Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

ZellyKat
Kitakiy

On bathing cats - are you guys INSANE?! That is the ONE thing that I would NEVER get away with with my cats..... Snickers is fascinated with water, but hates to touch it. She was watching the faucet drip after our shower this morning and FREAKED because she accidentally put her tail in a small puddle.
My old cat, Simba (passed on a few years ago) had to be given a bath because his sister, Nala (also gone) had a bad reaction to some flea medication - yea, he literally dug his claws INTO the tub trying to get away. We ended up just chasing him around with a wet washcloth... (she went to the kitty ER)
I wonder if water tolerance is just cat-specific or if it can be trained in? My grandma's cat, Shcroeder, liked to hop in the shower with her, but all of her other cats hate water.
Clipping the claws before always helps. Also, I hold the cats by either their scruff or with my plams pressed agains their faces. If they cant see.. they can't run. It's different for each pet.

It's also easy if you don't wear clothes for them to snag on. Which means you need to clip their nails very well.

What is difficult is doing it while you have this gigantor belly in front of you. Not to mention balance.

Btw... still nothing. Just little back pains this morning and a serious urge to eat breakfast. Waiting game is just no fun anymore but I have another prenatal appointment on friday. hopefully Kairi is doing alright in there. She is more active than before... which hurts... but at least she is still alive and kicking. I am just waiting for that one ninja kick to pop the water for me. sweatdrop
you may still have a couple days to go then hun if she's being really active. my ob always warned that when baby started sleeping really well that late to get ready. they know things are fixing to happen and that they need their energy for it. hope everything goes good at the doc friday and still keeping my fingers crossed for ya.
Here is a question for you guys. Early in the morning my tummy is killing me for food. The hunger pains are so bad that I feel kinda sick. What's up with that? isn't my appetite supposed to slow down or something? I wake up feeling like I haven't eaten in weeks. This is the third morning in a row it's felt like this.
Lil Enslaved Kitten
you may still have a couple days to go then hun if she's being really active. my ob always warned that when baby started sleeping really well that late to get ready. they know things are fixing to happen and that they need their energy for it. hope everything goes good at the doc friday and still keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

Awww, well that's a major bummer. I keep telling my family to stop joking around and saying I am gonna have a May baby. I swear it makes me so mad when they say things like that.
ZellyKat
Lil Enslaved Kitten

Awww, well that's a major bummer. I keep telling my family to stop joking around and saying I am gonna have a May baby. I swear it makes me so mad when they say things like that.
i'd be a lil worried if you went that long eek
both of mine tricked me the slept the whole night before labor without ever waking me up to pee or anything which was really odd i usually got at least one good kick to the bladder at night but the next morning with both my water broke when i got up and started moving around. i know its a pain seeing your EDD come and go but i'm sure she'll be here soon User Image
ZellyKat
Here is a question for you guys. Early in the morning my tummy is killing me for food. The hunger pains are so bad that I feel kinda sick. What's up with that? isn't my appetite supposed to slow down or something? I wake up feeling like I haven't eaten in weeks. This is the third morning in a row it's felt like this.
energy building is the only thing i can think of. my last few days with both of mine i ate like a horse i stayed hungry

Clean Raider

ZellyKat

Btw... still nothing. Just little back pains this morning and a serious urge to eat breakfast. Waiting game is just no fun anymore but I have another prenatal appointment on friday. hopefully Kairi is doing alright in there. She is more active than before... which hurts... but at least she is still alive and kicking. I am just waiting for that one ninja kick to pop the water for me. sweatdrop

Maybe your body is saying that it's time to bulk up on some energy because it's so close and it's almost time to get yoru baby girl out and into the world!

Shirtless Informer

I agree with the energy hoarding theories. 4laugh

Morning sickness- I didn't have any and I hope it stays that way. lol I took a lot of preventative measures though so IDK if I just got lucky, or did something right to keep it in check, or some combo of both. The worst was when I would go in a car and get dizzy and feel sick to my stomach but I never threw up from it but even that was fixed with Seabands and Sunglasses (which even now I wear whenever I'm outside even walking because it makes me feel better).

I suggest ginger in any form you can get it (powdered on food, made into tea, capsules, candied slices or pieces to chew and suck on, etc.) as well as Seabands (little wrist band things with a pressure point button on them that you wear on your wrists. Can be found in most pharmacy places and also online) and try getting extra B6 and Folic Acid (I'm a big fan of this pill to help battle morning sickness as it's small in size and really natural medicine).

Also, I have heard of drinking plenty of water and trying to not allow your stomach to be empty (as in eat small frequent meal and snacks) but I already did both so I'm not sure if that did anything or not. lol sweatdrop
That actually makes sense. I just couldn't figure out why I wanted so much damn food. I don't eat this much normally. Even though I gained a s**t load of weight...

Odd really. I eat normally plus the extra that was requested of me and my teeny tiny short little body somehow managed to have 178 pounds. The nurse was baffled because I don't look like I am that much, in fact she said I looked like I had lost weight. But that was last week. The doctor wasn't worried about it at all, he just thought it was weird. So do I actually. sweatdrop In fact if you look at my pregnancy photos on my profile.. I look the same except my belly is about 3 to 4 inches out farther.

But yeah, back to the energy hoarding. I will just make sure it's small healthy stuff because gods know, I can't afford to gain anymore weight. 3nodding
For all you nauseous women out there, I found a recipe for ginger candy. My sister is pregnant and could not find ginger candies anywhere, so I found this recipe and plan on making some for her. If you make them let me know how they turned out smile

Need:

1 lb. fresh ginger
Water
Approx. 1 lb. sugar
Saucepan
Kitchen scale 
Wax paper
Strainer

Prep:

- wash and slice the ginger, slicing the root thin not paper thin)
- put ginger into saucepan and cover with water
- bring to a boil then simmer 30-40 mins
-its done when the ginger has become more translucent
-drain off the ginger tea and reserve 1/4 cup 
-weigh the ginger then weigh out the same amount of sugar
-put the ginger, sugar and 1/4 cup ginger tea back into the saucepan
-turn stove to medium-high and stir frequently
-the sugar will dissolve, leaving ginger and sugar liquid
-once that starts to simmer turn heat down to medium, stirring frequently
-between stirrings lay sheet of wax paper on the counter
-total stirring time will be about 20 minutes, during which the liquid will reduce and crystalize
-remove from heat once the mixture looks fairly dry
-lay the ginger out on wax paper and let cool
-once cooled store in a covered container in a cool place. Should stay good for a few weeks

MawMawPass

:gasp: Where were you during my first trimester? This is so wonderful.
even though i'm past morning sickness i still love ginger and am so gonna have to try this 4laugh

Clean Raider

confused
I'm starting to get really agitated with people asking me when my due date is all the time when I've already told them repeatedly.
ZellyKat
MawMawPass

:gasp: Where were you during my first trimester? This is so wonderful.

Hoping it works nicely 3nodding  

Kawaii Demigod

20,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I spent the day with my daughters primary godmother and we went alllllll over!
I got a few onesies for Miss Evelyn and myself a dress that looks great now and will look great after pregnancy. 3nodding

I wanted to show you these cute onesies that made me cave. :3

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy50/Azlein_Loves_You/Baby%20Evelyn/55826304.jpg

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy50/Azlein_Loves_You/Baby%20Evelyn/e63c81ef.jpg

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy50/Azlein_Loves_You/Baby%20Evelyn/b6a510a2.jpg

(Sorry, I didn't realize the links didn't work. >.<
Lil Enslaved Kitten
even though im past morning sickness i still love ginger and am so gonna have to try this 4laugh

I already had my baby and I plan on snagging a few when I make them for my sister ninja  

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff