about whether or not I'll know that I'm going into labor, or what I would do if I'm home alone, or what I would do if I was at work, or how completely embarrassed 'd be if my water DID break at work, and wondering WHEN it was going to happen, and trying to decide if I'd rather it happen sooner than later, and what if I don't realize I'm going into labor and I have the baby in the car because I realized it too late? I also worry about whether or not my body will know when it's time to go into labor and if it will just forget and I'll get to 42 weeks and have to be induced because my body is retarded - after all, it didn't recognize my miscarriage and I worry that that could be a sign that my uterus is broken or whatever...
I worry about that chances of my ex showing up and making a scene and whether it's necessary for me to put him on the 'do not allow in the hospital' list or if that would just be me being paranoid.
OMG my frickin leg just fell asleep gonk

Anywho... doing things and moving around is getting a little bit harder... and so is sleeping... doesn't help that when Cody decides to 'snuggle' he throws his big a** leg over me and then jabs his elbow either into my back or into the back of my head. I can't stretch the way I used to be able to so I end up nearly falling off the bed, then pushing him away or trying to move his arm or leg or whichever limb is hurting me the most and he just gets grumpy and complains and rolls to the other side of the bed.... so no more snuggles! crying As if I don't have a hard time getting enough sleep already...

Shirtless Informer

I'm mostly worried about someone ruining our announcement plans. Like, I plan to have the baby but not tell anyone for the first 48 hours. The only people who will know I'm even in labor are the people who need to get to our house and be my birth support team. I also worry my crazy a** family (mostly mother) will catch wind of the baby being born and try to drive down here.

I am pretty excited though because hubby's work changed their paternity leave policy. Instead of 1 week he now has 2!! This means that 2 weeks of PL and then the 2 weeks of vacation he was going tot ake off add up to the whole first month being awesome. I'm so excited and happy to think that for the first 4 weeks it'll be hubby, and Lilith, and myself doing our thing as a new family. Everyone else can just wait until week 7 to see her. We're happy to be baby hogs. Haha.

Kawaii Demigod

20,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I'm feeling particularly spicy today, kind of a "I have things I want to do today and damn it! No one is going to drag a** on me today!" thing going on for me, anyone have those kinda days?

Shameless Consumer

Kitakiy
Zelly- Lol on the burp. How is being a mommy? Is it common for babies to swallow amniotic fluid? I'd be totally freaked out if my baby was spitting up bloody stuff... I mean I know there's a reasonable and not so scary explaination - like she not bleeding internally... but I'd still be like scream
I'm glad she's doing well ^_^
I don't like vaccinations... I hope they don't try to make me get any because I just know that if I'm presented with it, I'll cave... but my immune system is all kind of effed up which would be why I haven't gotten certain ones in the first place...

It's really great to hear that vaginal birth isn't all that bad. I just know that I'm going to freak out when I go into labor and beg them to not make me do it sweatdrop I've already started to worry about it a little too much...
I'm glad you're doing so well!

I think it's reasonably common, it happened to Stephanie. She was spitting up bloody goo when I first saw her.

I mean, technically babies are constantly swallowing amniotic fluid, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's really, really common.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff