[insert your own thoughts here] 0.24201680672269 24.2% [ 144 ]
Total Votes:[ 595 ]

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Chieftain Twilight
Blackrose_Knight
Chieftain Twilight
Blackrose_Knight
Chieftain Twilight

how do I keep myself from falling apart? this is pathetic!
Spa day! Or any sort of self care you enjoy. Time for some Chieftain time!

heh... yeah, with all the money I have. xd but I do like that idea. smile I think I'm gonna find at least a version of that if I can't afford to go to an actual spa. I do need to unwind and refresh. ^_^

are there any free versions of spa-like activities? maybe I should chill with my more effeminate friends and have a "girls' night out"....
I like taking extra long shower/baths. Sometimes if I am feeling super fancy I bring in some tea and make a tea bath and light some candles. Afterward I dig out all my lotions and potions and pamper myself.

funny thing, I just got out of my 3rd shower today. xd even managed to brush my teeth (scrubbed harder than I have in a year) and shave. I'm still kinda scruffy, though... I need a trim, too...
When I want to pamper myself I change my hair style and do a good self facial.
A change in looks helps change a lot.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Salmenella
Chieftain Twilight
Salmenella
Hi so um..I'm kind of new this this whole non-monogamy bit.
I've been seeing a chick for a few months but we're not in a relationship of sorts. We're basically FWB, which is fine and I'm ok with this. No emotions have really been involved. I like spending time with her and we do go on dates but eh..I wouldn't consider it to be an actual relationship.

However, I just went on a date with another chick today. We have our second date on Tuesday. Difference with this is she's married. I met her husband tonight and he was actually the one to push to her pursue other partners since she mainly only dated girls before dating him and knows she still really wants it. I guess she put it off for a while and finally gave in last year but nothing has come of it. But..we hit it off a lot. I got along with her dog. Her husband and I seem to get along which is obviously important. So I see something happening with this and a bit excited/nervous about it all and what it entails.

So yah..figured I'd spy around here seeing as this is an entirely new world to me.

ooh, the scariest thing in relationships is walking into a new world. xp I basically felt like you do now about Poly, about exclusivity when I entered into that.

I can only say, you have a very big and supportive welcoming committee, here. 3nodding

It's kind of bad. We spent New Years Eve together. Had a life changing experience with some of my friends that night and her and I felt very close and intimate. We thought it was the drugs, but it's almost a week and the feelings are still there. We're moving really fast. We're in a relationship now, even said the *gasp* "L" word! (though from my own experiences I've learned to not hide back on how I'm feeling because you never know if you'll see them again. Live like every moment together is your last)

She joked that it's a good thing she's married or else we'd be Uhalling already like stereotypical lesbians. But..there's truth to it.
So far a poly relationship has saved me from going TOO too fast.

Ironically, I'd warn against fast relationships. they have always been my bane, so I have tried to pace myself. case in point, I moved way too quickly with Star, and now... well, we're not a couple anymore... sweatdrop but I still have a date with her tomorrow that I can't seem to fall asleep for. xp

but I getcha. it's confusing. how do you reconcile accepting how you feel with the risks that come with it being so? my best answer is, just recognize that not letting go of an illusion doesn't make the illusion real.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Salmenella
Chieftain Twilight
Blackrose_Knight
Chieftain Twilight
Blackrose_Knight
Chieftain Twilight

how do I keep myself from falling apart? this is pathetic!
Spa day! Or any sort of self care you enjoy. Time for some Chieftain time!

heh... yeah, with all the money I have. xd but I do like that idea. smile I think I'm gonna find at least a version of that if I can't afford to go to an actual spa. I do need to unwind and refresh. ^_^

are there any free versions of spa-like activities? maybe I should chill with my more effeminate friends and have a "girls' night out"....
I like taking extra long shower/baths. Sometimes if I am feeling super fancy I bring in some tea and make a tea bath and light some candles. Afterward I dig out all my lotions and potions and pamper myself.

funny thing, I just got out of my 3rd shower today. xd even managed to brush my teeth (scrubbed harder than I have in a year) and shave. I'm still kinda scruffy, though... I need a trim, too...
When I want to pamper myself I change my hair style and do a good self facial.
A change in looks helps change a lot.

aye, you gotta point there. I had just reformed my style, though... and now, a new life event has me needing to refresh again. I'm out of ideas! >.<

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Chieftain Twilight
Salmenella
Chieftain Twilight
Salmenella
I've been seeing a chick for a few months but we're not in a relationship of sorts. We're basically FWB, which is fine and I'm ok with this. No emotions have really been involved. I like spending time with her and we do go on dates but eh..I wouldn't consider it to be an actual relationship.

However, I just went on a date with another chick today. We have our second date on Tuesday. Difference with this is she's married. I met her husband tonight and he was actually the one to push to her pursue other partners since she mainly only dated girls before dating him and knows she still really wants it. I guess she put it off for a while and finally gave in last year but nothing has come of it. But..we hit it off a lot. I got along with her dog. Her husband and I seem to get along which is obviously important. So I see something happening with this and a bit excited/nervous about it all and what it entails.

So yah..figured I'd spy around here seeing as this is an entirely new world to me.

ooh, the scariest thing in relationships is walking into a new world. xp I basically felt like you do now about Poly, about exclusivity when I entered into that.

I can only say, you have a very big and supportive welcoming committee, here. 3nodding

It's kind of bad. We spent New Years Eve together. Had a life changing experience with some of my friends that night and her and I felt very close and intimate. We thought it was the drugs, but it's almost a week and the feelings are still there. We're moving really fast. We're in a relationship now, even said the *gasp* "L" word! (though from my own experiences I've learned to not hide back on how I'm feeling because you never know if you'll see them again. Live like every moment together is your last)

She joked that it's a good thing she's married or else we'd be Uhalling already like stereotypical lesbians. But..there's truth to it.

Ironically, I'd warn against fast relationships. they have always been my bane, so I have tried to pace myself. case in point, I moved way too quickly with Star, and now... well, we're not a couple anymore... sweatdrop but I still have a date with her tomorrow that I can't seem to fall asleep for. xp

but I getcha. it's confusing. how do you reconcile accepting how you feel with the risks that come with it being so? my best answer is, just recognize that not letting go of an illusion doesn't make the illusion real.
Normally I am pretty slow and steady and have my head on my shoulders when it comes to new relationships. But with her..I just can't help it. It feels like I've known her for years. You do make a point though.

Part of me thinks it's also a sex haze and I'm all "Ok it will fade away soon" but damn that one has a sex drive! (part of the reason her husband wanted her to get a girlfriend..which also made it worse because I'm the first woman she's been with since meeting her husband)
Well see.

Good luck on your date though!

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Salmenella
Chieftain Twilight
Salmenella
Chieftain Twilight
Salmenella

Normally I am pretty slow and steady and have my head on my shoulders when it comes to new relationships. But with her..I just can't help it. It feels like I've known her for years. You do make a point though.

Part of me thinks it's also a sex haze and I'm all "Ok it will fade away soon" but damn that one has a sex drive! (part of the reason her husband wanted her to get a girlfriend..which also made it worse because I'm the first woman she's been with since meeting her husband)
Well see.

Good luck on your date though!

yeh, I know what you mean. it can be hard to fight the senses sometimes. I just hope it all goes well for you.

and yeh, that's another benefit of Poly. xp sometimes somebody just has a way more active libido than you and they need multiple partners to satisfy it. not everybody has the same sex drive, after all. xd

and thanks. smile now if I can just get some damn sleep! xd

Invisible Explorer

I identify myself as polyamorous. I keep getting involved in monogamous relationships and falling for them. But after a couple years I get fidgety. They haven't done anything wrong, I just feel sort of trapped.

I wish I didn't fall for people so easily. I have to remove myself from someone's company if I'm falling for them too hard.

I don't know what to do. Have any of you been in this situation?

Devoted Pirate

VVhy Naut
I identify myself as polyamorous. I keep getting involved in monogamous relationships and falling for them. But after a couple years I get fidgety. They haven't done anything wrong, I just feel sort of trapped.

I wish I didn't fall for people so easily. I have to remove myself from someone's company if I'm falling for them too hard.

I don't know what to do. Have any of you been in this situation?
I tend to fall for mono people, but I just bite the bullet and ignore them until the feels go away because I cannot be in a relationship with them.

Beloved Genius

9,550 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Since this hasn't been on the front page for awhile, and have seen a couple related threads when I've peeked into Lifestyle Discussion, perhaps time for a little bump.

If anyone remembers me and wants an update, I could type something up.

Devoted Pirate

So, I just started watching Big Love. Its a drama about a polygamist family in Utah. While I get a little weirded out by religious poly set ups (especially unbalanced 1 man multi-women) I am finding the day to do day life of three wives amusing.

Invisible Prophet

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Blackrose_Knight
So, I just started watching Big Love. Its a drama about a polygamist family in Utah. While I get a little weirded out by religious poly set ups (especially unbalanced 1 man multi-women) I am finding the day to do day life of three wives amusing.

Wow I totally forgot I was subbed here. I think a lot of people are moving on from Gaia. I did for a very long time. Now I just casually post. But hey ya'll poly people.

Sparkly Lunatic

Blackrose_Knight
lol thanks for mentioning this. I just watched the pilot and I am quite amused.

I know I don't post hardly at all here, but I lurk.

Hi everyone!

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Blackrose_Knight

My ex Eevee and her mom used to watch that show together and her mom was all "If that makes them happy" about it.

Found out we were in a relationship together as a triad and we were all going to hell and horrible people and we weren't allowed to even go on their property and Eevee was practically suicidal the way that her family (her aunt did as well as her dad) rejected her.

Devoted Pirate

Digital Fiend
Blackrose_Knight

My ex Eevee and her mom used to watch that show together and her mom was all "If that makes them happy" about it.

Found out we were in a relationship together as a triad and we were all going to hell and horrible people and we weren't allowed to even go on their property and Eevee was practically suicidal the way that her family (her aunt did as well as her dad) rejected her.
Wow, what a bunch of hypocrites.

Not out to my family yet. Soon tho. If the husband gets his job with the railroad - I don't have to depend on my family financially at all.

Beloved Genius

9,550 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Well, lookit that, posting. =)

I have the thread subscribed so I see when posting happens, though I mostly lurk as well, since I'd been one of many who disappeared off the Gaiasphere.

I haven't watched Big Love for those reasons, but have been curious. Poly in the media an' all.

*edit to add*
I agree with Blackrose_Knight. Hypocrites. =/

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Blackrose_Knight
Wow, what a bunch of hypocrites.

Not out to my family yet. Soon tho. If the husband gets his job with the railroad - I don't have to depend on my family financially at all.

Yeah. But 8 months after we all broke up she's with a guy and everyone is happy again I guess.

I don't know, it just kind of boggles my mind. I couldn't imagine being afraid of telling my family something that makes me happy when it doesn't affect or hurt anyone else.

Good luck Husband!

*Sighs* Sometimes though, James and I miss having a third. Maybe when we get out on our own for good we might date around and see what we can find. *Shrugs* Might be stuck with just casual sex really I guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff