Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you're against it, don't take the job. Too bad you'll lose out on the opportunity, but you need to make sacrifices for your convictions if you take them seriously.

That being said, I would rather wear fur in a print ad than lose potential jobs OR star in a sensationalist spread for a organization like PETA.

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
So you support an organization that kills animals. Not for fur, food, or anything useful. But just kills them on some moral high-ground, that PETS are better off dead than in people's homes being loved and alive.

Brilliant, hypocritical way of thinking.
Lunarflowermaiden
So you support an organization that kills animals. Not for fur, food, or anything useful. But just kills them on some moral high-ground, that PETS are better off dead than in people's homes being loved and alive.

I'm just a model who doesnt like to wear fur and think that wearing it is wrong.
thats all i said.
your making ur own assumptions on that one.
I don't get why "I'd rather go naked than wear fur" is supposed to be dramatic if the model is typically sexualized and made to look like she's enjoying being naked. Now if it was "I'd rather wear a flea-ridden burlap sack than wear fur" or "I'd rather roll around in horse dung than wear fur," it'd make more a statement.

Either way, it's your money and your morals. You're going to have to pick one, or find an impossibly lenient agency.
vampyricXdesires
Lunarflowermaiden

I'm just a model who doesnt like to wear fur and think that wearing it is wrong.
thats all i said.
your making ur own assumptions on that one.

If you don't want people assuming you support PeTA you probably shouldn't reference them in the title to your thread and "pose" using a PeTA campaign.
Guys, c'mon. Seriously, this is PETA we're talking about here. Have they ever done anything that people have actually taken seriously? They're idiots. Kill them with fire.
PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
j u p i t e r__xx SUNRISE
PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

Or, as I prefer:
Poorly Educated Teen Activists
Yeah I woulden't wear furr either but PETA is just a big fat ******** organizasion of hypocrits.
Vosona
Guys, c'mon. Seriously, this is PETA we're talking about here. Have they ever done anything that people have actually taken seriously? They're idiots. Kill them with fire.

Very true.

Greedy Fairy

This is a pointless battle. I have wasted many a breath to support animal rights and veganism.
The sad truth is, people just don't give a ********.
Paradise Ninja
This is a pointless battle. I have wasted many a breath to support animal rights and veganism.
The sad truth is, people just don't give a ********]
I know I don't.
SpriteAddict
BOPINATOR
SpriteAddict
Some other sites to go to that are anti-peta or have information that questions peta:
http://www.anti-peta.com/
http://www.thisistrue.com/peta.html
http://holdinmygroin.tripod.com/
I agree that what peta does by euthanizing animals is wrong but i still support the other things they do. but i do not work for peta so i wouldnt know what they are actually thinking when they did that.

May i ask if you are a vegetarian if not i find that you are a hypocrite becasue you are condeming a group who euthanizes an animal which is painless, but you still support the idea of eating meat. What is your justification now?

Leather is not only unethical towards the animals, but it is harmful to the enviornment which may in turn affect our health.
hERE IS AN ARTICLE
Read the 3rd section it is about its affect on the enviornmeant and our health
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leather
While many people think it is cruel to kill animals for their fur, leather remains a popular consumer item, even though both products require the killing of animals. Most consumers mistakenly assume that leather is merely a by-product of the meat industry, and that buying leather clothing does not increase the number of animals slaughtered. However, this belief ignores the economic interdependence of factory farming and the leather trade.
In reality, leather is a co-product of the meat industry, generating significant profits for both factory farms and the leather trade itself. In fact, without the lucrative sale of animal skins for leather, factory farms would not even be able to turn a profit by selling meat alone. Ultimately, buying leather products subsidizes factory farms while providing financial incentive for them to produce more leather.

Where Leather Comes From

Most leather comes from cattle who are slaughtered for meat, worn-out dairy cows who no longer produce enough milk to be profitable, and veal calves whose soft skin is particularly valuable. Each of these animals suffers a lifetime of cruel confinement and is ultimately harvested for their milk and/or flesh. They also suffer from overcrowding, weather extremes, and lack of food and water on the long trip to the slaughterhouse, with many dying on the way.

Much of the leather purchased in the U.S. is imported from India and China, where conditions for animals are particularly cruel and the cows are so malnourished that they yield little if any meat. Old and sick cows are often forced to march long distances, then crammed tightly into illegal transport trucks that take them to the slaughterhouse. Upon arrival, handlers beat and torture weak and injured cows to force them to walk to the killing floor, then slit their throats while they are still fully conscious. Most clothing labels only specify where the product was finished, not where the leather came from, so if you purchase leather you may be supporting this extreme animal cruelty without even knowing it.

Other animals used to make leather include horses, sheep, lambs, goats and pigs who are raised and slaughtered for meat, as well as kangaroos, elephants, and sharks who are hunted specifically for their skins. In some countries, even dogs and cats are killed for their skins, yet because the products are deliberately mislabeled, consumers around the world unknowingly buy leather made from former companion animals.

Environmental Hazards

Not only is the breeding and killing of animals for leather cruel in itself, but the chemicals used in the tanning process – including formaldehyde, chromium, arsenic, and cyanide-based dyes and finishes – pose serious threats to both the environment and human health. Studies conducted by the Centers for Disease Control found a higher incidence of leukemia among populations living near tanneries, and other research has shown highly elevated cancer rates among tannery workers.
Alternatives to Leather

Many fashionable clothing items and accessories are now made from synthetic materials rather than animal skins. Many non-leather items are sold in discount shoe stores, or you can shop online for an even larger selection. Check out www.veganstore.com, www.veganessentials.com and www.mooshoes.com for stylish non-leather shoes, handbags, wallets, belts and other accessories.
I am condeming PETA for the actions they do. They are terrorists. I have no respect for people who fund money to violent activists that bomb places. I do not have to be a vegetarian to care about animals. My reason wasn't to bash her. My reason was to educate her on the evil of PETA.

ASPCA is WAY WAY WAY better than Peta.

Aspca always euthanizes at the last resort. Eating meat is a part of my diet. I am an omnivore.
I have every right to choose the way I eat like you choose. So don't bash me when I didn't even bash vegetarians.

I am saying that they are killing so many animals when they could be saving them. That is my point. So please take your peta bullshit and leave me alone.

I see how you have good intentions for her, but are you sure you aren't just exxagerating on PETA?
The organizations peta supports is alf right? or something?
i like the idea of liberating animals, but i dont like how people who think they are doing good and calls them part of the alf and use threat mails and such, becuase i prefer a more peaceful way but if it needs force then yes.
The government labels them as "terrorists" becuase they are endangering the companies that make big bucks, and some times chances are that these big top notch companies feed money to the political powered people.
I do not like the idea how some people liberate like masses of animals and then the animals run into the wild and disrupt the balance, with its energy that was always locked in the cages. But a better idea is to just target the company with petitions and persuade them to drop fur. But many vivisection labs have closed down due to the liberation of animals, and so that is a big step for the animals to endure less unneccesary suffering. have you ever heard the story of the maquaqe named BRITCHES?
i am all for liberating that poor infant and saving it from the cruel acts of those barbaric scientists.
Did you know that some "scientists" are supported by the tobacco company becuase when the scientists are conducting experiments to try to induce cancer in the animals by forcing them to do all kinds of smoke related experiments, and it does not get cancer. You know why? Because animals are built differently than us and things that are harmful to us are known to be completely safe to them so vivisection is COMPLETELY USELESS. And please go into detail at what these "terrorists" do?
Aita Vanth
Whatever animal the skin used to belong doesn't need it anymore, so why not wear it? I'm sure that the animal, if it was capable of sentient thought, wouldn't want it's body to go to waste.

You're stupid. They don't just pull fur off of the body of a naturally killed animal.

And even if you would, most people would NOT be happy if their skin was used to make clothing after they died. ESPECIALLY if they were brutally killed for it (vaginal electrocution, anyone?)
So saying a non-human animal would be ok with it is just plain idiotic.

For the OP- If you put aside your ethics for this job, then you may be given a step up to a place where you will be able to say no to fur. It's up to you to decide which is more important- your job or your ethics. Also how badly you need the money.
I personally would find a fur-free place to model.
The Divine Kitten
Aita Vanth
Whatever animal the skin used to belong doesn't need it anymore, so why not wear it? I'm sure that the animal, if it was capable of sentient thought, wouldn't want it's body to go to waste.

For the OP- If you put aside your ethics for this job, then you may be given a step up to a place where you will be able to say no to fur. It's up to you to decide which is more important- your job or your ethicsl.

Or you could use an ethical hierarchy based on sapience. It works wonderfully. It even lets you regard the severely retarded as subhuman, I actually have no problems with that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff